Haswell-E mach_kernel patch (5960X, 5830K and 5820K) 10.10 - 10.10.1 Yosemite

stinga11

670 posts in this topic

No, No, No. Has nothing to do with OS X. 

I assume then you have never read anything I have ever written about Kexts. 

Never use the Bootloader to do anything more then to boot.

Patching kexts with a Bootloader has been shown countless of times to brick installs and is worthless. 

I was asked to comment on thus topic, and I will...

Andrew,

In a perfect world… yes. On a hack. No. Sorry. Just go back a few pages, then you'll find people complaining about the fact that they were unable to boot... just because of using the wrong patched kext(s).

Also. many people would like to install OS X the Apple way, but that won't work without a boot loader that can patch and inject kexts.

About the PS2 kexts. Seriously? Some people just have to inject these or it won't ever work!

Yeah. Sometimes it is a must. Sometimes it is damn handy. Sometimes it is a pain, but you won't hear me saying that it is wrong… because with 10.11 you have no other option!

• Like 2

Step 1, as per this.

1. Audio_ID Injection (select one method)

I did all tree of them maybe that is what is wrong?

Select only one method of three methods noted. How can I be more clear? 

IOReg shows no codec. Verify BIOS/Peripherals/Audio Controller/Enabled.

Attach the dsdt.

If you want to try all three methods: install one method, restart, reply with method, IOReg, config.plist, debug.log.

Repeat for each additional method.

I was asked to comment on thus topic, and I will...

Andrew,

In a perfect world… yes. On a hack. No. Sorry. Just go back a few pages, then you'll find people complaining about the fact that they were unable to boot... just because of using the wrong patched kext(s).

Also. many people would like to install OS X the Apple way, but that won't work without a boot loader that can patch and inject kexts.

About the PS2 kexts. Seriously? Some people just have to inject these or it won't ever work!

Yeah. Sometimes it is a must. Sometimes it is damn handy. Sometimes it is a pain, but you won't hear me saying that it is wrong… because with 10.11 you have no other option!

Wait, ps2 kexts don't work in s/l/e? How is that?

I certainly prefer the method of injecting kexts. The other benefit of this is that the efi partition doesn't need permissions set or or the kernel cache cleared or anything. If there is an update for a kext I just mount the efi partition and replace it.

And obviously autopatching is much more convenient.

Select only one method of three methods noted. How can I be more clear? 

IOReg shows no codec. Verify BIOS/Peripherals/Audio Controller/Enabled.

Attach the dsdt.

If you want to try all three methods: install one method, restart, reply with method, IOReg, config.plist, debug.log.

Repeat for each additional method.

OK found out that in Clover New Way broke Audio.

This is what happens now after the script so I'm getting closer.

Confirm Realtek ALC1150 (y/n): y

Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): y

Use Audio ID: 1 (y/n): y

Download ALC1150 files ...

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current

Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

100 21366  100 21366    0     0  32848      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 32870

Edit config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1

Edit config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts/YES

Edit config.plist/Boot/Arguments/kext-dev-mode=1

Download kext patches

100  1335  100  1335    0     0   2980      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  2979

NOTE: ALC1150 only, make edit before restarting

config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/ALC1150/Replace edit required

Before: <09ec10>, After: <0009ec10> or

Before: CewQ, After: AAnsEA==

Install /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/realtekALC.kext

Download config kext and install ...

100  3451  100  3451    0     0   8564      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  8563

Install System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/ALC1150 zml files

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml.zlib: No such file or directory

Fix permissions ...

Kernel cache...

rebuilding //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext AppleHDAController.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext

Install finished, restart required.

To save a Copy to this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

logout

[Process completed]

But after restart in System profiler it shows Audio but in system prefs not. Stil no audio.

Any Clue?

No attachments, no clue.  IOReg, config.plist, debug.log, etc.

Sorry forgot. :-)

Archive.zip

Here are DSDT, config.plist, IO-Reg. I'm not able to generate the log file with the script.

Getting error path not found or something.

I think something in config file is wrong.

I hope you have enough. Thanks for the effort!

Yes, the wrong patch was edited making 2 bad patches.

Remove the 3 current config.plist audio patches and paste the 3 audio patches from the attached x99/1150.plist into your config.plist and install. Reply with attachments.

In System report Audio is there. In System prefs not.

No audio.

Here are my files.Archive-4.zip

Hope you can find it

I certainly prefer the method of injecting kexts. The other benefit of this is that the efi partition doesn't need permissions set or or the kernel cache cleared or anything. If there is an update for a kext I just mount the efi partition and replace it.

I don't understand why you replied to my post, because not only did I not say that PS/2 kext won't work from /System/Library/Extensions. In fact. I said that some people need them in order to install OS X the Apple way. I'm also not against (auto)patching/injecting kexts (by boot loaders), which is quite something for a non-clover person to say. Perhaps you replied to the wrong person?

use the following applehda and ssdt from toledo, hdafix off in clover and repair permissions and rebuild the cache using sting.... tool. 

EDIT: 10.10.1 works for me.

A. The only issues I ran into was that the update changed the applehda and kernel.

B. After I fixed them clover still wouldn't let me boot. I ended up putting the drive into a real mac to get into the OS and then when I reinserted it into the hackintosh clover worked. 

Ok This does not work yet.

I've deleted hdafix, kextpatches, and deleted rename alza to hdef

copied the SSDT and instaled the kext in S/L/E

repaired permissions en touched Extentions.

After boot I have Audio ID 0 in system report

That ain't good it should be ID 1

So I'm gonna try again.

Instructions: Remove the 3 current config.plist audio patches (done) and paste the 3 audio patches

Added 1 of 3 audio patches.  Add the other 2 patches (zml2xml and alc1150).

I'm sorry but I do not understand all of this.

Remove 3 current config.plist are from the first post.

What are the 2 other patches you talk about?

I do not understand all of this.

Post #308,  config-audio_cloverALC-x99-1150.plist, 3 patches:

1. 10.9.4-10.10-x99-AppleHDA-Realtek-ALC 

2. 10.9-10.10-AppleHDA-Realtek-ALC1150

3. 10.9-10.10-AppleHDA-Resources-xml2zml

Your fixed config.plist. Rename and install the attached config.plist.  Reply with attachments.

Note: Post #1, Patch in Place method (bomerr files) is not compatible with Clover patched method.  Both techniques work, however, when combined, neither will work.

config-edkroket.plist.zip

If you put PS/2 kext in S/L/E then it'll only work after booting into the OS which means you won't have support in the clover bootloader. 

Your fixed config.plist. Rename and install the attached config.plist.  Reply with attachments.

Note: Post #1, Patch in Place method (bomerr files) is not compatible with Clover patched method.  Both techniques work, however, when combined, neither will work.

I wasn't able to get the clover patch method to work so I gave up on it. 

Ok This does not work yet.

I've deleted hdafix, kextpatches, and deleted rename alza to hdef

copied the SSDT and instaled the kext in S/L/E

repaired permissions en touched Extentions.

After boot I have Audio ID 0 in system report

That ain't good it should be ID 1

So I'm gonna try again.

I'm sorry but I do not understand all of this.

Delete any realtek.kext in your clover/kext/10.10 folder

Delete the AppleHDA in S/L/E and replace it with the one in this zip.

Repair permissions using Disk Utility

Rebuild cache using the included command

Replace the config.plist in clover with the included one.

Reboot

100% working on my 5820k/X99-UD4 F9 BIOS with both 10.10 and 10.10.1

If it still doesn't work [or if you installed Voodoo audio] reformat the entire OS and reinstall from scratch. 

Working_Audio.zip

Delete any realtek.kext in your clover/kext/10.10 folder

Delete the AppleHDA in S/L/E and replace it with the one in this zip.

Repair permissions using Disk Utility

Rebuild cache using the included command

Replace the config.plist in clover with the included one.

Reboot

100% working on my 5820k/X99-UD4 F9 BIOS with both 10.10 and 10.10.1

If it still doesn't work [or if you installed Voodoo audio] reformat the entire OS and reinstall from scratch. 

Yes thank you!

Finally it works like it should.!

Pfffff what a hassle was this to get Audio working. Never had this much trouble but it works like a charm.

I'm not sure what is wrong with Toleda's method but something is.

Will let him know as I have tried both of your method's.

Thanks again. Now I can and will Update to 10.01. No problem!

Cheers!

Unfortunately this did not work. I got Audio in system prefs and could choose different outputs but no sound ever came out.

With Bomerr's method.... it did the trick. So I'm not sure what I maybe did wrong but it was quite easy to use bomerr's last post.

Maybe it's something in Clover's patching section that's different from my and yours as there are visual differences in config.plist.

I'm still willing to test for you if needed.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Yes thank you!

Finally it works like it should.!

Pfffff what a hassle was this to get Audio working. Never had this much trouble but it works like a charm.

I'm not sure what is wrong with Toleda's method but something is.

Will let him know as I have tried both of your method's.

Thanks again. Now I can and will Update to 10.01. No problem!

Cheers!

Unfortunately this did not work. I got Audio in system prefs and could choose different outputs but no sound ever came out.

With Bomerr's method.... it did the trick. So I'm not sure what I maybe did wrong but it was quite easy to use bomerr's last post.

Maybe it's something in Clover's patching section that's different from my and yours as there are visual differences in config.plist.

Cheers!

I used toleda's commands method to patch my AppleHDA into what I included in the zip. But i've tried rerunning the scripts and somethings I can't get the patch working. so ya....

If you update it'll break the kernel and applehda so you'll need to refix them. 

Also, like I said, I had an issue where after running the update clover wouldn't boot into 10.10.1. I fixed it by taking the ssd out of my hack and put it inside it  a usb 3.0 enclosure. Then I boot into the drive using my macbook pro and signed in. Then for some weird reason it worked after putting it back in the hackintosh. 

Post to Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

To be clear, the 1150 files in both solutions are the same. The difference is the binary patches.  In the version that is working for you, the patches are applied to the binaries. In the version that is not working, Clover patches the kernel image of the binaries.  Once installed properly, the Clover version requires no further maintenance for 1150 audio.  The patched binary version requires binary re-patching after each Software Update.  Also note, a Mavericks AppleHDA.kext is currently installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me the difference between OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 in the new Clover release?  Should X99 users be experimenting with this or staying away from it?  Just curious of the results from anyone who has tested it... From what I've read it doesn't seem applicable to an X99 system because we still have no kernel support...

Can someone explain to me the difference between OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 in the new Clover release?  Should X99 users be experimenting with this or staying away from it?  Just curious of the results from anyone who has tested it... From what I've read it doesn't seem applicable to an X99 system because we still have no kernel support...

I think that it is only for people who want to use hibernate but I am just not sure.

Does anyone has a solution for VM-Ware Fusion running so slow on our X99 with 5930K?

have you tried playing with how many cores it's using? Or maybe look around in the config file for it and see if there's anything like that. I think that stuff is documented somewhere. Or maybe... VMware workstation in a wine bottle? Just throwing out ideas. There's got to be a workaround.

How to edit the .vmx file: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1014782

Here are the different options for the .vmx file: http://sanbarrow.com/vmx/vmx-advanced.html#bios

The options under "host" in particular look like they might be useful:

host.TSC.noForceSync
host.useFastclock
host.TSC.forcedDelta
host.TSC.maxDelta
host.cpukHz
host.noTSC
ptsc.noTSC 

Does the clock in your virtual machine run fast? I wonder if it's detecting the FSB wrong. If so the host.useFastclock or host.cpukHz options might be useful.

Also some of the options under "priority" and this option under "vmx: vmx.superPriorityBoost

There is also an option to go into the BIOS for the vm once, on the next boot: bios.forceSetupOnce = "TRUE" 

Another article about those settings: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1227

A forum post about Vmware running slow on Mavericks: https://communities.vmware.com/thread/464962 

TL;DR: The solution posted in that article is:

MemTrimRate = "0"
sched.mem.pshare.enable = "FALSE"
prefvmx.useRecommendedLockedMemSize = "TRUE"

Hopefully some of that helps.