2,188 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, fryysyd said:

1. Unable to obtain fan information, changing the FANINLIMIT value will not work either;

You have to take the max limit otherwise the risk is to not show fans because FANINLIMIT is not the number of the fans you have, but the number of the fans the LPC chip can handle. If some of it doesn't show up is because has an incredible value. Create a file to your desktop:

touch ~/Desktop/HWBadSensors

and restart the app. 

The voltage value obtained by the chipset sensor is wrong. I don't know how to set the voltage value of each sensor, such as how to get the Rf and Ri values in + 12VC?

The formula is:

valueFromChip + ((valueFromChip - VRef) * Ri) / Rf

no need to say that Rf must not be 0. All the values are integers because kexts can read only integers from a plist so the the calculation should be:

valueFromChip = 0,504 volts (assuming this is the +5V)

VRef = 0

Ri = 10

Rf = 1 

valueFromChip + ((valueFromChip - VRef) * Ri) / Rf = 5,04 Volts

3. How to determine whether the default in W836x.kext or the corresponding motherboard setting is effective?

You have to ask to the Motherboard vendor, or compare with other software in Windows.

3. How to determine whether the default in W836x.kext or the corresponding motherboard setting is effective?
4. What is the relationship between HWMonitorSMC2.app/Contents/SharedSupport/LPC/ASUS/Nuvoton NCT6793D / ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING.plist and W836x.kext? I migrated the information from ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING.plist to W836x.kext. It didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

3. Create firstly an empty dictionary with the motherboard name (exactly) to see raw values reported by the chip, and start modifying VRef, Ri and Rf.

4. nothing, different projects, it's for Lilu/VirtualSMC plugins (so not for FakeSMC plugins). Anyway it is just the same, "multi" is a multiplier that already take into account the above formula.

Edited by vector sigma

13 hours ago, MacNB said:

Are you saying that HWMonitorSMC2 should display the motherboard name (Z77X-UP5-TH) instead of the sensor chip name ?

No it should display:

Z77X-UP5-TH, ITE IT8728F

instead of 

Main Logic Board, ITE IT8728F

We are OT for this here, but only recently OpenCore added OEM informations. Clover has this for a long time. Otherwise the app doesn't know that has to read the Z77X-UP5-TH.plist

Edited by vector sigma

29 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

No it should display:

Z77X-UP5-TH, ITE IT8728F

instead of 

Main Logic Board, ITE IT8728F

We are OT for this here, but only recently OpenCore added OEM informations. Clover has this for a long time. Otherwise the app doesn't know that has to read the Z77X-UP5-TH.plist

Got it. Thx. So it's an OpenCore issue.

4 hours ago, vector sigma said:

You have to take the max limit otherwise the risk is to not show fans because FANINLIMIT is not the number of the fans you have, but the number of the fans the LPC chip can handle. If some of it doesn't show up is because has an incredible value. Create a file to your desktop:

touch ~/Desktop/HWBadSensors

and restart the app. 

The formula is:

valueFromChip + ((valueFromChip - VRef) * Ri) / Rf

no need to say that Rf must not be 0. All the values are integers because kexts can read only integers from a plist so the the calculation should be:

valueFromChip = 0,504 volts (assuming this is the +5V)

VRef = 0

Ri = 10

Rf = 1 

valueFromChip + ((valueFromChip - VRef) * Ri) / Rf = 5,04 Volts

You have to ask to the Motherboard vendor, or compare with other software in Windows.

3. Create firstly an empty dictionary with the motherboard name (exactly) to see raw values reported by the chip, and start modifying VRef, Ri and Rf.

4. nothing, different projects, it's for Lilu/VirtualSMC plugins (so not for FakeSMC plugins). Anyway it is just the same, "multi" is a multiplier that already take into account the above formula.

Thank you very much for your reply! I deleted FakeSMC.kext and replaced VirtualSMC.kext. Now all the sensors seem to be normal. I don't know if there are other problems. Can you see it in the picture? Anyway, thank you for your efforts and good work!

EN.thumb.png.f2211203182d8334240cfb9929756a09.png

2 hours ago, Andrey1970 said:

420673081_2020-02-1621_35_26.png.932779438eb61c40f14f30976388932a.png

Thanks that helped my situation with the motherboard name (Z77X-UP5-TH). It would be good to list in the Configuration.pdf file what exact OEM info is exposed when turning on that option. Thx.

Now it's displayed correctly:

1520831368_Screenshot2020-02-16at20_20_28.png.4868f611d6c67c2b06ab60d3f908736a.png

@vector sigma

Motherboard name now correct after changing OC config to expose more OEM info.

The only thing that's not right is CPU_OPT fan name should be called SYS_FAN4...at least that is how it is marked on the motherboard and in the manual. I do not see Z77X-UP5 TH-CF.plist in the HWMonitorSMC2 app's Contents LPC Gigabyte folder.

@MacNB you reuse default.plist but fans name may be looks ok, but in reality may be something else as the default.plist was based on another motherboard.

e.g. Sys Fan 4 can be else on your mobo, may be is Sys Fan 1 for what we know if you do not ensure this. Otherwise the fan configuration is not true..

14 hours ago, vector sigma said:

as the default.plist comes from :lol:

...but if @MacNB want ensure it..

I confirm the fan locations and their their names as shown in the pictures of the Z77X-UP TH motherboard.

I went through each fan connecter one by one connecting a fan to make sure there was a speed reading on each connector.

Then attached 4 fans + the one on the CPU cooler:

851248696_Screenshot2020-02-17at12_51_34.png.57f3c0f2d260a2cc8f5ee2dfc554a299.png

Also attached is the config file in from the App.

839234762_Screenshot2020-02-17at13_16_24.png.40cb41f1f87eeff8732682e3cd8ed4ca.png

Z77X-UP5 TH-CF.plist.zip

Edited by MacNB
added screenshot
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MacNB said:

I confirm the fan locations and their their names as shown in the pictures of the Z77X-UP TH motherboard.

I went through each fan connecter one by one connecting a fan to make sure there was a speed reading on each connector.

Then attached 4 fans + the one on the CPU cooler:

Also attached is the config file in from the App.

Z77X-UP5 TH-CF.plist.zip

Thanks to had taken the time to ensure fans connectors are right. The file is identical on what it's already on Github..

On 2/20/2020 at 12:55 AM, darthsian said:

Hi vector, for items that are in a subgroup, such as Graphics / Vega56 / Temperature or CPU / Core Temperatures / Core 0, the check boxes  are shifted to the right and are not visible.

HWsensors.png

Just Vega or Radeon VII works too?

On 2/20/2020 at 9:55 AM, darthsian said:

Hi vector, for items that are in a subgroup, such as Graphics / Vega56 / Temperature or CPU / Core Temperatures / Core 0, the check boxes  are shifted to the right and are not visible.

Fixed at github.

On 2/22/2020 at 10:44 PM, maclinuxG4 said:

sur for radeon VII ? radeon frontier all before vega and 5700 ?

Doesn't require kexts to be installed, so running the app and see cost nothing :)

On 2/24/2020 at 6:35 PM, iCanaro said:

sorry for OT

kext virtualsmc plugin for temp. CPU AMD + app AMD Power gadget

developer https://github.com/trulyspinach/SMCAMDProcessor

Good, anyway for different sensor projects I'll be glad to talk about it here :)

• Like 1