2,188 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! Happy 2020.

I found out that recently Intel Power Gadget updated to v3.6.2, in the usual Intel's page.

Has anyone noticed any incompatibilities or hiccups?

There is no changelog posted.

I have just updated to this version and with HWMonitorSMC2 v2.5.0 it seems to work just fine.

Thanks

Edited by MacKonsti

23 hours ago, MacKonsti said:

Hi everyone! Happy 2020.

I found out that recently Intel Power Gadget updated to v3.6.2, in the usual Intel's page.

Has anyone noticed any incompatibilities or hiccups?

There is no changelog posted.

I have just updated to this version and with HWMonitorSMC2 v2.5.0 it seems to work just fine.

Thanks

Yes, hwmonitorsmc2 v2.5.0, which shows the data perfectly all the time. Thank you very good vector Sigma!

Edited by jinbingmao

Hi everyone!

I've got this line below with FakeSMC v3.5.3 (no plugins installed) on macOS 10.15.3 Beta 2

(AppleSMCLMU) AppleLMUController::smcReadKey Error: received error 0x84 when reading key 'MSLD'

23 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi everyone!

I've got this line below with FakeSMC v3.5.3 (no plugins installed) on macOS 10.15.3 Beta 2

(AppleSMCLMU) AppleLMUController::smcReadKey Error: received error 0x84 when reading key 'MSLD'

No plugins - no MSLD.

The key can be produced by VoodooBatterySMC or manually by ACPImonitor or just add constant into FakeSMC Info.plist like LID is always opened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2020 at 7:06 PM, Andres ZeroCross said:

@vector sigma some sensor in CPU Section is missing with Intel Power Gadget 3.7.0. Maybe need new update for HWMonitorSMC2 :)
Thanks you

Test it: . This version doesn't like IntelPowerGadget.app to be opened at same time, and vice versa, because the code is set to use the PMU functionality provided:

/*@function PG_UsePMU
* @abstract Enable or disable the use of the Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) by the Power Gadget library.
* @discussion Enabling the use of the PMU by the Power Gadget Library allows for ReadSample to collect higher accuracy data with lower overhead; however, this also prevents the use of the PMU by other software. Disabling the use of the PMU by the Power Gadget library will enable compatibility with other software that uses the PMU.
* @param iPackage Index of Intel processor package to query. Must be less than the value from PG_GetNumPackages.
* @param flag Set to true to enable the use of the PMU, and false to disable.
* @result True on success, false on failure. */
bool PG_UsePMU(int iPackage, bool flag);

P.S. tomorrow I'll add sensors from VirtualSMC but now I need to go to bed because I've the flu:help:

EDIT

bugs maybe present as I've just finished writing the code.

Edited by vector sigma
Beta app removed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vector sigma said:

Test it: HWMonitorSMC2.app_2.5.1_IPG3.7.zip. This version doesn't like IntelPowerGadget.app to be opened at same time, and vice versa, because the code is set to use the PMU functionality provided:

/*@function PG_UsePMU
* @abstract Enable or disable the use of the Performance Monitoring Unit (PMU) by the Power Gadget library.
* @discussion Enabling the use of the PMU by the Power Gadget Library allows for ReadSample to collect higher accuracy data with lower overhead; however, this also prevents the use of the PMU by other software. Disabling the use of the PMU by the Power Gadget library will enable compatibility with other software that uses the PMU.
* @param iPackage Index of Intel processor package to query. Must be less than the value from PG_GetNumPackages.

P.S. tomorrow I'll add sensors from VirtualSMC but now I need to go to bed because I've the flu:help:

EDIT

It's look better

image.thumb.png.79c2ae01a9ef4939020e639c668c254e.png

21 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Test it: HWMonitorSMC2.app_2.5.1_IPG3.7.zip. This version doesn't like IntelPowerGadget.app to be opened at same time, and vice versa, because the code is set to use the PMU functionality provided

EDIT

Hope you are feeling better @vector sigma!

I too, confirm that using IPG v3.7.0 with 2.5.1beta on Mojave latest, the readings are back especially the cores now I see 8 (4x2 threads) instead of just the cores.

I run IPG all the time and seems 2.5.1 shared here, works well with both open and in parallel.

When I quit IPG 3.7.0, I get no frequency readings at all in HWMonitorSMC2.

Looking forward to the final release. Thank you again.

Edited by MacKonsti

On 1/16/2020 at 3:53 PM, Slice said:

No plugins - no MSLD.

The key can be produced by VoodooBatterySMC or manually by ACPImonitor or just add constant into FakeSMC Info.plist like LID is always opened.

Thanks.

@Slice I don't understand why this error from Catalina:

Because I've a Desktop using Imac19,1 SMBIOS, not a Laptop.

20 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Test it: HWMonitorSMC2.app_2.5.1_IPG3.7.zip. This version doesn't like IntelPowerGadget.app to be opened at same time, and vice versa, because the code is set to use the PMU functionality provided:...

Hm... If I start and stop IGP, the HWMonitorSMC2 shows me the Temp&Freq of CPU equal 0. I don't use Clover&Fake - OC and VSMC only.

1 minute ago, losinka said:

Sorry, I don't saw/understood. Can you say again please?

23 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Test it: HWMonitorSMC2.app_2.5.1_IPG3.7.zip. This version doesn't like IntelPowerGadget.app to be opened at same time, and vice versa, because the code is set to use the PMU functionality provided:

/*@function PG_UsePMU

EDIT

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1