2,188 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Murmur2k said:

Hi - is it possible on the AMD X570 platform with Ryzen 3900x to expose the temperature sensors and fans in order to control fan speeds? My motherboard (Aorus x570 i pro Wifi) apparently has an ITE chip.

ITE chips are supported in general. See kernel log about loading appropriate kexts.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:08 PM, Slice said:

ITE chips are supported in general. See kernel log about loading appropriate kexts.

Sorry I'm a beginner on this front - so I need to look at the log to see where sensors fail to load a kext? Is it not just a case of running your installed selecting the chipset etc? Also I see in 2014 you mentioned no fan control - is that still the case? Appreciate any help.. many thanks

Edited by Murmur2k
Additional question

Hi @Slice have you eventually officially included in the latest code/repo any support/detection for ITE chipset ID 0x8987 (thus possibly detecting the IT8987E-VG per Intel's motherboard specs) or should we use your test-kext you kindly posted some time ago?

Otherwise we need to compile the kext as on Sourceforge there's still HWSensors-3_r240.dmg available, yes?

Hi @Murmur2k I am also having troubles detecting any trace at all, of my fans or Super I/O chipset, it's like the BIOS or the ACPI code is totally hiding its existence, no direct evidence of it on my Mojave set-up. Check the posts by @Slice here and here that also advised me on what type of logs to check.

Can anyone kindly share a latest-compiled working ITE kext ("Release"), please? I would be grateful ! Thank you.

Hi @Slice I'm on amd with the configuration in my signature using your fakesmc + sensors in version 3.5.3, my motherboard have the sensor iteit8665e, with the kext iteit87x hwmonitor gave me only the value of temperature and is stuck on 0°C, could you please help me to have working temperature and frequency indication of the cpu ?

Thanks for your work

CLOVER.zip

12 hours ago, lore3333 said:

Hi @Slice I'm on amd with the configuration in my signature using your fakesmc + sensors in version 3.5.3, my motherboard have the sensor iteit8665e, with the kext iteit87x hwmonitor gave me only the value of temperature and is stuck on 0°C, could you please help me to have working temperature and frequency indication of the cpu ?

Thanks for your work

CLOVER.zip

I am sorry but I have no datasheets on AMD Ryzen with information what register number corresponds to temperature reading as well as what MSR or CPUID may reflect frequency.

• Like 1

I am sorry but I have no datasheets on AMD Ryzen with information what register number corresponds to temperature reading as well as what MSR or CPUID may reflect frequency.
Well in that case i hope in the future support for amd will be Better, again thanks a lot for all the work you do for the community

On 11/8/2019 at 5:42 AM, Slice said:

@vector sigma

Why I can't stretch the window?

Снимок экрана 2019-11-08 в 7.38.09.png

Easy: lock the lock. Or detach it, resize and then reattach it. Since the window is detachable the lock avoid the detach, but also allow the resize while is appended. (dragging it can have one or another action)

Edited by vector sigma

Hi @Slice many wishes for a great start at your new home!

Please, two questions. Does the new release r241 include the fix by @vector sigma for HWMonitorSMC2 due to Intel Power Gadget's new way of reporting CPU frequencies?

Also, does this build include the ITE chipset ID=0x8987 that should cover both types of chipset IT8987 and IT8987E ? You may recall that my NUC's datasheet from Intel mentions ITE IT8987E-VG.

Many thanks!

6 hours ago, MacKonsti said:

Hi @Slice many wishes for a great start at your new home!

Please, two questions. Does the new release r241 include the fix by @vector sigma for HWMonitorSMC2 due to Intel Power Gadget's new way of reporting CPU frequencies?

Also, does this build include the ITE chipset ID=0x8987 that should cover both types of chipset IT8987 and IT8987E ? You may recall that my NUC's datasheet from Intel mentions ITE IT8987E-VG.

Many thanks!

1. New HWMonitorSMC2 is here https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/HWMonitorSMC2

2. ID=0x8987 is already supported. I still wait for your kernel.log

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, holyfield said:

Please note there is a bug on showing IGPU memory size

Is taken from mac OS

On 12/13/2019 at 1:31 PM, holyfield said:

How do I get Radeon VII temp readings?

The attached solution gives temp readings but I don't have fan speeds etc with this solution.

• Gigabyte Z390 Designare
  • Radeon VII

RadeonVII_FakeSMC_Package.zip

no-amd-radeon-vii-temp.jpg

same. Taken form mac OS.

22 minutes ago, holyfield said:

Which doesn't mean, that there is no bug somewhere.

I cannot be sure of that honestly, but:

14 minutes ago, holyfield said:

What exactly is generating these values on macOS (Catalina)? 

• SMIMonitor.kext
  • ITEIT87x.kext
  • IntelCPUMonitor.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • ACPIMonitor.kext

none of them. just mac OS vanilla drivers. Values published by the drivers .... has no calculations that can be misscalculated, it is just a read.

I'll be happy to see a ioreg from your system.

Edited by vector sigma

On 12/15/2019 at 6:27 PM, vector sigma said:

I cannot be sure of that honestly, but:

none of them. just mac OS vanilla drivers. Values published by the drivers .... has no calculations that can be misscalculated, it is just a read.

I'll be happy to see a ioreg from your system.

Thank you vector sigma!

After digging deeper we figured out that original iMac (iMac19.1) has 4GB of shared memory (with 8GB of RAM). The known argument that maOS can have only up to 2GB of shared memory is an invalid myth. Value ~7GB shown in my system is actually correct has I have installed 64GB of memory.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, holyfield said:

After digging deeper we figured out that original iMac (iMac19.1) has 4GB

Yep, 4.29 GB in the vanilla ioreg We saw. Apple also state that memory can be dynamically allocated, so this also depend by the workload. However this appear to be true for newer IGPU than my HD 4000. Another things that we must to say, is that all this get measured by the Open GL/Metal drivers shipped with the OS.

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...