Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

Post #1, Problem Reporting.

No errors from script. KP is deadbeef error, not related to audio.

Wanted to mention that the deadbeef error was video related, more than likely it's b/c discrete graphics wasn't disabled. Thanks again for your contributions to the community

Even though I tried the sleep fix.  I still have random issue were it might not work after wake.  But I just found a great alternative to on board sound.  I bought a PCM2704 DAC (external sound card with line out and optical) on eBay for $11.  Took about 5 days to get it from China.  If you search eBay for PCM2704 DAC.  You will see some in blue enclosure for $11.  Is just about on par with onboard sound maybe slightly better than my ALC898.  I compared it with a ODAC and Fiio E10K DAC as well and it has pretty good sound compared to those at 16bit.  It was hard to determine which was which and I'm using $600 headphone (Alpha Dogs with o2 amp.  The only thing about that dac is it has no headphone amp so you will need to amp headphone separately.  But if your only using speakers or optical you will not want to use the headphone amp jack anyway.  So far this has no issues with sleep so its a much better option if you have a desktop and it will be plugin all the time anyway.  I bought it for a extra computer my kids use and it sleeps ofter.

• 3 weeks later...

I have sound working well using Clover AppleHDA injection, using the 3.5jack and optical outputs....but I'm not getting DTS/Dolby audio passthrough when playing movies. (not an issue with cables/receiver, tested fine within windows).

Is there another requirement to get the passthrough working?

This is my clover config:

==

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>10.9/AppleHDA/Resources/xml>zml</string>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

eG1sLnps

</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AppleHDA</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

em1sLnps

</data>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>10.9/AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150</string>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

ixnUEQ==

</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>AppleHDA</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

AAnsEA==

</data>

</dict>

===

Is there another requirement to get the passthrough working?

Correct player:

Optical 5.1 - DD/DTS receiver/speakers with SPDIFin

1. Players (tested and working)
    1. PlexHT_v1.0.13
    2. XBMC_v13.0 - select System/Audio/Enable Passthrough
    3. MPlayerX_v1.0.22.1 - Yes/DD D/DTS (Preferences/Audio/Pass through AC3=Yes/DTS=Yes)

1.OSX10.3/AsusMaximusFormulaVI/Bios1505/CPUi7-4790/GPUgtx-960

2.CloverInjection;

3.NativeAppleHDA

(attached screenshots with DPCIManager and AudioHW)

Thank you for you help and let me know if you miss anything.

PS: I mentioned windows just to be clear that it's not an issue with the "audio external setup",like receiver/cables)

post-123226-0-12089100-1432188389_thumb.png

post-123226-0-03670000-1432188396_thumb.png

iMacIOreg.zip

Audio is configured properly.  IOReg shows no player; ignored Post #629.

Not sure what that means....what have I ignored? The receiver was and it's connected via optical cable to the PC, audio(stereo) is playing fine, only the "passthrough" is not working.

Ok, seems that you're making fun of me. I appreciate you're trying to help, but... mocking me it's not nice.

I have been using the my 7.1 receiver connected to a PC via coaxial/optical cabled along with a PC/MacMini for years...so I know that it's not a problem on the overall setup, but with the YosemiteHack. That's why I'm asking for help here, since it's clear that it's an issue with my sound drivers/config on the OS X. 

I understood from your post that you need:

1. Capable receiver for decoding DTS connected via digital cable (coax/optical)  - which I have (as mentioned)

2. Video player configured properly for passing trough the digital audio.   - which I had configured properly

So...tell me what I did not understood that it's "the solution" in that post. Again, using windows or Yosemite on the mac mini, everything is fine....but on the hack, NO. 

Also, I noticed that sometimes I'm not getting any audio via optical output...and, to fix that, I have to reboot the system.

Thanks.

I tried with MplayerX, VLC and Kodi. Again, it's not about the player...I know how to setup that part, it's something wrong with the audio driver on Yosemite. Not sure why is that hard to believe me that it's not about the video player+receiver setup/config. :)

INot sure why is that hard to believe me that it's not about the video player+receiver setup/config.

Simple, your assumptions/conclusions are not correct. That is exactly what it is about.  

Hi Toleda,

I enabled sound with Clover Audio_ID injection + patch in place. Now I have four devices in System Preferences/Sound/Output: Internal Speakers, 2 x Line Out, and Digital Out. My motherboard has 6 rear sound connectors. Sound works plugging the speakers to the rear orange connector and selecting the first Line Out device, or plugging the speaker to the rear black connector and selecting the second Line Out device.

I can't get sound from the rear green connector, no matter what device I choose in System Preferences/Sound/Output. I think the green connector is supposed to correspond to Internal Speaker, isn't it? Anyway, I'd appreciate any help in getting the green connector working. 

Here's my system info: OS X 10.10.3 / Asus Z97-PRO motherboard with BIOS version 2012 x64 / Core i7-4790k processor / EVGA GTX 970. The rest of the information is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/132830/Toleda.zip

On question: for the patch in place procedure, you instruct to verify the presence of /S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext_vx.x-toledaALCxxx, but on my system I only have AppleHDA.kext (which I included in the zip). Why is it different?

Thanks!

Here's the terminal output for the failed command;

Agreement

The audio_realtekALC-100 script is for personal use only. Do not distribute

the patch, any or all of the files or the resulting patched AppleHDA.kext

for any reason without permission. The audio_realtekALC-100 script is

provided as is and without any kind of warranty.

File: File: audio_realtekALC-100.command_v1.0.4c

Verify kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag/argument

Confirm Realtek ALC892 (y/n): y

Enable HD4600 HDMI audio (y/n): n

Audio ID: 0 is not supported, continue (y/n): n

Here's the terminal output for the failed command;

The script did not fail. Rather, the script verifies audio is configured properly for working audio after kext patching.  In your case, Audio ID is not set.  Note: hex (layout-id) equals Audio ID.

Suggest:  layout-id = Audio ID = 1.

Methods: dsdt, ssdt, kext or bootloader injection.

For installation details, see Post #1, Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio Injection

Fix: set layout-id before running script. restart, and run script.

By the way, if you answered Continue: y, the script would tell you to set Audio ID and run successfully.

Thank you very much, Toleda! Changed my Audio ID to 1 and everything works, even the two mic and line front connectors. There is a thing, though, that I expect you to help me solve if you know how: my system language is set to English, but the inputs and outputs have danish (!!!) names! See for yourself: 

Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 8.49.23 PM.png

Very new to the hackintosh scene with zero tech experience (I'm in healthcare) but was able to get my machine up and running thanks to this site. 

Specs:

OSX 10.10.2 w/ clover

AsRock H97 Pro4

i7-4790 3.6 GHz

16gb RAM

GT740 Superclocked 2gb

Rosewill wifi

Iogear bluetooth module

Was able to get the audio to work but it develops a nasty lag after watching a video for 2 minutes or longer.  If I pause and restart it doesn't help. But if I start another video it is ok for another 2 minutes or so. (Although it may be lagging the entire time and just takes 2 minutes for it to be come noticeable)

Tried installing using the clover patch (option 3) and also just the patched AppleHDA (option 1) but they both have the same problem.

I've attached the patched AppleHDA, my config.plist, my audio device list, DPCI boot log, and IOREG. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

I have the same problem. You got fix it?

Thanks!

my system language is set to English, but the inputs and outputs have danish (!!!) names!

Indicates the AppleHDA.kext used for patching was not native; Combo Update AppleHDAs are not complete.

See Post #1/Requirements/2. Native AppleHDA.kext/1. Need native . .