Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

Somebody can help me? I get a successfully installation of Mac OS X Yosemite on my ASUS N53SM, i get everithing working pretty fine but i had problems with audio, i doesn't get to audio work... and really this is annoying, because i think sound is very important in any hackintosh, sooooooo if you get me a little help, will be appreciated.

My audio chip i think it is a ALC269.

Help me please.

Cheers.

I've recently noticed that `kextstat` doesn't show realtekALC.kext loaded. Is this normal? I have not changed anything since I posted last (page 23). Device shows up in SysPrefs, headphones detected normally, but no sound from any of the ports.

System: XPS 8000 i7 860 Realtek ALC887 Audio Card

Bootloader: Clover

I try cloverALC/Clover patched but I got this

File: audio_cloverALC-100.command_v1.0.4b

Verify EFI partition mounted, Finder/Devices/EFI

EFI partition is mounted

/Users/carlocavalieri/Downloads/audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.4.command: line 261: [: ==: unary operator expected

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem

No system files were changed

To save a Copy to this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

logout

Why this error?
Thanks!

Here is the file

Like the script reported, no IOReg/HDEF

Verify codec, see Post #1/Requirements/2. Realtek ALC, attach DPCIManager/Status screenshot

Fix (if supported codec): 

download No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide].pdf from toleda/audio_ALC_guides

See 

I. No Output Devices Found

B. HDEF Verification/IORegistryExplorer see Tools 3.

1. IOReg/Search: HDEF

2. If no IOReg/HDEF

b. Add dsdt/HDEF, select one method and implement

I am using an Intel DH77DF motherboard which uses Realtek ALC 898 for audio. I was able to get the sound to work using Clover Patched AppleHDA. However, I only can hear audio using the front panel connector (connected to the motherboard HD Audio header) for some reason. Any of the rear panel connectors (of which there are 5 stereo jacks + one optical SPDIF) do not work. To be clear, this is with nothing plugged into the front and only the back. The speak icon in the menu bar remains grayed out despite plugging speakers only into the back.

Perhaps this has something to do with the Audio ID? I tried 1 and 2, both providing sound only to the front panel. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I am using an Intel DH77DF motherboard which uses Realtek ALC 898 for audio. I was able to get the sound to work using Clover Patched AppleHDA. However, I only can hear audio using the front panel connector (connected to the motherboard HD Audio header) for some reason. Any of the rear panel connectors (of which there are 5 stereo jacks + one optical SPDIF) do not work. To be clear, this is with nothing plugged into the front and only the back. The speak icon in the menu bar remains grayed out despite plugging speakers only into the back.

Perhaps this has something to do with the Audio ID? I tried 1 and 2, both providing sound only to the front panel. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

So I tried re-installing everything from scratch using Clover on 10.10.2 and I was experiencing the same thing. Plugging in headphones into the front jacks, I got audio. Removing those headphones and trying to use any of the rear ports resulted in no sound and the speaker icon remained grayed out on the menu bar. However, eventually it worked. Within Settings, I was clicking on the output devices both with headphones plugged in the front and not, and it may have been that by default the proper output device wasn't being selected with the headphones unplugged and speakers plugged in the back. I also used a sysdef that better matched my actual hack hardware this time around, so that may have contributed some. I also tried changing the "Front Panel Audio" setting in the BIOS from "Auto" to "HD Audio" and "Legacy Audio". Regardless, it's working now and for others experiencing a similar problem, those may be some things to try.

I have tried to install on Clover setup of OS X 10.10.2, and it does not work for ALC 887 (Asus Z97-K). Previously I did installation successfully (seems it was 90 version, not 100) on 10.10.1 and it worked okay.

UPD: It was my fault. I have no kexts folder in Clover folder on EFI partition. I have created it and run script again -- it works great.

Thanks.