Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

Why macpro6,1?

Trying set iMac15,1 and MacPro5,1 and MacPro3,1 - no luck. This problem only for x99 motherboard. 

Repair permissions and rebuild cache, restart.

Done. No sound.

Toleda - I am still trying to understand EAPD installation on my Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH board.

IS this as simple as installing 

<key>Default</key>

<dict>
<key>HDEF Device Location</key>
<string>1B</string>
<key>Codec Address Number</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Check Interval</key>
<integer>5000</integer>
<key>Check Infinitely</key>
<true/>
</dict>

into the config.plist? I really don't understand the values of this command list.

Here is the IOReg file from my Yosemite 10.10.3 hackintosh

Another question - can I keep the configured AppleHDA from 10.10.3 to work seamlessly in 10.10.4?

IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B/AppleHDAController@1B/IOHDACodecDevice@1B,2

Codec Address Number is 2

Chameleon: run audio_realtekALC to install, run audio_realtekALC after each Software Update

Clover: run audio_cloverALC to install, no action required after Software Update.

Toleda -

So this is the only addition to config.plist that  is necessary?

<key>Default</key>

<dict>

<string>1B</string>

<key>2</key>

<integer>0</integer>

<integer>5000</integer>

<true/>

</dict>

is the only addition to config.plist that  is necessary?

Not correct, deleted property (key).

<dict>
<string>1B</string>
<key>Codec Address Number</key>
<integer>2</integer>
<integer>5000</integer>
<true/>
</dict>

Toleda - Just wanted to be very sure this is correctly inserted into the config.plist. Thank you for helping me out. I just want this to be correct.

Here is my complete config.plist with the text inserted.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fjcabkwy2ar1xm/config.plist?dl=0

I hope you will comment.

I see now that this is a kext that is loaded into S/L/E that emits controls to the amps. Is there just one version of Coded Commander or are they coded specific?

I downloaded Rehabman Codec Commander version 2015-0522. Guess I have a lot to learn about this kext.

Trying to fix audio output from the GreenLine Output connector on Gigabyte Z97X-UD7 TH motherboard running Yosemite 10.10.3 and Mavericks 10.9.5

Toleda - I am sending the two files from Rehabman-Codec Commander 2015-0522 in an effort to understand what I need to do to modify the info.plist correctly.

I noticed that when reading the contents of the info text that it only lists limited codecs in the 800 range. No mention about the ALC-1150 codec.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/591mbavtumgfhgz/CodecCommander.kext.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9ec33t308tvjw6/hda-verb?dl=0

I am not sure how to proceed yet. Thanks for your help in understanding Codec Commader

Toleda - I am coming again for advise. My Z97X-UD7 motherboard will not send any audio from it's Green - Line output socket. I can set the Preferences to Internal Speaker and hear audio just fine. The Sound preferences lists 2 line output selections along with the internal speaker.

I suspect that having 2 line outs are wrong. This is on 10.10.4 after reinstalling sound to AppleHDA with your patch in place script. Both Mavericks and Yosemite have the same 2 line outs in Sound preferences and neither work.

Thanks for your help - 

Toleda - I am coming again for advise. My Z97X-UD7 motherboard will not send any audio from it's Green - Line output socket. I can set the Preferences to Internal Speaker and hear audio just fine. The Sound preferences lists 2 line output selections along with the internal speaker.

I suspect that having 2 line outs are wrong. This is on 10.10.4 after reinstalling sound to AppleHDA with your patch in place script. Both Mavericks and Yosemite have the same 2 line outs in Sound preferences and neither work.

Thanks for your help - 

Did you actually try selecting the 2nd Line Out?

On my system, the 1st Line Out goes to the "c/sub" speaker port on my board. The 2nd Line Out goes to the "rear" speaker port, which is the one I use for external speakers. (my ports are not color coded). The Internal Speaker goes to the "headphone" port.

Looking at a picture of your mother board, my external speaker (Line Out #2) is the black port. Headphones (Internal Speaker) is the green port.  Microphone is the pink port. The orange port, which unused at the moment, is Line Out #1.

And for what it's worth, the speaker port on the front of my case is controlled by Internal Speaker. Anything plugged in to it overrides whatever is plugged into my headphone port.

My system

Thanks for the response. You are referencing the ALC-1150 codec with this information.

My Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 manual lists the following audio ports

Orange- Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out

Black - Rear Speaker Out

Gery - Side Speaker Out

Blue - Line In Jack

Green - Line Out Jack

Pink - Mic In Jack

HMMMM?

Thanks for the response. You are referencing the ALC-1150 codec with this information.

My Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 manual lists the following audio ports

Orange- Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out

Black - Rear Speaker Out

Gery - Side Speaker Out

Blue - Line In Jack

Green - Line Out Jack

Pink - Mic In Jack

HMMMM?

If you are setting sound output to Internal Speaker you should get sound from the green port.

Internal Speaker = green port

Line Out 1 = orange port

Line Out 2 = black port

This is assuming your ports are mapped the same as mine.

Thanks for that information. I always assumed that Line Output was stereo. Guess I was mistaken. I do audio and video and I just need a stereo out.

BY the way - was your AppleHDA conversion to ALC-1150 and did you use the patch in place method of converting AppleHDA?

Sincerely, thanks - I will give it a try now.

Thanks for that information. I always assumed that Line Output was stereo. Guess I was mistaken. I do audio and video and I just need a stereo out.

BY the way - was your AppleHDA conversion to ALC-1150 and did you use the patch in place method of converting AppleHDA?

Sincerely, thanks - I will give it a try now.

I used the cloverALC / Clover patch on a native AppleHDA from my 10.10.4 install.

So... I feel like I've been around the block trying to get ALC1150 audio working so I'm now asking for help :/ I'm running vanilla Yosemite 10.10.4 installed with Clover and using Clover for pure EFI booting with vanilla kernel using Clover to patch for x99.

Motherboard: MSI X99S Mpower - http://us.msi.com/product/motherboard/X99S-MPOWER.html#hero-overview

Processor: i7 5930k

GPU(s): 3x GTX 970

MEM: 32gb 2666 DDR4

Bios: M.6 (latest) - http://download.msi.com/bos_exe/7885vM6.zip

This has been my first Intel build ever and after fiddling with OSX on AMD many times I figured this would be a breeze, lolnope ;). I joke, many things have been much easier with this build vs my AMD builds, but the ALC1150 on this board is kicking my butt. I have a 5.1 surround speaker setup plugged into the 3 analog outputs and nothing comes out :\

I've been trying to use the audio_CloverALC method and I've tried pure clover injection, SSDT with clover doing the rest and HDAenabler-1 with clover doing the rest. All methods net me the same results. Everything "looks" ok in IOReg, System Report and the Sound dialog in System Prefs., but I get no audio output. I've done some googleing and have found nobody else using an MSI X99 board so it looks like I may be a pioneer here. I'm primarily a Linux(Arch) user so if I can grab any info not supplied in the zip below from Linux that may be of help let me know.

I've prepared a zip file that contains the info (and more) asked for from the "Problem Reporting" guidelines in the first post, let me know if more info is needed. I've spent the last 6 hours trying to get it to work and I'll continue to "mess around" and report back if I find anything new. THANKS in advance!

MSI_X99S_MPower_ALC1150_Report.zip (21.5MB) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxEN0cnqID8Da19PS2pqOE5RdmM/view?usp=sharing

EDIT* Forgot the requested screenshot of DPCIManager and added a codec dump from linux.

EDIT Again*

For simplicity sake I tried the patch in place way, unfortunately I get the same results. These MSI boards must be a little different than the rest...

I have a "clean" copy of my EFI folder from before messing with anything audio related so I restored it, checked AddDTGP and FixHDA and injected layoutID 1 from clover configurator, restored vanilla AppleHDA.kext (it should have been vanilla already, but can't be too cautious), rebooted and then ran audio_realtekALC-100_v1.0.4c.command, it did its thing and then I rebooted again to the same results as before

MonstaPC:Documents damadone$ ./audio_realtekALC-100_v1.0.4c.command 

Agreement
The audio_realtekALC-100 script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files or the resulting patched AppleHDA.kext
for any reason without permission. The audio_realtekALC-100 script is
provided as is and without any kind of warranty.

File: File: audio_realtekALC-100.command_v1.0.4c
Verify kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag/argument
Password:
Confirm Realtek ALC1150 (y/n): y
Enable HD4600 HDMI audio (y/n): n

Download ALC1150 files ...
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 21366  100 21366    0     0  24306      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 24307

Preparing 10.10.4 ALC1150 AppleHDA.kext_v272.18.1
Patch binaries ...
10.10.4 codec patch
Install files ...
Fix permissions ...
Kernel cache...
rebuilding //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext

Install finished, restart required.
To save a Copy to this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
MonstaPC:Documents damadone$ 

post-1108449-0-04629400-1436830968_thumb.png

codec_dump.txt

been around the block trying to get ALC1150 audio working

Ran realtekALC and then ran cloverALC.  The second method disables the first method and the first method disables the second method. One method start to finish.

Install native AppleHDA.kext.  Remove any config.plist/DSDT/Fixes. Download and run the latest script, cloverALC-110.  Reply with new IOReg and config.plist.