Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

Toleda,

I'm feeling lost, and a little stupid.  The guide looks great, but I was mixing sets of instructions looking for a quick fix for a new install of Yosemite. I still have a grayed out sound icon and no audio.

The system is similar to https://girlintroverted.wordpress.com/hackintosh/ and I was using the instructions there blended with yours here on insanely mac (page 1 of thread)

System overview:

OS X 10.10.1, ASUS Maximus Impact IV, BIOS 1505, i5-4670k, GTX 760 w/ apple drivers

Looking for guidance - thanks!

~akebono

RealtekALC1150 debug.zip

Toleda,

I'm feeling lost, and a little stupid.  The guide looks great, but I was mixing sets of instructions looking for a quick fix for a new install of Yosemite. I still have a grayed out sound icon and no audio.

The system is similar to https://girlintroverted.wordpress.com/hackintosh/ and I was using the instructions there blended with yours here on insanely mac (page 1 of thread)

System overview:

OS X 10.10.1, ASUS Maximus Impact IV, BIOS 1505, i5-4670k, GTX 760 w/ apple drivers

Looking for guidance - thanks!

~akebono

Try this kext. For me work rear and front panel....No kernelandkextto patch remove this for config.plist.

Ok on rear panel Green and blue does not work but orange,black and pink work. On front panel green and pink work.

Agree rear green is not working, may be an EAPD problme, try Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Mulit Output Aggregate device is not a valid audio test.

Rear Blue is Input/Line In.  Move the mic from Rear/Pink to Rear/Blue and test again.

have a grayed out sound icon and no audio.

Remove config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/10.9/AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150 (the patch with InfoPlistPatch/YES is damaged)

AppleHDA.kext version (265.88) is not correct for 10.10.1, native?

The zml files were not installed by  cloverALC, what tool did you use?

Remove config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/10.9/AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150 (the patch with InfoPlistPatch/YES is damaged)

AppleHDA.kext version (265.88) is not correct for 10.10.1, native?

The zml files were not installed by  cloverALC, what tool did you use?

Removed the offending dict

Replaced AppleHDA with one from another Yosemite install.

The only zml install used audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.3.command (I'm not experienced enough to try anything else!)

another ioreg is attached

Thanks!

~akebono

Koi 2015jan05 23.ioreg.zip

Agree rear green is not working, may be an EAPD problme, try Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Mulit Output Aggregate device is not a valid audio test.

Rear Blue is Input/Line In.  Move the mic from Rear/Pink to Rear/Blue and test again.

@toleda now work everything for me and I use Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander.

Now work and work after sleep mode. I use three command shell audio_ALCInjection-master, audio_RealtekALC-master and audio_CloverALC-master.

I attach me AppleHDA in previous post.This is my config.plist

My 892/Z97N and 892/P8H67-I wake with audio every time.  Other H97N owners have reported wake with audio working on Yosemite.

It is not all 892 or all H97Ns. In your case, it seems it is both of your systems.  Try Codec-Commander, Post #333, Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

Hi toleda! I solved the problem with the mute upon awakening.

I changed in SMBios MacPro on iMac14.2 and sound work good.

I ask you to add this method in https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALC_guides/blob/master/No%20Audio%20After%20Sleep:Wake%20-%20Realtek%20ALC%20AppleHDA%20%5BFixes%5D.pdf

I use three command shell audio_ALCInjection-master, audio_RealtekALC-master and audio_CloverALC-master.

Not wise, use one script. See Post #1 for the differences.

I thought you might ask

AppleHDA.kext is not from 10.10.1.  

AppleHDA.kext is not from 10.10.1.  

I grabbed the AppleHDA from the install media, removed all references in the config.plist to AppleHDA that didn't have anything to do with HDMI.  Removed kexts in EFI/Clover for audio.  re-ran the command script.

Console log shows

1/7/15 11:38:24.000 AM kernel[0]: Notice - new kext com.apple.driver.RealtekALC, v1.0 matches prelinked kext but can't determine if executables are the same (no UUIDs).

RealtekALC1150 debug 2.zip

3. cloverALC/Clover patched

Automatically detects codec and installs all audio files and patches for ALC onboard audio. Audio persists after most Software Updates.  Install once and done.

Credit: abxite

I downloaded the latest audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.4.command and I found two bugs.  Not sure if this is the right place to report this.

1. Line 806:  extra 'a' after ;; causing syntax error

2. The case statement in line 905 doesn't handle the valid codec 885 and 269 so the script exits prematurely for them.

One question: Since layout1.zml.lib and Platforms.zml.lib are added to AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E for my 885, how can audio persists after most OS X update (with a new AppleHDA.ext) as stated above?  Even though they are zml's, wouldn't the whole kext overwritten and these zml files lost?

Edit: Found from other thread: files with name changed survived.  I thought the whole kext got replaced. We shall see.  :)

Great Work!

Hi,I have problem with my audio.My Codec is realtek alc269.I'm using the method by Pike .But when i boot the OS with cable in headphones jack my sound is low,but the volume is at 100%.When i unplug the jack and i plug it in the audio becomes more louder.
Any suggestions?

toleda, there is something you should mention in your first post. Repairing the kext permissions before rebuilding the kext cache becomes a must in Yosemite. If there is even one file with wrong permissions inside the kext (the zml.zlib files in the current case), the whole kext won't be included in the cache, no matter if the kext-dev-mode flag has been specified or not.

• Like 2

1. Line 806:  extra 'a' after ;; causing syntax error

2. The case statement in line 905 doesn't handle the valid codec 885 and 269 so the script exits prematurely for them.

Edit: Found from other thread: files with name changed survived.  I thought the whole kext got replaced. We shall see.  :)

Thanks, fixed, repo updated

Software update and Combo Update add new files and replace changed files; no files are removed or replaced if missing.  To restore the native AppleHDA.kext without the installer, 3 AppleHDA.kexts must be extracted from the installer and merged.  The installer does remove an existing kext.

Repairing the kext permissions before rebuilding the kext cache becomes a must in Yosemite. If there is even one file with wrong permissions inside the kext (the zml.zlib files in the current case), the whole kext won't be included in the cache,

Thanks for the suggestion.  Currently,

Each zml file is installed with sudo install -m 644 -o root -g wheel...  Credit: bcc9

AppleHDA.kext permissions, sudo chown -R root:wheel ,,,

Extensions Directory, sudo touch ...

Yosemite kernel cach, sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Specifically, what is missing?

My Codec is realtek alc269.I'm using the method by Pike .

my sound is low,but the volume is at 100%.When i unplug the jack and i plug it in the audio becomes more louder.

Pike's script does not support 269.  That aside, the issue is likely EAPD, see Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Thanks for the suggestion.  Currently,

Each zml file is installed with sudo install -m 644 -o root -g wheel...  Credit: bcc9

AppleHDA.kext permissions, sudo chown -R root:wheel ,,,

Extensions Directory, sudo touch ...

Yosemite kernel cach, sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Specifically, what is missing?

The install command usually sets the correct permissions. The rest looks fine too. I think nothing else is missing.

My audio icon went gray and is not detecting, but when i re-run the newest script i get the follwing error

File: audio_cloverALC-100.command_v1.0.4a

Verify EFI partition mounted, Finder/Devices/EFI

Password:

EFI partition is mounted

Confirm Realtek ALC898 (y/n): y

Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): y

Use Audio ID: 1 (y/n): y

Download ALC898 files ...

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current

Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

100 24769  100 24769    0     0   148k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  149k

/Users/admin/Downloads/audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.4.command: line 965: syntax error: unexpected end of file

logout

[Process completed]

1. Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H, Intel i4770k, Gigabyte 780

2. Clover (v3113)

Hello!

Everything working fine, except microphone. 
Microphone has lot of noises and echo. Voice is not clear.

I checked a microphone at another computer — working fine!

Someone, help please!!

OS X 10.10.1 (14B25)

Motherboard Gigabyte X79-UD5

Installed with clover. 

I used audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.4.command

IOreg, config.plist and dsdt in attachment.

nova_mac.zip

What audio port are you using?  Have you tried Windows/Linux on the same hardware?

I tried a front port and back port - still the same. 

Yes, I checked this microphone at Windows. But with another hardware. With this hardware i didn’t checked this microphone, because i haven’t windows ( only mac os