Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

Hi guys.  Hoping to get some help with my sound when using cloverALC.

Using Clover EFI and cloverALC, sound works.  AppleHDA is patched during boot, but I can only get sound on 2 of the 6 ports on the back of my Gigabyte GA-7ZZX-UD5H. 

Only the black and orange ports give any audio, both of which come from 'Line Out' options from the sound output preferences.  While 'Internal Speakers' is listed, it doesn't do anything. 

I have tried using Audio inject ID 1 and 3, both resulting in the same black and orange port output only.   I only realised today that the green port is actually an amplified port, and having just bought myself some good quality headphones, it would be nice to be able to use the amplified green port.  

I am using a patched DSDT - not edited by myself.  I got a clean DSDT by booting with no DSDT fixes, then used pjalms UD5H patches in MacIASL. 

I have attached a couple of screenshots; maybe they'll offer some clues to someone.

TIA.

post-526553-0-13147900-1418356915_thumb.png

post-526553-0-12675600-1418356918_thumb.png

post-526553-0-20368000-1418356919_thumb.png

I can only get sound on 2 of the 6 ports on the back of my Gigabyte GA-7ZZX-UD5H. 

Rev. 1.0 motherboard?  

If yes, hardware problem; green and gray port amplifiers are not working.  Only workaround is orange or black ports.

Rev. 1.0 motherboard?  

If yes, hardware problem; green and gray port amplifiers are not working.  Only workaround is orange or black ports.

Yes Rev 1.0.  So there is definitely no work around for this? Like 100% no chance of green port every working?

Will have to get an external sound card if theres no chance. 

Many Thanks.

No special HDMI audio layouts for 887 or any other codec.  Native AppleHDA.kext supports HDMI audio.  The 887 pathmap and pinconfigs are specific to OS X onboard 887 audio.

Thanks for further explanation i've misunderstood it. 

One more question about alc887 on ga-z77-ds3h and s/pdif out. Here on my mobo spdif is on 17-16 pathmap. however if i will try to change 30-6 to 17-6 and of course change pinconfig for 17 and 30 nodes i get no sound in kexts from 10.9/10.10 do you know anything about it? i tried different pinconfings - no success same result - sound dies completely.

I have this problem with the audio. I always left patched with both ML and M for AppleHDA (ALC892) with perfect results.

On Yosemite I used the Pacht of Toleda (version Yosemite) and the audio works perfectly until I send the pc stopped, in fact on awakening, even if all the audio is detected normally, the PC does not come out no sound. Can you help me?

I have this problem with the audio. I always left patched with both ML and M for AppleHDA (ALC892) with perfect results.
On Yosemite I used the Pacht of Toleda (version Yosemite) and the audio works perfectly until I send the pc stopped, in fact on awakening, even if all the audio is detected normally, the PC does not come out no sound. Can you help me?

if you're using clover bootloader you can also try ResetHDA key.

So there is definitely no work around for this?

The work around involves a soldering iron and new resistors.  Without the circuit fix, no green port sound is possible in OS X or Linux.

One more question about alc887 on ga-z77-ds3h and s/pdif out.

See Procedure 7. Substitute SPDIF-2 Wire OutputRealtek_ALC_AppleHDA_Customization.pdf.zip

Hello,

I'm having an issue where the ALC888 device is found but there is no sound. However, before the login screen, there is a pop in the speakers (happens consistently after every boot). When I plug headphones into the frontpanel, the "sound" prefpane reflects the correct changes but still no sound. Both the speakers and the headphones make popping sounds while itunes is playing.

1. Description of audio problem
    1. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics: 10.10.1/Supermicro x8dah/newest/Xeon e5520/Nvidia GTX660 with onboard graphics disabled. DCPIManager shows Codec Name:ALC888S-VD, Codec ID:0x10EC0888, Revision 0x0202
    2. Procedure/Guide Used: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC.
    3. Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (no ioreg.txt): Attached. Shows correct layout-id. Change .txt to .ioreg (since this forum doesn't let me upload .ioreg)
    4. Copy Of Console/All Messages  (last boot)/File/Save a Copy As..: Attached "All Messages.log.txt"

5. Installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext or AppleHDA8Series AppleHDAxxx kext: Yosemite default untouched
    6. Terminal/Shell/Export Test As. . .  (if script used)
      ➜  ~  ./audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.3.command ; exit;

Agreement
      The audio_cloverALC-100 script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
      the patch, any or all of the files or the resulting patched AppleHDA.kext
      for any reason without permission. The audio_cloverALC-100 script is
      provided as is and without any kind of warranty.

File: audio_cloverALC-100.command_v1.0.3
      Verify EFI partition mounted, Finder/Devices/EFI
      Password:
      Confirm Realtek ALC888 (y/n): y
      ALC888 Current_v..0302 (y/n): y
      Clover Audio ID Injection (y/n): y
      Use Audio ID: 1 (y/n): y

Download ALC888 files ...
        % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                       Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
      100 24441  100 24441    0     0  76549      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 76858
      Edit config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1
      Edit config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts/YES
      Edit config.plist/Boot/Arguments/kext-dev-mode=1
      Download kext patches
      100  1335  100  1335    0     0   5310      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  5318
      Install /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/realtekALC.kext
      Download config kext and install ...
      100  3451  100  3451    0     0  13104      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 13071
      Install System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/ALC888 zml files
      Fix permissions ...
      Kernel cache...
      rebuilding //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache
      kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/VerticalMouseDriver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext LPCSensors.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GPUSensors.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CPUSensors.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPISensors.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext

Install finished, restart required.
      To save a Copy to this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

[Process completed]

7. Chameleon: N/A
    8. Clover
      1. EFI/Clover/config.plist: attached
      2. EFI/Clover/misc/debug.log (Set config.plist/Boot/Debug/YES)
      3. EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml (if installed) 
      4. EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/ssdt.aml (if installed)

All Messages.log.txt

ioreg.txt

config.plist.txt

The version answer is "n" for the installed codec (..0202).  Fix; run the script again.

Actually, that's what I tried first. Same issues (with same popping patterns), though I'll try it again to get additional info. Thanks!

I've attached a screenshot of the loaded extension. It says " kext signature validation error code" even though I haven't touched it (and I rebuilt it from the usb installer just to make sure).

Additional Info:

➜  ~  /Users/aaron/Documents/hackintosh/audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.3.command ; exit;

Agreement

Password:
ALC888 Current_v..0302 (y/n): n

100 23970  100 23970    0     0  72529      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 72416
Download kext patches
100  1335  100  1335    0     0   5299      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  5318
100  3451  100  3451    0     0  13056      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 13071
Fix permissions ...
Kernel cache...
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/VerticalMouseDriver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext LPCSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPISensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext

[Process completed]

ioreg.txt

All Messages.log.txt

post-129046-0-08992200-1418544374_thumb.png

Hi toleda,

Hey!! I have sound. Unlike hollywood superhero, You're a real live superhero (Toleda the cyber superhero). 

Do you know why the sound is breaking up?

Thank you very  much

Hi toleda,

I replaced the SSDT I got from you with one enhanced for my processor. I lost all sound afterward, I tried to copy and paste HDEF line from your SSDT to mine but ran into compilation error i couldn't overcome. Is there another way around the SSDT to get the sound working.

Please find the attached zip file of the two SSDT.

I appreciate all your help

Thanks

Archive.zip

Firstly, hats off to you guys for helping everyone out! If I had hair i'd be tearing it out at this stage; a similar problem to the others only slightly different which is why I am accepting defeat and turning to the pros... I've tried Chameleon and Clover and installed like 50 times but I'm now at the stage where the Uni/Multib approach using Chameleon gets me audio straight from the download but when I reboot for the first time afterwards it drops and the codec IDs disappear from the DCPI manager. I have no idea what the problem is and I been working at this for more than a week now searching through the boards for a solution.

Any help you could give would be appreciated.

I have a i3 on a GA-H81M-H motherboard (ALC887) and I have attached the files before and after I reboot; anything more needed let me know.

And thanks again

file:///Users/ds/Desktop/Audio%20Problem.zip (Why did this not attach?) 

It says " kext signature validation error code" even though I haven't touched it 

Normal; 887 onboard audio breaks signing, kext-dev-mode=1 allows the kext to load.

Attachments are not helpful.  See Post #1, Problem Reporting, attach all requested files.

Yes i know you've made instructions

Not clear and no attachments. See Post #1, Problem Reporting, attach all requested files.

I replaced the SSDT I got from you with one enhanced for my processor. I lost all sound afterward,

Rename the PM ssdt to SSDT.aml.  Leave the HDEF ssdt as SSDT-1.aml

when I reboot for the first time afterwards it drops and the codec IDs disappear from the DCPI manager.

The codec is disabled on restart.  More information required. See Post #1, Problem Reporting, attach all requested files.

Continued:

I'm having an issue where the ALC888 device is found but there is no sound. However, before the login screen, there is a pop in the speakers (happens consistently after every boot). When I plug headphones into the frontpanel, the "sound" prefpane reflects the correct changes but still no sound. Both the speakers and the headphones make popping sounds while itunes is playing.

1. Description of audio problem
    1. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics: 10.10.1/Supermicro x8dah/newest/Xeon e5520/Nvidia GTX660 with onboard graphics disabled. DCPIManager shows Codec Name:ALC888S-VD, Codec ID:0x10EC0888, Revision 0x0202
    2. Procedure/Guide Used: https://github.com/t...audio_CloverALC.
    3. Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (no ioreg.txt): Attached
    4. Copy Of Console/All Messages  (last boot)/File/Save a Copy As..: Attached

5. Installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext or AppleHDA8Series AppleHDAxxx kext: Yosemite default untouched
    6. Terminal/Shell/Export Test As. . .  (if script used) ~ ./audio_cloverALC-100_v1.0.3.command ; exit;

Agreement

Password:
      ALC888 Current_v..0302 (y/n): n

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
      Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
      100 24441 100 24441 0 0 76549 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 76858
      Download kext patches
      100 1335 100 1335 0 0 5310 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 5318
      100 3451 100 3451 0 0 13104 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 13071
      Fix permissions ...
      Kernel cache...

[Process completed]
    7. Chameleon: N/A
    8. Clover
      1. EFI/Clover/config.plist: attached
      2. EFI/Clover/misc/debug.log (Set config.plist/Boot/Debug/YES) attached
      3. EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml (if installed) N/A
      4. EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/ssdt.aml (if installed) N/A

no_audio.zip

so all credit to toleda and friends... finally got audio on this mb to work, 

* Yosemite 10.10.1

* g14m-es2l ver 1.0 with the F9 bios.

* chameleon boot loader : Chameleon 2.3svn (svn-r2510)

(chameleon seems to work to better on this non oaf mb than clover)

1) First the DSDT, use this to set the audio layout_id

- Extracted the original using maciasl

- Patched using the patch pack for this mb from

http://olarila.com/forum/packs.php

(had to hand fix a couple of compile errors)

- Patched the layout_id to 0x02 :

"layout-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

(attached below)

2) Chameleon config

Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
- Remove any HDAEnabler AND HDEFLayoutID
- Set the boot {censored}, "PCIRootUID=1" and remove "npci=..."

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>IGPEnabler</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=1 -v</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>no</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>2</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

And delete the HDAenabler.dylib  from /Extra/modules is empty. 

Important to reboot before the next step.

3) Run the AppleHDA patcher script

(you can find it here) https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC

audio_realtekALC-90_v2.0.4.command

… 

Confirm Realtek ALC887 (y/n): y

887 Legacy/v100202  (y/n)?: n

Enable HD4600 HDMI audio (y/n)?: n

Even though this mb has an ALC 888b - these setting worked (please correct if you think other settings would be better)

So many thanks.
Cheers
A

Continued:

888 audio is configured properly.  No sound is often a setup problem.

What speakers are plugged into what motherboard audio port?

What audio device is selected in System Preferences/Sound/Output?

What does Audio MIDI Setup show for the selected audio device?

What audio source is playing on what player?

Attach new IOReg and screenshot of setting above.

888 audio is configured properly.  No sound is often a setup problem.

What speakers are plugged into what motherboard audio port?

What audio device is selected in System Preferences/Sound/Output?

What does Audio MIDI Setup show for the selected audio device?

What audio source is playing on what player?

Attach new IOReg and screenshot of setting above.

These speakers (http://alesis.com/m1active520) are connected to the green port on the motherboard. I've tested sound with the Ubuntu livecd, so the connection ~seems~ to be correct.

I've attached a screenshot of SysPrefs, MIDI, and IOReg. Also attached ioreg.

I've been testing with iTunes, but I've also had youtube playing in chrome as well.

By the way, I just wanted to say thank you so much for helping out! I know how tough it can be to help others over the internet regarding computer problems, even more so when it's a complete stranger.

post-129046-0-59280700-1418705928_thumb.png

ioreg.ioreg.zip

post-129046-0-19808100-1418706762_thumb.png

Firstly, hats off to you guys for helping everyone out! If I had hair i'd be tearing it out at this stage; a similar problem to the others only slightly different which is why I am accepting defeat and turning to the pros... I've tried Chameleon and Clover and installed like 50 times but I'm now at the stage where the Uni/Multib approach using Chameleon gets me audio straight from the download but when I reboot for the first time afterwards it drops and the codec IDs disappear from the DCPI manager. I have no idea what the problem is and I been working at this for more than a week now searching through the boards for a solution.

Any help you could give would be appreciated.

I have a i3 on a GA-H81M-H motherboard (ALC887) and I have attached the files before and after I reboot; anything more needed let me know.

And thanks again

file:///Users/ds/Desktop/Audio%20Problem.zip (Why did this not attach?) 

Thanks for the quick reply. The AppleHDA loading does seem to be the problem. Upon the install for the first time it doesn't load and then when i install the Realtec patch with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] it loads then drops again after reboot. Not having it loaded upon install means i can run the audio_realtekALC-100 command file.

1. Running on a GA-H81M-H with a Core i3-4330 / legacy BIOS but have tried UEFI on a separate occasion and it has Intel HD4600 graphics

2. standard Uni-b & Multi-b set-up selecting ALC887/888b Current and Audio ID:1 gives audio but drops after restart.

3. Attached after install (when I have sound) and after reboot (when I don't)

4. Attached Pre and Post reboot

5. Attached standard and modified

6. n/a (no AppleHDA loaded after first install)

7. Boot.pst and DCPI (pre and post reboot) attached

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8f9vljkfc9o85i/Audio%20Problem2.zip?dl=0

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks again

I've attached a screenshot of SysPrefs, MIDI, and IOReg. Also attached ioreg.

I've been testing with iTunes, but I've also had youtube playing in chrome as well.

The IOReg shows Internal Speakers selected, however, the audio device shows no active users and no iTunes. Verify iTunes is set to Computer.  Reply with new IOReg with iTunes playing.

Any help will be appreciated.

Edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist/HDAEnabler/No to Yes

No disables audio.

The IOReg shows Internal Speakers selected, however, the audio device shows no active users and no iTunes. Verify iTunes is set to Computer.  Reply with new IOReg with iTunes playing.

Ah yes, I pressed "play" in iTunes after opening IORegExplorer. I've attached a new ioreg with iTunes playing. Where can I see active users and itunes for the audio device? (I see a IOUserClientCreator | String | pid1607, iTunes now, is that where I should be looking?)

How do I verify iTunes is set to Computer? I don't have the menu next to the itunes volume slider.

ioreg.ioreg 2.zip

Where can I see active users and itunes for the audio device?

How do I verify iTunes is set to Computer? I don't have the menu next to the itunes volume slider.

iTunes shows, IOReg/.../HDEF/.../AppleHDAEngineOutput@1B,0,1,2/IOAudioEngineNumActiveUsers is not showing.

If you don't have WiFI, you won't have the iTunes menu.