Intel HD 4600 QE/CI Yosemite

wusa

482 posts in this topic

Have anyone tried Intel HD 4600 Mobile on DP5 ?

I tried DP5 on my optimus configuration (Mobile HD4600 + 780m GTX) and still same problem, plus this time i have graphic artefacts.  The Dev ID (0416) are no more listed in the Azul and 5000 kexts.  Adding them doesn't make any difference.

I tried DP5 on my optimus configuration (Mobile HD4600 + 780m GTX) and still same problem, plus this time i have graphic artefacts.  The Dev ID (0416) are no more listed in the Azul and 5000 kexts.  Adding them doesn't make any difference.

In my opinion, I think we can patch the Framebuffer for fully Intel HD 4600 Mobile QE/CI, maybe we can based on the 10.9.x AppleIntelHDGraphics5000 and AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.

Hello. In DP4 and DP5 if booted without a monitor, and then connect the monitor, there is no panic and HD4600 fully  supported  and running attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-08-05 at 9.33.09 PM.png  . Ioreg attached. (Sorry, I use a translator). 

Yes, I sort of found that myself with my set up (where  - on all DPs except DP2 -  it was needed to set hdmi as primary to boot from DP and vice versa) and I could then, once booted, plug in the second connection. However, on my rig (Haswell NUC) it was then only stable on the extra connection for a short period before it would panic and reboot…..

Ok, I also tried to boot (DP4 and DP5) with no monitor connected and here are my findings:

After boot process is done I plugged in my DVI monitor and although it didn't reboot the screen was still very distorted. I couldn't see anything except my mouse moving.

Then I unplugged the DVI monitor and plugged in a monitor on the HDMI port and there it was, fully working picture.

If I swapped it back to DVI port and then it was distorted again.

So I tried another time to reboot with only HDMI monitor connected but unfortunately, as expected, reboot as soon the picture comes in.

Recap, it only works when you boot without ANY monitor connected and plug in a HDMI monitor when booting is ready.

With DP2 it is working on DVI and HDMI.

• Like 1

Thanks to BITRIP for a possible work around. 

Have been struggling with the same reboot before login screen on Yosemite, public Beta. For me the DP2, AppleIntelFramebufferAzul solution did not work as well. my model is a Gigabyte BRIX 4770R model with an integrated graphics INTEL HD Graphics 5200. Using the following on config.plist on CLOVER

1. key>ig-platform-id</key> <string>0D220003</string> 

2. in Graphics, <key>Intel</key> <true/>

Again reboots when i have the mini displayport plugged in. What works for me is when i get to the clover screen, get my yosemite to boot from the volume, plug out the displayport wait patiently for a minute or so thru the boot process and then plug the display port back in. I get full QE/CI and a resolution of 2560*1440 resolution. 

Have been battling with this for about 3 weeks now. not the most elegant solution but atleast works now. 

post-531876-0-01790400-1407503018_thumb.png

Hi,

i was able to get my integrated Intel HD4600 on Yosemite DP5 using the kext's from DP2 (+Inject Nvidia set to true in clover, without inject UDID or a fake ID).

however, whenever my screen goes to sleep, upon wakeup the graphics are out of focus, i have to either turn off-on the monitor, search for source, play around a bit and it all goes back to normal (don't need to reboot).

anyone else facing these issues?

Thanks,

Asher

Hi,

i was able to get my integrated Intel HD4600 on Yosemite DP5 using the kext's from DP2 (+Inject Nvidia set to true in clover, without inject UDID or a fake ID).

however, whenever my screen goes to sleep, upon wakeup the graphics are out of focus, i have to either turn off-on the monitor, search for source, play around a bit and it all goes back to normal (don't need to reboot).

anyone else facing these issues?

Thanks,

Asher

Hmm..Actually no. With the DP2 all seems fine here. Also after sleep.

Did you try if you have other results when using other port ? (dvi/hdmi/dp)

BiTRiP

Hmm..Actually no. With the DP2 all seems fine here. Also after sleep.

Did you try if you have other results when using other port ? (dvi/hdmi/dp)

BiTRiP

i only have DVI.

thinking now maybe i didn't take the correct kexts from DP2? I took:

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

and 

AppleIntelHD*.kext

is that correct? also, should i add anything to the clover boot besides inject intel?

Thanks

i only have DVI.

thinking now maybe i didn't take the correct kexts from DP2? I took:

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

and 

AppleIntelHD*.kext

is that correct? also, should i add anything to the clover boot besides inject intel?

Thanks

You only have to replace the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext. Not needed to replace other kexts.

Yes, you only have to inject Intel in clover. Some do inject platform though but I think it's not needed since Clover auto detects it.

BiTRiP

Here are some lines that I use, as a workaround in RevoBoot, to stop the reboot/framebuffer crash:

#define DSPACNTR 0x70180
#define PIPE_DDI_FUNC_CTL_A 0x60400
#define PIPEACONF 0x70008
#define HTOTAL_A 0x60000
#define HBLANK_A 0x60004
#define HSYNC_A 0x60008
#define VTOTAL_A 0x6000c
#define VBLANK_A 0x60010
#define VSYNC_A 0x60014
#define PIPEASRC 0x6001c

#define mmio_write(Address, Value) *((volatile UInt32 *)(Address)) = (Value)

outl(0xcf8, 0x80001000);
uint32_t value = inl(0xcfc);

if ((value & 0x0000ffff) == 0x8086)
{
outl(0xcf8, 0x80001010);
uint64_t mmio = inl(0xcfc);

mmio_write32(mmio + PIPE_DDI_FUNC_CTL_A, 0x30000);
mmio_write32(mmio + PIPEACONF, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + HTOTAL_A, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + HBLANK_A, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + HSYNC_A, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + VTOTAL_A, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + VBLANK_A, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + VSYNC_A, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + VSYNCSHIFT_A, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + PIPEASRC, 0);
}

Not pretty, and it won't show anything until IOGraphicsFamily.kext kicks in, but at least I can boot without the VGA cable plugged in or having to unplug any cables.

• Like 1

Here are some lines that I use, as a workaround in RevoBoot, to stop the reboot/framebuffer crash:

#define DSPACNTR 0x70180
#define PIPE_DDI_FUNC_CTL_A 0x60400
#define PIPEACONF 0x70008
#define HTOTAL_A 0x60000
#define HBLANK_A 0x60004
#define HSYNC_A 0x60008
#define VTOTAL_A 0x6000c
#define VBLANK_A 0x60010
#define VSYNC_A 0x60014
#define PIPEASRC 0x6001c

#define mmio_write(Address, Value) *((volatile UInt32 *)(Address)) = (Value)

outl(0xcf8, 0x80001000);
uint32_t value = inl(0xcfc);

if ((value & 0x0000ffff) == 0x8086)
{
outl(0xcf8, 0x80001010);
uint64_t mmio = inl(0xcfc);

mmio_write32(mmio + PIPE_DDI_FUNC_CTL_A, 0x30000);
mmio_write32(mmio + PIPEACONF, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + HTOTAL_A, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + HBLANK_A, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + HSYNC_A, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + VTOTAL_A, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + VBLANK_A, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + VSYNC_A, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + VSYNCSHIFT_A, 0);
mmio_write32(mmio + PIPEASRC, 0);
}

Not pretty, and it won't show anything until IOGraphicsFamily.kext kicks in, but at least I can boot without the VGA cable plugged in or having to unplug any cables.

Thanks Pike, I have referenced your post in the Clover general discussion thread to ask if the developers can implement a similar Clover patch to test.

Im able to use YOsemite Beta public, installed using MacPwn.

ive have to do many tweaks to get sound working, but graphics is now 60%. 

resolution is 1080p (QE) working, but CI is not working .

my Board Z87M-D3H  with CPU Core i3 4340 (HMDI output)

i tested various bootflags for clover and chamaleon and same result , not CI..

i can play videos with vlc player and opening safari get lag graphic screen.

I have added a new feature to AppleIntelCPUPowermanagementInfo.kext– soon to be renamed to: AppleIntelInfo.kext – and it is called: "Intel Register Dumper for OS X" and this kext enables you to dump the Intel registers from OS X, basically lifting the Linux requirement.

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/08/18/appleintelinfo-kext/

• Like 1