Intel HD 4600 QE/CI Yosemite

wusa

482 posts in this topic

For little artifacts you may try to change the display color profile, it did the trick for me!

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't help.

Same for me. Interestingly, after updating Yosemite from DP1 to DP2 ages ago, it refused to boot from Internal GFX, so I've been using an old GeForce card for months. However, despite many attempts, turning off Inject Intel was the first step in getting it to work without crashing at boot, and now with these settings and it turned back on, it's back to pre-DP2 performance... very odd :P

However, the menu issue disappears running apps in full screen mode. I have a feeling the text is actually trying to be transparent, but in full screen mode it goes back to normal white text. Must be a dev bug, should be fixed soon by Apple.

The only other issue is weird flicker with the Apple logo between full loaded booting progress bar and login screen, and 3 odd specks near the restart button at login, that look like artifacts. All other performance is good, screensaver, iTunes visualiser, animations, but they can get a bit 'sticky' from time to time. Oh well ;)

Oh, and one last thing. Time Machine menu icon is grey in dark mode when using Intel GFX. For some reason the white icon only shows on dedicated cards?? Very odd :D

Yes, it's some kind of translucent text on the menu bar causing problems.  I also have some graphic corruption on the Dropbox drop down.   It might be related to color depth and EDID.   I don't have my EDID injected, but will look into it.

Yes, it's some kind of translucent text on the menu bar causing problems.  I also have some graphic corruption on the Dropbox drop down.   It might be related to color depth and EDID.   I don't have my EDID injected, but will look into it.

It's not restricted to Yosemite. I get the same problems on Mavericks 10.9.4 on my notebook (specs in sig). I've got a mobile HD4600, 0x04168086. Sometimes I get this screen after startup and I need to sleep my notebook to get rid of it: post-931921-0-47479900-1410465765_thumb.jpg

And if I only get a 'specked' menu bar as you put it, I log off and log back in, and all the artifacts clear up. You might want to try that on yours as well. 

Same for me. Interestingly, after updating Yosemite from DP1 to DP2 ages ago, it refused to boot from Internal GFX, so I've been using an old GeForce card for months. However, despite many attempts, turning off Inject Intel was the first step in getting it to work without crashing at boot, and now with these settings and it turned back on, it's back to pre-DP2 performance... very odd :P

However, the menu issue disappears running apps in full screen mode. I have a feeling the text is actually trying to be transparent, but in full screen mode it goes back to normal white text. Must be a dev bug, should be fixed soon by Apple.

The only other issue is weird flicker with the Apple logo between full loaded booting progress bar and login screen, and 3 odd specks near the restart button at login, that look like artifacts. All other performance is good, screensaver, iTunes visualiser, animations, but they can get a bit 'sticky' from time to time. Oh well ;)

Oh, and one last thing. Time Machine menu icon is grey in dark mode when using Intel GFX. For some reason the white icon only shows on dedicated cards?? Very odd :D

It's not restricted to Yosemite. I get the same problems on Mavericks 10.9.4 on my notebook (specs in sig). I've got a mobile HD4600, 0x04168086. Sometimes I get this screen after startup and I need to sleep my notebook to get rid of it: attachicon.gifIMAG0533.jpg

And if I only get a 'specked' menu bar as you put it, I log off and log back in, and all the artifacts clear up. You might want to try that on yours as well.

I may have something to help you guys out with your graphical issues...

It's only a temporary fix that i've been using but considering it has served me well since 10.9.4 (which is when I noticed it as a serious annoyance), I figured it couldn't hurt to push it to you guys to experiment with. I originally posted this on my support thread for my ENVY located here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290687-wip-hp-envy-17t-j000-quad-haswell-10851091010/?p=1933472 under the name 10.9.3/10.9.4 Graphical Artifacts Fix (which I now need to update *facepalm*).

Please note that while reverting to using Azul from 10.9.2 should do the same thing if you are more comfortable downgrading kexts, I haven't actually tested this using that method. I also haven't tested it using multiple displays or HDMI displays so those might cause issues. UPDATE: Tested HDMI and connection causes an instant KP via IOGraphics.This patch also contains an HDMI audio FB fix for my machine (also semi-documented on my thread) which might cause issues on different setups. UPDATE: The HDMI audio patch doesn't seem to affect the main display so for now, I see no reason to remove it. Here is my Clover patch, adjust as needed for your setup:

<key>Comment</key>
<string>[10.9.4/10.10.DP7] Intel HD 4600 HDMI Audio FB Revert Patch 10.9.4/10.10.DP7 -> 10.9.2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAYAAAAABg2QoAANkKAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAACAACAAAAMAAAAAEFCQAABAAAhwAAAAIE
CQAABAAAhwAAAP8AAAABAAAAQAAAAA8AAAABAQAABAAA
AAAAAAA=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAAAQAAYAAAAABA2QoAANkKAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAEAACAAAAMAAAAAEFEgAABAAAhwAAAAIE
CQAACAAAhwAAAP8AAQABAAAAQAAAAA8AAAABAQAABAAA
AAAAAAA=
</data>

The login graphic still has artifact lines across it on my machine but aside from that, this fixes all of my graphical troubles during my very limited testing.

Hope you can find it useful. ^_^

• Like 1

I got it to work, i got  now full QE/CI with my HD4600 mobile version

Mobile HD4600 (0x04168086) really working QE/CI now !

Thanks for Pikeralpha's patch for AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext.

http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/09/10/experimental-bin-patch-for-hd4600-mobile-gt2/

Are you have any camera or any issue after applying the patch?

thank you

1- change directory, type:

cd /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext/Contents/MacOS

2- inject/type 0x04168086 device id into /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext/Contents/info.plist then save it, if not saving drag info.plist into desktop edit it and then replace it.

3- NOW paste the purl patch into Terminal and hit Enter 

Exit Terminal and Fix Permissions and Rebuild cache with DPCIManager then restart  Voila! u get QE/CI  

Hope it helps

post-312148-0-62937100-1410525839_thumb.png

I may have something to help you guys out with your graphical issues...

It's only a temporary fix that i've been using but considering it has served me well since 10.9.4 (which is when I noticed it as a serious annoyance), I figured it couldn't hurt to push it to you guys to experiment with. I originally posted this on my support thread for my ENVY located here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290687-wip-hp-envy-17t-j000-quad-haswell-10851091010/?p=1933472 under the name 10.9.3/10.9.4 Graphical Artifacts Fix (which I now need to update *facepalm*).

Please note that while reverting to using Azul from 10.9.2 should do the same thing if you are more comfortable downgrading kexts, I haven't actually tested this using that method. I also haven't tested it using multiple displays or HDMI displays so those might cause issues. This patch also contains an HDMI audio FB fix for my machine (also semi-documented on my thread) which might cause issues on different setups. Here is my Clover patch, adjust as needed for your setup:

<key>Comment</key>
<string>[10.9.4/10.10.DP7] Intel HD 4600 HDMI Audio FB Revert Patch 10.9.4/10.10.DP7 -> 10.9.2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAYAAAAABg2QoAANkKAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAACAACAAAAMAAAAAEFCQAABAAAhwAAAAIE
CQAABAAAhwAAAP8AAAABAAAAQAAAAA8AAAABAQAABAAA
AAAAAAA=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAAAQAAYAAAAABA2QoAANkKAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAEAACAAAAMAAAAAEFEgAABAAAhwAAAAIE
CQAACAAAhwAAAP8AAQABAAAAQAAAAA8AAAABAQAABAAA
AAAAAAA=
</data>

The login graphic still has artifact lines across it on my machine but aside from that, this fixes all of my graphical troubles during my very limited testing.

Hope you can find it useful. ^_^

This worked great for me.  I'm still adding 0x04168086 to Azul and HD5000 info.plists, and injecting 0a260006 with DSDT and Clover.  I added the patch to clover and cleared the IntelGFX to 0x0.   This eliminated the problem with the menu bar and other graphic artifacts.  The only remaining graphic issue is just before the login screen.

This worked great for me.  I'm still adding 0x04168086 to Azul and HD5000 info.plists, and injecting 0a260006 with DSDT and Clover.  I added the patch to clover and cleared the IntelGFX to 0x0.   This eliminated the problem with the menu bar and other graphic artifacts.  The only remaining graphic issue is just before the login screen.

I'm happy to hear that it works with your machine too. I don't know how many different configurations there are for the 0416 id so there is always a chance it won't work as well for some but for most I think it'll help out if the graphical glitches prove too annoying for them to just deal with. Again, my patch is really only a temporary fix as updates could change the Azul FB code which is what this patch is based on. It's worth mentioning that this patch relies on 0a260006 being used as the ig-platform-id as it's the section of the Azul FB being patched. It won't work otherwise.

• Like 1

I'm happy to hear that it works with your machine too. I don't know how many different configurations there are for the 0416 id so there is always a chance it won't work as well for some but for most I think it'll help out if the graphical glitches prove too annoying for them to just deal with. Again, my patch is really only a temporary fix as updates could change the Azul FB code which is what this patch is based on. It's worth mentioning that this patch relies on 0a260006 being used as the ig-platform-id as it's the section of the Azul FB being patched. It won't work otherwise.

So, i should patch Azul FB first then i replace the code in Clover as you mentioned above...is it?

i tried pikeralpha patch but i lost camera in Photo Booth, i should replace the patched 5000 Graphics with vanilla one i try your patch with clover.

Thank you gygabyte666 for your time and effort.... will post result later

I could finally get it to work on my laptop, i had to:

-Add the mobile device id in 5000 HD Graphics kext

-Apply the first patch suggested by Pike

-Add the mobile device id in the Azul kext as well (this is what i missed earlier).

-Use ig-Platform-id=0x0a260005

So full QE/CI but:

-A few glitches (stationary) at login - Not a big deal

-The mouse lags heavilly the first 20-30 seconds before it gets stable.  Exactly the same problem that i had starting from Mavericks 10.9.2 and higher.

I know that most people are sharing the glitches issue.  But is anyone experiencing the lag in the first few seconds?

I could finally get it to work on my laptop, i had to:

-Add the mobile device id in 5000 HD Graphics kext

-Apply the first patch suggested by Pike

-Add the mobile device id in the Azul kext as well (this is what i missed earlier).

-Use ig-Platform-id=0x0a260005

So full QE/CI but:

-A few glitches (stationary) at login - Not a big deal

-The mouse lags heavilly the first 20-30 seconds before it gets stable.  Exactly the same problem that i had starting from Mavericks 10.9.2 and higher.

I know that most people are sharing the glitches issue.  But is anyone experiencing the lag in the first few seconds?

Please try 0x0a260000

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300842-intel-mobile-hd4600-working-qeci-now/ post#2

So, i should patch Azul FB first then i replace the code in Clover as you mentioned above...is it?

i tried pikeralpha patch but i lost camera in Photo Booth, i should replace the patched 5000 Graphics with vanilla one i try your patch with clover.

Thank you gygabyte666 for your time and effort.... will post result later

Mostly correct yes. You should always start fresh and remake everything from untouched vanilla kexts when you experience problems. Add 0416 dev ids into Azul+5000Graphics, patch Azul and then add in my patch into Clover for testing. Rebuild caches, blah blah and reboot. Mentioned this before but there is a chance it won't work with your hardware. It has worked for everyone who has tested it thus far but there is always a chance...Good luck. ;p

thanks so much I try it right now

Can you share your ACPI (dsdt ssdt ) I would like compare with mine (and all your kext/10.10 if it works )

i copy all my kext from 10.9.4 but  it does't work AHCIPortInjector GenericUSBXHCI IOAHCIBlock storgageInjector Elan kext

Edit: it doesn't work i got 7M nvram 

I miss step what

post-415618-0-96844800-1410734214_thumb.png

post-415618-0-58974700-1410734233_thumb.png

thanks so much I try it right now

Can you share your ACPI (dsdt ssdt ) I would like compare with mine (and all your kext/10.10 if it works )

i copy all my kext from 10.9.4 but  it does't work AHCIPortInjector GenericUSBXHCI IOAHCIBlock storgageInjector Elan kext

Edit: it doesn't work i got 7M nvram 

I miss step what

I guess the reason yours not working is due to not disabling Nvidia card by DSDT.aml

Please follow mine to edit yours or try it in Clover directly.

DSDT.aml.zip

oh yeah it works when i hit 

sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x3d\x86\x80\x12\x04\x74\x10\xeb\x5d|\x3d\x86\x80\x12\x04\x74\x10\xeb\x4d|g' AppleIntelHD5000Graphics

Now i have 1G NVRAM (why 10,9,4 i got 1G5 NVRAM?). I will show photo later

@jsl

I think you are right I dont disable Nvidia GTX 870M, how can i disable Nvidia card in DSDT ? (I think we can injectEDID it works no need to use DSDT). 

can you share me your ssdt, and all your kext please. it will get full nvram and optimise graphic?

Port USB, thunderbolt, SD reader, mutigesture touchpad doesn't work on mince.

Anyone else have a missing "translucent menu bar" option in Preferences-Desktop on Beta 3? Menu itself is Translucent but an option is missing.

Apple had removed it in DPx & Public Betax !

dp8/Desktop/HD4600/Azul/0d220003 - working.

It's a pity HD4600 mobile version does not work after update to DP8 with PikerAlpha's patchs.

Previously it's working perfectly in DP7 !

Rollback to DP7's AppleIntelFBAzul & AppleIntelHD5000Graphics resume working again !

Sorry for my mistake.

After patching both AppleintelFramebufferAzul and AppleintelHD5000Graphics of DP8

it still works for Mobile HD4600 (04168086)

Edited by jsl

It's a pity HD4600 mobile version does not work after update to DP8 with PikerAlpha's patchs.

Previously it's working perfectly in DP7 !

Mine still works great on DP8. The usual dev id injection and bin-patch are still required but otherwise, everything runs like i'm still on DP7. Hell, even my artifacts patch still works just fine too. ^_^