Intel HD 4600 QE/CI Yosemite

wusa

482 posts in this topic

Another thing that ALSO works for me is taking the binary from the DP2 kext and replacing the one in the DP3 kext with it....which means the change that screwed me up is definitely somewhere in the binary of the Azul kext of DP3.

Remember though this won't solve anything for anyone who has not got stuff working in DP2.

PS Am trying to track down which change(s) in the binary made the difference.

1.) What onboard connectors do you have?

2.) What monitor connector are you using?

3.) Have you patched the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext binary?

1.) What onboard connectors do you have?

2.) What monitor connector are you using?

3.) Have you patched the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext binary?

My spec.s are Haswell NUC with the i5 4250U processor, using the 03 00 22 0D frame buffer and a MBA6,2 SMBIOS (as the processor of the Haswell NUC is the same as the MBA6,2).

All is good for me on DP2 with the frame buffer injection working 100% and no need for a patch. Though I do still in my config.plist have a patch for first DP connector to HDMI.

Actual monitor I am using for testing is Sony TV over HDMI and also over DP (with a DP to HDMI converter).

DP3 Azul kext (vanilla) however causes reboot at point where desktop is almost attained. Same DP3 kext but with the  DP2 binary substituted into it loads fine and gives QE/CI.

I noticed that  the frame buffer binaries for 03 00 22 0D are identical though between DP2 and DP3 (and in fact also with 10.9.4) so assume that for my case there are other DP3 Azul kext binary changes that for some reason screw me.

While my problem is NOT the same as is being complained of initially in this thread - as mainly they are looking for a solution to the mobile frame buffers (which might be a PCI match problem??)  - I do feel that my issue could be an extra one to contend with in DP3 for HD4600/HD5000.

For those for whom the default HD 5000 desktop frame buffer worked in DP2, but who cannot boot in DP3 rolling back to the AppleIntelAzulFramebuffer.kext from DP2 will get you working again. This did it for me and my Haswell NUC (i5 4250U).

Now I need to find out what broke graphics for me in the DP3 kext. 

So I took a look at the Framebuffer I use (03 00 22 0d) and can see no difference between the frame buffer of DP2 and DP3 and also nothing remarkable when comparing the 2 plists. For the moment then I am stuck on using the rolled back next until I can find the reason the frame buffer does not load when using the DP3 kext.

Works for me too.

GA-Z87X-UD3H i7 4770K Intel HD 4600

Guillermo

@MiniHack

Thanks for the tip mate. Up and running again. The latest version of Pacifist is able to extract the AppleIntelAzulFramebuffer.kext from the DP 2 update pkg.

I made a backup this time in case DP 4 screws things up again.

Hello,

sorry that I use this thread to ask this question.. How can you find out if you have full QE/QI in Yosemite? I want to check this on my notebook as well :)

Thank you :)

if your finder bar is transparent then it's working , play chess , play a dvd or bluray disc , but mostly is a transparent finder bar !

• Like 1

I am officially an idiot.

DP3 did not make the Azul kext unbootable for me. Instead it did what Apple did with DP1 - i.e. it changed the boot priority in some way so that in order to boot from HDMI I have to select DP in bios (and to boot from DP I have to select HDMI in bios). Stupid of me not to try that as it was me who realised this about DP1!!! I had just assumed that because Apple had corrected it in DP2 they would not go back again…...

• Like 2

I have digged through the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul with HxD and I found something:

15 framebuffers for Intel HD 4400/4600/Iris Pro 5100 and Iris Pro 5200 both mobile and desktop versions are still there.

0 = 00000604
1 = 0000060c
2 = 00001604
3 = 0000160a
4 = 0000160c
5 = 00002604
6 = 0000260a
7 = 0000260c
8 = 0000260d
9 = 02001604
10 = 0300220d
11 = 0500260a
12 = 0600260a
13 = 0700260d
14 = 0800260a
15 = 08002e0a

So, I think Apple still support the HD 4600 mobile version but it somehow got messed in the binary. Any other ideas would be welcomed.

post-788465-0-61372200-1405609709_thumb.png

I have digged through the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul with HxD and I found something:

15 framebuffers for Intel HD 4400/4600/Iris Pro 5100 and Iris Pro 5200 both mobile and desktop versions are still there.

0 = 00000604

1 = 0000060c

2 = 00001604

3 = 0000160a

4 = 0000160c

5 = 00002604

6 = 0000260a

7 = 0000260c

8 = 0000260d

9 = 02001604

10 = 0300220d

11 = 0500260a

12 = 0600260a

13 = 0700260d

14 = 0800260a

15 = 08002e0a

So, I think Apple still support the HD 4600 mobile version but it somehow got messed in the binary. Any other ideas would be welcomed.

I imagine this won't work, but have you tried a simple find/replace to insert the previously working buffer from 10.9.4 and copy it over one of the other new frame buffers……e.g. write over one of the Iris Pro frame buffers?

Of course, it will probably result in a KP but might be interesting (!).

I imagine this won't work, but have you tried a simple find/replace to insert the previously working buffer from 10.9.4 and copy it over one of the other new frame buffers……e.g. write over one of the Iris Pro frame buffers?

Of course, it will probably result in a KP but might be interesting (!).

Hmm, I have digged through the 10.9.4 AppleIntelFramebufferAzul, the 15 Framebuffers are still there, the same encoding and the same letters. For the Device ID, I have digged through the 10.9.4 and the 10.10 DP3 AppleIntelFramebufferAzul and I found that, only the device id of the Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Desktop version - the 0x04128086) and Intel HD Graphics 5000 Mobile and Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5100/5200 Mobile Version are present in there. Any other ideas would be really appreciated :D

Hmm, I have digged through the 10.9.4 AppleIntelFramebufferAzul, the 15 Framebuffers are still there, the same encoding and the same letters. For the Device ID, I have digged through the 10.9.4 and the 10.10 DP3 AppleIntelFramebufferAzul and I found that, only the device id of the Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Desktop version - the 0x04128086) and Intel HD Graphics 5000 Mobile and Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5100/5200 Mobile Version are present in there. Any other ideas would be really appreciated :D

Up to now the only working AppleIntelFramebufferAzul and AppleIntelHDGraphics5000 kext for Asus G750JZ laptop's Intel HD4600 mobile are from 10.9.1.

Even in 10.9.4 I must rollback to 10.9.1 version, otherwise QE/CI functions are lost.

Did you have the similar experience for your laptop in Mavericks ?

I have tried to copy 10.9.1 or 10.10DP3 version to 10.10DP1 in vain.

Hope someone can find the solution as soon as possible in Yosemite !

So is HD4600 integrated graphics for desktop working?

I managed to get my HD4600 detected but no QE/CI.... In System Information, it shows "Intel HD 4600" but "No kext loaded" and 7mb of ram....

Yes many people have said they were successful. I have been trying for 2 solid weeks myself without success. I have tried uefi boot with clover and with chameleon etc to no avail. I get the same message but it says 3mb of ram. I've tried injection and kext methods. everything. I have used boot flags usingIGPlaformID=0D220003 and IGPDeviceID=0412.

In terminal when I "bdmesg' I get it seeing intel HD4600 but no full acceleration, qe/ci.... I really hope I can finally get this working too! What board are you using Tanj?

Im using a GA-87N-wifi w/ a i3-4340

Yes many people have said they were successful. I have been trying for 2 solid weeks myself without success. I have tried uefi boot with clover and with chameleon etc to no avail. I get the same message but it says 3mb of ram. I've tried injection and kext methods. everything. I have used boot flags usingIGPlaformID=0D220003 and IGPDeviceID=0412.

In terminal when I "bdmesg' I get it seeing intel HD4600 but no full acceleration, qe/ci.... I really hope I can finally get this working too! What board are you using Tanj?

Im using a GA-87N-wifi w/ a i3-4340

ga-h87-d3h with i3 4340 as well.

ga-h87-d3h with i3 4340 as well.

well we have similar boards both series 8 gigabyte and they are supposed to be the ones for these hacks. I know I have seen posts where people have had the exact chip working with qe/ci. Hopefully someone here can point us in the right direction. Have you tried the clover method or just chameleon?

Same problem for me... :(

Does GraphicsEnaber and IntelAzulFB works with Clover?

I dont see why these would not work. Besides your graphics are showing up. First off you were able to take a screenshot. But i see its missing a kext. Perhaps this is the issue. have you actually installed the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.zip kext and copied it to the correct folder?

well we have similar boards both series 8 gigabyte and they are supposed to be the ones for these hacks. I know I have seen posts where people have had the exact chip working with qe/ci. Hopefully someone here can point us in the right direction. Have you tried the clover method or just chameleon?

I dont see why these would not work. Besides your graphics are showing up. First off you were able to take a screenshot. But i see its missing a kext. Perhaps this is the issue. have you actually installed the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.zip kext and copied it to the correct folder?

I thought the Appleintelframebufferazul is already suppose to be inside? Anyway just found out something... I used 04128086 as my fake id and that tried to boot up the installation already. My monitor went no signal. Then I changed from dvi to hdmi port. My monitor detects a display and qe ci is working! 1536mb ram as well. But I had to every time wait till my monitor went no signal to do that.... Zzzzz any idea how to solve it?

I thought the Appleintelframebufferazul is already suppose to be inside? Anyway just found out something... I used 04128086 as my fake id and that tried to boot up the installation already. My monitor went no signal. Then I changed from dvi to hdmi port. My monitor detects a display and qe ci is working! 1536mb ram as well. But I had to every time wait till my monitor went no signal to do that.... Zzzzz any idea how to solve it?

Did you try in bios to select as Primary Graphics your DVI and as secondary your HDMI and ONLY then connecting your HDMI display??

In DP1 and DP3 this is what I have to do for successful boot with QE/CI with my HD 5000. For me,  if I want to use HDMI then I select DisplayPort as primary, but if I want to use DisplayPort then I have to select HDMI as primary...

• Like 1

Did you try in bios to select as Primary Graphics your DVI and as secondary your HDMI and ONLY then connecting your HDMI display??

In DP1 and DP3 this is what I have to do for successful boot with QE/CI with my HD 5000. For me, if I want to use HDMI then I select DisplayPort as primary, but if I want to use DisplayPort then I have to select HDMI as primary...

Sadly I don't have that option on my bios... Also I am on dp2 and this no signal problem still occur... Zzz
  • Like 1

Hey MiniHack... I just realised the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext from my DP2 installation is different from yours? How did you get it? Did you install DP1 then update to DP2?

I actually downloaded a delta update - so I have a separate install package with just DP2 changes. 

Short story is my redemption code got wasted so I signed in with my developer account to the Apple support forums and there were others in same position as me and someone on there linked to official delta update from DP1 to 2.

• Like 1