Intel HD 4600 QE/CI Yosemite

wusa

482 posts in this topic

Ended up booting my ssd on a real Mac and updated to DP2, and it worked. Something with the DP1 graphics drivers I guess.

I'm already on DP2 but still no go. Just monitor to sleep.

Tried custom edid as well. Other monitor an several ports. No luck so far.

Installed dp3. Now i'm unable to boot. System reboots as soon as graphics driver loads. Dp2 worked fine. Desktop system. Now I'm trying to boot without graphics injection. Stay tuned.

Guillermo

Same problem here. Never had any problem with Mavericks DP's.

GA-Z87X-UD3H i7 4770K Intel HD 4600

• Like 1

Has anybody gotten the mobile version of the HD4600 working with QE/CI yet running DP3? I haven't had a chance to try the update yet, but I was wondering if support for it has been added yet or not on apple's end.

Apple has released DP3 of Yosemite. Can anyone test and report if Intel HD 4600 Mobile (0x04168086) is working with full QE/CI or not ?

Tested on my Optimus laptop configuration (Mobile HD4600 + Nvidia GTX 780m) and still same problem.  I installed the graphic kexts from 10.9.1 (intel + nvidia) and i get reboot before GUI.  Deleted Nvidia Kext and kept the Intel ones from 10.9.1 and its better smoothness wise (and i see that IntelAzulFB is loaded) but still have sluggish animations and no QE/CI. 

Tested on my Optimus laptop configuration (Mobile HD4600 + Nvidia GTX 780m) and still same problem. I installed the graphic kexts from 10.9.1 (intel + nvidia) and i get reboot before GUI. Deleted Nvidia Kext and kept the Intel ones from 10.9.1 and its better smoothness wise (and i see that IntelAzulFB is loaded) but still have sluggish animations and no QE/CI.

Same for me with my HP envy. Doesn't seem like the mobile HD4600 has been added yet. I had my fingers crossed, since the desktop version has been working since DP2, I assumed [one should never assume] that we would be next in line with the third beta. Oh well. I guess I'll switch back to mavericks for now. I was really hoping to try handoff out though.

You have to see the plist:  info.plist, which is exist in AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext ,and check the key:IOPCIPrimaryMatch.

all in this key is the IDs. So, you can see the "0x04128086" and not "0x04168086".

So,the desktop's HD4600 can be supported , but notbook's HD4600 cann't.

I am Chinese,my English is bad....Sorry!

haha~

For those for whom the default HD 5000 desktop frame buffer worked in DP2, but who cannot boot in DP3 rolling back to the AppleIntelAzulFramebuffer.kext from DP2 will get you working again. This did it for me and my Haswell NUC (i5 4250U).

Now I need to find out what broke graphics for me in the DP3 kext. 

So I took a look at the Framebuffer I use (03 00 22 0d) and can see no difference between the frame buffer of DP2 and DP3 and also nothing remarkable when comparing the 2 plists. For the moment then I am stuck on using the rolled back next until I can find the reason the frame buffer does not load when using the DP3 kext.

HD4600 Mobile if apple supported this  model of intel IGP do you think it'll be no issues with the Desktop version connected to a VGA Monitor ? i'm just wondering

i'd feel very sorry to throw away my older VGA Monitor :(

For those for whom the default HD 5000 desktop frame buffer worked in DP2, but who cannot boot in DP3 rolling back to the AppleIntelAzulFramebuffer.kext from DP2 will get you working again. This did it for me and my Haswell NUC (i5 4250U).

Now I need to find out what broke graphics for me in the DP3 kext. 

So I took a look at the Framebuffer I use (03 00 22 0d) and can see no difference between the frame buffer of DP2 and DP3 and also nothing remarkable when comparing the 2 plists. For the moment then I am stuck on using the rolled back next until I can find the reason the frame buffer does not load when using the DP3 kext.

I am surprised I have not seen this issue more widely reported…cannot understand why on DP2 hD5000 works but not on DP3. I am wondering if there is also a link between this and the reason why HD 4600 is not working in Yosemite. Maybe there are more strict system checks being carried out that are preventing the Framebuffers from loading? 

I think Apple has made some modifications/ changes to the Graphics Hardware Acceleration engine, thus make the 10.9.x HD 4600 kexts incompatible and therefore no Graphics Acceleration. I think we need to patch the 10.10 kexts to get graphics acceleration and support for HD 4600 Mobile version.

I think Apple has made some modifications/ changes to the Graphics Hardware Acceleration engine, thus make the 10.9.x HD 4600 kexts incompatible and therefore no Graphics Acceleration. I think we need to patch the 10.10 kexts to get graphics acceleration and support for HD 4600 Mobile version.

i think this action could be taken temporarly  , at the final release apple can't throw away its Haswell devices .. people will get mad i guess 

i think this action could be taken temporarly  , at the final release apple can't throw away its Haswell devices .. people will get mad i guess 

I imagine that DP3 works fine on genuine Apple Haswell devices (e.g. genuine MacBook Air 6,2). I have not seen any outraged reports from Apple users about DP3 not being able to boot.

Thanks bro!  :thumbsup_anim:

Another thing that ALSO works for me is taking the binary from the DP2 kext and replacing the one in the DP3 kext with it....which means the change that screwed me up is definitely somewhere in the binary of the Azul kext of DP3.

Remember though this won't solve anything for anyone who has not got stuff working in DP2.

PS Am trying to track down which change(s) in the binary made the difference.

• Like 1