10.10 vanilla Bootable Usb Guide

40 posts in this topic

All Credit's Go to Scellow Download-fritz and pjalm oh and sj without them we would be no where on 10.10 and thanks to you to slice netkas

iMessage Fix 

How to make a bootable usb via windows using vmware https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK6VTiyyQKo

made it as simple as i could if there are any errors please post below thanks and i will edit this post 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299309-newest-clover-release/ <newest clover v2

so new way of making a bootable

10.10 script for bootable usb https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3y5hldpEFDYcFZSY1pEcEFDWXc/view?usp=sharing

Usb Script for 10.9 os x https://www.sendspace.com/file/hqsj4f

make sure your os x 10.10 is in your apps folder 

make sure your usb is named USB and the file is on your desktop

open up term type sudo bash then drag create_usb.sh into term and hit enter 

and enter your password and let it run 

also last thing the newest image http://imgur.com/I088enI is of how to get iMessage and FaceTime and iCloud working also if you want out of the box network and sound then put your kexts in this folder http://i.imgur.com/XKTphmT.jpg and do what is shown in clover and for kicks and {censored} here is a sample of my config i use 

post-1349344-0-85142500-1401839554_thumb.png

post-1349344-0-50376900-1401839561_thumb.png

post-1349344-0-13021900-1402078086_thumb.png

Edited by WarDoctor
  • Like 3

Is it just me, or does the r2692 Clover take *AGES* to install? I've been sitting at "About 3 minutes" for over 15 minutes. It's moving, but very very slowly. I may have to check my USB drive...

Stupid YouTube broke my video meh it's all written there for you also in video description added a file to install after you first boot a signed fakesmc and kextcache files

• Like 1

Thanks WarDoctor for the great information.  I have one question that is probably one I should know!  Once started on your USB drive, you should normally be in "single user". Then type like this:  Where do I type these commands in clover. if I start typing nothing happens.  Thanks

I'm able to boot into the installer... So far it's been stuck at "About 14 minutes remaining" for about half an hour and the progress bar hasn't moved... Anyone else have this happen? I'm not sure if anything is actually going on still, but it's not frozen. I can still click around and go through menus and whatnot.

Any suggestions?

Ya I was able to install successfully but now I can't boot. Just gets to the point where I'm about to hit GUI, my display goes black and then system reboots after a few seconds.

I'm sure once Chameleon is updated, those of us who don't use Clover now will have much better luck.

Ya I was able to install successfully but now I can't boot. Just gets to the point where I'm about to hit GUI, my display goes black and then system reboots after a few seconds.

Deleting VoodooHDA solved this for me.

No sound so far, but everything else works :) Have to dig further into clover, where to drop dsdt and ssdt to make throtteling work properly, .......

Deleting VoodooHDA solved this for me.

No sound so far, but everything else works :) Have to dig further into clover, where to drop dsdt and ssdt to make throtteling work properly, .......

I don't have VoodooHDA installed. How did you identify that it was that kext causing the problem?

I got my system running pretty good so far using an Asus P8H77-I with Nvidia GTX 660ti graphics. Here's a few tidbits from getting it running:

1. If you are using your existing Clover boot loader, make sure you do a clean install of the latest Yosemite-compatible version (r2692+ I believe). Afterwards, re-apply your preferences in the Clover plist file. I ran into trouble with Speedstep kernel panics before I did this.

2. DO NOT throw FakeSMC.kext into /S/L/E on your USB install drive! First, put in into another directory on it, then boot using the [-s kext-dev-mode=1] flags. Run your [fsck -fy] and [mount -uw /] commands, then apply the proper permissions commands [chmod -R 775 FakeSMC.kext] and [chown -R root:wheel FakeSMC.kext]. Now you can copy FakeSMC.kext into /S/L/E. Afterwards run [kextload -v /S/L/E/FakeSMC.kext]. FakeSMC should load now. FOLLOW THIS EXACTLY OR ELSE FAKESMC WILL NOT LOAD!!!

3. After install is complete, follow the same steps in #2 to put FakeSMC.kext on your new installed Yosemite drive. In my case, I needed a few extra things to get my system running perfectly. Using Multicast 6.3, I installed FakeSMC + Plugins with HWMonitor, RTL8111 Ethernet drivers, and VoodooHDA (latest version).

4. If you needed to install an ethernet driver, be sure to delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist file located in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration to enable iCloud and iTunes access after you verify your ethernet is working. The reason for this is that your ethernet needs to be at en0, but if you install the driver outside the OS X installer, it is added as a second network interface (en1). Deleting this file will set your built-in ethernet back to en0 after you restart the computer.

5. VoodooHDA doesn't work out of the box with ##### (at least for me). Using the same method I used for getting FakeSMC to work, I was able to get this up and running no problem. Just move the VoodooHDA.kext out of /S/L/E to somewhere else on the hard drive, reboot with a [-s kext-dev-mode=1] flag and follow #2.

6. Once you verified that ethernet, FakeSMC + Plugins & HWMonitor, and sound are working, open up a terminal window to rebuild your kext cache. Run a superuser command [sudo -s] and then [kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel] and [kextcache -system-caches]. My caches rebuilt cleanly and I was able to boot without the [kext-dev-mode=1] flag. System is working flawlessly.

Edit: You still need the [kext-dev-mode=1] flag apparently. :-/

• Like 2

I got my system running pretty good so far using an Asus P8H77-I with Nvidia GTX 660ti graphics. Here's a few tidbits from getting it running:

1. If you are using your existing Clover boot loader, make sure you do a clean install of the latest Yosemite-compatible version (r2692+ I believe). Afterwards, re-apply your preferences in the Clover plist file. I ran into trouble with Speedstep kernel panics before I did this.

2. DO NOT throw FakeSMC.kext into /S/L/E on your USB install drive! First, put in into another directory on it, then boot using the [-s kext-dev-mode=1] flags. Run your [fsck -fy] and [mount -uw /] commands, then apply the proper permissions commands [chmod -R 775 FakeSMC.kext] and [chown -R root:wheel FakeSMC.kext]. Now you can copy FakeSMC.kext into /S/L/E. Afterwards run [kextload -v /S/L/E/FakeSMC.kext]. FakeSMC should load now. FOLLOW THIS EXACTLY OR ELSE FAKESMC WILL NOT LOAD!!!

3. After install is complete, follow the same steps in #2 to put FakeSMC.kext on your new installed Yosemite drive. In my case, I needed a few extra things to get my system running perfectly. Using Multicast 6.3, I installed FakeSMC + Plugins with HWMonitor, RTL8111 Ethernet drivers, and VoodooHDA (latest version).

4. If you needed to install an ethernet driver, be sure to delete the NetworkInterfaces.plist file located in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration to enable iCloud and iTunes access after you verify your ethernet is working. The reason for this is that your ethernet needs to be at en0, but if you install the driver outside the OS X installer, it is added as a second network interface (en1). Deleting this file will set your built-in ethernet back to en0 after you restart the computer.

5. VoodooHDA doesn't work out of the box with ##### (at least for me). Using the same method I used for getting FakeSMC to work, I was able to get this up and running no problem. Just move the VoodooHDA.kext out of /S/L/E to somewhere else on the hard drive, reboot with a [-s kext-dev-mode=1] flag and follow #2.

6. Once you verified that ethernet, FakeSMC + Plugins & HWMonitor, and sound are working, open up a terminal window to rebuild your kext cache. Run a superuser command [sudo -s] and then [kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel] and [kextcache -system-caches]. My caches rebuilt cleanly and I was able to boot without the [kext-dev-mode=1] flag. System is working flawlessly.

Edit: You still need the [kext-dev-mode=1] flag apparently. :-/

Question: do your NVDA kexts have info.plists in them?? Mine do not - and my GTX650 isn't being detected either. Trying to figure out why.

My problem is that that my USB mouse doesn't seem to work. I can successfully boot into system but as soon as i move the mouse the cursor disappears and returns to the left corner

that seems to be a issue with most lower end mice