OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

maybe, i didn't ask the right question because my poor English. I know those files are for clover. i see two links for 14R files one on main post (#1) and another link on post #5. i wonder if these two links are the same? beside chameleon i applied fix and patches but a few functions doesn't work like fn key doesn't work for dark and bright also when pc goes to sleep mode never wake up. im interested on this guide. 

you can use #5, for me i patched bios to enable uefi mode, cause traditional bios mode can't boot with GPT table disk. you should install IOWMIFamily.kext to get brightness work by pressing Fn+f4/f5, also u may need edit dsdt like #7 if it doesn't work.

For sleep and wake up, i see your 14r don't have AMD-GPU, so you can add usb sleep code. 

I need help booting up the installer. it gets stuck in the gray grid like the pics above 

Im using 2 USB's (clover usb (4GB) in the USB 3 port on the right and OS X USB (8GB) in the USB 2 port)

specs:

intel core i5-2430m

Intel HD 3000 (no switchable graphics)

6gb ram

640gb hdd

centrino-1030 wireless

CPU-Z mainboard has the model number 05TM8C if that helps 

I need help booting up the installer. it gets stuck in the gray grid like the pics above 

Im using 2 USB's (clover usb (4GB) in the USB 3 port on the right and OS X USB (8GB) in the USB 2 port)

specs:

intel core i5-2430m

Intel HD 3000 (no switchable graphics)

6gb ram

640gb hdd

centrino-1030 wireless

CPU-Z mainboard has the model number 05TM8C if that helps 

Got it to boot by changing the folder name to the model number :)

Update, i change SSD from main hard drive to candy, the put HDD back to first SATA slot. then format it as MBR table with windows installed. it will hang there when press exit clover, after reading some changes about clover, it should be set a parameter "legacy=PBR", then you can give windows boot normally. like blew screenshot, btw i use version 2330 and windows 8.1 now.

post-459659-0-71749900-1388675919_thumb.png

... it should be set a parameter "legacy=PBR", then you can give windows boot normally. like blew screenshot, btw i use version 2330 and windows 8.1 now.

So, you are running Clover-EFI and not UEFI, because PBR is only meant for Clover-EFI. I kinda knew that Clover-EFI can boot legacy installations of Windows, but UEFI Clover is not capable of doing this, sadly. 

my sound won't work ...

in the system profiler, AppleHDA.kext isn't loaded at boot

is there any way to force-load this kext?

Then you are obviously missing some pieces of the puzzle. Ensure that:

1. Your AppleHDA has layout-28.aml.zlib and Platforms.aml.zlib in Resources folder

2. You have CustomPeripheral kext that is properly loaded and has Hardware Config data in info.plist

3. You have kext patches defined for AppleHDA patching inside the config file of Clover

4. You have either my CodecCommander or EAPDFix kext installed in your system

5. You have antipop installed along the plist file provided in the OP of this thread.

6. Your Clover config.plist also contains kext patch for SNB Framebuffer connectors

If you are missing at leased one of these things mentioned above your sound is bound to be broken.

• Like 1

So, you are running Clover-EFI and not UEFI, because PBR is only meant for Clover-EFI. I kinda knew that Clover-EFI can boot legacy installations of Windows, but UEFI Clover is not capable of doing this, sadly. 

But, it's odd cause i try to remove the parameter "legacy=PBR", it can boot up will with windows but doesn't stable. so i set it then, btw, i find newer version clover 2428 isn't compatible with SSDT-x with contains _DSM or other modification added in dsdt. the log shows insert successfully. i don't why? how about you ?

Perhaps it drops _DSM methods from SSDT-s by default and you have to set the DSDT / DropOEM_DSM to NO in order to prevent this. I still haven't upgraded Clover as I'm not really keen on testing the new stuff while it's experimental. I've almost ruined my Haswell build that has been running like clockwork due to a "not-so-friendly" Clover change, which ended up being fixed in the following build, but still .. 

yeah, haswell platform is un-friendly supported with clover, i saw clover wiki update about DropOEM_DSM, but the default valve is false while we don't have bios.aml inside. 

Default value is false if using a custom DSDT and true if using BIOS.aml.

One more thing, clover extracts acpi tables, and fixes it with FixDsdtMask, as experimented, these FixDsdtMasks are incompatible with bin patches you have made.  i wonder know whether there is a way  so solve this problem, i mean i apply FixDsdtMask and keep bin patches ?

We are indeed using BIOS.aml as this is only a figurative description of using DSDT table that comes straight from BIOS and is not pre-patched and placed in /patched folder. So in our case with later Clover revisions all _DSM methods are dropped due to that setting being set to true by default.

In regards to FixMask - I believe it was replaced with NewWay settings or something along the lines of this. Though I don't see any reason to use these in conjunction with our custom patches because most of the fixes are already included in our custom SSDT table. Besides, neither of shutdown (or sleep) fixes implemented in Clover will actually work with our Tiano firmware.. so there's that. Personally, I don't see any reason to use FixMask or it's modern analog on our laptops.

my sound won't work ...

in the system profiler, AppleHDA.kext isn't loaded at boot

is there any way to force-load this kext?

I realize that from revision greater than r2377, AppelHDA.kext doesnt work for me so I'll stick with r2377. if something is working well, I do not see the impulse to upgrade clover. by the way. thanks to TW and Zprood for your helps!

I realize that from revision greater than r2377, AppelHDA.kext doesnt work for me so I'll stick with r2377. if something is working well, I do not see the impulse to upgrade clover. by the way. thanks to TW and Zprood for your helps!

That might be  the problem for me

but i installed the AppleHDA using a different kext utility and it works... so alls fine except that i lose sound after the laptop falls asleep with USB 3 plugged in 

post-459659-0-94118300-1388809996_thumb.png

Actually the applehda works well, i currently use pre-beta version 10.9.2 with 2330 clover. 

@TW, i see what you mean, also i think there is no need to use those FixMasks, but when i manually set DropOEM_DSM to false under DSDT/, it still be true  all DSMs in the custom SSDT-x are dropped. so i stick at 2330 version clover. Anyway all stuff work like a charm, there is no much complain for this, just a desire to upgrade clover.  :P 

I already have my system with a triple internal HDD boot. Windows 8.1, Mavericks 9.10.1 and Ubuntu 13.10 on UEFI boot.
I am having two issues.

1 - first when I'm on mac and I login to windows, the time always change then i have to change it manually.

2 - second, when i press Fn+F2 the system lock up. TW says; "in UEFI boot mode pressing Fn+F2 to toggle radio interfaces causes the machine to lock up, in order to prevent this methods FOWM needs to be wiped clean". what's that mean? cause for "wiped clean" i understood to delete it or clean the code but im 97.3% sure, that it doesn't mean that.

I will appreciate any advise that you can provide to this noob. Thanks!

Note: it only happen on Windows. Marericks and Ubuntu don't have those issues.

every things great  :thumbsup_anim:

except wifi.... 

I'm using Belkin N150 wifi adapter (diff from the one in my sig)

with kext from Realtek 

They only have kext up to 10.8 

so i think the system version being too new for the kext is causing the notebook to lose sound after sleeping w/ adapter in USB 2

or not wake up at all after sleeping w/ adapter in USB 3

Define custom actions for 3 finger swipes. I have a profile inside the plist for my vostro that makes the 3 finger swipes go left right for backwards and forward up for show desktop and down for expose. You just have to reconfigure the keyboard shortcuts to match the action specified.

Here is what I did to get left/right swipe work for browsing - i.e. go back Back Forward with left/right swipe. I changed the key mappings for the swipe left and swipe right from the default mapping in the VoodooPS2Keyboard Info.plist 

VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist

changed original:

<key>ActionSwipeDown</key>

<string>3b d, 37 d, 7d d, 7d u, 37 u, 3b u</string>

<key>ActionSwipeLeft</key>

<string>3b d, 37 d, 7b d, 7b u, 37 u, 3b u</string>

<key>ActionSwipeRight</key>

<string>3b d, 37 d, 7c d, 7c u, 37 u, 3b u</string>

<key>ActionSwipeUp</key>

<string>3b d, 37 d, 7e d, 7e u, 37 u, 3b u</string>

to

$ diff Info-orig.plist VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/Contents/Info.plist 

152c152

< <string>3b d, 37 d, 7b d, 7b u, 37 u, 3b u</string>

---

> <string>37 d, 21 d, 21 u, 37 u</string>

154c154

< <string>3b d, 37 d, 7c d, 7c u, 37 u, 3b u</string>

---

> <string>37 d, 1e d, 1e u, 37 u</string>

I seem to have hit a bit of a roadblock, and I'm not sure what I missed. When I boot normally, the screen goes black, but still lit up. If I disable InjectIntel in Clover's configuration menu, it works fine, but without brightness. I have a Dell N4110 with Intel HD 3000 graphics, and I'm using the Vostro OEM folder in Clover (renamed for the N4110).

Also, as a less important problem, my battery seems to be detected, but shows a 0% charge and can't to tell if it's on Battery or not. I can keep my laptop on AC most of the time anyway, so it's not much of a worry for me.

What you are describing is really weird and in reality shouldn't happen.

If your battery is showing means that the patch from config file is being applied properly .. it can't apply partially, so it should have worked as you'd expect it to work.

About graphics not starting up properly - your connectors inside the framebuffer may be slightly different, so try removing the SNB framebuffer kext patch from the kext patches array to see if it helps. The injection that Clover does is not really doing anything as the injection for HD3000 is harcoded in one of the SSDT tables in Vostro OEM folder, meaning no matter of the state of the injection in clover it should be functional.. at least this is how it is for me.

I remember there being a DSDT for the N5110 that I could apply to my laptop for the battery, but I'm honestly not sure of if flashing to the modded BIOS would change how that DSDT works.

Anyway, I tried removing the patch from config.plist as you said and it didn't seem to affect much. Still no brightness and I still have to disable InjectIntel, which is odd regarding to what you said about it. It has all zeroed out values though, so could it be "zeroing out" the actual Intel values needed? Or would Clover just ignore said values?

EDIT: Interesting thing-- After waking the system from sleep, the battery goes from "Battery" to "Charging" mode. Still says 0% and doesn't actually detect if it's plugged in or not, though.

EDIT 2: I got brightness and battery working! I used the attached DSDT, found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/lion-laptop-support/30465-guide-dell-inspiron-14r-n4110-sandy-bridge-lion-9.html#post290208

Working on sound right now, but I think that's my own error and not the tutorial's.

N4110-dsdt.aml.zip

Actually that post was written by me, also the patches is the same as the first post, just changed a another way. For brightness you should use that patch to make a real brightness, sound card is same thing, all stuff are done, i think you know how it works and why it works, then you can do it.