OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

I believe that these tables are set up for me 14R. I do not understand why the graphics card not being disabled because the method is already implemented in SSDT-2 Scope (\ _SB.PCI0.PEG0). SSDT-3 I extracted the script Revogirl. Actually I had not put this method before and now put, and now my audio and wifi does not work. One detail that is present now in the ioreg GFX0, Please find attached files.

Are you serious? I've looked at ACPI tables injected in your IOREG and you were using SSDT-2 from Vosotro, because it lacks PEG0 scope and has Fresco Logic model for XHCI controller. Your config is not being loaded because none of the patches are bing applied from Clover. When providing dumps intend to use DarwinDumper instead, as it provides complete information about the system as well as most needed logs. I can't tell much based on just ACPI tables and IOREG.

Can you explain what is the role of PtidTabl? Should we really drop it?

It's a universal monitoring device on mobile and desktop platforms. kozlek's ACPISensors plugin can read data from it. The thing with these two machines as well as XPS 15/15z/17 and Vostro 3750 is that kozlek's plugin will pick the table and populate sensors with it, but the table actually doesn't work as there is no device H_EC to which grand majority of sensors are referring.. so only DTS1 and DTS2 sensors are being properly picked up, but we already monitor these.

0:100  0:000  Clover revision: 1989  running on Dell System Inspiron N4110
0:100  0:000  ... with board 0WVPMX

So your board is 0WVPMX and not a 03NKW8 as @Zprood's 14R has. Probably part number differs because you've got different AMD graphics.

But revision 1989, seriously? With a config file from revision 2k ? The config files are COMPLETELY different for pre 2k and post 2k Clover.. so what do you expect anyway? We are at revision 2269 already, you are 280 revisions behind.

So this means you have again used some files from God knows where.. and not from the files I've included in this guide.

See, its much easier when you actually follow directions ;)

Everything seems to be in order now, patches are getting applied... . but you still missed a chunk, you haven't changed ROM, MLB, BoardSerialNumber or actual SerialNumber inside the config file... 

There's just one thing that will be missing for you after you fix the serials - HDMI audio, but it's a Clover bug at this point, even if you use latest revision hda-gfx won't be properly set to onboard-1 on IGPU, so HDMI won't pass any audio on AMD based machines. And you can't do anything to SSDT or DSDT either, because SgRef table already has _DSM on IGPU with no way of dropping it without getting a kernel panic. 

P.S. Uninstall GenericXHCI and update your kernelcache.

Really tested here and not have HDMI audio working, the Zprood does not work?

I think, that you have to patch the port for HDMI of your installed AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.

On my EDGE E320 with AMD 6630m and HD3000 I have done the following steps and got HDMI with audio working:

DSDT.aml:

In section HDEF:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x16)

{

"codec-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x6E, 0x50, 0xF1, 0x14

},

"hda-gfx",

Buffer (0x0A)

{

"onboard-2"

},

"AAPL,slot-name",

Buffer (0x09)

{

"Built In"

},

"layout-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

"model",

Buffer (0x1A)

{

"HD Audio Conexant Cx20590"

},

"name",

Buffer (0x11)

{

"Conexant Cx20590"

},

"location",

Buffer (0x02)

{

"3"

},

"subsystem-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

"subsystem-vendor-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x58, 0x14, 0x00, 0x00

},

"device_type",

Buffer (0x09)

{

"HD audio"

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (Zero) {}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

Read marked lines are neccessary if not injected or activated by bootloader.

In GFX0 (IGPU) the following DSM method right after:

Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x06)

{

"AAPL,snb-platform-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00

},

"hda-gfx",

Buffer (0x0A)

{

"onboard-2"

},

"device-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

I have also patched the blue marked line for HDMI port of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB from

0000000: 0102 0400 1007 0000 1007 0000  ............

000000c: 0503 0000 0200 0000 3000 0000  ........0...

0000018: 0205 0000 0004 0000 0700 0000  ............

0000024: 0304 0000 0004 0000 0900 0000  ............

0000030: 0406 0000 0004 0000 0900 0000  ............

to

0000000: 0102 0300 1007 0000 1007 0000  ............

000000c: 0100 0000 0200 0000 3000 0000  ........0...

0000018: 0205 0000 0008 0000 0600 0000  ............

0000024: 0602 0000 1000 0000 0900 0000  ............

0000030: 0000 0000 0004 0000 0900 0000  ............

The green marked lines are for working VGA port on my e320. (Last port set to zero, because it is does not exist on e320 and caused gfx-glitches)

For doing the hex edit you can use a hex editor or just run the attached script of modigliani (olarila.com).

I hope this can help you to solve your problem with hdmi audio.

Have fun.

modigliani-intelhd3000Patch-v4-ML.zip

Really tested here and not have HDMI audio working, the Zprood does not work?

post-459659-0-42302400-1383358523_thumb.png

you can see what's going on hdmi audio, i haven't a device to test whether it works or not. but basically it should work. 

<6f 6e 62 6f 61 72 64 2d 31> means "<onboard-1>"

I think, that you have to patch the port for HDMI of your installed AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.

On my EDGE E320 with AMD 6630m and HD3000 I have done the following steps and got HDMI with audio working:

DSDT.aml

Please don't mislead people in this guide. The connectors are already being properly patched. I've also described the situation with _DSM on GFX0 twice in my last two post, so if you don't full understand the concept of ACPI and what happens when you have two DSM methods on same device across two ACPI tables I suggest you try yourself... also, this guide doesn't need you to have a prepatched dsdt, so there goes misleading again.

@Zprood, it's a bug in clover, it should be MacRoman and say onboard-1, but it doesn't.. a lot of people have noticed it doesn't actually allow hdmi audio to pass through.

@TW, thanks explain, i'd talk about candy HDD more, i have two partitions mounted when login system, when reboot system, candy power shutdown, it happens when candy HDD is in using, so i edit fstab to unmount the partitions of HDD, then when i reboot, the power shutdown sound won't appears any more. 

Sure, go ahead and document fstab if you know configuring it can solve the immediate power down of the caddy across restarts.

Only thing is, my OSX installation is on that HDD caddy, and my main drive has Windows 8.1 installed on it, both main drive partitions are unmounted at login with an app created with automator. 

hi TimeWalker75a

i need from you small help on activating iMessages through calling Apple care ?

can you help me on this ?

about iMessage, if you use clover you should add two options  under "RtVariables"

MLB > "SerialNumber"+ five digital

ROM > your network MAC address

one more thing, if your account doesn't activated in iso device or real mac, you should add a credit card to it, then change your password of account, then problem solved. 

• Like 1

about iMessage, if you use clover you should add two options  under "RtVariables"

one more thing, if your account doesn't activated in iso device or real mac, you should add a credit card to it, then change your password of account, then problem solved. 

didn't used my account on any idevice or mac 

want to try first call apple care as a try before add credit card 

tried to call but can't deal with them as they speak rapidly so can't understand them english :)

hope that someone help me on this :)

Hey,

I'm really new to all this Hackintosh stuff and don't know or understand many things (but I'm trying, yeah) about different kinds of DSDTs and so on. I'm trying to apply this guide to my Vostro 3750 having almost the same motherboard (as mentioned in this thread) but can't even run the Installer. I've patched my BIOS, now it's fully UEFI compatible with a bunch of the needed options unlocked, I've copied the prepared Clover stuff only modifying the motherboard ID from 3450s to 3750s in the appropriate folder name (inside the OEM folder). Sooo... Clover runs without GUI (I don't know if it should), OS X Installer boot process stucks on the following error: p-state stepper error 18 at step 35 — unfortunately, I don't even understand WTF is that.

I would really appreciate any possible help.

Thanks.

@sky-lo-fi, you can't just use his patches for you until you know how these patches work. i see you have 1600x900 resolution display, and TW has 1366x768.

Yes, I understand that. But 1) I should start with something and want to get help not just to fix everything (like "guys, go and make a working image for my laptop while I'm drinking coffee" - never this way) but also to understand it, however there is so much information, etc. that I don't know where to look at first; 2) in this case I prefer to go in a backward direction and to use the patches and then fix what doesn't work, because this guide is made for the closest model to my lappy I've found on the Web.

as i suggest that you can make it install successfully, then apply this patches to you. because you have much things to learn and understand. 

about GUI, TW set text only mod, so you won't see it. And you have a different CPU compare with TW, i need delete SSDT-2.aml from patched folder, and i modify a config.plist to you, replace it. config.plist.zip

• Like 1

as i suggest that you can make it install successfully, then apply this patches to you. because you have much things to learn and understand. 

about GUI, TW set text only mod, so you won't see it. And you have a different CPU compare with TW, i need delete SSDT-2.aml from patched folder, and i modify a config.plist to you, replace it. attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

Thank you. Done what you said. But now I'm having a "USBMSC identifier (non-unique) [blah-blah...] Still waiting for root device" issue. I can see USB Injection is turned on. BTW when I try ncpi=0x3000 or 2000 (read somewhere that this can help solve this problem) nothing changes, but after enabling P-States and C-States generation, it passes a "USBMSC..." string, goes far and finally gives the same P-State Stepper error just like before.

ncpi=0x3000 or 2000

there is no need to use it. what's kind install media you are using ? 

Still waiting for root device

it means mac doesn't find a boot device, i suggest that you should use a simple way to install mac, like chameleon, then switch to clover. 

EDIT:

1. make a install media, put Fakesmc.kext and Voodoops2controller in the S/L/E.

2. copy smbios.plist which is define macbook pro 8.1, put it in the Extra/

3. edit org.chameleon.boot.plist, add DualLink=1 to it. 

then boot and install.

ncpi=0x3000 or 2000

there is no need to use it. what's kind install media you are using ? 

it means mac doesn't find a boot device, i suggest that you should use a simple way to install mac, like chameleon, then switch to clover. 

I'm using a USB stick for Clover and a USB HDD for Installer. Going to install it to an internal SATA HDD.

Yes, I know the meaning of this string, but you see it RUNS through it and continues booting until the P-State Stepper error message when C-States and P-States generation is turned on, so it looks like the media is not a real problem. As for npci I've already realized there's no need to use it.