OSX on DELL Vostro 3450 / Inspiron N4110 / XPS L702x UEFI Clover

TimeWalker75a

1,149 posts in this topic

for some dell {censored} reason, i don't recommend you use usb HDD install i have the issue before, so you should use internal hdd as your installation.

So you think I could just switch to an internal HDD install and get rid of the "Still waiting for root device" issue without turning C- and P-States generation on by that?

Okay, I'll try it later. And may I use an eSATA HDD? I don't want to format an internal HDD 'til I run the Installer 'cuz it's the only Windows machine near me, the others are native Macs without Windows installed  :whistle:

you should make a point clearly, if you haven't one mac install successfully then you can do like others have a native mac only. for me, i create one partition about 6gb as install media, after use it install mac, you can do everything right then you can switch to one disk with GPT table. 

Hey TW & team; great effort (as always). I'd like to contribute to this topic specifically for the 15z (board: 060G42).

To this effect I've attached my work so far. Practically all of the DSDT and kernel patches work; the only couple of things left to do (in removing the DSDT entirely) is:

1) Disable switchable optimus graphics; I've currently left in the patched DSDT but in theory a couple of _OFF calls in SSDT-? should do it.

2) I'm not sure if the P- and C- states can be generated automatically for the i7-2620m or there is need for an extra SSDT table to do so.

I like TW's philosophy that we can achieve a DSDT-less machine, and patch everything at boot-time. The attached is a (50%) completed step to help all those with a 15z board achieve the same :)

060G42.zip

Okay, I've done it with my Vostro 3750. Problem solved just using a SSDT file for my particular CPU instead of the one from the topic, and the system has installed successfully. But I still have no WiFi, my touchpad isn't working and the graphics have lots of bugs.

And dear topicstarter, I have just realized, что вы русский, хотя до этого читал всё внимательно, но выложенная вами раскладка клавиатуры даже отчего-то не намекала. Спасибо за гайд. Хоть у меня и не совсем такой лэптоп, ну и многие железки пока не завелись, но я её запустил-таки, чему несказанно рад.

Well, looks like I will never run my WiFi card as it is Intel Centrino 1030. Just going to change it.

But I hope to be able to fix the following issues:

- sound not working at all

- trackpad not working at all

- keyboard not working after sleep

- graphics glitches appear sometimes

UPD.: Installed a clean version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext, it made my trackpad recognizable but still unusable (cursor moves too slowly). Moving on.

I think my installation will be able to become a Vostro 3750 guide pretty soon :-)
Now the sound works for me and no graphics glitches any more.

Still having the following issues:

- trackpad not working (buttons are pushable, but the cursor moves too slowly and no gestures)

- keyboard not working after sleep

- no brightness control

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all :).

i'm on vostro 3450 with i7-2640m and AMD 6630M

I have flash with the A13 , enable UEFI boot.

On my clover i have move some file on the file boot, that's what you say if we have a SG.

I saw your post about the 14R and the A12 bios, but i haven't try (fear to kill my bios ^^, but it's the same spec i think no?)

Anyway, i'm booting with Clover and take the first choice with "Boot Mac OS X with injected kexts

at this point the check as stop for 30 sec at this message :

using 64-bit bootcache playlist

bootcachecontrol unable to open /var/db/bootcache.playlist 2 no such file or directory

... (after 30-45 sec and some other information)

P-State stepper error 18 at step 35 in context 2 on CPU 0

stop for 30-45 sec too

and the check finish with the macboopro specification and reboot....

I'm French so be kind with my poor english ^^. I have the 10.8.5 on my pc but my laptop is harder...

Thank you for your help :)

my clover : http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/19350333/file.html

u have a different cpu with TW, so you can't just use his ssdt table, try to delete it and re-create one with ssdtgen.sh. also u can you use other stuff of TW's. 

Ok, just creat a new ssdt and put only his ssdt on the ssdt file, we have a topic to do that?

thank you for your answer btw :)

ps i found : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287011-how-to-extract-and-compile-dsdtaml-with-dsdt-editor/

But i just save aml or i must to apply patch?

you just need SSDT-1 and SSDT-3, drop SSDT-2, because it is just compatible with i3 cpu not i7. as i said before you need use SSDT which is corrected about P-state & C-state for your cpu type.

one more thing  the mentioned the link is talking about how to get it.

• 2 weeks later...
I need some help, it stuck when i get the install screen  all i get is a grid screen, i can install mac with UB and everything is fine except a few problem with device like sound, centrino wireless card etc. i wouldn't be fine until i can accomplish this excellent guide. I'm trying to do an internal HDD installation i attached a pic with the grid screen.

image.jpg

I need some help, it stuck when i get the install screen  all i get is a grid screen, i can install mac with UB and everything is fine except a few problem with device like sound, centrino wireless card etc. i wouldn't be fine until i can accomplish this excellent guide. I'm trying to do an internal HDD installation i attached a pic with the grid screen.
image.jpg

if you are new for this community, and find a good result for your laptop, there are many stuff you need to know. For installing, i recommend you use chameleon to do it with internal hdd installing method, hd3000 GPU needs to set SMBIOS to MBP8.1 that you can find out in the first post attachment.

Wireless card isn't compatible with MAC OS, u need to replace with another like BCM43XX or BCM943225HMB( if you can buy this) is a good choice.

Other devices like sound, ethernet, camera, USB3.0(if you have) you can search forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Zero issues came up after updating to retail (if you can call it that) 10.9.1 and trying beta C32 build of 10.9.2. Haven't lifted a finger as the guide suggests :)

After swapping the wireless card with AzureWave AW-NB290 (works in 10.8.5 and up) the amount of effort needed to get the bluetooth to work is considerably lower. As I've mentioned it in the other thread - now bluetooth mouse works across both Windows 7 Pro (MBR, main HDD) and OSX (GPT, Caddy) without the need to re-pair it. Magic mouse also works fine and doesn't drop connection as it used to happen with DW1702 card.

Same here, FWIW. All I had to do was manually patch in the same mods for the 10.9.1 AppleHDA kext (for chameleon usage) and everything else works as normal. Not sure what the benefits are as Apple's changelog is typically anorexic, but Mavericks is happily chugging along at the moment.

question, are files from main post and post #5 the same for 14R? because i tried with both of them with same result, i would like to know what im doing wrong. i had 10.9 with chameleon installed but im not 100% satisfied with the result.