10.4.8 by JaS just posted an hour from the time of this post!

jbardi

322 posts in this topic

I applied Jas 10.4.8 update, it worked fine! ;)

Can I download the 10.4.8 intel update, use pacifist to extract all Ati*.kext to replace my all Ati*.kext on my Extensions folder? (After that edit ATIRadeon9700.kext, ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin for Callisto's fb...blabla follow again from Callisto's guide (version 008))

Does it work with the new kexts?

my VGA: X850 XTPE (AGP 8X)

Thanks for all ideas

haha thats funny. i think jas made this becuase kiko took a shot at jas on his description of his combo update saying "This is a combo update so it can be installed over any version of os x not just 10.4.7 like Jas's Release"

this is good though.

i just installed 10.4.7 with jas's disc and i forgot to install the support for the gma 900.

is there any way i can still install that piece without reinstalling the whole os over again?

Yes,mount the install dvd and open it to /system/installation/packages and the gma 900 support pkg in in that folder.

Good Luck

JaS you are my god!!!!

Wiped my hard drive after installing the JaS 10.4.8 update and reinstalled JaS 10.4.7 on my Samsung X20. The update itself worked out fine but I had some serious mouse issues so I decided to reinstall everything and don't know if It is really necessary to upgrade to 4.8 if 4.7 is running like it should.

..never mess with a running system...?

Using –v and my external monitor connected the installation took 20min. After checking out “about my mac” I was surprised to find out, that now I have CI&QE supported, so in the end the nuisance of having to reinstall everything did have something good. I guess I will never understand computers…

Wihtout any further config changes, all hardware works except the Intel 2200 WiFi which I guess is normal… and I can’t get my synaptic touchpad to scroll and the sleep function doesn't work.

Software works now as well: On last install I had a choppy slideshow with iphoto which now is gone as well as a much more fluent Photoshop & Flash experience.

Samsung X20 1.6 GHZ 2GB DDR RAM 80GB HDD Dualboot OS X 10.4.7 (JaS) & Win XP

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900:

Chipset Model: GMA 900

Type: VGA-Compatible Controller

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2592

Revision ID: 0x0003

Displays:

Display:

Display Type: LCD

Resolution: 1400 x 1050

Depth: 32-bit Color

Built-In: Yes

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Alright,I have a new Combo update for sse3 users ready,pm me for a direct download link and please report back with your results.

I know it works but want to see how it holds up for some of you before it gets to the torrent sites.

you can install this on top of any version of os x 10.4.4-10.4.8.

Alright,I have a new Combo update for sse3 users ready,pm me for a direct download link and please report back with your results.

I know it works but want to see how it holds up for some of you before it gets to the torrent sites.

please up to <demonoid>

I don'y know how to pm you

do you have ftp

I don'y know how to pm you

You've got to be kidding.

One way (of many):

In each posting window frame, in the bottom left corner, find "ONLINE CARD PM" or "OFFLINE CARD PM".

Go to a posting by JaS and click the PM button.

Okay kiddies, I found a major glaring hole in hack installs. Moral of the story - never use pacifist. Third party utilities are {censored}, trust apple with the utilities it provided you with!

Don't USE PACIFIST IT; BREAKS SYMLINKS AT THE ROOT LEVEL.

The following script will find broken symlinks on your install. There is a sligh bug where it picks up on .sizes files in reciepts, so just disregard that. This will enable you to fix your system so all aspects of OSX should start working.

# By victori  - give credit you stupid {censored}s!
# ruby broken.rb
require 'find'

Find.find("/") do |source|

if File.symlink?(source)
	#puts "sym: #{source}"
	unless File.file?(source) or File.directory?(source)
		puts "broken: #{source}"
	end
end
end

That's what I was waiting to hear,thanks for posting back.

boot hangs after restart

startup screen comes up then hangs

not a bit of the "blue bar"' visibile

I installed 3 times with full erase

I install only the first 2 patches from 10.4.7

Hello , GT fo Jas & Kiko , but what is it ????

Dont Steal Mac OS X:

Version: 6.0.0

Last Modified: 23.09.06 12:31

Get Info String: Copyright © 2006 Apple Computer, Inc. All rights reserved.

The purpose of this Apple software is to protect Apple copyrighted materials from unauthorized copying and use. You may not copy, modify, reverse engineer, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, transfer or redistribute this file, in whole or in part. If you have obtained a copy of this Apple software and do not have a valid license from Apple Computer to use it, please immediately destroy or delete it from your computer.

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext

kext Version: 6.0.0

Load Address: 0x29bf6000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.driver.AppleSMC: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Integrity: Kext is modified

????????????????????

in 10.4.7 this is kext using ????

bad news!!

after installing combo update and repair permission

my system freeze everytimes and i couldn´t do anything!!

do you have a new 10.4.8

I'm curious to test

Serious issue and not cosmetic: with JaS 10.4.8 delta update

I cannot boot to the Safe Mode GUI, instead I get a red blank screen.

For me this is a serious issue...

Please test F8, -x ...

I have Intel PIV with SSE3, and video Sapphire ATI Radeon AGP x1600 512 MB.

Cheers

@JaS - Running the script again got me to a login screen at restart where the system would hang in 3-4 seconds. Even in verbose mode.

@KiKo - I could not find my JaS 10.4.4 - 10.4.5 DVD so I installed from an old 10.4.3 - Your combo update fails there and at restart system hangs at the grey apple boot screen. I am just letting you know.

I made the mistake of installing Kiko final over JaS, I now have lost hardware info in System Profiler, it says:

There was an error while gathering this information.

And it didn't fix the safe mode gui boot.

So I re-installed JaS over that again, but the errors remain the same with the extra one above...

And still have three network cards listed instead of two!

I have not tried any Rosetta stuff yet, but am thinking of downgrading to 10.4.7, a pain but it was a good working system thanks to JaS...

Yes,mount the install dvd and open it to /system/installation/packages and the gma 900 support pkg in in that folder.

Good Luck

JaS,

I have a similar question, I originally installed 10.4.6 from scratch and then used your updater to 10.4.7 and then applies Semjaza decrypts.. anyways, I have a Intel Celeron D 336 which has SSE3 support but my Sys Profiler shows as SSE SSE2.. did I do something wrong when selecting the options?

Is it too late to correct this?

Thanks!

- JaS: Thanks for the update!!!

My processor, like many others here, now says unknown 3.4 Ghz. Which is fine. But I have hyperthreading. I could have swore it said 2 x 3.4 before. But then again I could be imagining things.

Arggh i just fubared my installed. I accidently clicked on the update again and forced closed it. My Gutt was saying to re-install the update again but for some stupid reason i didn't. Is there anyway i can apply the update again through single mode or xp? I really don't want to re-install everything from scratch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tried in single mode the following command but it didn't seem like it was doing anything.

Path is in /usr/sbin

installer -pkg /JaS.10.4.8.Update.Intel.Only.pkg -target '/Volumes/Mac OSX'

it just sits there until i press Ctrl + C.

Is there any other way of putting this update on without being able to boot into OSX itself? Please help Jas if you can :)

JaS, what's the procedure that you followed? 1st install MacOSX 10.4.7 JaS Version and then your famous new Combo pack (SSE3)?

Is that the right way?

I didn't install the combo pack. Just his Update version off of demonoid. Try that out :)