10.4.8 by JaS just posted an hour from the time of this post!

jbardi

322 posts in this topic

Well the thing is I dont have any amd patches set up , and it seems most ppl want to use myzar's release for amd.

So should I just give up and only do intel?

The problem is that Myzar only hacks OSX as sport to show up Apple's (feeble?) attempts to lock out hackers. He produces primarily AMD hacks because he has an AMD machine. If he tires of showing up Apple, he probably won't produce any more hacks.

Plus, is he even working on hacking 10.4.8 for AMD? Haven't heard anything from him. Perhaps he is hard at work?

When I upgraded to 10.4.7 from .6, Spotlight stopped working.... so I had to completely re-install OSX. Can anyone report to me that version 10.4.8 that Spotlight still works?

I'm still on .6 for that very reason.

kinda the same here. Installed the JaS 10.4.7 on my Toshiba laptop (A110-225 / Centrino Core Duo T2050 @ 1.6GHz). I tried several install options, like: only SSE2, only SSE3, only the Intel Combo. All these options won't completly boot the system. It's getting stuck at the blue screen just after the grey screen with the apple logo.

Luckly I had a 10.4.6 DVD hanging around. Installing with only the Intel Combo worked for me.

Just did the JaS 10.4.8 intel only update and that's going fine except for the unknown CPU display in the "about this mac"

Keep up the good work!!!

EDIT!!! Networking isn't working and Safari stops working when you hit enter to open a website. Same goes for software updater.... Not that there is anything to update...

I wanted to add this:

System suspend works great for me now... I have no idea why, because before it used to make the box unresponsive and I had to hard reboot.

My suspicion is as follows, re-tracing my steps:

Initially I upgraded to 10.4.8 with JaS, and the suspend mode had the problem.

Then I re-installed 10.4.7 and upgraded with kiko, then updated with JaS over it because Kiko ended with little error before optimization, then corrected System Profiler hardware issue by replacing SPPlateformReporter.spreporter from 10.4.7.

I guess that between the two of them Kiko's combo and JaS 10.4.8 updates corrected the faulty suspend mode...

JaS,

i really think that you should work on a AMD release...

i know Intel is good but except for their new core 2 duo, AMD has alway been rated better

Hackintosh is really sort-of leaning toward the Intel side with the latest 10.4.8, because the only stable release has been from you and only support Intel.

I think that you should give AMD a chance, they're not bad CPUs in any way.

Thanks Jas, you're the man. Update went smoothly for me other than it showing 0mhz for processor (no big deal). The main thing that's bugging me is when I'm in console, text editor, or even in the address bar of Firefox and I want to move the cursor via the left and right commands it's dog slow when holding it down. I'm not sure if this started with the 10.4.8 patch or 10.4.7 patch, because I did both today. I actually just installed OSX on my Thinkpad yesterday thanks to your 10.4.6 DVD iso.

Well the thing is I dont have any amd patches set up , and it seems most ppl want to use myzar's release for amd.

So should I just give up and only do intel?

How about a collaboration between you two? Two of the great minds behind the most successfull hacked OSX DVD installs in the scene? If possible of course. Each have their strenghts on specific platforms.

In any case, you're all doing a great job and thanks for what was, and hopefully what will be.

Plus, is [Myzar] even working on hacking 10.4.8 for AMD? Haven't heard anything from him. Perhaps he is hard at work?
He might have preferred to release his latest products under different nicks... :whistle: With such a cover he can avoid an incessant assault of questions. Of course I might be completely and utterly wrong.

After updating, when I go into the 'About This Mac' window and click on either software updates or 'more info...' the desktop completely reloads. I can check for updates by just going to the Software Update in the menu, but not in the About This Mac Page. Both of these buttons worked for me in 10.4.7... I used the SSE3 patch, and I did move the patchflight file. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sorry if it's mentioned in the thread; it's too long to read over :)

Edit: The desktop also reloads when I exit the 'About This Mac' window. When I mean the desktop reloads, the resolution is reset and all of my programs aren't open anymore. It's as if I just booted up into the OS.

Im using AMD and I use your DVD JaS. It's working great! ;)

I would like to see a good 10.4.8 too somewhere in the feature, if you have the resources and time for it.

This is not a demand, just saying that I would like it very much! :D

Greetz, bananaman.

Just search JaS 10.4.8 they will both come up,the sse3 and sse2 updates.

JaS, thank you very much for your great job!!

Apple should pay you really much money!!

Cause my next Hardware is gonna be a MacBook Pro!!!!

This is the best way to try OSX.

But now, first at all, i have some qustions:

i'm just using osx86 for two weeks. have downloaded the 10.4.7 AMD/Intel Repack (from piratebay) and install it on my A8N-SLI Deluxe Board with Winchester CPU (only SSE2).

So the installation was clear! Checked AMD Kernel and AMD Combo at custom install-menu.

After reading here about the advantages of SSE3, i changed yesterday to a Venice Core CPU (SSE3).

Bought only for OSX!!!

So i want to make a new fresh Install with my 10.4.7 Repack DVD.

Now my Question: Are the AMD packages sse3 enabled??

Or should i handle this venice as an Intel.SSE3 (theor. Possible?!?) ?

The next Question depending of the first question:

What is with the 10.4.8 Update for AMD?

at third:

i just missed both fridays for demonoid, can someone help me for the last JaS Update...

:tomato:

THANKS!!!!

The upgrade process was flawless :thumbsdown_anim: thanks to JaS ......

System performance was great :(

Great ^_^

Im using AMD and I use your DVD JaS. It's working great! :(

I would like to see a good 10.4.8 too somewhere in the feature, if you have the resources and time for it.

This is not a demand, just saying that I would like it very much! :)

Greetz, bananaman.

I have started work on this also SSE3 and SSE2 combo updates for AMD

I got a pickle. First i downloaded the 10.4.6 DVD HOT ISO and installed and everything seemed to be working just fine but no ethernet, even though my card is under the HCL (intel PRO/100 VE) and i read somewhere that it needed the Kext for appleintelGMA855, and if it did have it i would just have to change my vendor and divice ID to 0x808627de but its not installed on the system at all. So i downloaded tulip and used that and still no luck, followed all the instructions from the wikipage and the install and make files that were actually downloaded. So like an idiot i installed the combo 10.4.8 update from the apple website and now the furthest my boot gets is the darwin loader and my system reboots. So any ideas on that? if not no big deal, ill just reformat with the 4.6 load and use the 4.7 load i just downloaded from JaS. So once i install that i can still install the update combo package from apple i just need pacifist? so i can only install certain files? which files do i not want? If i do this will it help with my lack of Kext? or is there a much more simple route to get my ethernet working? any reply to any part would be truly appreciated. Thanks

I got a pickle. First i downloaded the 10.4.6 DVD HOT ISO and installed and everything seemed to be working just fine but no ethernet, even though my card is under the HCL (intel PRO/100 VE) and i read somewhere that it needed the Kext for appleintelGMA855, and if it did have it i would just have to change my vendor and divice ID to 0x808627de but its not installed on the system at all. So i downloaded tulip and used that and still no luck, followed all the instructions from the wikipage and the install and make files that were actually downloaded. So like an idiot i installed the combo 10.4.8 update from the apple website and now the furthest my boot gets is the darwin loader and my system reboots. So any ideas on that? if not no big deal, ill just reformat with the 4.6 load and use the 4.7 load i just downloaded from JaS. So once i install that i can still install the update combo package from apple i just need pacifist? so i can only install certain files? which files do i not want? If i do this will it help with my lack of Kext? or is there a much more simple route to get my ethernet working? any reply to any part would be truly appreciated. Thanks

After you install the 10.4.7 iso,just download and install the Patched 10.4.8 update ,its on Demonoid ... just search JaS

yea, its on demonoid but i cant get it, do you know if its shared anywere else? ive tried piratebay, mininova,torrentspy,isohunt......you get the idea. Unless i can get an invite code from anyone.

I'll give you an invite if you will keep your ratio up,If not I could lose my account there for inviting ppl that do not share.

Great :)

I have started work on this also SSE3 and SSE2 combo updates for AMD

HUmmmm... It appears that sooner than we thought a 10.4.8 Install DVD maybe avaiable...

Keep the good work JaS!

thats not a problem. my e-mail is michael.quarters@gmail.com

please let me know so i can jsut remove the post when you get it

Invite sent,check your pm box here on insanelymac

HUmmmm... It appears that sooner than we thought a 10.4.8 Install DVD maybe avaiable...

Keep the good work JaS!

Thanks,I will :)

I've an r2d2.kext error (Mac OS say that it empty but il's loaded) with your update, Jas.

How to resolve that ?

I've an Intel Pentium 4 HT with 512 MB DDR SDRAM and an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for my English

BMikeG