Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Let my understand, as you say me, i have to unlock bios with scewin, after this, i have to extract bios from ami capsule and use it with ftp it' right?

first unlock your bios write protection using sce, reboot.

for any biosmods I recommend to dump the running bios using fpt: fpt -d bios.rom

the best way to rework your bios is a native dump of the running machine, cause it keeps your

nvram, dmi and smbios data

and there's no more capsule header you'd need to worry about.

´

• Like 1

hI, attached there is your bios with ozmosis Stuff inside, Filesytem replaced by enhanchedfat, added hfsplus,partitiondxe, ozmosis ozmosisdefaults, try at your risk!

Have you some mechanism to reover from bad bios flashing?

Aigors, I'm a complete newb at this so please bear with me :)

I have the Asus Maximus V Gene board also, so I'll try this BIOS and report back. Thank you for providing this!

Should this version you provided allow installation of both vanilla Mavericks and Yosemite Preview?

My Gfx cards are 2x GTX 680 SLI, so those should work natively I think, albeit not SLI.

maximus-v-gene-asus-ozmo894m-1903.zip

Hi, for Yosemite you have to add to your boot-flag kext-dev=1, you can use ozmosisdefault into bios that you can download from first post in thread, but for what i know it's ignored by ozmosis 894, maybe work with 828, but now i'm out of my house and i cant make bios with this, you have to wait tonight and i provide you a bios with 828 with ozmosisdefault for Yosemite without uneeded modules, if you want to try by yourself, and you have a nvram working on your mobo, you can try to add to boot flag kext-dev=1 via nvram command and try to boot Yosemite usb.

OFF TOPIC can you point me to some doc howto make a vanilla usb with Yosemite?

Many thanks

Ok i managed to run SCE and got the nvram.txt then edited the two Bios Locks and ran SCE again to flash back, had errors but said successfull. Rebooted to run FPT to extract bios.rom and says it dosn't have read access.

Ok i managed to run SCE and got the nvram.txt then edited the two Bios Locks and ran SCE again to flash back, had errors but said successfull. Rebooted to run FPT to extract bios.rom and says it dosn't have read access.

Hi pjalm, can you please tell me where i can download a fpt version compatible with z97 chipset? my versio is named 2012 and cant read z97 chipset.

In my board i'v successuflly unlock bios like Riley show me 

on Z77? are you sure you have the correct fpt version?

Hi pjalm, can you please tell me where i can download a fpt version compatible with z97 chipset? my versio is named 2012 and cant read z97 chipset.

In my board i'v successuflly unlock bios like Riley show me 

edit, for dos only actually: http://rghost.net/56923159

• Like 1

folks -

I have a ga-x79-up4 & i7-4930k (ivb-e). currently running bios f7. I've tried all bios' back to f4 and none have unlocked nvram for this board. there are earlier non ivb-e support bios' on tweaktown (f3*), but i'm not sure if:

a) they have unlocked nvram

B) I can update those older bios with ivb-e support

on the recommendation of some of this thread I already tried removing the nvramsmi module from the bios with uefitool and flashing, but that was no go. causes a reboot on boot OSX.

i'm looking for ideas on what else to try? the scewin_64 approach gives nothing (nvram.txt contains nothing useful).

am I right in the understanding I've garnered that the issue is that the gigabyte boards don't have backward compatibility for uefi 1.x calls due to a newer ami aptio, only uefi 2.3.x, as opposed to a simple lock that is on asus?

or is this wide of the mark? sorry - trying to get up speed on the issue and read as much as I can, but info in this area is hard to come by.

let me know if there's anything I can share that might help you to help me ... (bios, nvram.txt, etc).

thats the one i hav

I compiled the lastest flashrom (1830) for DOS today, would be very interesting to get a dump of

flashrom -p internal -V >flashrom.txt

on pastebin for a review. Anyway you can try to read your bios with

flashrom -p internal -r bios.rom

start cwsdpmi.exe before ;)Z87 is already supported by flashrom.

Someone uses the AMD video card? How do I get Ozmosis bootloader recognize the card: AMD Radeon HD7750? 
After booting, I get no video signal.

maybe you have to edit DSDT and insert into bios