HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

Yep I wasn't using the port injector as with it, none of the USB 3.0 devices transfer to the USB 2.0 port except my fingerprint scanner which is the same without the injector. I checked ioreg on my end using the port injector and it does remove the ports that are not connected, but still no internal device switches from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 except that scanner.  With the Mux it causes the rest of my devices to not recognize. One thing it does work though, if I connect my phone via USB, it does come up as USB 2.0 in System Profiler so that works just not the internal devices except the fingerprint scanner.

Edit: I see now, with the port injector and running the grep command, I no longer get the create ports error. I'll update my ioreg with the port injector with and without Mux.

Here is the updated files and I used IORegistryExplorer for the ioreg and attached my Clover folder for 10.11.

Try making XSEL and ESEL in DSDT do nothing...

Also, try removing kUSBMuxEnabled from the port injector.

Double check BIOS settings.

I see the problem... in script (I really don't like bash that much).

Please update to the latest version.

Note: To run ./disassemble.sh, you must run with a "clean" Clover ACPI config.

Removed & Reinstalled Clover_v2.3k_r3202 but the same problem...

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202015-07-16%20a

Removed & Reinstalled Clover_v2.3k_r3202 but the same problem...

Nothing to do with Clover.

You forgot to 'git pull' to update your copy of the repo.

Here is the updated files and I used IORegistryExplorer for the ioreg and attached my Clover folder for 10.11.

There is also other strange things about your DSDT:

If (LOr (_OSI ("Darwin"), _OSI ("Windows 2009")))
                {
                    If (LOr (LEqual (_REV, 0x03), LEqual (_REV, 0x05)))
                    {
                        Store (0x03E9, OSYS)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Store (0x07D9, OSYS)
                    }
                }
So.. we don't really know what OSYS is being set to... Not sure what _REV is on OS X.

You could find out with ACPIDebug.kext.

Nothing to do with Clover.

You forgot to 'git pull' to update your copy of the repo.

There is also other strange things about your DSDT:

If (LOr (_OSI ("Darwin"), _OSI ("Windows 2009")))
                {
                    If (LOr (LEqual (_REV, 0x03), LEqual (_REV, 0x05)))
                    {
                        Store (0x03E9, OSYS)
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        Store (0x07D9, OSYS)
                    }
                }
So.. we don't really know what OSYS is being set to... Not sure what _REV is on OS X.

You could find out with ACPIDebug.kext.

Ok, it worked, but now i'm seeing this.

Captura%20de%20pantalla%202015-07-16%20a

Ok, it worked, but now i'm seeing this.

Did you prepare your USB as per guide? Did you use it to boot? Did you run 'make cleanallex' as the guide recommends when repatching?

In order to get a clean extract (in ./disassemble.sh), you need to have a 'clean' Clover configuration wrt ACPI. It is discussed in detail a few posts back.

Did you prepare your USB as per guide? Did you use it to boot? Did you run 'make cleanallex' as the guide recommends when repatching?

In order to get a clean extract (in ./disassemble.sh), you need to have a 'clean' Clover configuration wrt ACPI. It is discussed in detail a few posts back.

RehabMan I'm going to reinstall OS X Yosemite from 0. I'll save my serial, mlb, etc to do a clean installation with your guide. 

I'll tell you, I hope it works.

Thank you very much

Hi gygabyte666, I just saw your thread and I'd like to ask you a few things cause I'm the owner of a HP Envy 15-j100el, a laptop that is very similar to yours. I just installed Yosemite 10.10.2 (recently updated to 10.10.4 version) but I still need to fix somethings:

- Audio: speakers on top don't work and also the same things applies to 3,5mm output for headset. If I put my earphones's jack I can hear the typical "groak" but sound still comes off of bottom subwoofers (which work). If there's no solution for speakers on top no problem, but I'd like to enable sound on earphones (on specs HP says it's a 4 speakers 2 subwoofer Beats Audio system, but on Windows it uses IDT high definition audio drivers so it's basically a Realtek audio set)

- Card reader: I googled enough to see that there's no solution because it's Realtek made

- Webcam: it doesn't work, but I still don't know if there's a kext for HP Truevision HD webcam

- Bluetooth: same as webcam. Indeed not a big loss for me, because I don't use it, but if there's a solution I wouldn't mind to have it ready to use (like wifi it's a Mediatek/Ralink stuff)

- Sleep: if I push I/O button it just turn off the screen. If there's a way to enable it, I'd be very happy to enable this feature

- Temporary mouse freeze: soon after I logged in for a couple of seconds it seems freezes, than it keeps going work quite good. It's nothing serious, but if there's a solution I'd be glad to fix that little problem. More an aesthetic fix than other 

Can you tell me if there's something I can fix? Thank you so much!

Update: In the meantime I discovered that audio on headset works if battery is connected in my laptop, about sleep I noticed that if I close my laptop's lid the OS seems to turn off for a while but soon after it turn on again. So seems like that this features are in some way enabled but they needs something like a code fix..

Hi gygabyte666, I just saw your thread and I'd like to ask you a few things cause I'm the owner of a HP Envy 15-j100el, a laptop that is very similar to yours. I just installed Yosemite 10.10.2 (recently updated to 10.10.4 version) but I still need to fix somethings:

- Audio: speakers on top don't work and also the same things applies to 3,5mm output for headset. If I put my earphones's jack I can hear the typical "groak" but sound still comes off of bottom subwoofers (which work). If there's no solution for speakers on top no problem, but I'd like to enable sound on earphones (on specs HP says it's a 4 speakers 2 subwoofer Beats Audio system, but on Windows it uses IDT high definition audio drivers so it's basically a Realtek audio set)

- Card reader: I googled enough to see that there's no solution because it's Realtek made

- Webcam: it doesn't work, but I still don't know if there's a kext for HP Truevision HD webcam

- Bluetooth: same as webcam. Indeed not a big loss for me, because I don't use it, but if there's a solution I wouldn't mind to have it ready to use (like wifi it's a Mediatek/Ralink stuff)

- Sleep: if I push I/O button it just turn off the screen. If there's a way to enable it, I'd be very happy to enable this feature

- Temporary mouse freeze: soon after I logged in for a couple of seconds it seems freezes, than it keeps going work quite good. It's nothing serious, but if there's a solution I'd be glad to fix that little problem. More an aesthetic fix than other 

Can you tell me if there's something I can fix? Thank you so much!

You can try my updated files for 10.10 here. Everything works except the card reader. Make sure you installed the latest Clover boot loader and repair permissions and cache.

• Like 1

Hi Andrw0380 thanks for your reply! I download your folder but first I'd like to ask you few things. What's about DummyHDA kext? And do VoodooPS2Controller kext enables webcam? Because my mouse and keyboard work perfectly (touchpad, scrolling, backlight, volume, brightness play/pause/forward keys..) so first I'd like to know if this kext enables some feature I still don't have on Yosemite. Then I'd like to know which kext you gave me enables fixed sleep. Thank you again!!

Hi Andrw0380 thanks for your reply! I download your folder but first I'd like to ask you few things. What's about DummyHDA kext? And do VoodooPS2Controller kext enables webcam? Because my mouse and keyboard work perfectly (touchpad, scrolling, backlight, volume, brightness play/pause/forward keys..) so first I'd like to know if this kext enables some feature I still don't have on Yosemite. Then I'd like to know which kext you gave me enables fixed sleep. Thank you again!!

DummyHDA is for updated audio. With the IDT kext that was downloaded before the amber mute light would stay on when playing music and the top speakers were not working. The webcam works with the DSDT and SSDT files in the Clover > ACPI > patched folder. The VoodooPS2Contoller is for an updated keyboard and mouse driver.

Fine, thank you! So I just need to delete DSDT and SSDT file in my Clover folder with the ones you supplied, right?

Yep and make sure you repair permission and rebuild cache with Kext Utility or Kext Wizard to make sure all the kexts provided will load.

Edit: Use files here my first upload on post #700 was corrupted

• Like 1

Listen Andrw0380, I just changed SSDT and DSDT but still Yosemite doesn't see my webcam.. However, I don't know if it depends from this change, seems like that now sleep mode works fine. Indeed it needs a dozen of seconds more that sleep on Windows 8 to put OS on standby but at least it seems to work. Even mouse soon after login seems now a little bit smoother than before.

What do you think, what may I have been wrong with the webcam?

config.plists in first post have 

< 

and 

>

in various places... just fyi gygabyte666  -- would be nice to clean those turds up next release.

also, in 1010 im stuck on "still waiting for root device" and then the screen goes to a ghostbusters symbol (yep im from the 80s, sue me lol) am I missing a kext? what should my storage settings be in clover? what uefi storage drivers are appropriate? halp!

What is the new procedure that activates imessage and facetime on osx 10.10.2~10.10.4 ?
I've already followed some steps like this ,didn't work,
Another steps that I've seen on insanelymac that latest procedure is to use original serial,MLB,ROM, In which case I've none so I was unable to activate imessage.
Anyone activated imessage and facetime ? If so, then please share .
Thanks.

FYI: I think the problem with FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is actually a USB2/EHC1 problem as I outline here in the USB post for 10.11...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/page-10?do=findComment&comment=2158359

The appropriate changes to the injector could certainly be made based on data in the DSDT...

I'm on el capitan. I have hp envy touchsmart 15t-j000.  I have Azureware CE123H combo card installed. I use Fakepciiud 4352 to enable wifi and bcrmbluetoothinjector for Bluetooth. Bluetooth 4.0 is enabled, but nothing is able to connect to it. As it is trying to connect, f12 is flashing red and white repeatedly and finally fails to connect on screen.  I have to log into windows and hit restart to get back to clover and log into el capitan. When I do that the f12 light is solid white and I am able to connect my devices to Bluetooth. When I turn off my lap and turn it back on, log into el capitan, the f12 button is back to being red and when trying to connect a device it blinks repeatedly. Is there a kext or something that could fix it so that my combocard can automatically enable my Bluetooth card so I don't have to have it being enabled through windows yet while i'm booting into el capitan?

I'm on el capitan. I have hp envy touchsmart 15t-j000.  I have Azureware CE123H combo card installed. I use Fakepciiud 4352 to enable wifi and bcrmbluetoothinjector for Bluetooth. Bluetooth 4.0 is enabled, but nothing is able to connect to it. As it is trying to connect, f12 is flashing red and white repeatedly and finally fails to connect on screen.  I have to log into windows and hit restart to get back to clover and log into el capitan. When I do that the f12 light is solid white and I am able to connect my devices to Bluetooth. When I turn off my lap and turn it back on, log into el capitan, the f12 button is back to being red and when trying to connect a device it blinks repeatedly. Is there a kext or something that could fix it so that my combocard can automatically enable my Bluetooth card so I don't have to have it being enabled through windows yet while i'm booting into el capitan?

I can confirm that also. On latest beta and latest Bluetooth Injector but still flashes red and white while searching for devices. @Rehabman is there a specific cause that could cause this? Does your Lenova have the CE123H WiFi/Bluetooth? 

Also haven't seen it posted but has anyone had slow WiFi after sleep? I have a relative clean config.plist with just the 5GHZ patch there,  my DSDT and the FakePCI_BCM4352 kext.

When I get a chance, I'll put a bcm4352 in my ProBook 4540s to see how it behaves -- it has the LED indicator.

Problem is... I don't have many BT devices to test with. I keep looking for a nice BT mouse, but there don't seem to be any, all wireless mice seem to have proprietary dongle. I should buy an Apple trackpad just to play with.

Also, I have a version of BrcmPatchRAM almost (re)written for 10.11, but just haven't had time to finish/test/debug it. Eventually... Having our own firmware uploader could be useful in the event that the uploader in 10.11 is not working for non-native hardware.

What is the vendor/device-id of your BT device?

USB\VID_0A5C&PID_21FB for the Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

Same as mine... (I have two Azurewave BCM94352HMB cards, both have this BT device).

Product Id: 0x3404

Vendor ID: 0x13d3

Hmm... different than the usual for the Azurewave BCM94352HMB.