HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

10.10.1 CLOVER method

config.plist.

the only changes to config.plist from post #676  are.

1 Kernel and Kext tab: patch AppleHDAController (2), AppleIntelHD5000Graphics, AppleIntelFramebufferAzul as shown in “kernel and kext 10.10.1”

into S/L/E

2) install kexts    IDT92HD91BXXInject.kext , IntelHD4600Inject.kext  - gygabyte666

3) install kext      AppleHDA.kext (267.0) from  AppleHDA For Yosemite - AppleHDA - InsanelyMac Forum  -Mirone - attached

Don't use HDAenabler3.kext or DummyHDA.kext-  you are now using IDT92HD91BXXInject.kext as your injector and still using layout 12 in dsdt

4) dsdt and sdst-4.aml remains the same as in post #676

modify your frame buffer

5) in terminal modify  AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext per AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh v3.0 Beta | Pike's Universum for Hdmi operation- Piker-Alpha

> my md5 for AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul) = 655c575c4e827b35390ab2937c8c52d2

keep in mind you can alternately modify AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext in Clover/KextsToPatch for Hdmi but it did not work for me.

6) Kextwizard S/L/E repair Perms and Cache

Good Luck

post-531483-0-22410100-1428539355_thumb.png

post-531483-0-71651300-1428539398_thumb.png

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Hey gygabyte666, I have updated the files from your previous Yosemite files if you want to give it a try. I updated everything I use except the Readme file you had uploaded a few months back. This works perfect for me with HDMI audio, QE/CI and even the WiFi light is white like in Windows. My DSDT and SSDT's are also attached. Using Rehabman's Envy and Laptop repo, I compiled it and even though my DSDT.aml contains errors, everything I tested works and no errors were reported on the DSDT.dsl so the conversion process caused MaciAsl to show errors. Maybe you can take a quick look in how to fix them?

Thanks so much for your help, I thought it is the least I can do since you uploaded it before to update it. Thanks everyone who worked on this compilation. Tested and working on 10.10.3 beta.

Well this is very unexpected. Thank you very much for posting this up! This should really help out all the people who have been patiently waiting around for me to re-upload something for Yosemite. I still plan to try to get my own personal setup files sorted out first, just to make sure that it gets done but I will certainly check out what you've put up here too and get back to you if I come across anything that can be added to it. Thanks again for this. ^_^

Hey gygabyte666, I have updated the files from your previous Yosemite files if you want to give it a try. I updated everything I use except the Readme file you had uploaded a few months back. This works perfect for me with HDMI audio, QE/CI and even the WiFi light is white like in Windows. My DSDT and SSDT's are also attached. Using Rehabman's Envy and Laptop repo, I compiled it and even though my DSDT.aml contains errors, everything I tested works and no errors were reported on the DSDT.dsl so the conversion process caused MaciAsl to show errors. Maybe you can take a quick look in how to fix them?

Thanks so much for your help, I thought it is the least I can do since you uploaded it before to update it. Thanks everyone who worked on this compilation. Tested and working on 10.10.3 beta.

There is something wrong with the config.plist file? I can't open it with a plist editor or even Xcode.

I cloned a mac hard drive running yosemite to a new hard drive, installed chameleon and placed the files in the places i think they belong (this is my first time using clover) and put the hd inside the laptop. disabled the UEFI and other stuff but all I get is "No bootable device"

Also I can't open the config.plist file with clover configurator.

There is something wrong with the config.plist file? I can't open it with a plist editor or even Xcode.

I cloned a mac hard drive running yosemite to a new hard drive, installed chameleon and placed the files in the places i think they belong (this is my first time using clover) and put the hd inside the laptop. disabled the UEFI and other stuff but all I get is "No bootable device"

Also I can't open the config.plist file with clover configurator.

Sorry everybody, I just tried it and TextEdit opened it, but Xcode didn't so there must have been a corrupting somewhere. Here is the updated one with the working config.plist tested right from Xcode and Clover Configuration after unzipping

10.10_ENVY_04082015.zip

• Like 1

I still can't get past "No bootable device". is it a boot loader issue or a bios setup problem?

Did you set Clover to install to UEFI only option? Try that with only the OsxaptioFix2Drv-64 selected for the Drivers64UEFI section. Try http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html page under Section 4, it worked for me first time using Clover and replace the provided config.plist with mine and see if it works.

• Like 1

Did you set Clover to install to UEFI only option? Try that with only the OsxaptioFix2Drv-64 selected for the Drivers64UEFI section. Try http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html page under Section 4, it worked for me first time using Clover and replace the provided config.plist with mine and see if it works.

Thanks it worked and booted. I'm at the desktop but the computer is unresponsive to the trackpad, external mouse or keyboard... the computer isn't locked up, I can see the cpu going up and down in iStat. it just won't do anything.

Thanks it worked and booted. I'm at the desktop but the computer is unresponsive to the trackpad, external mouse or keyboard... the computer isn't locked up, I can see the cpu going up and down in iStat. it just won't do anything.

Did you load the VoodooPS2Controller.kext provided in the package to S/L/E? Try running Kext Utility or Kext Wizard as I remember having an issue before where some kexts wouldn't load until I ran the fix permissions which included the VoodooPS2Controller one.

You might have to use Clover Configuration to set the serial number value for SMBIOS as I had to remove the value I use which could also cause the issue. Use the magic wand icon in Clover Configuration to see an example of the Serial number so you can pick random numbers to select it.

• Like 1

Did you load the VoodooPS2Controller.kext provided in the package to S/L/E? Try running Kext Utility or Kext Wizard as I remember having an issue before where some kexts wouldn't load until I ran the fix permissions which included the VoodooPS2Controller one.

You might have to use Clover Configuration to set the serial number value for SMBIOS as I had to remove the value I use which could also cause the issue. Use the magic wand icon in Clover Configuration to see an example of the Serial number so you can pick random numbers to select it.

I used kext wizard to repair the extensions folders and now it works almost perfect, also i had set a serial number already, Thank you very much :D

the only problem i have now is that only one usb port works., the left bottom one. is this normal? also one other and I think last question, how do you update the system? I'm running 10.10.1. is it safe to just update via the App Store?

That is weird. I know most systems are different for USB so my DSDT might not be setup correctly for your system. I just upgraded from 10.10.1 to the latest updates each time they were fine on updating. My Boot Graphics fix in config.plist under KextstoPatch works for 10.10.3 so when you boot up your system, you shouldn't have the corrupted graphics on the Apple logo. Thanks for testing the package, good to know it boots and most stuff works, it is weird on the USB issue, try updating first to see if that fixes it, but it might be something else the is causing the issue. I know I can even sleep on my setup and USB still works afterwards.

That is weird. I know most systems are different for USB so my DSDT might not be setup correctly for your system. I just upgraded from 10.10.1 to the latest updates each time they were fine on updating. My Boot Graphics fix in config.plist under KextstoPatch works for 10.10.3 so when you boot up your system, you shouldn't have the corrupted graphics on the Apple logo. Thanks for testing the package, good to know it boots and most stuff works, it is weird on the USB issue, try updating first to see if that fixes it, but it might be something else the is causing the issue. I know I can even sleep on my setup and USB still works afterwards.

I can't update because the Ethernet also doesn't seem to work.

I can't update because the Ethernet also doesn't seem to work.

If you have RealtekRTL8111.kext applied, do you have any listing of ethernet in Network Preferences? How about if you click the plus, is ethernet in the list. While I am always on WiFi, I can't for certain say ethernet connects to the internet, but I do have Ethernet as a option to connect to.

Edit: I went to my router and connected a cable and I do get internet from my Ethernet. 

If you have RealtekRTL8111.kext applied, do you have any listing of ethernet in Network Preferences? How about if you click the plus, is ethernet in the list. While I am always on WiFi, I can't for certain say ethernet connects to the internet, but I do have Ethernet as a option to connect to.

Edit: I went to my router and connected a cable and I do get internet from my Ethernet. 

I have Ethernet on the network options but it says cable not connected, even though it's clearly connected and the LED by the jack is flashing a bit. I do have that kext on S/L/E.

Also I just noticed my speakers arent working properly. only the bottom ones are audible and very, very faint, the volume control doesnt control the volume coming from them for some reason.

Ok I fixed the booting problems and port problems i was having and updated to 10.10.3 but i don't have audio. I believe VooDooHDA was causing a KP. can someone upload me  wtv audio kext I'm supposed to be using?

EDIT: Nevermind now i have sound but whenever I try to access Energy Saver or Network the System preferences lock up.

I fixed the ethernet and the Energy Saver system settings panel by using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext. am I supposed to do this? 

Also when i close the lid and open it the screen doesn't light back up, but the computer is clearly awake and functional. I have to hard restart.

I fixed the ethernet and the Energy Saver system settings panel by using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext. am I supposed to do this? 

Also when i close the lid and open it the screen doesn't light back up, but the computer is clearly awake and functional. I have to hard restart.

I was just wondering, did you perform a clean install before making those changes? I know each CPU has it's own Speedstep, you may need to try this and follow directions and replace my ssdt-3.aml with the one it creates for your system. The IONetworkingFamily.kext should be included be default, but if ethernet works with that, you should be able to use that without side effects. Out of curiosity, what model of system do you have as there could be a difference between mine and yours.

I was just wondering, did you perform a clean install before making those changes? I know each CPU has it's own Speedstep, you may need to try this and follow directions and replace my ssdt-3.aml with the one it creates for your system. The IONetworkingFamily.kext should be included be default, but if ethernet works with that, you should be able to use that without side effects. Out of curiosity, what model of system do you have as there could be a difference between mine and yours.

I didn't do a clean install, I cloned the hard drive from my 2010 macbook. my envy model is 17t-j000 quad. does the screen not turning back on have something to do with power management? the computer isn't asleep. just the screen won't turn on. this is literally the only problem I appear to have now. it happened before using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

I didn't do a clean install, I cloned the hard drive from my 2010 macbook. my envy model is 17t-j000 quad. does the screen not turning back on have something to do with power management? the computer isn't asleep. just the screen won't turn on. this is literally the only problem I appear to have now. it happened before using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Yeah the power management and your video card are the main reasons for not sleeping. For power management for the Envy 17-j000 series, you only need the ssdt for your system that defines the CPU and how it processes information. The link I provided created mine ssdt.aml file which I renamed to ssdt-3.aml which has provided me great CPU management on my system. This code by Rehabman can be applied to you DSDT and your ssdt-4.aml which should enable sleep.

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches
#graphics_PNLF_haswell.txt

# This patch enables the brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays
# and will also enable activation of sleep mode by closing
# the laptop lid.
#
# This particular version is intended to be used with ACPIBacklight.kext
# although it can also be used with AppleBacklight.kext,
# provided AppleBacklight.kext is patched to recognize your
# display or an injector is used to set brightness levels.
#
# See this thread for more information:
#     http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/121031-native-brightness-working-without-blinkscreen-using-patched-applebacklight-kext.html
# (also read any linked threads)
#
# Note: This patch should be applied to the DSDT or SSDT that defines
# your integrated graphics device (always at _ADR 0x00020000)
#

into_all device label PNLF remove_entry;
into_all device name_adr 0x00020000 code_regex (OperationRegion\s\(RMPC,\sPCI_Config[^\}]*\}) remove_matched;

into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
OperationRegion (RMPC, PCI_Config, 0x10, 4)\n
Field (RMPC, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)\n
{\n
    BAR1,32,\n
}\n
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
    // normal PNLF declares (note some of this probably not necessary)\n
    Name (_ADR, Zero)\n
    Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
    Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
    Name (_UID, 15)\n
    Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
    //define hardware register access for brightness\n
    // lower nibble of BAR1 is status bits and not part of the address\n
    OperationRegion (BRIT, SystemMemory, And(^BAR1, Not(0xF)), 0xe1184)\n
    Field (BRIT, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)\n
    {\n
        Offset(0x48250),\n
        LEV2, 32,\n
        LEVL, 32,\n
        Offset(0x70040),\n
        P0BL, 32,\n
        Offset(0xc8250),\n
        LEVW, 32,\n
        LEVX, 32,\n
        Offset(0xe1180),\n
        PCHL, 32,\n
    }\n
    // LMAX: use 0xad9/0x56c/0x5db to force OS X value\n
    //       or use any arbitrary value\n
    //       or use 0 to capture BIOS setting\n
    Name (LMAX, 0xad9)\n
    // KMAX: defines the unscaled range in the _BCL table below\n
    Name (KMAX, 0xad9)\n
    // _INI deals with differences between native setting and desired\n
    Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        // This 0xC value comes from looking what OS X initializes this\n
        // register to after display sleep (using ACPIDebug/ACPIPoller)\n
        Store(0xC0000000, LEVW)\n
        // determine LMAX to use\n
        If (LNot(LMAX)) { Store(ShiftRight(LEVX,16), LMAX) }\n
        If (LNot(LMAX)) { Store(KMAX, LMAX) }\n
        If (LNotEqual(LMAX, KMAX))\n
        {\n
            // Scale all the values in _BCL to the PWM max in use\n
            Store(0, Local0)\n
            While (LLess(Local0, SizeOf(_BCL)))\n
            {\n
                Store(DerefOf(Index(_BCL,Local0)), Local1)\n
                Divide(Multiply(Local1,LMAX), KMAX,, Local1)\n
                Store(Local1, Index(_BCL,Local0))\n
                Increment(Local0)\n
            }\n
            // Also scale XRGL and XRGH values\n
            Divide(Multiply(XRGL,LMAX), KMAX,, XRGL)\n
            Divide(Multiply(XRGH,LMAX), KMAX,, XRGH)\n
        }\n
        // adjust values to desired LMAX\n
        Store(ShiftRight(LEVX,16), Local1)\n
        If (LNotEqual(Local1, LMAX))\n
        {\n
            Store(And(LEVX,0xFFFF), Local0)\n
            If (LOr(LNot(Local0),LNot(Local1))) { Store(LMAX, Local0) Store(LMAX, Local1) }\n
            Divide(Multiply(Local0,LMAX), Local1,, Local0)\n
            //REVIEW: wait for vblank before setting new PWM config\n
            //Store(P0BL, Local7)\n
            //While (LEqual (P0BL, Local7)) {}\n
            Store(Or(Local0,ShiftLeft(LMAX,16)), LEVX)\n
        }\n
    }\n
    // _BCM/_BQC: set/get for brightness level\n
    Method (_BCM, 1, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        // store new backlight level\n
        Store(Match(_BCL, MGE, Arg0, MTR, 0, 2), Local0)\n
        If (LEqual(Local0, Ones)) { Subtract(SizeOf(_BCL), 1, Local0) }\n
        Store(Or(DerefOf(Index(_BCL,Local0)),ShiftLeft(LMAX,16)), LEVX)\n
    }\n
    Method (_BQC, 0, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        Store(Match(_BCL, MGE, And(LEVX, 0xFFFF), MTR, 0, 2), Local0)\n
        Return(DerefOf(Index(_BCL, Local0)))\n
    }\n
    Method (_DOS, 1, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        // Note: Some systems have this defined in DSDT, so uncomment\n
        // the next line if that is the case.\n
        //External(^^_DOS, MethodObj)\n
        ^^_DOS(Arg0)\n
    }\n
    // extended _BCM/_BQC for setting "in between" levels\n
    Method (XBCM, 1, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        If (LGreater(Arg0, XRGH)) { Store(XRGH, Arg0) }\n
        If (LAnd(Arg0, LLess(Arg0, XRGL))) { Store(XRGL, Arg0) }\n
        Store(Or(Arg0,ShiftLeft(LMAX,16)), LEVX)\n
    }\n
    Method (XBQC, 0, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        If (LGreater(Local0, XRGH)) { Store(XRGH, Local0) }\n
        If (LAnd(Local0, LLess(Local0, XRGL))) { Store(XRGL, Local0) }\n
        Return(Local0)\n
    }\n
    // Use XOPT=1 to disable smooth transitions\n
    Name (XOPT, Zero)\n
    // XRGL/XRGH: defines the valid range\n
    Name (XRGL, 25)\n
    Name (XRGH, 2777)\n
    // _BCL: returns list of valid brightness levels\n
    // first two entries describe ac/battery power levels\n
    Name (_BCL, Package()\n
    {\n
        2777,\n
        748,\n
        0,\n
        35, 39, 44, 50,\n
        58, 67, 77, 88,\n
        101, 115, 130, 147,\n
        165, 184, 204, 226,\n
        249, 273, 299, 326,\n
        354, 383, 414, 446,\n
        479, 514, 549, 587,\n
        625, 665, 706, 748,\n
        791, 836, 882, 930,\n
        978, 1028, 1079, 1132,\n
        1186, 1241, 1297, 1355,\n
        1414, 1474, 1535, 1598,\n
        1662, 1728, 1794, 1862,\n
        1931, 2002, 2074, 2147,\n
        2221, 2296, 2373, 2452,\n
        2531, 2612, 2694, 2777,\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

If you are using my DSDT and ssdt files then the patch should already be applied and if you open up system prefs > Display, you should have the brightness slider. If you don't than you know that it is not working which would explain the sleep issue. If you still have issues, then you might have some kexts that have been modified like your IONetworkingFamily. Since you have the same series as me you should be able to use all stock kexts except the ones I posted in the package and everything should work. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I do have a brightness slider on the Display system preff and the computer does sleep if I do it manually from the Apple menu. but I will generate my own DSDT soon. Thank you.

If I put it to sleep, and close the lid, then open it again, the computer wakes up but the display won't power up. it's really strange.

also do you know if HDMI video works on Yosemite? the first post says it KPs but maybe someone has figured it out? I don't have an HDMI cable but I plan to buy one. (HDMI to DVI)

Yeah HDMI video and sound works perfect for me. You can try removing the

<key>InjectEDID</key>
<false/>

from the Clover config.plist as that enables the AppleBacklight.kext to load on my laptop which means I don't need ACPIBacklight.kext that I provided in the package. That might fix it as the backlight is controlled when waking from sleep.

• Like 1

I did this with no flags at first an it didn't generate a ssdt-3, i then did it again with flag -c 2 for haswell cpu and that seemed to work but the problem persist. I can now go into the power system pref pane without nullcpupowermanagement.kext and the computer does seem to wake up and turn on the display after i let it sleep before closing the lid. but it won't sleep when closing the lid and won't turn on the display back on.

Yeah the power management and your video card are the main reasons for not sleeping. For power management for the Envy 17-j000 series, you only need the ssdt for your system that defines the CPU and how it processes information. The link I provided created mine ssdt.aml file which I renamed to ssdt-3.aml which has provided me great CPU management on my system. This code by Rehabman can be applied to you DSDT and your ssdt-4.aml which should enable sleep.

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches
#graphics_PNLF_haswell.txt

# This patch enables the brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays
# and will also enable activation of sleep mode by closing
# the laptop lid.
#
# This particular version is intended to be used with ACPIBacklight.kext
# although it can also be used with AppleBacklight.kext,
# provided AppleBacklight.kext is patched to recognize your
# display or an injector is used to set brightness levels.
#
# See this thread for more information:
#     http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/121031-native-brightness-working-without-blinkscreen-using-patched-applebacklight-kext.html
# (also read any linked threads)
#
# Note: This patch should be applied to the DSDT or SSDT that defines
# your integrated graphics device (always at _ADR 0x00020000)
#

into_all device label PNLF remove_entry;
into_all device name_adr 0x00020000 code_regex (OperationRegion\s\(RMPC,\sPCI_Config[^\}]*\}) remove_matched;

into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
OperationRegion (RMPC, PCI_Config, 0x10, 4)\n
Field (RMPC, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)\n
{\n
    BAR1,32,\n
}\n
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
    // normal PNLF declares (note some of this probably not necessary)\n
    Name (_ADR, Zero)\n
    Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
    Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
    Name (_UID, 15)\n
    Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
    //define hardware register access for brightness\n
    // lower nibble of BAR1 is status bits and not part of the address\n
    OperationRegion (BRIT, SystemMemory, And(^BAR1, Not(0xF)), 0xe1184)\n
    Field (BRIT, AnyAcc, Lock, Preserve)\n
    {\n
        Offset(0x48250),\n
        LEV2, 32,\n
        LEVL, 32,\n
        Offset(0x70040),\n
        P0BL, 32,\n
        Offset(0xc8250),\n
        LEVW, 32,\n
        LEVX, 32,\n
        Offset(0xe1180),\n
        PCHL, 32,\n
    }\n
    // LMAX: use 0xad9/0x56c/0x5db to force OS X value\n
    //       or use any arbitrary value\n
    //       or use 0 to capture BIOS setting\n
    Name (LMAX, 0xad9)\n
    // KMAX: defines the unscaled range in the _BCL table below\n
    Name (KMAX, 0xad9)\n
    // _INI deals with differences between native setting and desired\n
    Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        // This 0xC value comes from looking what OS X initializes this\n
        // register to after display sleep (using ACPIDebug/ACPIPoller)\n
        Store(0xC0000000, LEVW)\n
        // determine LMAX to use\n
        If (LNot(LMAX)) { Store(ShiftRight(LEVX,16), LMAX) }\n
        If (LNot(LMAX)) { Store(KMAX, LMAX) }\n
        If (LNotEqual(LMAX, KMAX))\n
        {\n
            // Scale all the values in _BCL to the PWM max in use\n
            Store(0, Local0)\n
            While (LLess(Local0, SizeOf(_BCL)))\n
            {\n
                Store(DerefOf(Index(_BCL,Local0)), Local1)\n
                Divide(Multiply(Local1,LMAX), KMAX,, Local1)\n
                Store(Local1, Index(_BCL,Local0))\n
                Increment(Local0)\n
            }\n
            // Also scale XRGL and XRGH values\n
            Divide(Multiply(XRGL,LMAX), KMAX,, XRGL)\n
            Divide(Multiply(XRGH,LMAX), KMAX,, XRGH)\n
        }\n
        // adjust values to desired LMAX\n
        Store(ShiftRight(LEVX,16), Local1)\n
        If (LNotEqual(Local1, LMAX))\n
        {\n
            If (LOr(LNot(Local0),LNot(Local1))) { Store(LMAX, Local0) Store(LMAX, Local1) }\n
            Divide(Multiply(Local0,LMAX), Local1,, Local0)\n
            //REVIEW: wait for vblank before setting new PWM config\n
            //Store(P0BL, Local7)\n
            //While (LEqual (P0BL, Local7)) {}\n
            Store(Or(Local0,ShiftLeft(LMAX,16)), LEVX)\n
        }\n
    }\n
    // _BCM/_BQC: set/get for brightness level\n
    Method (_BCM, 1, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        Store(Match(_BCL, MGE, Arg0, MTR, 0, 2), Local0)\n
        Store(Or(DerefOf(Index(_BCL,Local0)),ShiftLeft(LMAX,16)), LEVX)\n
    }\n
    Method (_BQC, 0, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        Store(Match(_BCL, MGE, And(LEVX, 0xFFFF), MTR, 0, 2), Local0)\n
        Return(DerefOf(Index(_BCL, Local0)))\n
    }\n
    Method (_DOS, 1, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        // Note: Some systems have this defined in DSDT, so uncomment\n
        // the next line if that is the case.\n
        //External(^^_DOS, MethodObj)\n
        ^^_DOS(Arg0)\n
    }\n
    // extended _BCM/_BQC for setting "in between" levels\n
    Method (XBCM, 1, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        If (LGreater(Arg0, XRGH)) { Store(XRGH, Arg0) }\n
        If (LAnd(Arg0, LLess(Arg0, XRGL))) { Store(XRGL, Arg0) }\n
        Store(Or(Arg0,ShiftLeft(LMAX,16)), LEVX)\n
    }\n
    Method (XBQC, 0, NotSerialized)\n
    {\n
        If (LGreater(Local0, XRGH)) { Store(XRGH, Local0) }\n
        If (LAnd(Local0, LLess(Local0, XRGL))) { Store(XRGL, Local0) }\n
        Return(Local0)\n
    }\n
    // Use XOPT=1 to disable smooth transitions\n
    Name (XOPT, Zero)\n
    // XRGL/XRGH: defines the valid range\n
    Name (XRGL, 25)\n
    Name (XRGH, 2777)\n
    // _BCL: returns list of valid brightness levels\n
    // first two entries describe ac/battery power levels\n
    Name (_BCL, Package()\n
    {\n
        2777,\n
        748,\n
        0,\n
        35, 39, 44, 50,\n
        58, 67, 77, 88,\n
        101, 115, 130, 147,\n
        165, 184, 204, 226,\n
        249, 273, 299, 326,\n
        354, 383, 414, 446,\n
        479, 514, 549, 587,\n
        625, 665, 706, 748,\n
        791, 836, 882, 930,\n
        978, 1028, 1079, 1132,\n
        1186, 1241, 1297, 1355,\n
        1414, 1474, 1535, 1598,\n
        1662, 1728, 1794, 1862,\n
        1931, 2002, 2074, 2147,\n
        2221, 2296, 2373, 2452,\n
        2531, 2612, 2694, 2777,\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

If you are using my DSDT and ssdt files then the patch should already be applied and if you open up system prefs > Display, you should have the brightness slider. If you don't than you know that it is not working which would explain the sleep issue. If you still have issues, then you might have some kexts that have been modified like your IONetworkingFamily. Since you have the same series as me you should be able to use all stock kexts except the ones I posted in the package and everything should work. Hope this helps.

how do I apply this code?

I did this with no flags at first an it didn't generate a ssdt-3, i then did it again with flag -c 2 for haswell cpu and that seemed to work but the problem persist. I can now go into the power system pref pane without nullcpupowermanagement.kext and the computer does seem to wake up and turn on the display after i let it sleep before closing the lid. but it won't sleep when closing the lid and won't turn on the display back on.

how do I apply this code?

You would download MaciASL from Rehabman from here and follow the directions. Even though you have the same series as mine, there must be a difference in your screen EDID data causing it not too sleep when closing the lid. The directions from that link allowed me to create my DSDT and SSDT files which when combined with my config.plist allowed my computer to sleep and wake when opening the lid. 

Hello everyone, I've been reading through this topic for the past week, then decided to install yosemite 10.10.1 using clover on my Hp envy 15t-j100 following these guides http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html and http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/ successfully installed it with the config.plist provided, but I can't boot into the desktop, also tried booting using the config.plist from Andrw0380's post #705, but I still keep getting stuck at the same place. The logs just shows GeforceSensors: still waiting for accelerator to start... 

Image: http://i.imgur.com/Z7LcN1I.jpg

Please could I get a lil help.

Hp envy ts 15t-J100

Intel core i7-4700mq

Intel HD graphics 4600 + Nvidia Geforce gt 740m

Hello everyone, I've been reading through this topic for the past week, then decided to install yosemite 10.10.1 using clover on my Hp envy 15t-j100 following these guides http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html and http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/ successfully installed it with the config.plist provided, but I can't boot into the desktop, also tried booting using the config.plist from Andrw0380's post #705, but I still keep getting stuck at the same place. The logs just shows GeforceSensors: still waiting for accelerator to start... 

Image: http://i.imgur.com/Z7LcN1I.jpg

Please could I get a lil help.

Hp envy ts 15t-J100

Intel core i7-4700mq

Intel HD graphics 4600 + Nvidia Geforce gt 740m

There is 2 options you can try. In the package I posted, the ssdt-5.aml contains the code to disable the Nvidia video card which should prevent that from coming up. Install it to your Clover folder under ACPI > patched. Another thing you can try is in the config.plist under the "Boot" section where the Arguments is posted, add nv_disable=1. Hope that helps. 

• Like 1