HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

On my ENVY 17-j017sg i installed OS X Yosemite with the help of Fahad Ibn Omar Fajardos Youtube-Guide

Now i tried to update my clover partiton with files from post #700 since the are more specific to my model.

The Problem: Now my screen brightness adjustment doesnt work anymore. Anybody knows what i did wrong and how to get it working again?

Thank You!

P.S I also copied some files to s/l/e

You might consider following my guide...

But if you want me to look, post ioreg with IORegistryExplorer v2.1.

• Like 1

Thank You! Which Guide? Do you mean the Probook Installer Guide? Can you post a link please?

Read post #732.

The ioreg is not from IORegistryExplorer v2.1.

• Like 1

Read post #732.

The ioreg is not from IORegistryExplorer v2.1.

Okay now i have 2.1: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmc2a2sxinp8yz4/Felixs%20MacBook%20Pro.ioreg?dl=0

If i cant find the problem i will do a fresh installation.

I put the kexts:10.10 and the acpi:patched to my clover usb installer, and after the installation i install everything from s/l/e with kext wizard, right?

Anything else i have to think of? Do i need to run the Probook installer?

Thank you very much.

Okay now i have 2.1: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmc2a2sxinp8yz4/Felixs%20MacBook%20Pro.ioreg?dl=0

If i cant find the problem i will do a fresh installation.

I put the kexts:10.10 and the acpi:patched to my clover usb installer, and after the installation i install everything from s/l/e with kext wizard, right?

Anything else i have to think of? Do i need to run the Probook installer?

Thank you very much.

DSDT/SSDT is not correctly patched (no PNLF). Or you have an incorrect setup in config.plist.

You should follow the guide.

Hi! :) Im using clover to hack this laptop, but I have an problem... Well in the installation the Disk utilities cant recognize my HDD, I tried all flags you can imagine. So I put my HDD on USB port and wih this my HDD was recognized, so I installed and boot ok, I install clover on HDD and was fine.

But, I only can boot without problems if my HDD is connected with USB, if I plug my HDD back to Laptop I get an error:

Im stuck on "No interval found for . Using 8000000"

Anyone knows why?

Thanks!

Hi! :) Im using clover to hack this laptop, but I have an problem... Well in the installation the Disk utilities cant recognize my HDD, I tried all flags you can imagine. So I put my HDD on USB port and wih this my HDD was recognized, so I installed and boot ok, I install clover on HDD and was fine.

But, I only can boot without problems if my HDD is connected with USB, if I plug my HDD back to Laptop I get an error:

Im stuck on "No interval found for . Using 8000000"

Anyone knows why?

Thanks!

Get the HPRAIDinjector kext and put it in your clover kext files 

Get the HPRAIDinjector kext and put it in your clover kext files 

Or, better, patch the original kext via Clover. The less 3rd-party kexts you use, the better.

(this patch is for my system, see sign., don’t know whether it will work for yours)

<dict>
   <key>Name</key>
   <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
   <key>Comment</key>
   <string>Patch to inject RAID controller ID</string>
   <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
   <true/>
   <key>Find</key>
   <string>0x3a228086</string>
   <key>Replace</key>
   <string>0x282a8086</string>
</dict>

Or, better, patch the original kext via Clover. The less 3rd-party kexts you use, the better.

(this patch is for my system, see sign., don’t know whether it will work for yours)

<dict>
   <key>Name</key>
   <string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
   <key>Comment</key>
   <string>Patch to inject RAID controller ID</string>
   <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
   <true/>
   <key>Find</key>
   <string>0x3a228086</string>
   <key>Replace</key>
   <string>0x282a8086</string>
</dict>

In this particular case, HPRAIDInjector.kext is a more reliable and better solution, IMHO...

Thanks RehabMan and bozma88 I out HPRAIDInjector on Clover and worked :)

Now I have one more problem hehehe

Anyone know why my top bar is so ugly? Look Apple logo and menu text? Why?

vBaAvKV.jpg

I already fix that!

i changed the Display profile on Color from "Display" to "sRGB IEC61966-2.1" and fix that.

Sorry, Im still have one question.

Whats the best and not so expensive WIFI+Bluetooth card for HP Envy 17t-j000?

Thanks!

I recommend the Azurewave Ai Blade BCM4352. It's a Broadcom BCM4352/BCM20702A0 BT/Wifi combo. I don't know what the price range for this is atm however. Hope it helps.

In this particular case, HPRAIDInjector.kext is a more reliable and better solution, IMHO...

is it because it is more update-resilient? yep, you may be right :)

Sorry, Im still have one question.

Whats the best and not so expensive WIFI+Bluetooth card for HP Envy 17t-j000?

Thanks!

I speak for a slightly different system (see sign.), but..

HP uses / used to blacklist WIFI cards in the BIOS. In later times, they *partially* removed this blacklisting.

My system is able to boot with newer cards.

I highly do not recommend the card you have been advised earlier (BCM4352 combos).

Poor wifi performance, only 2.4ghz and unreliable bluetooth performances (e.g. it does not work with Magic Mouse nor Trackpad).

I have tried that card for 2 months. For some stupid reason I was thinking about the old AR9285 I had installed in my lappy before switching to BCM4352Time to get some sleep!

Anyway I’ll keep the following as a reference is you encounter blacklisting / rfkill issues.

A (way) better solution:

I opted for a BCM94352HMB card (~$28 on Ebay). Wireless AC, 5ghz, BT4LE and compatible with Continuity.

I had to tape pin 51 to disable RFKill for bluetooth (thus I say partial blacklisting removed) and eventually even pin 20 to avoid mistakenly disabling wifi radio by hitting F12 on the keyboard.

One random source for this: http://rog.asus.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-48142.html?s=2290626c3cdc2a381ad3e37d0f8c3913

Very fast card, Mimo 2x2 so compatible with the existing antennas, and the 5ghz band works quite well even on antennas made for 2.4ghz.

Bluetooth works perfectly.

Please note that making this work with Continuity, being reported as Airport, working on 5ghz (not my case) band is non-trivial.

Follow this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini

Cheers   :angel:

is it because it is more update-resilient? yep, you may be right :)

Both methods are "update resilient". Although InfoPlist patch fails in certain scenarios when the kext is not in kernel cache.

I highly do not recommend the card you have been advised earlier (BCM4352 combos).

Poor wifi performance, only 2.4ghz and unreliable bluetooth performances (e.g. it does not work with Magic Mouse nor Trackpad).

I have tried that card for 2 months.

A (way) better solution:

I opted for a BCM94352HMB card (~$28 on Ebay).

Same thing. BCM94352HMB is a BCM4352 combo.

Please note that making this work with Continuity, being reported as Airport, working on 5ghz (not my case) band is non-trivial.

Not really (eg. trivial/known). It is all done automatically by my guide.

Here are the requirements:

- BrcmPatchRAM.kext: bluetooth firmware uploader

- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext

- 5ghz patch (config.plist hotpatch)

- handoff patch (config.plist hotpatch)

Thanks guys!

Have you another card suggestion?

I live in Brazil and I cant find this card here. If I buy on ebay it will take 1 month to get here.

Thanks again! :)

There are other cards, but none that offer both good bluetooth compatibility and 5ghz.

Same thing. BCM94352HMB is a BCM4352 combo.

Gooosh!

For some stupid reason I was thinking about the old AR9285 I had installed in my lappy before switching to BCM4352.

Time to get some sleep!

Thank you for pointing that out!

Thanks guys!

Have you another card suggestion?

I live in Brazil and I cant find this card here. If I buy on ebay it will take 1 month to get here.

Thanks again! :)

Try searching for it with its branded names (e.g. Dell DW1550).

See here: https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Dell_Wireless_1550_Wireless-AC_%2B_BT_Mini-Card

Hi. I have a couple of questions.

1: Does anyone get a S.M.A.R.T error when starting the computer?

it's very annoying that I have to press enter every time. I have two drives and it does it on both. I'm pretty sure both drives are in perfect condition. sometimes it doesn't do it, but 80% of the time it will.

2: Is there a way to permanently disable the touchscreen?

when I close the lid, the cursor goes crazy on a corner of the screen, taking things off my dock. I presume it's one of the speakers that makes it go crazy. I use NoZleep so I can close the lid without putting the computer to sleep. I can see the cursor going crazy when I have an HDMI monitor connected.

3: iMessage worked fine when I first hackintoshed this computer but now it doesn't. it won't send or receive any messages (sometimes it does) and when trying to start a conversation with people it will say they're not registered with iMessage. I have a valid mac serial number (from my old mac)

it used to work perfectly...

That's all. I hope someone can help me. Thank you in advanced  :blush:

oh, I also have very wonky charging. sometimes it will stop charging midway and I have to disconnect and connect the cable several times, or charge while the computer is asleep or off. sometimes it doesn't detect the cable is plugged in at all.

Hey Rehabman, I just noticed something weird. I tried just downloading past iTunes purchases and I get a black screen when trying to play them. Also sometimes my computer will randomly freeze when trying to play. I heard about DRM causing an issue, but is there a workaround? Also Netflix says something has went wrong when using Safari. Could it be that the built-in display is not HDCP compliant? Thanks.

Hey Rehabman, I just noticed something weird. I tried just downloading past iTunes purchases and I get a black screen when trying to play them. Also sometimes my computer will randomly freeze when trying to play. I heard about DRM causing an issue, but is there a workaround? Also Netflix says something has went wrong when using Safari. Could it be that the built-in display is not HDCP compliant? Thanks.

Apple DRM protected videos are not supported on hackintosh.

I forget the issue with Netflix (I use AppleTV for netflix on... my 50" TV), but I think it is generic to all OS X, not just hacks.

But I think there is a fix...

Look... I did a quick google search and found this:

Netflix issue is in fact a problem for some macs and hacks.

Solution:

Open prefs in safari > advanced > check show develop in toolbar.

open develop > User agent > check box "Chrome Mac" or "Firefox Mac".

This will "trick" Netflix into thinking your using one of, or route it via? those browsers, and will use silverlight plugin.

I will not provide the link due to the site where I found it (you can probably guess).

Apple DRM protected videos are not supported on hackintosh.

I forget the issue with Netflix (I use AppleTV for netflix on... my 50" TV), but I think it is generic to all OS X, not just hacks.

But I think there is a fix...

Look... I did a quick google search and found this:

I will not provide the link due to the site where I found it (you can probably guess).

Perfect thanks!

3: iMessage worked fine when I first hackintoshed this computer but now it doesn't. it won't send or receive any messages (sometimes it does) and when trying to start a conversation with people it will say they're not registered with iMessage. I have a valid mac serial number (from my old mac)

I have this problem to, after changing my wireless card and changing network connections order in syspref (en0 was wlan, now is eth).

Should I generate and inject new IDs in Clover?

iMessage sometimes it works, sometimes not, and iPhone calls often do not work, telling me my iPhone is not on the same account as my Hack.

Strangely, sometimes it works.