HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

I would like to help you but, in the process of attempt this, RehabMan alerted me of the proper way of using a dsdt file. So, forget I "told" before as my notebook is different from yours (bios version, processor and maybe many other things).The best thing I can do for now is to advise you to generate a dsdt and ask for help if you face some difficult. 

I myself will edit my own dsdt as this seems essential to get OS X working on notebook. 

Again, about serial number board serial number I, I think this is related to get iMessages and App Store to log in I've have tested and is not working here. In rapid search I read that Clover Configurator can generate a working serial to fix. I will try and confirm. Or maybe someone can confirm before me.

I didn't believe in fate before but. It seems I could only install OS X on mbr and use chameleon. :(
There is no patched yosemite kernel for haswell.  
I'm so sad. 
I edit my DSDT, everything goes well.
But I can't close my notebook lid. My notebook can't sleep.So I have to shutdown it.
And the screen... :(
Thanks

DSDT.zip

ScreenCut.zip

Oi, thanks in advance for the work, I wanted to know whether files exist for Yosemite 10:10 GM, it's been a few days out and want to try to put it on my HP Envy T15.

If so, someone can point me to the link, I do see the zip for Mavericks, but Yosemite not yet, or am I a little too quick with my question.
Thanks in advance all off you.

Hi @gygabyte666 I'm using Yosemite on my personal Probook 450 g1 laptop and I managed to get HDMI Video output working (no sound yet).

Since the hardware configuration is identical (more or less) I'm happy to share to you my EFI folder so you can try to get your HDMI working again:

https://bitbucket.org/vladvesa89/hp-probook-450g1-hackintosh/src

You can find AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext inside the SystemKext folder - you need just to install it inside the S/L/E and check config.plist to see what additional patches I applied.

BTW I'm using framebuffer 0x0a260006.

• 2 weeks later...

@gygabyte666

Just thought I'd let you know that one other person had the same issue you have with ACPIBacklight.kext not working. He also had nvidia/optimus. I know we kind of let it go by the wayside...

But in the process of helping him, I decided to make some updates to my Envy repo. And... I've added the capability to patch DSDT/SSDT set in the case the laptop has nvidia graphics (optimus). The additional patches are to disable the nvidia chip.

His brightness was broken until we got the patches squared away to disable the nvidia. Or it at least appears that way.

To use it, you use it just like normal, but specify OPTIMUS=1 on the command line.

eg.

./disassemble.sh
make OPTIMUS=1 patch
make OPTIMUS=1
make OPTIMUS=1 install
The code assumes, of course, that your native files are copied to linux_native subdirectory of the repo.

The thread is on another site (if you know what I mean) for user rootss and his HP Envy 17-j016sr.

Link to repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

I finally had some time to get this done and after a bit of fighting with compiling errors, I am, for the first time, using your ACPIBacklight over the stock AppleBacklight! My Optimus is now disabled and in doing so the ACPIBacklight woes have been fixed!

I'll be updating my ENVY files for at least 10.9.x to reflect this as soon as I can. This should prove useful for 10.10 too once it releases. Great work RehabMan and thanks for thinking of us. ^_^

I didn't believe in fate before but. It seems I could only install OS X on mbr and use chameleon. :(

There is no patched yosemite kernel for haswell.  

I'm so sad. 

I edit my DSDT, everything goes well.

But I can't close my notebook lid. My notebook can't sleep.So I have to shutdown it.

And the screen... :(

Thanks

If you have a newer machine, why on Earth are you trying to do an MBR install? *facepalm*

Oi, thanks in advance for the work, I wanted to know whether files exist for Yosemite 10:10 GM, it's been a few days out and want to try to put it on my HP Envy T15.

If so, someone can point me to the link, I do see the zip for Mavericks, but Yosemite not yet, or am I a little too quick with my question.

Thanks in advance all off you.

People please, enough with the 10.10 requests already! Seriously, it's not even out yet. GMs mean nothing to me. If they wanted to, Apple could still change stuff. I don't post anything until official launches happen and even then I typically wait a few days to do more testing to make sure things work as they should. Patience young grasshoppers...

Hi @gygabyte666 I'm using Yosemite on my personal Probook 450 g1 laptop and I managed to get HDMI Video output working (no sound yet).

Since the hardware configuration is identical (more or less) I'm happy to share to you my EFI folder so you can try to get your HDMI working again:

https://bitbucket.org/vladvesa89/hp-probook-450g1-hackintosh/src

You can find AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext inside the SystemKext folder - you need just to install it inside the S/L/E and check config.plist to see what additional patches I applied.

BTW I'm using framebuffer 0x0a260006.

Thanks, i'll have a quick look at this when I can but right now i'm quite limited in what I can do in regards to 10.10. You see, I am in the middle of moving and most of my stuff (including my testing 10.10 install) are still in storage so I haven't been able to do any testing with it lately. Once that changes, i'll investigate your work in more detail. :D

• Like 1

gygabyte666 , I know you are busy , When will you upload your files for Yosemite ?

We are waiting ...  :yes:

I'm hoping to have Yosemite stuff up within the next few days. I still have a bit of testing to do first. I also plan to update the Mavericks files at the same time since I've made one or two decent changes since the last update was posted. Anyway, tl;dr version = keep checking the first post over the next few days. They'll be up soon. ;p

• Like 1

The first version of my Yosemite 10.10 ENVY Files can now be found on the first post! Mavericks 10.9.5 ENVY Files has been updated and is also on the first post! Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get away from this page for a few hours and play some games or something. Enjoy everyone. ;p

• Like 1

i´ve installed in my envy 15 j031ss Yosemite 10.10 with files in first page, everything works great but FaceTime and iMessage not. Any suggestion to Fix FaceTime and iMessage?, both programs open but i can´t login, after type user and password nothing happens.

P.D. i write my working serial number from mavericks for MBP in config.plist

i´ve installed in my envy 15 j031ss Yosemite 10.10 with files in first page, everything works great but FaceTime and iMessage not. Any suggestion to Fix FaceTime and iMessage?, both programs open but i can´t login, after type user and password nothing happens.

P.D. i write my working serial number from mavericks for MBP in config.plist

Sounds like something is off with your setup. I don't use FT so I can't help with that but iMessages was working find during my tests so I don't know why you're having trouble with it. You should try signing in using the System Preferences iCloud pane instead of using the individual apps to see if that helps.

After 24h using Yosemite i detect some problems:

- Clover Wifi 5Ghz patch (AirPortBrcm4360) doesn't work anymore. (In Mavericks works.) Wifi N works, the problem is with 5Ghz

- Screen Brightness goes down when envy comes back from sleep. (have to press brightness key to go normal). (In Mavericks does´t happen)

- USB 3.0 Hard Drives not detected.

nv_disable is removed from config.plist Yosemite files. Yosemite don´t need it anymore?

- Screen Brightness goes down when envy comes back from sleep. (have to press brightness key to go normal). (In Mavericks does´t happen)

Make sure you have up-to-date ACPIBacklight.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

After 24h using Yosemite i detect some problems:

- Clover Wifi 5Ghz patch (AirPortBrcm4360) doesn't work anymore. (In Mavericks works.) Wifi N works, the problem is with 5Ghz

nv_disable is removed from config.plist Yosemite files. Yosemite don´t need it anymore?

1) I never had any issues with this patch. It works fine with my hardware.

2) This is the first time i've included RehabMan's ACPIBacklight instead of relying on the stock AppleBacklight for brightness control. There are bound to be some differences. If you don't like using ACPIBacklight or the way that it works, you could always remove it and just use stock, it should work without doing anything extra.

3) Didn't test USB 3.0 HDDs. I'll get back to you on this one.

nv_disable is removed because the new ssdt has optimus removed on my machine. Thus, this boot flag is no longer needed. It was removed from my 10.9.5 files too so it's not Yosemite specific.

Make sure you have up-to-date ACPIBacklight.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

+1 to this. The version of ACPIBacklight I included is what worked for me, it was new-ish but not the newest available. GenericUSBXHCI included is the version made by Zenith432, not the one made by RehabMan. I haven't tried his out yet so it could be better.

THANKS!

Screen Brightness fixed with RehabMan-Backlight-2014-1016 kext (2.0.3)

USB 3.0 Fixed in Bios setting USB 3.0 to Enabled instead AUTO

Wifi 5ghz fixed with Skvo´s kext patch :

O80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/MacOS/AirPortBrcm4360

Find:      58 54 00 2B 18 2C 21 00 20

Replace: 58 54 08 0A 36 1C 47 00 0A

• Like 1

Hi,

First of all thanks to all those who have been working behind this as i have managed to get HD 4600 working with QE/CI, Battery Management, Screen brightness and most of the necessary stuff working with the files provided here and a little bit of DSDT edits. (No wifi/bluetooth because the Ralink 3290 isnt supported)

The only problem i am facing now is the audio, i have the same IDT h/w with same codec id 111d76e0, but using the provided IDTinject.kext doesnt work. Can someone please tell me which version of Vanilla AppleHDA i need to have before using this inject.kext?

I had been trying to patch my own AppleHDA with my own pinconfigs,layout12 and Platforms and have tried a number of versions of AppleHDA so i am unsure as to which version i have currently.

I am on OSX Yosemite, on an Hp Envy 15t-j111x with i7-4700MQ, HD 4600, 8GB RAM and an IDT92HD91BXX (111d76e0).

Update: No Need, Got it working with a DSDT edit! Thanks Anyways.

THANKS!

Screen Brightness fixed with RehabMan-Backlight-2014-1016 kext (2.0.3)

USB 3.0 Fixed in Bios setting USB 3.0 to Enabled instead AUTO

Wifi 5ghz fixed with Skvo´s kext patch :

O80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/MacOS/AirPortBrcm4360

Find:      58 54 00 2B 18 2C 21 00 20

Replace: 58 54 08 0A 36 1C 47 00 0A

Replying to admit that you were correct about the dual band patch not working in Yosemite. Indeed, it does not. The replacement you posted does seem to fix it though. Thanks for posting it. Unless a better method is found, it will be added to my future uploads for Yosemite. Would you mind PMing me the origin link so I can give proper credit? I have also updated all outdated kexts too. Thanks for the heads up. ^_^

Replying to admit that you were correct about the dual band patch not working in Yosemite. Indeed, it does not. The replacement you posted does seem to fix it though. Thanks for posting it. Unless a better method is found, it will be added to my future uploads for Yosemite. Would you mind PMing me the origin link so I can give proper credit? I have also updated all outdated kexts too. Thanks for the heads up. ^_^

Link:  

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/?p=2039281

Credit: Skvo

• Like 1

Hey, somebody could help me? I have an HP Envy 15-j101ss and just i installed Yosemite with your files. Your Mavericks DSDT's were working correctly in my laptop using Chameleon boot loader, but now with Clover i have many problems because i never used it. 

First of all i have one question related to Clover. I installed Clover_v2k_r2957.pkg but i don't know if i have to put EFI or UEFI in customizing the installation. I tried with EFI but i get a black screen and doesn't start. Then i tried with UEFI and i was able to boot with  the DSDT's but after i can't login, because my keyboard and my mouse aren't working. I was reading that GenericUSBXHCI.kext would need to fix it, but it doesn't and i was trying to change the USB3.0 Bios option from Enabled to Auto but still the same...

I just want to add that now i'm booting from my usb installation and since i installed your kexts the laptop's keyboard and the touchpad stopped working, so now i'm using an usb keyboard / mouse. 

Thank u

Clover r2957 OK, works for me..

Install clover for UEFI.

I think you didn´t install kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 (EFI Partition)

Envi´s Keyboard and trackpad are PS2 not USB.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext is for USB 3.0.

Hey, somebody could help me? I have an HP Envy 15-j101ss and just i installed Yosemite with your files. Your Mavericks DSDT's were working correctly in my laptop using Chameleon boot loader, but now with Clover i have many problems because i never used it. 

First of all i have one question related to Clover. I installed Clover_v2k_r2957.pkg but i don't know if i have to put EFI or UEFI in customizing the installation. I tried with EFI but i get a black screen and doesn't start. Then i tried with UEFI and i was able to boot with  the DSDT's but after i can't login, because my keyboard and my mouse aren't working. I was reading that GenericUSBXHCI.kext would need to fix it, but it doesn't and i was trying to change the USB3.0 Bios option from Enabled to Auto but still the same...

I just want to add that now i'm booting from my usb installation and since i installed your kexts the laptop's keyboard and the touchpad stopped working, so now i'm using an usb keyboard / mouse. 

Thank u

Clover r2957 OK, works for me..

Install clover for UEFI.

I think you didn´t install kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 (EFI Partition)

Envi´s Keyboard and trackpad are PS2 not USB.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext is for USB 3.0.

Thank u for your answer! I successfully installed Clover and the kexts too. Now the Envi's keyboard and trackpad are working, but the usb ports aren't. When i boot i see the apple logo distorted and multiplied but i can login and use the OS. What happens now is that i can't put an usb drive, so i can't use my usb mouse.

Other problem is the camera, that is not working too.

Any solution? 

Check your config.plist in efi partition and try without genericusbxhci.kext.

logo distorted and multiplied is a little problem, i have it too.

Thank u for your answer! I successfully installed Clover and the kexts too. Now the Envi's keyboard and trackpad are working, but the usb ports aren't. When i boot i see the apple logo distorted and multiplied but i can login and use the OS. What happens now is that i can't put an usb drive, so i can't use my usb mouse.

Other problem is the camera, that is not working too.

Any solution?