OS X 10.9 myHack USB Installer Beta

224 posts in this topic

Yes, strange bug. Skype has the same issue however using a older version of Skype there is no issues. 

I have that strange message in Photoshop CS5 or even on a radio application..

Very dissapointed by.... :(

But it's a beta version.. we can;t ask much from, right?:)

Thanks!!!

Successfully installation of OSX Maverick DP1 in my system.

everything is working, almost out of box using this tool.

my spec system is:

CPU Core i3 2100

RAM 6GB 1333 MHz

GPU evga gt520

MOBO: GA-H67M-D2-B3 v1.1

HD WD 500GB

testing I think maps app would be fix to better performance, sometimes take too long to show a map.

• Like 2

Still waiting for solution for "still waiting for root device" with cpus=1 (unless someone knows how to fix both. :) ). I only have working USB 3.0 ports on quad core i7 Ivy bridge HP dv6t, full specs below.

3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3 GHz
Intel HM77 Express Chipset
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (1GB DDR Dedicated RAM)
Bluray player/burner
3x USB 3.0 "SuperSpeed"/HDMI/VGA/RJ45 Eithernet Port/Headphone-Out (Stereo)/Microphone-In
Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards & Multimedia cards
HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated Dual Array Digital Microphone (High Definition Low-Light)
4x Beats Audio™ Internal speakers; Beats Audio™ Audio playback; HP Triple Bass Reflex with Subwoofer
Synaptics TouchPad with on/off button and support for multitouch gestures
Full-sized Island-style Backlit Keyboard with Numberpad
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Intel 802.11b/g/n Wireless with Bluetooth

Hey fellas, does any of you seen this? 

Booting from USB and trying to install and it opens op OS X Utilities.

On both clover and chameleon.

This does not look like myHack installer at all... 

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for solution for "still waiting for root device" with cpus=1 (unless someone knows how to fix both. :) ). I only have working USB 3.0 ports on quad core i7 Ivy bridge HP dv6t, full specs below.

3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3 GHz

Intel HM77 Express Chipset

8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (1GB DDR Dedicated RAM)

Bluray player/burner

3x USB 3.0 "SuperSpeed"/HDMI/VGA/RJ45 Eithernet Port/Headphone-Out (Stereo)/Microphone-In

Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards & Multimedia cards

HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated Dual Array Digital Microphone (High Definition Low-Light)

4x Beats Audio™ Internal speakers; Beats Audio™ Audio playback; HP Triple Bass Reflex with Subwoofer

Synaptics TouchPad with on/off button and support for multitouch gestures

Full-sized Island-style Backlit Keyboard with Numberpad

Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Intel 802.11b/g/n Wireless with Bluetooth

you'll have to set the hp bios to unlock the ahci setting

hp bios sucks

• 4 weeks later...

I think you may mean Clevo P151EMx ... And I believe you'll need to find someone with specific knowledge about that hardware.  I've never seen anyone hack one of those before.  If you don't find anyone here, I'd try to google for that specific model to see if anyone has done a sucessful hack with it.  You may also wish to try an installation with an earlier version of OS X first to see if that is possible...or perhaps you already have had sucess with that.

Just a thought.

Good luck

R.

• 3 weeks later...

great that it worked for you my Haswell won't boot the things. After kext load it just reboots... nothing works i really on't understand what i am doing wrong.

I installed osx on a lot of machines and this is the first time i really can make a thing of it it really annoying me

great that it worked for you my Haswell won't boot the things. After kext load it just reboots... nothing works i really on't understand what i am doing wrong.

I installed osx on a lot of machines and this is the first time i really can make a thing of it it really annoying me

Sounds like a bad USB installer. Remake the USB. 

Hey guys. when i trying to boot from usb after the apple logo i get grey screen. With my intel hd 2500 and with geforce 210 as well. i tried with GE/Yes/No the same .Do you have any idea why? Thanks

Considering you seem to be new with mac on pc you should work with 10.8.x until you understand how everything works and then after you understand everything move to beta builds. This is not the appropriate place for new users to ask questions.

Sounds like a bad USB installer. Remake the USB. 

I'm also having the instant reboot problem (starting with 10.8.5 beta, also with Mavericks DP1).  I have an MSI GT70-2od, Chipset HM87, Haswell 4700MQ, Geforece 780m GTX with Optimus (Intel 4600).  (already installed SL, Lion and ML on Asus G53JW, Asus G75VW and gained a lot of experience in Hackintoshing).

With 10.8.2 it works if installed from DVD, the update to 10.8.4 still works as well (needed modified kernel for Haswell or KP).  Tried creating and recreating USB installers (10.8.2, 10.8.4, Mavericks) but no succes so far (reboot a few seconds after installer selected).  The only way i could install ML was through a DVD installer for 10.8.2 (iAtkos).  I suspect USB to be in cause but they work well once ML installed (Only USB2 Though).  Now looking for a way to install Mavericks through DVD and i have no clue how to do it. (already tried to play with USB Bios options -desactivating USB 3.0...).

Some say to put Legacy USB to OFF in Bios, but if done my USB installer won't be detected anymore, also tried different kernels but no success, still instant reboot.

Any help or a beginning of a clue would be appreciated. (attached a screenshot of my USB Bios options).

post-946790-0-41648800-1378173263_thumb.jpg

Thank you for your feedback Cavallo, so far i've been using only USB 2.0, since the USB 3.0 are not recognized in my working 10.8.4 installtion i assumed that it won't be worth it to try anyway.  Just a small clarification about the instant reboot, in fact the kext are loaded, as soon as it is done it reboots instantly (no idea if this helps to identify the problem but just in case).  I will try to play around with any other options in Bios once back home and report.

Thank you for your feedback Cavallo, so far i've been using only USB 2.0, since the USB 3.0 are not recognized in my working 10.8.4 installtion i assumed that it won't be worth it to try anyway.  Just a small clarification about the instant reboot, in fact the kext are loaded, as soon as it is done it reboots instantly (no idea if this helps to identify the problem but just in case).  I will try to play around with any other options in Bios once back home and report.

Hi Slayer2333 this sounds to be the same instant re-boot issue I am getting with my install on H87 Zotac (i5 4430). I have a working 10.8.4 installation (patched kernel), but my attempts at 10.8.5 and 10.9 are becoming very frustrating. To get a quick turnaround on attempts I am using a single internal drive with 2 partitions, one for the working 10.8.4 and one on DP6 of Mav., so that I can quickly get access to chameleon wizard and play with my boot flags, dsdt and smbios etc. 

I can't try right now (guests around), but my next tries will be with the bios boot settings to see if there is something there that can help.

Sorry this is OT for the thread, but I think our joint problem is not related to myHack. If you get a resolution please post - this too is not my first installation, but it is the first time I have encountered this particular issue.

Hi everyone. I just bought a motherboard Gigabyte B75M-D3H, with a CPU Intel Dual Core G2030, AMD Radeon Video card, 8 G DD3 RAM. All worked flawlessly with an exception. When I try to launch "About this Mac", finder crashes. I got sound, ethernet and video. I also could access iCloud and FaceTime without any issue. This behaviour happened even when I installed Mountain Lion. Where I was wrong?