OS X 10.9 myHack USB Installer Beta

224 posts in this topic

@DarwinX,

How did your install go for your XPS M1530?   I saw from your post that wake from sleep may have stopped working properly for you?  Are you still using Slice's FakeSMC or HwSensors?  I know that our ITC chip was not supported in earlier versions of Hwsensors and not sure now?

I also read that you no longer need the IOPCIFamily kext with Mavericks?  Are you ussng the same DSDT and VoodooHDA from your 10.8x install?  What about ssdt or is this only needed for sandy and ivy bridge processors to get speedstep and turbo working properly?  What kext are you using for your PS2 keyboard the one provided on this installer or Rehabman's?

Thanks

The 10.9 installation is very simple with much of the same files as in the 10.7.x and 10.8.x. 

Under the 10.9, the system reboots upon the second time the Sleep mode is induced.

I've always utilized Slice's FakeSMC HWSensor branch rather than Kozlek's as the latter does not support my Super I/0 chip (NSC PC8739xx).

I've never had to regress the IOPCIFamily kext, only the AppleACPIFamily.kext had to be regressed to the version 1.3.6 from the 10.6.x.

However, under the 10.9, such regression is no longer required.

I'm using the same DSDT.aml with some slight modifications (Method _DSM in the Device (LPCB), and I'm not injecting any SSDT tables.

For sound, I'm using the latest VoodooHDA.kext version 2.8.4 and the VodooPS2Controller.kext for the keyboard. I have never used the myHack installer as it is not necessary.

For more information on the Dell XPS M1730/M1530/M1330, follow this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/190780-guide-making-a-dsdtaml-for-dell-xps-m1330-xps-m1530-and-xps-m1730/

I was try update 10.8.5 to 10.9 from AppStore.

But unsuccessfully.

Error: "os x mavericks cannot be installed on this computer".

UPD: I installed 10.9 from USB behind old system, and all of my settings and progs are save!

I was trying to install Mavericks on an hdd on which there's Windows7 installed on.

I would like to wipe out Win7 and install Mavericks but my pc starts rebooting ciclically before entering Maverick's installer. I didn't choose MBR support while preparing the Maverick's bootable usb using my hack as I was thinking that I want just to format my hdd and put on a GUID partition scheme.

Maybe I need MBR support to enter Maverick's install and to avoid this rebooting problem?

Regards.

Still trying to solve the istant reboot issue I am getting while trying to installa Final Mavericks OSX version on my pc.

I figured it out to make a video and then to extract a picture of the latest line the installer writes before going to reboot (disabled USB 2.0 support to get the process slower and make a video).

Actual PC configuration:

- Mobo: ASRock G31M-S R 2.0 with latest official Bios;

- Cpu: Intel Celeron E3300@2.50 GHz

- Audio/Video Onboard

Maybe Celeron's CPUs are not supported?

Regards.

post-761152-0-90767600-1382867649_thumb.png

Still trying to solve the istant reboot issue I am getting while trying to installa Final Mavericks OSX version on my pc.

I figured it out to make a video and then to extract a picture of the latest line the installer writes before going to reboot (disabled USB 2.0 support to get the process slower and make a video).

Actual PC configuration:

- Mobo: ASRock G31M-S R 2.0 with latest official Bios;

- Cpu: Intel Celeron E3300@2.50 GHz

- Audio/Video Onboard

Maybe Celeron's CPUs are not supported?

Regards.

I am seeing the same reboot you are with two different G31M based systems.  Both of them run Mountain Lion with no problem.  They both also have nVidia PCIe graphics cards (9500 and 210).  I built the USB installer with myHack 3.2 beta 8 and just tried it again with myHack 3.3.  Same thing.  I booted the USB on an i3 based laptop and it worked so I don't think it is a bad USB drive.

I am beginning to wonder if anyone has Mavericks working G31M based motherboard.  My guess is that it may be due to these G31M motherboards not having AHCI support.  I would love to find a work around.

I am beginning to wonder if anyone has Mavericks working G31M based motherboard.  My guess is that it may be due to these G31M motherboards not having AHCI support.  I would love to find a work around.

I have a GIGABYTE G31M board (G31M-ES2L) and I can't for the life of me get it too boot.   I, to my knowledge have tried almost every combination for booting and it just cpu halts right after it loads the kexts.  

I have a Q6600 (Also have in my EP45 and it works fine) I do have some progress, again I am running a GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L , so it is a different board than you guys but still not booting and I haven't seen anyone getting this one to run.    

I wanted to update though that before I was loading my DSDT and it would Kernel panic then reboot with any command arguments I could throw at it, I took away my DSDT and now it doesn't reboot but goes to a black screen.  I'm pretty sure the installer is loaded behind it all but I can't figure this one out, I have tried various GraphicsEnabler, PCIRootUID, npci, darkwake, -x, and Graphics Mode (I set like this -v "Graphics Mode"="1024x768x32") and still just black....      Any suggestions to see if I can get this G31M chipset working??

Can someone start a specific G31M thread?  I have a feeling not all people are reading this one since it is getting so big...

This issue seems due to the fact that the G31M board does not support AHCI mode. I don't actually know if there's a way to install Mavericks without AHCI support but I don't think so.

As soon as possible I'll try to install over my lion installation on an old ASUS mobo used since Leopard Hackintosh.

This issue seems due to the fact that the G31M board does not support AHCI mode. I don't actually know if there's a way to install Mavericks without AHCI support but I don't think so.

As soon as possible I'll try to install over my lion installation on an old ASUS mobo used since Leopard Hackintosh.

The good news is I am now running with my GA-G31M-ES2L and Mavericks, bad news - not full.   I have the latest Fakesmc but still can't reboot or shutdown w/o Kernel panic. Ideas??   Other news, I liked the performance in ML better than Mavericks..    So at this point, people not able to get it run aren't really missing out in my opinion...

---Update my Kernel panic was related to the generic XHCI USB drivers floating around.    Guess my PCI-E USB3 card isn't so Mavericks friendly.... Removed those drivers and works fine now...

The good news is I am now running with my GA-G31M-ES2L and Mavericks, bad news - not full.   I have the latest Fakesmc but still can't reboot or shutdown w/o Kernel panic. Ideas??   Other news, I liked the performance in ML better than Mavericks..    So at this point, people not able to get it run aren't really missing out in my opinion...

How did u get this result? Can you please indicate all the steps you followed to get the installer working?

Regards?

Having a little trouble with a myHack install.  First my specs:

Asus Sabertooth X79 Mobo

Intel i7-3820 

Nvidia GTX 680 Graphics card.

I started the USB installer using the following flags:

-v
npci=0x2000

cpus = 1

GraphicsEnabler = No

Things seem to go fine until I hit an all white screen with a spinning rainbow colored mouse cursor.  After that the install seems to freeze up as it will never leave the white screen/rainbow cursor.  

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Having a little trouble with a myHack install.  First my specs:

Asus Sabertooth X79 Mobo

Intel i7-3820 

Nvidia GTX 680 Graphics card.

I started the USB installer using the following flags:

-v

npci=0x2000

cpus = 1

GraphicsEnabler = No

Things seem to go fine until I hit an all white screen with a spinning rainbow colored mouse cursor.  After that the install seems to freeze up as it will never leave the white screen/rainbow cursor.  

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Try

-v -f PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

When you get to install screen, give the mouse a couple of clicks and the Language Selection should appear, it can take a couple of minutes.

Try

-v -f PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

When you get to install screen, give the mouse a couple of clicks and the Language Selection should appear, it can take a couple of minutes.

No, that didn't work.  It just rebooted my machine.

I got 10.8 to install flawlessly with the following:

cpus = 1

npci = 0x2000

GraphicsEnabler = No

BusRatio = 32

UseKernalCache = No

I tried that with 10.9 as well and it doesn't work.

My system is a Gigabyte MB GA-Z77-UD5H, GTX680, i7 3770k, 32gb, samsung ssd 250.

First i installed snow leopard with update and downloaded Mavericks. Tried other usb installation from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], but whatever i tried couldnot get it do the usb-stick installing Maverick; allways installation failed.

Downloaded My Hack Beta and installation of the usb was problem free.

The boot with the stick was ok except for the blank screen I keep getting. Tried PCIRoot=1 not solving anything. More luck with GraphicsEnabler=No. Had to wait quite a while. First darker screen and then it was a go. installion took a while, but finished with no problems. Booting with the harddrive though, was no go. Keep spinning under the apple and that was it. I formatted the harddisk with the disk utility of the snow leopard disk and did the installation once more. Still no boot from the SSD drive. I was going to give up, but then I saw that you could interrupt the boot by pressing a key and could enter a command line. I tried GraphicsEnabler=No, but still the same. Only this time I got a small bar under the apple, but then it also stopped. Ok, lets try to add -x to GraphicsEnabler=No and it went on booting. Everything seems to work, except for the Lan, but probably I have to fill in the ip-address manually. Only on reboot I still have to enter the command line GraphicsEnabler=No -x to get it going.

How can I solve this boot problem??????

My system is a Gigabyte MB GA-Z77-UD5H, GTX680, i7 3770k, 32gb, samsung ssd 250.

First i installed snow leopard with update and downloaded Mavericks. Tried other usb installation from #####, but whatever i tried couldnot get it do the usb-stick installing Maverick; allways installation failed.

Downloaded My Hack Beta and installation of the usb was problem free.

The boot with the stick was ok except for the blank screen I keep getting. Tried PCIRoot=1 not solving anything. More luck with GraphicsEnabler=No. Had to wait quite a while. First darker screen and then it was a go. installion took a while, but finished with no problems. Booting with the harddrive though, was no go. Keep spinning under the apple and that was it. I formatted the harddisk with the disk utility of the snow leopard disk and did the installation once more. Still no boot from the SSD drive. I was going to give up, but then I saw that you could interrupt the boot by pressing a key and could enter a command line. I tried GraphicsEnabler=No, but still the same. Only this time I got a small bar under the apple, but then it also stopped. Ok, lets try to add -x to GraphicsEnabler=No and it went on booting. Everything seems to work, except for the Lan, but probably I have to fill in the ip-address manually. Only on reboot I still have to enter the command line GraphicsEnabler=No -x to get it going.

How can I solve this boot problem??????

Simply add the appropriate entries and flags (GraphicsEnabler=NO/YES, -v, -f, etc.) to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in your /Extra directory. 

• Like 1

Hi,i'm trying to install maverick on my laptop but i have always a blackscreen .

My config (look like a mba 4.1) : Core i5 2467M,IntelHD3000,Intel HM65,SSD 128Go

I've tried GraphicsEnabler: yes & no and always the same result = blackscreen =/

With PCIRootUid=No ,it freeze .I deleted NV&Ati Ktext but it change nothing .

Is there a problem with the graphics ,maybe on the bios ?

I'm typing this from Mavericks booted up on my GA-P35-DS3L. I have not been able to try out the latest Chameleon on the myHack installer yet, but still plan to. Video works fine with graphic enabler set to yes, but I had to use ##### to install the Lnx2Mac Realtek driver for ethernet. More when I know more.

I trying to run Mavericks on my old GA-P35-DS3L, I installed it with my Mac Pro, so Mavericks is fresh and good but I’m stuck some point before GUI shows,

This is my 5th installation of Mavericks, 2 on real Mac an 2 more on hackitosh PCs

Here is my specs:

http://staff.osx86project.org/macgirl/

Could you tell me which kexts did you replace?

This is a framebuffer/general graphics issue. Try:

- safe boot (-x);

- GraphicsEnabler=No;

- both steps above at the same time.

If no luck, remove all graphics kexts from your /S/L/E and you'll get to the desktop in VESA mode. Reinstall all graphics kexts with latest kext utility, then sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions and diskutil repairPermissions /

Good luck!

---Update my Kernel panic was related to the generic XHCI USB drivers floating around.    Guess my PCI-E USB3 card isn't so Mavericks friendly.... Removed those drivers and works fine now...

Hi guys! I too am having a hard time trying to get my hackintosh to work!  :( 

My system configuration is: Intel Core 2 Duo on Gigabyte G31M-ES2L + Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS.

I can confirm that I got the installer to boot with the following flags:

-v PCIRootID=1 GraphicsEnabler=1 "GraphicsMode"="1920x1080x32"

Hope this is useful!

Once booted, the installation went through and almost everything is working now, but I'm having issues with audio, sleep, shutdown and reboot.

I'm particularly concerned with audio, I've already tried every possible configuration and kext (VoodooHDA, many different patched AppleHDAs), without success..!  :wallbash: 

thevoiceover, I seem to understand that you managed to get audio running...would you be so kind to share what worked for you?

Thanks a lot if anyone can help! icon_thumbup.gif

• Like 1