GenericUSBXHCI USB 3.0 driver for OS X with source

928 posts in this topic

i will up iousbfamily for you if you are on 8.5 or dp8 or you can extract the kexts from an update with pacifist app

place the kext back in Extensions and sudo chown -R 0:0 && chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext in terminal.

*sorry, forgot you don't have mouse or keyboard :P  you can also do it all from -s if needed

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hua8e7pxm9k7hkr/IOUSBFamily.kext.zip

ok.. USBBusFix=Yes is not the command for you! 

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Devices#USB  You need the FixOwnership addition in your clover config instead.

you can add the iousb to clovers "other" kext folder and it should load but you will need to boot twice for it to get set in to kernel cache. you are going to need some way to edit your config and add this kext to you clover usb booter

nice work..

about a Texas TUSB73x0 usb 3 device (104c:8241) in 10.9 DP8

kext version 1.2.6b installed. in system profile recognize Usb3 hi-speed and Usb3 Superspeed.

Usb3 hi-speed work well (little slow)about 30/35 read and write .

Usb3 superspeed, recognize Harddrive, recognize speed up to 5gb, i see file in internal hard drive but not possible to open,copy and read , appear the message of error is ""ERROR CODE-36""

any idea for this fix?

thanks

• Like 1

So I put that USB kext into efi / Kexts / 10.8 folder , an did fixusb ownership an booted with extra Kexts an I still arnt able to use USB the light on mouse doesn't come on an keyboard don't work

Where does the extra folder belong because I didn't see one

Basically right now I have the USB kext in the kext folder an the extra folder inside the kext folder. Only way to boot to login screen is with USB in safe mode any idea on how to fix this

Ok got to osx install utility page , if I reinstall will it delete my old stuff ? What should I do ??

Guys I Got to osx install page , how do I go bout doin this so I don't loose anything on my drive ? Do I jus reinstall a new copy of osx or partition off some space an do new fresh install of osx then I can transfer old stuff back ? Iono what to do pleas help

any way to make this work for sandybridge on 7 series boards?  my asmedia ports work (without sleep) but no go on intel ports.  i get boot errors:

9/25/13 12:26:22.000 AM kernel[0]: USBF: 1.751 AppleUSBEHCI::CheckForSharedXHCIController timed out waiting for muxed XHCI controller
9/25/13 12:26:22.000 AM kernel[0]: USBF: 1.756 AppleUSBEHCI::CheckForSharedXHCIController timed out waiting for muxed XHCI controller
9/25/13 12:26:22.000 AM kernel[0]: USBF: 1.756 AppleUSBEHCI::CheckForSharedXHCIController error getting XHCI controller
9/25/13 12:26:22.000 AM kernel[0]: USBF: 1.756 AppleUSBEHCI::CheckForSharedXHCIController - unable to find the correct XHCI xhciBitmap(0x00000000) assertVal(0x00000001)
9/25/13 12:26:22.000 AM kernel[0]: USBF: 1.779 AppleUSBEHCI::CheckForSharedXHCIController error getting XHCI controller
9/25/13 12:26:22.000 AM kernel[0]: USBF: 1.786 AppleUSBEHCI::CheckForSharedXHCIController - unable to find the correct XHCI xhciBitmap(0x00000000) assertVal(0x00000001)

i've attatched my xhcdumps.
thanks.

First, it looks like you're booting with '-gux_nomsi' - so remove that, as both these chips support MSI.  Second, the dump shows a low-speed device connected on port 3 of the Intel chip.  So what's wrong with it?  Do you see it on in System Info->USB?  Maybe the system can't find higher-layered drivers for this specific device.

any way to make this work for sandybridge on 7 series boards?  my asmedia ports work (without sleep) but no go on intel ports.  i get boot errors:

daniesy: The device is recognized, but for some reason is inoperable.  I need to you to run "xhcdump slots", and then "xhcdump endpoints #", where # is the slot # where the drive is listed in the slots dump.  Then upload them.  Also, run "diskutil list" check to see if you see the volume names you expect on this drive on one of the devices, and load the /dev/disk... for that device.  Thanks.

loKEY: You're not using 1.2.6d3, because I don't see the new prints I added in your dump.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response!

I've uploaded both the slots and endpoints dumps. The diskutil list only shows my internal sata drives... I should mention that the drive works correctly on the other USB 2 ports and if i leave it plugged in when i boot, it takes a lot of time, and after boot is finished, the mouse and keyboard hangs for about 15 seconds. This started happening only after installing the GenericUSBXHCI.kext file.

slots.txt

endpoints.txt

The drive uses streams-endpoints.  Support for streams appears to be broken at the moment for all such drives.  There's an open ticket about this.

The reason it works on USB 2.0 ports is because it falls back to legacy mode (USB 2.0 didn't have streams at all.)

I'll try make a temporary workaround that disables streams support and (hopefully) forces the drive to fallback to normal bulk endpoints.  This probably impacts performance, but at the least the drive will work.

I've uploaded both the slots and endpoints dumps.

• Like 1