[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Guys can somebody help me please? I have dell latitude e5510 and i try to install el capitan and always get stuck with MISSING BLUETOOTH CONTROLLER SUPPORT. I tried to patch vbios, and still the same. Tried to inject intel, the same. Tried to inject edid and intel, the same. Tried fakeid 0x12345678, the same. I even copied natit kext inside /s/l/e folder on usb, and its still the same. Is there any solution?

On 6/24/2018 at 2:55 PM, MacPeet said:

Wow... :thumbsup_anim:
I also have QE/CI with Mojave.
I have again installed my 5 patched Intel Kext's and IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext from the HS with KextUtility. Now QE / CI non metal works with unsupported SMBIOS MacBookPro 6.1.

Now everything works.
VLC, Youtube-Video's works
DVD player plays DVD's
... :thumbsup_anim:   :wub:

post-8047-0-87460000-1529844028.png

post-8047-0-52650300-1529844044.png

post-8047-0-23023100-1529844059.png

How about sleep and wake from sleep?

Sleep is not important to me.

here:
Yosemite - all versions of Sleep / Wake work (via menu, time control or close lid), everything works
Capitan - not tested on the device
Sierra - not tested on this device
High Sierra - Sleep is not working
Mojave - Sleep is not working

• Like 1

Hi all,

My first attempt to install 10.3.5 on this Dell Latitude E6410 (no Nvidia card).

Tried to use UEFI clover but with no success, so using Legacy Clover to boot 10.3.5 usb install USB disk:IMG_1189.thumb.JPG.8936dece1c43d1e1646ab5838b67e03f.JPG

But then booting stops at here:

IMG_1190.thumb.JPG.3a29f6e3bd4571f7ff905c721ed6a5cf.JPG

So, started from beginning of this thread to get a proper dsdt.aml, but didn't went far as I had MaciASL compilation errors when trying to add the PNLF device.

I've managed to extract the original DSDT table via Ubuntu Linux and placed it at EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin/dsdt_Dell_Latitude_E6410.aml

Can anyone please have a look at my EFI folder and even patch the basics of my dsdt_Dell_Latitude_E6410.aml ?

Thanks.

Laptop details:

• CPU: 
    • Intel Core i5 M520 @2.40Mhz (2 cores) CPUID=0x020655
    • Microarchitecture:    Westmere
    • Platform:    Calpella
    • Processor core:  Arrandale
  • Vídeo: Intel GMA HD (Westmere)
  • Screen: 14” Wide XGA 1280x800
  • Sound: IDT 92HD81
  • RAM: 4GB DD3

Boa sorte,
Paulo

EFI.zip

dsdt_Dell_Latitude_E6410.aml

Edited by augustopaulo

Hello

I've been struggling to get the 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI kexts for High Sierra to work for a while now

I've even tried installing Sierra and Yosemite to get at least a glimpse of normal behaviour but every time I load any of these kexts I get a white screen.

I am able to work behind the white screen: Command + Space -> Terminal -> sudo reboot

What I did for about three weeks on and off struggling with this laptop:

- I extracted EDID from the lcd manual because trying to read it with any utility was useless (errors)

- tested with the patched kexts for LCD+VGA, Single, W1 because that's what my ubuntu 14.04 intel reg dump says

- tested with clean kexts for High Sierra and Clover On-The-Fly patches provided somewhere in this post by Giofrida

- went full-on patching madness on DSDT (trying to understand the works behind it)

- removed all _DSM methods before adding the required patches (just adding the _DSM method in GFX0 device resulted in errors)

- even changed the CPU from a i5-450M to a i3-330M ... same result

I tried many Intel HD kexts along the way ... all resulting in the dreaded white screen...

The only driver that got me to at least see that some kexts were loaded for graphics, was one based on Natit.kext (loaded) with Geforce.kext, NVDAGF100Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext (all three with an error and not loaded)

While all online videos work inside the browser, in a video player I can't see anything but flickering (no image, only sound)

I'm lost at this point... I don't know what's the next step...

Acer5733Z.zip

What's working: WiFi AR5B97 (AtherosWiFiInjector.kext I found somewhere online so I shouldn't keep patching Atheros40 after each update), Audio (AppleHDA Patcher and AppleALC witch I will have to use after every update), Battery readings (DSDT), Card Reader (DSDT), Camera (OOB I think)

What's not working: Graphics (QE/CI), Brightness (struggled with this one too), BCM Gbit (not really needed), Sleep (would be nice)

Edited by badrianiulian

good news for Mojave with the IntelHD-Kext's 1.Gen

In Mojave the IntelHD Kext are officially no longer included. Once in the cache, they are not overwritten during the update.
When I upgraded from Beta 2 to Beta 3 I had a clean picture in the installer and immediately QE/CI at the first start after installation.
Now the IntelHD Kext's 1.Gen work like OOB. No more work needed after the update.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2018 at 9:24 AM, MacPeet said:

good news for Mojave with the IntelHD-Kext's 1.Gen

In Mojave the IntelHD Kext are officially no longer included. Once in the cache, they are not overwritten during the update.
When I upgraded from Beta 2 to Beta 3 I had a clean picture in the installer and immediately QE/CI at the first start after installation.
Now the IntelHD Kext's 1.Gen work like OOB. No more work needed after the update.

Hello, @MacPeet,

I wonder if you can help me a little bit.

Tomorrow I will receive an HP Pavilion dv6 1st gen with i5-430 and Intel HD Graphics. I have another Pavilion dv6, 2n gen i7 with High Sierra and planning to clone the SSD from the 2n gen dv6 to the 1st gen dv6: so, I’m using the cloning method.

I need to know:

- Do I need kexts from somewhere? Which kexts? Can you share the ones you are using and working for you even in Mojave?

- Do I have to patch on-the-fly some kexts with Clover? Can you share your config.plist file?

- Do I need to do something more to boot High Sierra on my new computer?

Thank you very much,

PS My idea is simply updating the clover folder and changing the required kexts and boot the system, I’ve done this other times with other computers, and it usually works for me.

EDIT: I've tried to download (1st Gen) Intel HD Graphics Kexts 10.12 L from here:

And I get a list with a tone of zips. Which one is the 10.12L? There's no file called 10.12L.

Edited by skyfly555

@skyfly555

I can not help you much. I have another computer.
You have to read Post # 1 and there are downloads of the Kexte.
The downloads of the old systems have more choice of framebuffer kext.
You have to find the right Framebuffer Kext for your system.
I work with 4 Kext's from 10.12L and FramebufferKext from Yosemite.
My FramebufferKext is still from Yosemite. This kext also works here with Mojave. I work with LW1 Alternate2 Duallink 1600x900.
You have another system. You have to try the Kext's from the download in post # 1 !!!

Edited by MacPeet

5 minutes ago, MacPeet said:

@skyfly555

I can not help you much. I have another computer.
You have to read Post # 1 and there are downloads of the Kexte.
The downloads of the old systems have more choice of framebuffer kext.
You have to find the right Framebuffer Kext for your system.
I work with 4 Kext's from 10.12 and FramebufferKext from Yosemite.
My FramebufferKext is still from Yosemite. This kext also works here with Mojave. I work with LW1 Alternate2 Duallink 1600x900.
You have another system. You have to try the Kext's from the download in post # 1 !!!

Thank you for pointing me which versions of kexts I can try.

So, you are using the kexts called Intel HD Graphics QECI Legacy 10.12.zip

although I can use other FramebufferKext if I need them.

Good to know this.

Edited by skyfly555

22 hours ago, skyfly555 said:

Thank you for pointing me which versions of kexts I can try.

So, you are using the kexts called Intel HD Graphics QECI Legacy 10.12.zip

although I can use other FramebufferKext if I need them.

Good to know this.

I answer myself.

Some artifacts with Google Chrome, but not with Waterfox/Firefox. I have QE/CI.

The process followed: I have cloned High Sierra 10.13.4 from a 2n gen i7 H3000 Pavilion dv6, created as described here.

And then I've taken the patched DSDT, IntelHD kexts and config.plist from this other post from Insanelymac (a very similar 1st gen dv6).

Just now, skyfly555 said:

I answer myself.

Some artifacts with Google Chrome, but not with Waterfox/Firefox. I have QE/CI.

The process followed: I have cloned High Sierra 10.13.4 from a 2n gen i7 H3000 Pavilion dv6, created as described here.

And then I've taken the patched DSDT, IntelHD kexts and config.plist from this other post from Insanelymac (a very similar 1st gen dv6).

I have those artifacts myself too using 1º gen. For now i spotted them at chrome playing videos and such and in spotify app. Do not know if its a solvable problem or if its just incompatibility with such old computers.

Edited by mrblamz

7 hours ago, mrblamz said:

I have those artifacts myself too using 1º gen. For now i spotted them at chrome playing videos and such and in spotify app. Do not know if its a solvable problem or if its just incompatibility with such old computers.

Thank you for saying this, good to know it. I'm happy I can have QE/CI in this old computer, it's great: I use Waterfox and it's ok for me, just the other people who use this computer are Chrome-addicts, I will uninstall it :)

19 hours ago, skyfly555 said:

Thank you for saying this, good to know it. I'm happy I can have QE/CI in this old computer, it's great: I use Waterfox and it's ok for me, just the other people who use this computer are Chrome-addicts, I will uninstall it :)

On 7/18/2018 at 3:59 PM, mrblamz said:

I noticed that this happens with all the apps where Hardware acceleration is on.

You can disable it in most apps and you won't have a problem :)

1 minute ago, pashoni said:

I noticed that this happens with all the apps where Hardware acceleration is on.

You can disable it in most apps and you won't have a problem :)

I don't understand what's "it"... disable QE/CI? Could you give me an example, for example, how to disable "it" in Chrome?

Thank you!

Another thing I'm trying: getting brightness control.

Please, if you are using High Sierra and you can adjust brightness, can you tell me which kexts or method are you using to get it?

26 minutes ago, Hervé said:

"it" means exactly what was referenced right before: hardware acceleration in apps (not macOS graphics acceleration per sé). In Chrome where you'll find it under Preferences->Settings->System...

Thank you very much! I didn't know it could be changed!

Now it's great, no more artifacts :)

Can we get backlight control? I'm trying AppleBacklightInjector.kext (with the clover patch and ssdt-pnlf) as with my other hackintoshes, with no success at the momet.

Thank you again,

23 hours ago, MacPeet said:

@evilouse    ¿¿¿¿¿¿

special edition? For what? Why?
Your question without further information is meaningless and does not belong here!
Clover latest versions are free downloadable !!!

Because in page one said that we use clover special edition, so I ask question...

7 minutes ago, evilouse said:

Because in page one said that we use clover special edition, so I ask question...

Yeah.. it seems the guides were not updated yet for a long time ago.

Just use createinstallmedia for OS X USB Installer, then manually install Clover package. :)

Man, when I "grow" up, I hope I can reach this kind of wisdom (I mean, hard work), I read the entirely Guide just to know why I can have native resolution on my Laptop, thanks for the Guide, I like to read that kind of in deep Guide.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, rc3105 said:

"The easiest way that you can create an OS X USB installer with Clover is by using Chris111's Clover 2.3K Special Edition Installer (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/403-clover-v23k-special-edition/)."

Anybody have a valid link to that version of clover?

Old, use createinstallmedia then manually install Clover package from SourceForge to USB's ESP are more than enough:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 10.XX.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USBname --nointeraction