[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

On 26/02/2019 at 22:27, Rikchell said:

Je suis en train d’installer High Sierra avec un Core i7 620m (graphiques Intel hd de première génération), mais il est impossible de l’activer. Quelqu'un a un kext qui fonctionne sur la haute sierra? ty

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, the problems from 10.14.4 are solved.
1st generation Intel HD Graphics - the way is not over!!!
normal graphics patch of the Intel Kext's and:

Rollback from 10.14.3:

GPUSupport.framework to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks
OpenGL.framework to /System/Library/Frameworks

DP5 10.14.4 works well again with transparency and acceleration.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 2:32 PM, MacPeet said:

Good news, the problems from 10.14.4 are solved.
1st generation Intel HD Graphics - the way is not over!!!
normal graphics patch of the Intel Kext's and:

Rollback from 10.14.3:

GPUSupport.framework to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks
OpenGL.framework to /System/Library/Frameworks

DP5 10.14.4 works well again with transparency and acceleration.

Good day my friend. Im using the high Sierra on 1st gen. From what you said I can go to Mojave 14.4 ? where can I find this frameworks ? Ty

Good evening sorry for my English but come on, I own a Sony Vaio VPCEB laptop, i3 330m Arrandale LVDS Graphics and I can not activate the qe / ci acceleration with the framebuffers of this post, I tried to patch the FB kext but I did not get results I tested several methods shared by users in this same thread, but still no result, I get hackintosh mojave 10.14 but with only 4mb of VRAM when injecting the kexts I have white screen, VBIOS patch in Clover also does not work I usually use SMBIOS MacBookPro10,1 but also tried to use MacBookPro6, 2 and 6.1 also unsuccessfully tried to use IntelHdGraphicsPatcher by giofrida, please help I am already several days trying to solve this problem without any success I own a hackintosh Mojave 10.14 active on an asus laptop with i3 2330m intel hd graphics 3000 e did not give me as much work as this D: 

THAKS FOR HELP GUYS, REALLY HELPED ME ASF :sick:

Edited by bobzil

Hi all,

I've found this forum recently, I plan to do a setup USB for an old Lenovo T410 (with i5 m540 CPU/ no dedicated GPU)

But I've stucked.

1. The linked clover version can't downloadable.

2. If I try to use a clover with same version (not special edition), even if the El Capitan install app on the Application folder, when I want to install clover to the pendrive, the install app not in the selectable items like in the picture.

I've tryed it under a virtual Mohave, and under a snow leopard, and mountain lion Hackintosh, but install app not seen.

What did i do wrong? Or how can I download the right Clover?

Edited by sirkope
misstype

• 2 weeks later...
On 6 de febrero de 2019 at 10:36 PM, Badruzeus said:

This method was still working long time ago under Snow Leopard (10.6.8) on my laptop with IntelHD 1st Gen graphics.

I attached my worked FB kext if you wanna give a try (also provided on above link, actually. Not sure if mine will give diff. result).

It was "2nd Stage Boot Glitch" WhateverGreen already solved this issue, tested upto 10.14.3 (18D43) and it works. Another method is using KextToPatch via Clover. Below is for 10.13.x - 10.14.x:

Reveal hidden contents

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Fix Second Stage Boot Glitch</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AQAAdSI=
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x,10.14.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AQAA6yI=
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>

Choose only one, between WEG or KextToPatch and don't use altogether.

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext_10.6.8.zip

Then I can install 10.6.2 and the kext attached? Sorry for answering so late: 3

Cant seem to get my laptop to boot with any of the kexts on HS 10.13.6. Some of them just reboot at the boot attempt, some just load up to 100% and just stay there.

I5-580M

8GB RAM

Toshiba Satellite L655 /H55 Express Chipset

20 hours ago, koolp said:

Cant seem to get my laptop to boot with any of the kexts on HS 10.13.6. Some of them just reboot at the boot attempt, some just load up to 100% and just stay there.

I5-580M

8GB RAM

Toshiba Satellite L655 /H55 Express Chipset

Nvm was able to resolve this... Had to use the natit.kext which allows it to work properly, but I guess patching the DSDT is a better method that I will have to check out. Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L655-S5069 if anyone else is ever interested in getting to work on that old of a laptop the Patch I used for HS was (macOS Sierra FB, SingleLink, Normal...., LW1 + natit)

Edited by koolp

Thanks to all, this community is really great, I knew more about OS X in many aspects, I could see the implementations and changes from 10.6.8 to 10.14, the first system I wanted to try was Snow Leopard and curiously go through all the versions and This is the last one, I am very happy, if I can help someone with the same laptop as me (toshiba satellite l500-sp6018m) It would be great, even if you do not have the same laptop I want to learn more, Thanks again :)
Greetings from Mexico!!!!! , Enjoy the holidays. :fishing:

Captura de pantalla 2019-04-19 a las 02.28.07.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-04-19 a las 02.31.51.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-04-19 a las 02.32.26.png

Captura de pantalla 2019-04-19 a las 02.35.41.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 5:42 PM, MacPeet said:

Hello,

Have you tried it, or just saw the comment? I ask it because I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T410 i5 m520, no dedicated GPU. I'm stuck with enabling the QE/CI on it. Unfortunatelly, when I started creating a Mojave USB install, the stock install was already 10.14.4. (I've tried with Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, but all of them freezed before OSX install menu appeared.) I've tried dosdude1 method, but it seems to me that it works only unsupported APPLE hardwares, not on Hackintosh. I've tried install the 10.4.4accel.zip, but the install.sh runs on errors, and it recquired LegacyVideoDriver install before it. When I did it, using dosdude1 post-install tool, it messed up the video, 1/4 of the display was ok, then were bars in the screen messed up, then bars with ok, and the whole screen looks like interlaced. But I couldn't use it in this way. So I re-install OSX.

Hello' guy ..please i have hpg62 with ATI 5470 On board and of course first generation graphic Intel...i have try to istall El capitan ( Legacy mode ) with old clover (4200 rev) when i see GUI clover and put installation him returne immediatly on GUI clover...pls what i Need ? 

43 minutes ago, Hervé said:

@magnifico, you're off topic. And those 1st gen HP laptops only run on the discrete GPU. Somehow they disable the iGPU.

Why of topic ? I have HP laptop with first generation graphic...what you mean disable iGPU ? you mean BIOS mod that disabled intel GPU ?

On 4/28/2019 at 6:29 PM, sirkope said:

Hello,

Have you tried it, or just saw the comment? I ask it because I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T410 i5 m520, no dedicated GPU. I'm stuck with enabling the QE/CI on it. Unfortunatelly, when I started creating a Mojave USB install, the stock install was already 10.14.4. (I've tried with Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan, but all of them freezed before OSX install menu appeared.) I've tried dosdude1 method, but it seems to me that it works only unsupported APPLE hardwares, not on Hackintosh. I've tried install the 10.4.4accel.zip, but the install.sh runs on errors, and it recquired LegacyVideoDriver install before it. When I did it, using dosdude1 post-install tool, it messed up the video, 1/4 of the display was ok, then were bars in the screen messed up, then bars with ok, and the whole screen looks like interlaced. But I couldn't use it in this way. So I re-install OSX.

MacPeet? Anyone?

@sirkope

It does not work like that.
Dosdude1 LegacyVideoDriver are for old NVIDIA or AMD only.

Read Post # 1 !!! There Download for IntelHD-Kext 1.Gen.
First, find the right framebuffer kext (normal / alternate / alternate2) for your Lenovo.

12 minutes ago, MacPeet said:

@sirkope

It does not work like that.
Dosdude1 LegacyVideoDriver are for old NVIDIA or AMD only.

Read Post # 1 !!! There Download for IntelHD-Kext 1.Gen.
First, find the right framebuffer kext (normal / alternate / alternate2) for your Lenovo.

So, do you mean, that I should use Intel HD Graphics QECI Legacy 10.12 kexts from post # 1 combine with dosdude1's 10.4.4accel?

When I've tried to run his install.sh script, I've also faced with a problem, I didn't have the right to re-write folders. Scrits not copied the contents to its place. How can I handle this?

@sirkope

You should try an older OSX first. Easier than the same Mojave.

Download Intel HD Graphics QECI 10.10.4.zip offers more framebuffers (SingleLink / DualLink) !!!

My Medion Lappi with i3 380M works since Yosemite with the same framebuffer kext (Duallink / Alternate2 / lw1... here 1600x900).

You have to find the right framebuffer for your Lenovo!!!

Try all Framebuffer Kext's one after the other!!!

I'm currently working with 4 Kext's from Intel HD Graphics QECI Legacy 10.12 + my framebuffer kext still from Yosemite download.

to Mojave:
I do not use the 10.4.4accel script, I just overwrite the files in the system.

10.14.4:
Rollback OpenGL.framework and GPUSupport.framework from 10.14.3

here currently 10.14.5 DP4:
Rollback OpenGL.framework and GPUSupport.framework + CoreDisplay.framework from 10.14.3

see IntelHD-Kext 1.Gen in the system:

IntelHD_Kext_1_Gen.thumb.png.e6daaf1757cafba7d2617ea374c45b02.png

• Like 1

" You should try an older OSX first. Easier than the same Mojave. "

From 10.7 to 10.14 only Mojave install usb worked, others failed to boot.

" Download Intel HD Graphics QECI 10.10.4.zip offers more framebuffers (SingleLink / DualLink) !!! "

Got it.

"

I'm currently working with 4 Kext's from Intel HD Graphics QECI Legacy 10.12 + my framebuffer kext still from Yosemite download.

"

I've tried with Duallink (res 1440x900) / Normal, Alternate, Alternate2 / lw1 from Yosemite, and the

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext,

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

from Intel HD Graphics QECI Legacy 10.12, but hanged before reached desktop.

I've tried using Intel HD Graphics QECI Legacy 10.12 patched FB.kext (macOS Sierra Framebuffer -> Unmodified Framebuffer ->Safe Mode Enabled, but still hangs.

I've finish for today, I gotta go to work tomorrow.

Ideas? Or I still doing something wrong?

PS: Rollback? What does it means?

@sirkope

The way is already correct, but I can not find the right framebuffer for you. I do not have your device. Try everything after the Mojave install:
(Normal, Alternate, Alternate2 / lw1 to lw4) from Yosemite, and the

from Intel HD Graphics QECI Legacy 10.12 for HS or Mojave !!!

Rollback Frameworks:
I copy and overwrite only. With frameworks this goes.
10.14.4:
GPUSupport.framework to / System / Library / PrivateFrameworks
OpenGL.framework to / System / Library / Frameworks
10.14.5:
CoreDisplay.framework to / System / Library / Frameworks

edit:
Here, update to beta DP5 10.14.5 here without problems.
IntelHD graphics are still working, with the patches for Mojave. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by MacPeet

• 3 weeks later...
  • Hello, can somebody help's me?I have Acer Aspire 5733 with Intel core I3 (380m), i delete 1 kext ---- AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext,after this installation was normally<but ater this i cant boot my hackintosh,i have black screen and reboot, please help me

On 5/9/2019 at 3:51 PM, MacPeet said:

@sirkope

The way is already correct, but I can not find the right framebuffer for you. I do not have your device. Try everything after the Mojave install:
(Normal, Alternate, Alternate2 / lw1 to lw4) from Yosemite, and the

from Intel HD Graphics QECI Legacy 10.12 for HS or Mojave !!!

Rollback Frameworks:
I copy and overwrite only. With frameworks this goes.
10.14.4:
10.14.5:
CoreDisplay.framework to / System / Library / Frameworks

edit:
Here, update to beta DP5 10.14.5 here without problems.
IntelHD graphics are still working, with the patches for Mojave. :thumbsup_anim:

Hi friend can you tell me where can i find the coredisplay.framework