[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, nijhawank said:

@Badruzeus

I tried AppleIntelHDGraphics kexts from 10.13.6 (what you provided, also did a "kextcache -i /" afterwards) and the KextsToPatch entries from GoldFish64 repository. I removed all the SingleLink patches (as my screen has a resolution of 1440x900 hence requires Dual Link) and created Dual Link patches using Clover and Find/Replace entries that you provided. However, the macOS resets at the around 70% when the FB initializes.

Try changing this on your config:

<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>DualLink Patch 2 (MatchOS: 10.11.x)</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<true/>
</dict>

If it still won't work, neither me know how to. On my case is using SingleLink (1366x768).

#EDIT: Ah, but above change doesn't make sense, since you're using "MatchOS=10.11.x". I have no idea then.

Edited by Badruzeus

@Badruzeus

I fixed the problem by removing the dual link patches. They are not required as the kexts are by default for dual link and we need single link patches. If one has dual link, no need for any patches.

Thanks for your help else I'd have stuck with that weird flicker. Now I just need to patch that small second stage flickr. I cannot use whatevergreen as it breaks intelbacklight (which I must use because of my hardware which does not use expose pwm registers needed for native brightness control)

• Like 1

Hello! I have a problem. Install the framebuffer until you get the macOS booted. and now the screen was distorted by having put the LW1. Try to inject the kext of intelHD from the clover as the past times and it does not fit, I can not access the macOS in any way. What I can do?

I have the High Sierra and everything was fine until I selected that Framebuffer. What I did to jump bootlop was to inject the Intel HD from the Clover. But now that solution no longer works for me and the screen is still distorted. I have an Intel Core i3-370M and it is an HP G42 with its factory display. Until now I came to Alternative 2 IOPCI and it was because it could pass the bootlop, but it distorted

Edited by RyuDragon
Lack of information

Hey guys can you told me how to get Mac os high Sierra USB installer for Intel first gen .

I tried making USB installer but after dsmos arrived it says 

Unsupported CPU

Unsupported PCH

And after that some strange type graphics come on screen.

Specs : i5-520m

Lenovo g560

On 2/10/2019 at 3:36 AM, nijhawank said:

Now I just need to patch that small second stage flickr. I cannot use whatevergreen as it breaks intelbacklight (which I must use because of my hardware which does not use expose pwm registers needed for native brightness control)

Since you didn't use WhateverGreen, what you need is "Fix Second Stage Boot Glitch" via KextToPatch method.

I see no reason why it doesn't work for you; on my case is fine with 10.13.6 & 10.14.3:

<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Fix Second Stage Boot Glitch</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AQAAdSI=
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x,10.14.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AQAA6yI=
                </data>
            </dict>

Also check config.plist - BootGraphics; leave "DefaultBackgroundColor" > Empty (Auto)

Edited by Badruzeus

13 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

Since you didn't use WhateverGreen, what you need is "Fix Second Stage Boot Glitch" via KextToPatch method.

I see no reason why it doesn't work for you; on my case is fine with 10.13.6 & 10.14.3:

Reveal hidden contents

<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Fix Second Stage Boot Glitch</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AQAAdSI=
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.13.x,10.14.x</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AQAA6yI=
                </data>
            </dict>

Also check config.plist - BootGraphics; leave "DefaultBackgroundColor" > Empty (Auto)

"Fix Second Stage Boot Glitch" has not worked like many others reported. Apparently, it works for some and not for others, don't know what could be the reason.

Anyways, this glitch is far better than the previous hard flicker that lasted couple of seconds.

I discovered one more weird issue. I have a perfectly running hackintosh with just two issues (brightness and the above glitch). On brightness, my conclusion is that my hardware does not use IGPU PWM registers and therefore AppleBacklightFixup or the latest implementation in WhateverGreen is not compatible. However, I wanted to try one more time.

So I once again prepared what I needed to do for WEG and tested. And I never reached the login screen. Tried few more combinations but nothing helped. 

1. Eventually, I restored everything to the way it was and now my graphics is garbled, as if KextsToPatch entries are not working. I tried rebuilding kextcache many times by entering in single user mode and rebooting many times but it didn't help.

2 - I finally restored to the earlier statically patched El Capitan AppleIntelHDGraphics kexts and rebooted. It worked (of course with that hard flickr)

3 - I restored once again to the unmodified HS AppleIntelHDGraphics kexts and rebooted. It worked, but why?

There was absolutely no difference between step 1 and 3, except that I temporarily restored to statically patched kexts in step 2. 

One another question is what ig-platform-id do you use with WEG for Intel 1st Gen Graphics?

On 11/9/2017 at 3:48 AM, Goldfish64 said:

Does anyone have functioning brightness control on 10.13 using the AppleBacklightInjector kext?

Nope, but old @mnorthern DSDT patching method is still working for getting my Native (ACPI) Brightness on macOS Mojave 10.14.3 with the help of Rehabman's IntelBacklight.kext. The only issue is Fn+Keys for Brightness change didn't work, neither Slider on Display pref (I've applied ACPIDebug + Intrument_QXX to get my Fn+Keys through patched DSDT, no issue with 10.11.x).

Ah, nevermind.. BergDesign's Brightness.app is still good; it uses ACPI way.. doesn't spread the Screen with Black Fill color. My screenshot below is when using the app on 50% level, if you see it darker on your screen.. probably I was wrong. (Slider & Bezel are just cosmetics #LoL Brightness is accessible via Top MenuBar, and it looks like hidden bcoz Mojave DarkMode)

Screenshot 2019-02-12 at 00.47.32.png

IntelBacklight.kext_v1.0.12.zip

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hervé said:

ig-platform-id? What ig-platform-id ??? :lol:

Re: 2nd stage boot glitch, you probably don't have the correct IOGraphicsFamily patch in place...

75 22 to EB 22 in High Sierra and Mojave

I'm using the patch provided by @Badruzeus

Ok so I take that ig-platform-id is not a thing with 1st Gen intel graphics. I am very new to hackintosh scene so learning it day by day. But anyways that's not important as I said, I can bear the minor glitch as its much better than the hard flickr with statically patched kexts from El Capitan.

However, the main weirdness is with this...

46 minutes ago, nijhawank said:

So I once again prepared what I needed to do for WEG and tested. And I never reached the login screen. Tried few more combinations but nothing helped. 

1. Eventually, I restored everything to the way it was and now my graphics is garbled, as if KextsToPatch entries are not working. I tried rebuilding kextcache many times by entering in single user mode and rebooting many times but it didn't help.

2 - I finally restored to the earlier statically patched El Capitan AppleIntelHDGraphics kexts and rebooted. It worked (of course with that hard flickr)

3 - I restored once again to the unmodified HS AppleIntelHDGraphics kexts and rebooted. It worked, but why?

@nijhawank

You need non-modified (vanilla) AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB* && IOGraphicsFamily* for using with KextToPatch method.

If those kexts are modified (or already patched eg. by binary edit with HexFind.app); guessing KTP won't work bcoz binary missmatch or "Find" value got no result though you've rebuilt prelinkedkernel && kernelcache several times. Check them with: $ sudo kextcache -i / (for any invalid signature). Choose only one method, use Vanilla kexts + KTP.. or patched kexts only.

And if kexts that come from pre-installed macOS system named "Vanilla", there's no Vanilla AppleIntelHDGraphics* on LE/SLE since Mojave 10.14 bcoz Apple have removed it's support. On this case is using them from 10.12.x or 10.13.x; as long as binaries are not touched; we could named it as non-modified < so KextToPatch is still working.

Edited by Badruzeus

33 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Nope, but old @mnorthern DSDT patching method is still working for getting my Native (ACPI) Brightness on macOS Mojave 10.14.3 with the help of Rehabman's IntelBacklight.kext. The only issue is Fn+Keys for Brightness change didn't work, neither Slider on Display pref (I've applied ACPIDebug + Intrument_QXX to get my Fn+Keys through patched DSDT, no issue with 10.11.x).

Ah, nevermind.. BergDesign's Brightness.app is still good; it uses ACPI way.. doesn't spread the Screen with Black Fill color. My screenshot below is when using the app on 50% level, if you see it darker on your screen.. probably I was wrong. (Slider & Bezel are just cosmetics #LoL Brightness is accessible via Top MenuBar, and it looks like hidden bcoz Mojave DarkMode)

I also use BergDesign's Brightness app along with either of IntelBacklight or ACPIBacklight. Both works, but I see that when using IntelBacklight, the brightness always get sets to minimum on reboot. I use EmuVariableUefi and the problem is not with ACPIBacklight. 

Do you face the same problem with IntelBacklight?

5 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

@nijhawank

You need non-modified (vanilla) AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB* && IOGraphicsFamily* for using with KextToPatch method.

If those kexts are modified (or already patched eg. by binary edit with HexFind.app); guessing KTP won't work bcoz binary missmatch or "Find" value got no result even you've rebuilt prelinkedkernel && kernelcache several times. Check them with: $ sudo kextcache -i / (for any invalid signature). Choose only one method, use Vanilla kexts + KTP.. or patched kexts only.

And if kexts that come from pre-installed macOS system named "Vanilla", there's no Vanilla AppleIntelHDGraphics* on LE/SLE since Mojave 10.14 bcoz Apple have removed it's support. On this case is using them from 10.12.x or 10.13.x; as long as binaries are not touched; we could named it as non-modified < so KextToPatch is still working.

Yes, in step 1, when I restored everything to the original working state, the kexts were vanilla High Sierra. That's why I said, there is no understandable difference between step 1 and step 3. Don't know how temporarily switching to statically patched El Capitan kexts, rebooting and reverting once again to vanilla kexts made it work.

14 minutes ago, nijhawank said:

I also use BergDesign's Brightness app along with either of IntelBacklight or ACPIBacklight. Both works, but I see that when using IntelBacklight, the brightness always get sets to minimum on reboot. I use EmuVariableUefi and the problem is not with ACPIBacklight. 

Do you face the same problem with IntelBacklight?

I'm not having that issue, seems working fine here so far. I use Legacy only, so.. EmuVariable* is not in use.

Does your mach have UEFI support? Have you tried with AptioMemoryFix instead of OsxAptio+EmuVariable?

(But about UEFI or Aptio is #OffTopic here, I guess).

Edited by Badruzeus

4 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

I'm not having that issue, seems working fine here so far. I use Legacy only, so.. EmuVariable* is not used here.

Does your mach have UEFI support? Have you tried with AptioMemoryFix instead of OsxAptio+EmuVariable?

(But about UEFI or Aptio is #OffTopic here, I guess).

I know its off-topic but just wanted to reply. My machine is Lenovo T410 (with series 5 chipset). It does not have support for UEFI but only BIOS.

I tried AptioMemoryFix (and other versions, one by one) but it didn't work, so I resorted to using EmuVariableUefi.

17 hours ago, nijhawank said:

I know its off-topic but just wanted to reply. My machine is Lenovo T410 (with series 5 chipset). It does not have support for UEFI but only BIOS.

I tried AptioMemoryFix (and other versions, one by one) but it didn't work, so I resorted to using EmuVariableUefi.

As far as I know, EmuVariable*, AptioMemoryFix*, OsxAptio* are for UEFI. Did you check "rc.script" when Clover Legacy install? Sorry, I guess you need fixing your hackintosh setups that are not related to IntelHD Graphics 1st Gen. So.., let's stop such #OffTopic. Create a new separated thread as @Hervé has said many many times..!!!

Edited by Badruzeus

On 2/7/2019 at 8:33 AM, Badruzeus said:

I think you're using AppleIntelHDGraphics* from 10.12.x., I remember got those WhiteScreen for secs on boot (though, should be fixed with WEG or KTP above, tested all of them). Sometimes It's better installing Lilu + PlugIns on LE as @Herve has said. Or if you're playing with Clover, (and kexts located on \efi\clover\kexts\other) use config.plist - System Parameters - InjectKexts=Yes. I attached Lilu, WEG, and patched IOGraphicsFamily.kext (10.14.3) + AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext (from old 10.13) below. You've to uncheck / Disable KTP related to IntelHD 1st Gen & IOGraphicsFamily if using these patched versions.

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext_10.13.x.zip

IOGraphicsFamily.kext_10.14.3.zip

Lilu_v1.3.3_20190128.zip

WhateverGreen__v1.2.7_20190103.zip

#EDIT: You also need using other AppleIntelHD* (kext + bundle) from 10.13.x, not only ~FB.kext above.

What about the sleep and wake from sleep with these kexts?

Since I upgraded to HSierra my hack won't wake from sleep, dark screen. But it works perfectly with Sierra.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, calmesal said:

What about the sleep and wake from sleep with these kexts?

Since I upgraded to HSierra my hack won't wake from sleep, dark screen. But it works perfectly with Sierra.

It won't work on my case, not sure. Probably was laptop specific issue. I've patched _PRW methods on DSDT as well, should be no issue on another laptop with different gfx. Honestly I never use mach sleep, but only Display.

@Badruzeus

I fixed the annoying second stage boot graphics glitch. The problem was that I was using Intel->Inject=True but without that it couldn't load the frame buffer. So I had it always enabled.

I re-read the 1st post in this thread, and in the troubleshooting section, it said if it stucks at spinning wheel and desktop never loads, you will need to inject certain properties in the DSDT. I had never tried this earlier, because for me it was working with Intel->Inject=True.

So I tried disabling it and I injected the following _DSM method to my IGPU device (and renamed the original one to XDSM) and voila it worked. No more that annoying flickr.

Thank you for being so patient with all my never ending questions and hats off to all the amazing people who have made all of this possible.

+                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
+                {
+                    Store (Package ()
+                        {
+                            "AAPL,os-info",
+                            Buffer ()
+                            {
+                                0x30, 0x49, 0x01, 0x11, 
+                                0x01, 0x10, 0x08, 0x00, 
+                                0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 
+                                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
+                                0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF
+                            },
+                            
+                            "VRAM,totalsize",
+                                0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x12
+                            },
+                            
+                            "model",
+                                "Intel HD Graphics"
+                            }
+                            
+                        }, Local0)
+                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
+                    Return (Local0)
+                }                
+                                                

• Like 1

Hey guys please help...

Will this guide work on Desktop of High Sierra (I can downgrade as per needed)? 

I have Intel core i3 540 with Intel HD graphics (clarkdale) with same device ID 0042 .

As referred from Wikipedia ™

Please tell if I can enable graphics !!

Any help would be appreciated !

Edited by RagK

10 hours ago, kiellig said:

So the newest version of Mojave will not work on intel arrandale ?

I have this weird issue that booting the installer will shutdown my laptop right after start reading kernel cache

IMG_20190217_210425.jpg

IMG_20190217_210351.jpg

Edit boot agrs and add UseKernelCache=No 

I had the same issue and I solved it..

17 hours ago, Kielligzind said:

I used -v and -no_compat_check as well,

So i need to use no kernel cache as well ?

And i use uefi boot, maybe legacy boot is better ?

Also try checking OsxAptioFixDrv-64 while installing Clover in Driver 64 UEFI and try legacy ...

Hey guys i have a intel i5 450m in my Hp Pavilion Dm4-1165x and i cant find the correct framebuffer for my pc, i just get enter in system without the HD Graphics, someone help me pleassee???

Edited by fantomas1
What's the point by quoting a such a long post?