[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Oh guys, Hello.

So i have an Dell Inspiron N5010 with i5 450m, i have successfully installed Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.4 but i don't know what to do about intel hd graphics(newbie). What kexts should i download? Where i must install them ? Tried to understand your suggests at the topic but i couldn't. Any help would be great for me!

Hello there ! so according to this thread  , Someone was able to use Intel HD Graphics & eDP on Dell Latitude E6410 using kexts from OS X 10.6.3.

1. Could this be true ?
  2. Can those kexts be compatible with other OS X Versions ?
  3. Could someone please provide me those two AppleIntelHD* kexts from the OS X 10.6.3 so i can do some tests ?
Edited by Hamza Jeljeli TN

For some reason after I roll back the three Frameworks mentioned for 10.14.5 I lose a bunch of menu bar icons and Hackintosh no longer detects qe/ci.  Any thoughts, I’m about to clean install and try again

On 6/9/2019 at 6:15 AM, Rockystar said:

what version of osX are you trying to install?

are you using clover boot loader?

Have you tried booting with inject intel = true and platform id = 0x12345678?

hello,im tried to install el capitan,delete file like in this guide and after instal,reboot nothing happen's,i use clover with inject intel,but dont use platform id,it may help me? please tell me why you use only lion?Thanks for your help

Edited by bor7212

reboot inject intel 

platformID 0x12345678

will get you to desktop again continue to follow guide. However, you can't do ci only with elcappitan so your laptop must be LVDS to get graphics working properly.

• 2 weeks later...

I patched my framebuffer in yosemite to enable vga. My monitor res is 1440x900. I used dual link and the rest same as i use for internal. When i installed it and rebooted it worked but one side of the screen appears on the other side. Is it fixable or is it just better to use internal monitor which is single link 1366x768.

Btw did anyone tried mac os catalina? 

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-10-15-catalina-on-unsupported-macs.2183772/page-37#post-27455096 
Seems that we can have it working.

Thanks in advance

Edited by mrblamz

• 2 weeks later...

How did you do it? , what did you do?
I read something in macrumors but do not try it because I got a little confused in the process, Thanks

Edited by jgil00

1. Create USB flash drive (16GB) with dosdude's macOS Catalina Patcher 1.0b6 or higher
2. Then I have in usb/Applications/Utilities/macOS Post Install/Contents/Resources/videocardpatches/intelarrandalegraphics/  replaced the 5 IntelHD kexts with my 5 patched kexts
3. Then install Catalina from the USB flash drive (two-stage)
4. Then boot again from the USB flash drive and run the post-installer.
5. Then boot Catalina.
finished

Edited by MacPeet

• 2 weeks later...

What smbios are you using I'm getting rebooted at launched.windowsserver ran for 2 seconds.. right after I get to the grey screen. Everything I've found on this says its inky for a computer that has nvidia graphics or duel gpu. My laptop doesn't have either. Mojave runs fine

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 6:52 AM, MacPeet said:

1. Create USB flash drive (16GB) with dosdude's macOS Catalina Patcher 1.0b6 or higher
2. Then I have in usb/Applications/Utilities/macOS Post Install/Contents/Resources/videocardpatches/intelarrandalegraphics/  replaced the 5 IntelHD kexts with my 5 patched kexts
5. Then boot Catalina.
finished

I could also install the latest Catalina beta on my T410i by putting the statistically patched intelhdgraphics kexts in the usb drive.

Everything is fine except the below two points...

1. There's a hard glitch during the load of the intelhdgraphicsfb kext somewhere around 70% of the progress bar. I had it super smooth with the same kexts on Mojave. Do you have similar glitch or is it smooth for you?

2. I had wanted to enable SIP so after everything was fine, I enabled SIP (0x00) but then I see the graphics performance reduced, for example clicking the launcher button on the dock to show the apps, there's a delay of a second and is not smooth, this wasn't the case with disabled SIP (0x3e7). 

However, when I checked the kexts loaded in system report, all the intelhdgraphicsfb kexts are loaded. Any explanation why enabling SIP reduced performance or graphics acceleration.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

I'm not saying that it doesn't work, it works but there's a hard glitch at around 70% apple logo progress bar. I assume the intelhdgraphicsfb loads at this point.

This was smooth in Mojave (with a momentarily black screen and back to apple logo where it resumes the progress). Is it smooth for you in Catalina or a hard glitch?

Then my second question is about trying enabling SIP, in which I seem to loose graphics acceleration. The kext seems to be loaded per system report but I loose some transparency and performance. 

Wouldn't enabling SIP considered better for security reasons once the overall hackintosh setup is complete (all patched / custom kexts are installed and working fine)?

activated SIP and patched Kext's can not work
it does not fit together
I have full graphics acceleration.
With BluSky patch also bright menu bar.
Apple logo does not help. Use Verbose-Mode -v !!!
Everything is great here.
This may help for unsupported Mac's:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-10-14-mojave-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2121473/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-10-15-catalina-on-unsupported-macs.2183772/

• 4 weeks later...

HP Probook 4420s i3-330M
I have successfully installed Mojave 10.14.6 but I can not install it to receive full QE / CI, I get the kext of 10.12 installed, the boot will flash white screen or the screen will only show black gear running continuously .
Get everyone to help install the full QE / CI

• 1 month later...

Hows it going gurus? I know that i may be reaching a bit here but it's good to dream. My question is i'd like to know if it's possible to achieve full sleep/wake function on intel 1st gen. I'm aware that proper dsdt patches will need to be implemented in order to achieve this. Just wanted to know if i can achieve this with my pavilion dv6-2155dx lappy. Laptop goes to sleep just fine, but wakes up to a black screen and nothing could be seen on display.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I follows the steps in first floor instruction in High Serria. 10.13.6. but failed. it will reboot auto. i cannot get to mac os desktop. I tried Intel HD Graphics QECI Legacy 10.12 all Normal, Alternate and Alternate 2 framebuffer. No one works. frustrated.

my laptop is LVDS and resolutuon is 1366*768, so i use singlelink files.

CPU is i3-390M dual graphics, i used SSDT to disable the discrete ATI graphic.

can anybody give me some suggestions, thanks a lot.

Edited by TingVan

On 1/3/2020 at 5:03 PM, TingVan said:

I follows the steps in first floor instruction in High Serria. 10.13.6. but failed. it will reboot auto. i cannot get to mac os desktop. I tried Intel HD Graphics QECI Legacy 10.12 all Normal, Alternate and Alternate 2 framebuffer. No one works. frustrated.

my laptop is LVDS and resolutuon is 1366*768, so i use singlelink files.

CPU is i3-390M dual graphics, i used SSDT to disable the discrete ATI graphic.

can anybody give me some suggestions, thanks a lot.

UPDATED:

I download natit.kext and use 5 file from this post.

but i still cannot get to the OS desktop.

so i have to use ig-platform-id: 0x12345678 to get it.

curiously, the os can recognize Intel HD Graphics 128M

but no really effective. NO QE/CI.

WRONG DIRECTION: I delete natit.kext and edit the dsdt to inject info of Intel HD info.

the frame buffer still not work and will reboot automatically.

boot error:

[IGPU] virtual IOService *IntelAccelerator :: probe(IOService *, SInt32 *): Failed to map device ID:0x468086 to GPU SkU!

every time I should use 0x12345678 to get the MacOs desktop.

Update:

Today I move OS to Mojave. still no good progress. I found why every time I can get into desktop with 0x12345678, in clover I used there default setting fakeId HD 630 info DVMT. if I check off inject fake HD 630 info, even use 0x12345678, I cannot get to the OS desktop. could someone can give me some help. very appreciated.

屏幕快照 2020-01-11 下午7.10.29.png

屏幕快照 2020-01-15 上午8.52.22.png

Edited by TingVan

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 5:28 PM, TingVan said:

UPDATED:

I download natit.kext and use 5 file from this post.

but i still cannot get to the OS desktop.

so i have to use ig-platform-id: 0x12345678 to get it.

curiously, the os can recognize Intel HD Graphics 128M

but no really effective. NO QE/CI.

WRONG DIRECTION: I delete natit.kext and edit the dsdt to inject info of Intel HD info.

the frame buffer still not work and will reboot automatically.

boot error:

[IGPU] virtual IOService *IntelAccelerator :: probe(IOService *, SInt32 *): Failed to map device ID:0x468086 to GPU SkU!

every time I should use 0x12345678 to get the MacOs desktop.

Update:

Today I move OS to Mojave. still no good progress. I found why every time I can get into desktop with 0x12345678, in clover I used there default setting fakeId HD 630 info DVMT. if I check off inject fake HD 630 info, even use 0x12345678, I cannot get to the OS desktop. could someone can give me some help. very appreciated.

Yesterday i insist on trying. used another disk to install Seirra to test. finally i made it. YEAH...

i used the 5 kext from Seirra 1st post.

The next step will go back to Mojave again to find out where my action is wrong.

Sierra Graphic 2.png

Sierra Graphic.png

test on High Seirra 10.13.6, works.

but does not work well on Mojave 10.14.6 QE/CI.  lots people works fine on 10.14.14. should I only use 10.14.4? little puzzled.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 4.57.58 PM.png

Edited by TingVan

On 7/6/2019 at 9:52 PM, MacPeet said:

5. Then boot Catalina.
finished

Even in Mojave 10.14.6, S/L/E there is no AppleIntelHDGraphics*.kext such files originally. puzzled. Am i got the wrong OS sources installed? 

when i put these 5 kext into S/L/E, i cannot reach the OS desktop. I delete other 4 files only keep AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext. 

and it works without QE/CI. when i use the 10.14.4accel files from you mentioned site, there report errors. 

"extract it, cd into the extracted directory using Terminal, and then run ./install.sh." 

after that my system crashed. i don't know why. i cannot get into OS again. when reboot, thousands crashed report. should i give up 10.14.6 and only go to 10.14.4?