OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Hi IronManJFF excuse my english.  :worried_anim:

I have a question an you can probably help me with it. I have installed "EL CAPITAN" using "Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.ROM" can you pls pin point me a guide to how to enable imessage? i keep getting a message to call apple.

i generated serials for mac pro 2008 through smsbios. and changed the serial board number in terminal. but imessage still not work. yet i can see the new serial in "about this mac" (RN912F08XYL) first 11characters

your attention is appreciated.  :D

I broadcasted live while trying to shake life in the motherboard one more time. I had to run between other stuff so much during the livestream though so I had to download it and edit it to shorten it or it would have been crazy boooooring to watch (now its only booring lol). It is no serious real video I did it just for fun and to salute the AOS motherboard on its last jorney lol.

Though I already pretty much knew it was broken I did not care to be supercarefull like not smoke over it and make sure I discharge myself so theres no static electricity etc etc. The broadcast was made with my other QUO AOS motherboard/computer which is still working supergood and a thunderbolt capture card, a Panasonic G7, CamtWist and Flasn Media Live Encoder. I can not run OBS on it cause it runs on a to old os x version and I wont upgrade it just yet. 

Hi I had same problem with gigabyte board using Ozmosis, trust me I did all the things in the web for it to work, except Flashing it with SPI Programmer. Once flashed with SPI Programmer but with Original bios not the modified one, it worked! For you, you have to flash it with the one that does not have Ozmosis inside.

Then, when it work, use the modified one!

Trust me, no need for other motherboard, and don't spend more Dollars!

• Like 1

Hi I had same problem with gigabyte board using Ozmosis, trust me I did all the things in the web for it to work, except Flashing it with SPI Programmer. Once flashed with SPI Programmer but with Original bios not the modified one, it worked! For you, you have to flash it with the one that does not have Ozmosis inside.

Then, when it work, use the modified one!

Trust me, no need for other motherboard, and don't spend more Dollars!

Thanks very much for the tips.

I will investigate/read up on how to do it cause it would be really cool if I can get it back up running its way to good to end like this. Maybe I will do a live broadcast when I do it to this thread if that is ok with the mods. Ill try to give notice a little ahead if people wanna watch or give me tips cause they got a chat room on youtube live channels too.

To bad I already ordered new hardware though lol but I wanted to get new gear anyway though so its ok. Specially the gtx 1080 looks very interesting (for my videos and Davinci Resolve) and hopefully some time not to far from now it will work in a hackmac too. So Im looking forward to get a chance to see how the card works in a PC running win10 and hopefully compare with the same computer running as a hackmac.

Thanks very much for the tips.

I will investigate/read up on how to do it cause it would be really cool if I can get it back up running its way to good to end like this. Maybe I will do a live broadcast when I do it to this thread if that is ok with the mods. Ill try to give notice a little ahead if people wanna watch or give me tips cause they got a chat room on youtube live channels too.

To bad I already ordered new hardware though lol but I wanted to get new gear anyway though so its ok. Specially the gtx 1080 looks very interesting (for my videos and Davinci Resolve) and hopefully some time not to far from now it will work in a hackmac too. So Im looking forward to get a chance to see how the card works in a PC running win10 and hopefully compare with the same computer running as a hackmac.

I'm pretty sure, because your board keep rebooting each 3 second and you can not see something at screen! This was my problem with this Mobo.

just solder your bios chip, put it in programmer, download the original QUO AOS bios, run the flasher, wait a minute or two, solder the chip and you're done. In case you don't need wasting your time, find an Technical Service shop, give it with the bios ROM from QUO in USB, and let it do it for you. 

That was the wrong video Im afraid was an old ga p35 something mobo that restarted every 3 second I have on youtube too. The QUO mobo do not do that but I do suspect that it is the Bios chip thats messed up.

After a quick look it looks like it is not a very simple task so maybe its best if I can find a repair shop round here. I mean on some motherboards it looks like you have to remove the bios chip anyway to reflash it so Im thinking maybe I should email GA and ask if they might be able to program a chip with the original bios that I can buy and just replace the broken chip.

Edit: Maybe its not so hard anyway cause I probably can solder it of the board using a bend/shaped paper clip I heat up with a solder iron cause I do not think it is safe to use a heat gun on that area of the motherboard. I found a video on youtube how to do it.

Once again thanks for the tips. 

Guys, I've seen too much posts about CPUpm problems, and making new SSDT's without thinking that the problem is inside the DSDT of this QUO Board. If you take a look at it, you will see an second Scope (_PR) which is the SSDT for the 3770 series CPU.

Note that you have to delete this Scope if you do not have this CPU installed in your Board or replace it by the SSDT of your installed CPU!

And I think, this is one of the problems that cause instability for your Boards. 

That was the wrong video Im afraid was an old ga p35 something mobo that restarted every 3 second I have on youtube too. The QUO mobo do not do that but I do suspect that it is the Bios chip thats messed up.

After a quick look it looks like it is not a very simple task so maybe its best if I can find a repair shop round here. I mean on some motherboards it looks like you have to remove the bios chip anyway to reflash it so Im thinking maybe I should email GA and ask if they might be able to program a chip with the original bios that I can buy and just replace the broken chip.

Edit: Maybe its not so hard anyway cause I probably can solder it of the board using a bend/shaped paper clip I heat up with a solder iron cause I do not think it is safe to use a heat gun on that area of the motherboard. I found a video on youtube how to do it.

Once again thanks for the tips. 

Sorry, i didn't think that you shutted down your system, I've heard the CPU FAN running at maximum but I didn't see that you shutted down your system! But if it was, you will have one of those problems:

1 CPU briked

2 Motherboard CPU Socket Pins problem

3 Bios (I mean UEFI Firmware) but not the Bios chip

4 Graphics Card

But if you have another CPU, you can try it or just take a look at Motherboard CPU Socket Pins which sometimes are moved and cause this problem of black screen if no CPU or Motherboard CPU Socket Pins problem, change the external Graphics Card, if same result then go for Bios flashing with SPI, you don't have to go to the GIGABYTE or QUO, but just buy a new SPI from Ebay which it will cost you about 4 Euros or go flash Main and Backup Bios chip at anywhere shop.

I'm working in a Computer Hardware Shop, and I sometimes meat dose problems with my clients.

Edited by ammoune78

@ ammoune78 I already checked and tried all that checkout my earlier replys, I have two of these motherboards so I have another 3770k and a couple of psus and grafikscards I know work. The motherboard worked in the old case it broke wile I moved it over to a bigger case.

Running x-mass bios trying to boot Sierra 10.12.3 and I keep getting a prohibited sign on boot. Where do I need to start. I can get it to boot with a clover install stick but I can't seem to get it to boot on it's own.

Try disabling SIP in the recovery partition

Oz is not Clover. Stick with Ozmosis

Boot in single-user mode by holding Command-s at boot

when you get the the prompt

csrutil disable
shutdown -r NOW

Please create a proper system signature so we can see at a glance what we are dealing with.

First off, mad respect for all the talent/skills/knowledge in this thread.

Coming from the early days of [insert banned name], I originally chose QUO because of the promise of compatibility and ease of use. Beginning with 10.7.x and enjoying seamless upgrades through 10.9.5, everything was fabulously simple for a while. But with every macOS upgrade maintaining this QUO-based system is becoming harder and harder to justify. Sticking with QUO is not a matter of principle or even a financial consideration, it's a matter of dealing with the diminishing returns. While I do currently have a QUO/i7 system that's certainly powerful enough for anything I throw at it, it's becoming a sad reality that maintaining it might not be worth the time.

At what point do I scrap it and build an all new hackintosh with [insert banned name]?

Edited by benvigil

Coming from the early days of [insert banned name], I originally chose QUO because of the promise of compatibility and ease of use. Beginning with 10.7.x and enjoying seamless upgrades through 10.9.5, everything was fabulously simple for a while. But with every macOS upgrade maintaining this QUO-based system is becoming harder and harder to justify. Sticking with QUO is not a matter of principle or even a financial consideration, it's a matter of dealing with the diminishing returns. While I do currently have a QUO/i7 system that's certainly powerful enough for anything I throw at it, it's becoming a sad reality that maintaining it might not be worth the time.

At what point do I scrap it and build an all new hackintosh with [insert banned name]?

If your "insert banned name" is insinuation to tonymac then I'd suggest you go there now..

Any technology thats four years old is going to start having diminishing returns, even a mac. Every new update to Mac OS brings new obstacles to using a hackintosh no matter what the hardware is.

• Like 2

I love my Quo-tosh and it's performed well for 3+ years, so I'm certain this is a valid discussion to be had.

if you think the hassle of a couple of mins work in over 3 years is too much to justify, sell it and buy a mac.

My point is, this Quo-based system can no longer deliver on its original promise, based on many of the thousands of posts in this thread. Or is this thread just the outliers? It just seems like the Quo is just another hackintosh at this point.

If your "insert banned name" is insinuation to tonymac then I'd suggest you go there now..

Any technology thats four years old is going to start having diminishing returns, even a mac. Every new update to Mac OS brings new obstacles to using a hackintosh no matter what the hardware is.

...except that with the Quo, there were no obstacles whatsoever, which was the appeal. At this point, it seems to have all the same issues, work arounds, and hacks as any other non-Quo solution.

I'm not saying it sucks by any means, but what advantage does the Quo have at this point? Honestly.

• Like 1

My point is, this Quo-based system can no longer deliver on its original promise, based on many of the thousands of posts in this thread. Or is this thread just the outliers? It just seems like the Quo is just another hackintosh at this point.

You asked for it, you got it:

The only thing you need to do is to flash a damn BIOS, that is all needed for this board to work!

The majority of "thousands" posts are issues related with graphics cards, which in no way is a issue related to motherboard, or n00b's general questions.

I fail to understand how is motherboard fault the fact that Apple decided to NOT update his graphic card lines for ages and mac pro community is treated like sh*t.

For me you are another soap bubble maker like where many others before you, so we saw this movie before, came up with something new or STFU!

• Like 9

The only thing you need to do is to flash a damn BIOS, that is all needed for this board to work!

The majority of "thousands" posts are issues related with graphics cards, which in no way is a issue related to motherboard, or n00b's general questions.

I fail to understand how is motherboard fault the fact that Apple decided to NOT update his graphic card lines for ages and mac pro community is treated like sh*t.

For me you are another soap bubble maker like where many others before you, so we saw this movie before, came up with something new or STFU!

i agree 

Flash BIOS. STFU. Got it!

Wow, thanks for all your help!

I love my Quo-tosh and it's performed well for 3+ years, so I'm certain this is a valid discussion to be had.

...except that with the Quo, there were no obstacles whatsoever, which was the appeal. At this point, it seems to have all the same issues, work arounds, and hacks as any other non-Quo solution.

I'm not saying it sucks by any means, but what advantage does the Quo have at this point? Honestly.

FireWire and Thunderbolt to begin without sacrificing a slot

A Quo is still simpler to maintain than any Clover/ìnsert banned name based hack.

But you have answered your own question ... The answer is when it cannot take whatever you throw at it the you should look to build another Hack or a Mac

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

RIP Ozmosis

RIP OpenCore

due to security issues source was leaked and some companies are now selling fake'd AOS machines, i would tell people to avoid these companies.

the journey has been fun but has now come to an end.

• Like 3

RIP Ozmosis

RIP OpenCore

due to security issues source was leaked and some companies are now selling fake'd AOS machines, i would tell people to avoid these companies.

I have no words, if someone would tell me more details about this sad news.. please pm, thanks

I am going to try one more time and see if I can startup my broken quo mobo. I have had it sitting on the shelf without battery for a couple of weeks, not sure if that helps at all though lol but I hope for the best. I am going to broadcast it live on youtube Live later tonight if somebody want to watch. It is probaly going to be a very booring stream though.

Edit:

It did not work ofcourse so if somebody wants to sell their motherboard send me a PM. 

About companys profiting.

I guess they use a modified bios from this mobo and flash it to similar (probably) ga mobos and build hacks and sell? If so that really sucks but I hope the people that made this real will stay with us cause this motherboard with the specs it has is really something.

In fact they are so good they made me lazy so these days when one of them broke Im completely lost and need to catch up on lots of stuff to set up a new hack cause time in this world moves fast for an old man to keep up.

In fact I fell in love with the gtx 1080 and since theres no os x drivers for it I actually decided to go with windows and new gear. Its been hell I tell you lol Im to old for that so Im seriously thinking about reading up on stuff to make it run os x and even put it on the shelf until the gear works stable under os x (its a msi z270 board).  

RIP Ozmosis

RIP OpenCore

Please don't let OpenCore die because of this. It was all eventually going to open source anyways right? Keep up the good work and set the real code free when it is ready.

g\