HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

Install chameleon 2.1 r2069 on top of myHack usb install disk...

It might be a problem with the bootloader that comes with myHack because the only time you got into the installer you used chameleon 2.1 r2069

Let me test the bootloader that comes with myHack

Edit: I installed the myHack bootloader, I have the same com.chameleon.plist as you, deleted ati6000.kext as mentioned before.

The first time I used flags: amd_kernel arch=x86_64 npci=0x3000 -v as can be seen in the first image and it hung at jn[: disk0s3: journal replay done. as image 1.jpg from one of the previous posts.

I then rebooted and used flags: amd_kernel arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 -v, as can be seen in the second image and it booted into the install as can be seen in the third image.

post-1122366-0-66931400-1365969803_thumb.jpg

post-1122366-0-48257300-1365969834_thumb.jpg

post-1122366-0-10529000-1365970149_thumb.jpg

Edited by clemj06

@ptp here are the graphics issues I have...

If i try play the thumbnails they have graphics issues as well, green pixels and all but if I play the actual video in QT or VLC, it is fine

post-1122366-0-88633800-1365970902_thumb.png

• Like 1

Firstly as per ptp's suggestion I moved to a USB port that is behind (directly on the mother board). With this

1. PCIRootUID=0 yielded a "still waiting for root device"

2. However with PCIRootUID=1 I was stuck at a different state and no root device this time. Image attached of this.

I wanted you guys to have a look at it, it seemed like it progressed but I gave it ten minutes at this stage but nothing happened.

All of this was done without spakk's zip, I will do that once you guys have a look at this screenie

Peace

No, it's stopping at LP64, like there was no support for ssse3 instructions. No progress at all: this is a regression, in fact.

Are you sure to be using the and_kernel from the first page of this topic? Your setup should be a piece of cake, except for the graphics. I really suggest you start over. Really, i know it's frustrating, but it's the only way. When you do that, add the channel #legacykernel in the IRC chat chat.osx8.hu and ask for help there at install time.

Good luck!

@clemj06

With my current set up I will try and put the latest chameleon bootloader and see where that takes me.

@theconnactic

The kernel I use is from here - http://www.osx86.net/view/3539-amd_kernel_for_mountain_lion_10.8.2.html

By start over do you mean some new way or are you ok with what the approach I have been taking. Do you want me to make the USB installer again?

I have never used IRC before, spakk did give me the link and I tried getting in and introducing myself but I got no responses. I think I got into the hackint0sh channel though.

If i try play the thumbnails they have graphics issues as well, green pixels and all but if I play the actual video in QT or VLC, it is fine

I have the same issues. Any word on a fix...? Certain video formats play with no issues, while others have graphical corruption.

If Mountain Lion, there's no fix yet for any of the know graphics issues on any card. The fix up to date is buying a card that's proven to give the least issues.

If Lion 10.7.5, that issues should simply disappear by running it in 32-bit kernel mode.

All the best!

I have the same issues. Any word on a fix...? Certain video formats play with no issues, while others have graphical corruption.

Not yet bro, just waiting for a response from ptp or anyone else that can help...

If Mountain Lion, there's no fix yet for any of the know graphics issues on any card. The fix up to date is buying a card that's proven to give the least issues.

If Lion 10.7.5, that issues should simply disappear by running it in 32-bit kernel mode.

All the best!

talking about 10.7.5 & 10.7.5, the graphics issues are too much in 10.7.5 that I use 10.7.4...

I use the arch:i386 on both 10.7.5 and 10.7.4 and I get graphics issues on both

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=122966

That is in 10.7.4, if it was in 10.7.5 the video playing in the background would be green and have various graphical issues

Interesting. Better saying, worrisome: is your card supported by OSX out of the box? Absolutely all reports i have about 10.7.5 with Bronzovka's RC7-13 in 32-bit tells me everything but Adobe CS6 (which needs a little hacking) is working as it should without much any tinkering. You (and possibly ADHDMedia) seem to be the unlucky exception(s) (not counting users of cards that's intrinsically difficult for OSX86 even on Intel boxes).

supported out of the box. HD 6870. the best experience with my graphics was in Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

I use chameleon 2.1 r2069...I have also tested it with 2.2 r2172...

I think it is something to do with smbios... I am currently in 10.7.4, when I use pro 3.1 I get green graphical distortion when playing videos, when I use iMac 12.2, just the thumbnails... no smbios, green graphical issues, pretty weird...

What smbios do you use?

Yeah, he means create the install disk again, make sure the partition table is MBR and that your bios settings are correct...

@theconnactic, @clemj06

Is the amd_kernel link that I gave the right one or should I use something else?

I have made only one change in BIOS - set sata to AHCI. Given that my Phenom II 550 BE is overclocked all the cool'n'quiet etc are all disabled.

Please let me know if there are any other BIOS changes I should take care of.

Also should I give installing the latest chameleon a shot before I start from first. Plus the current state I am in is not too far from the initial state. All I have done is

1. Remove the ati6000.kext

2. Put in the amd_kernel

There is nothing else I have done.

BIOS) Disable C1E, Cool and Quiet, enable AHCI;

Settings) Put the and_kernel and the latest Koslec's FakeSMC (google it);

Installer USB creation) Use the method of your choice;

Bootflags for the installer media) amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v -f npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No

That at first, and only that. Good luck.

BIOS) Disable C1E, Cool and Quiet, enable AHCI;

Settings) Put the and_kernel and the latest Koslec's FakeSMC (google it);

Installer USB creation) Use the method of your choice;

Bootflags for the installer media) amd_kernel arch=x86_64 -v -f npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No

That at first, and only that. Good luck.

I am assuming you meant kozlek fakesmc - is this link ok - http://www.osx86.net...om_kozlek.html. I cannot seem to find a standalone fakesmc, it is bundled with some other binaries.

Also is the link ok for amd_kernel - http://www.osx86.net...ion_10.8.2.html

EDIT : The link I gave has the FakeSMC.kext in it which I will use. It has to go into /E/E right? This is because myHack puts it there.

@clemj06

My Secure Virtual Machine Mode was enable but the power setting was set to Auto, made it s3 only.

Made my USB with myHack, put in amd_kernel in the root, put FakeSMC.kext in /E/E

I put in the flags given by theconnactic - amd_kernel npco=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No arch=x86_64 -v -f

I end up with a "Fake SMC failed to start" (image attached)

Should I run myFix to rebuild kernel caches etc?

post-1149290-0-24448100-1366041469_thumb.jpg