HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

...Second, i'll recommend Lion 10.7.5, since it's by far the most stable for AMD machines and, since you are new to hackintosh, let's keep things easy. Grab the latest kernel for Lion here, and rename it to amd_kernel: http://www.mediafire...lnlecqnv20yvol6

Third, follow this method strictly, just adding the custom kernel to the root of the USB installer: http://www.insanelym...-for-beginners/

Then boot from your USB stick using the flags amd_kernel arch=i386 -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No (case sensitive, type exactly as written).

When you're done with these steps, post here. :)

Ok, I have build a bootable USB stick with 10.7.5, taken the recommended kernel and typed the above cited initial kernel flags.

Alas, I get the following kernel panic:

post-1143538-0-59247900-1364891049_thumb.png

I have tried with an additional flag busratio=4 but if failed, too.

In which direction to investigate further? (Original post #520)

@theconnactic,

Yes mine too 0x68F91002 and I used the kexts with download page. I checked them to abot devid "0x68F91002" and I realized its already preconfigured for this card

I haven't got orginal kexts unfortunately :( I overwrited them

zdia, start over with this method http://www.insanelym...erimental-only/ but don't use the kernels linked in the method; instead use the RC8 kernel you downloaded earlier. Good luck.

This was my first try, see post #520 with panic screenshots

The 10.7.5 image used with the previous Bronzovka kernel http://www.osx86.net...for_amd_...html results in kernel panic with EFIRuntime.kext:

post-1143538-0-83938700-1364902334_thumb.png

InsanelyMac Legend

• photo-thumb-159782.jpg?_r=1355503156
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 670 posts

snapback.pngitzvizionzx, on 01 April 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

so after 10 days of messing around i have had no help, trying to get the 9500gt to work, its ok but choppy and laggy. maybe to do with amd kernel is there anyone who knows how to get the nvidia cards working, be so gratefull

see here details and driver downloads see my [AMD] Working Builds! and download Nvidia Graphics driver

Now it's done, :thumbsup_anim: I forgot that I still have an Intel Hackintosh with Leopard. :wallbash: The installation was a success, now I'm making the adjustments and will report back later :trumpet:

Had no luck but thank you for trying anyway :wacko:

Hi, this is my first in ML kernel post, I believe this help topic is the right place to ask.

I've managed to install ML using Itakos ML and latest AnV amd_kernel.

Unfortunately i've noticed that my fsb was not properly recognized (kernel reports fsb 100Mhz while the correct value is 200Mhz).

" rtclock_init: Taking bus ratio path 1 (AMD Athlon)

TSC: Verification of clock speed not available in x86_64.

TSC: Frequency = 1358.149429MHz, FSB frequency = 104.473033MHz, bus ratio = 13

I think this results in strange behavior of my system (e.g. too fast playback of vlc, audio is out of sync).

Is there any way to correct this? I’ve tried adding commands manually fsb=200 but it was ignored.

I've run out of ideas, any advice would be appreciated,

Regards,

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 5000+ (2,6)

Motherboard: Gigabyte MA770US3

Chipset:SB700 (installed atiata.kext for ml2)

RAM: 2GB 800MHz

HDD: 1x TB DB, 500GB WD

GPU: Sapphire HD 4870

LAN: Realtek RTL813x

Sound: Realtek ALC888 ( not working yet ) temporary solution (external usb audio card)

P.S.: But when i bought the HD5450, not so long ago, when my G210 started to crash frequently, i already had 10.7.5 on my rig and used the method i linked: i guarantee it works with 10.7.5 by first hand experience. You are either using the files the author of the method linked (never do that!) or are using the device ID the author of the method used, which isn't necessarily the same of your card! Mine, for instance, is 0x68F91002: check yours and inject it correctly. Rebuild caches afterwards and boot with -f.

All the best!

and finally, after many weeks I configured my hackintosh fully works, thanks everbody for the tips.

I installed again combo 10.7.5 and edited kext manually works (your advice) and I can boot i386 and GrEn=Yes and Graphics Acceleration works properly. I installed also VoodoHDA and I can get from Z5500 DTS sound through SPDIF. It's awesome. :)

Some minor problems waiting for me:

1.) Sound come stuttering first 2-3 seconds. It's nor a big deal for music but when I make forward or pause on videos it's disturbing. Have you got guys small tipps for it?

2.) My LCD TV works 720p, but for 1:1 Pixelmapping I have to force it work with 1366*768. Is there any advice for it, too

again thanks and greetings everybody

• Like 2

i made it to the installer, partitions with the mac filesystem - non encrypted, installed the operating system. here are my launch commands

amd BusRatio=17 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -x -v -f

After the installation finish's, it fails due to an error to do with the boot drive. and advises me to use startup disk utility, i try that, select the hard disk, and it says there is an error with the hard disk and cache and that it cant boot the operating system

• Like 1

i made it to the installer, partitions with the mac filesystem - non encrypted, installed the operating system. here are my launch commands

amd BusRatio=17 GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes -x -v -f

After the installation finish's, it fails due to an error to do with the boot drive. and advises me to use startup disk utility, i try that, select the hard disk, and it says there is an error with the hard disk and cache and that it cant boot the operating system

Don't use the startup utility. Must failed install messages are fake if they appear in the end of the process, and you should have tried to boot the system normally or, at least, ask help here before trying anything on your own. Now, try it, using your USB stick but selecting your HDD: if it doesn't boot, perhaps the startup utiliy broke something, and you'll have to start over. Good luck.

and finally, after many weeks I configured my hackintosh fully works, thanks everbody for the tips.

Congrats. Audio stuttering can be, among other things, a busratio issue. Check it out. As a long-term goal, do a research about patching AppleHDA so you get native audio support instead.

All the best!

• Like 1

Don't use the startup utility. Must failed install messages are fake if they appear in the end of the process, and you should have tried to boot the system normally or, at least, ask help here before trying anything on your own. Now, try it, using your USB stick but selecting your HDD: if it doesn't boot, perhaps the startup utiliy broke something, and you'll have to start over. Good luck.

Congrats. Audio stuttering can be, among other things, a busratio issue. Check it out. As a long-term goal, do a research about patching AppleHDA so you get native audio support instead.

All the best!

Actually my sound problem has been solved via my mb's dsdt.aml. I found the exact dsdt for my mb and after that it works very well. (instead of stuttering)

Busratio didn't help me plus when I boot with x86_64 many apps doesnt work (chrome,geekbench,etc)

I think it's related 8gb ram, I'm looking for solution also this, too.

Bytheway about kernels, what would you suggest to me RC8 or RC10?

Hey theconnatic, since you've been such a huge help for me so far, I'm gonna ask you another quick question. I'm finally up and running on 10.7.5 in 64bit userland, running FCPX now with no problem. My only remaining issue has to do with audio/video sync issues. First, I have a stutter when any audio begins playing. Second, playback in FCPX and iTunes for example, is not 100%. The video is slightly slower than the audio, throwing everything off after only a second or two. Playing video through YouTube gives me no issues. Any idea where I can start looking into a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.

It can be a busratio issue (perhaps you need to add your correct busratio to your boot flags), a VoodooHDA issue (check if sse3 is enabled, if not enable it and see if there are improvements) or perhaps you need a dsdt for your motherboard (search for it, if it exists). Perhaps a combination of all three, or even other things - you'll have to research yourself, but use my suggestions as a starting point.

All the best!

...quick tip for finding the correct busratio for my processor/mobo...? And how would I go about checking if sse3 is enabled or not..? Thanks for the quick reply. I have no problem doing the footwork myself, I just need to know where to start.

1) My busratio should be 15, but when I type in busratio=15 I'm not sure anything is happening. I tried typing in busratio=a bunch of random values from 15-22, and it booted and behaved the same way no matter what I put.

2) I got rid of VoodooHDA completely. I'm using a Tascam USB audio device that behaves normally under Snow Leopard. Audio/video sync issues are the same either way.

3) I've searched for a long time for a DSDT for my ASUS M478LT-M but I have never been able to find one.

***EDIT: I downloaded the DSDT editor, extracted my DSDT, fixed errors (surprisingly there were 0 errors remaining) and saved my DSDT.aml to /Extra. I've never been able to make this work before. It still, however, hasn't solved my problems.***

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm doomed to always be stuck on Snow Leopard LOL I ordered a Gigabyte Radeon HD 5450 that should be here in about a week, at which point I'm gonna have another go at ML. I would really like to have a stable system in the meantime if you or anyone else can offer me any more advice. Thanks a million.

3) I've searched for a long time for a DSDT for my ASUS M478LT-M but I have never been able to find one.

What you did, extracted the dsdt, fix it and put in the Extra folder, won't solve anything. You need to apply patches that adress your issues, if there are any. I think your audio issue is not AMD-specific, and you should ask help in the Hardware/Sound forum, and also in the Post Installation/10.7 forum. I am confident that it can be sorted out. Good luck!

I ordered a Gigabyte Radeon HD 5450 that should be here in about a week, at which point I'm gonna have another go at ML.

Is it the silent model, device ID 0x68F91002? It's not guaranteed all 5450 models (or brands, for that matters) will perform the same with Mountain Lion. Mine is a Sapphire HD5450 silent and all multimedia tasks, like games and audio/video sync at 1080p, seem to perform well (keep in mind that's a HTPC, so i don't know how it would fare in a professional multimedia creation usage: you do it at your own risk). But even this card has some glitches, like sometimes a browser window becoming blurry until you shake it, or Launchpad sporadically behaving strangely, needing to be closed and reopened.

All the best!

P.S.: Bitcore, and now Puckmarin, report to be using a XFX HD 4890 under 10.8.3 with absolutely no glitches at all: since it's a far more powerful card than the 5450, yet older, perhaps it should be your choice based on what you want to do with your machine. But then again, i don't know if they really tested it with professional video or rendering software. Anyway, perhaps you want to contact them.

Hello!

Today I finally managed to install Mountain Lion on my AMD PC :

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

Asus Crosshair IV Extreme

Kingston HyperX 1600MHz 4x2GB

AMD Radeon HD6970

I used MyHack to create a bootable USB, deleted ATI6000.kext (because of the white screen problem), replaced mach_kernel with AnV's kernel, booted with these kernel flags : arch=x86_64 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No -v, but at the end of the installation a screen pops up : Install Failed! The Installer could not start up the computer from the disk "Macintosh HD" etc.

When I try to reboot and boot from my HDD with the same flags, I can't even manage to get to the verbose mode, system restarts.

What should I do?

I'm having the same problem.

i have booted into windows and copied the amd kernel in to the root of the mac partition whit Paragon HSF+ for Windows but the system restarts when i try to boot into the mac partition.

My disk is formated in MBR.

What can i do?

• Like 1

In both posts an obvious kernel flag is missing: amd_kernel. Without it, the system will try to run native mach_kernel and will obviously fail. Try adding amd_kernel to your flags and post the result here, with pics if possible.

Best regards!

In both posts an obvious kernel flag is missing: amd_kernel. Without it, the system will try to run native mach_kernel and will obviously fail. Try adding amd_kernel to your flags and post the result here, with pics if possible.

Best regards!

Or rename amd_kernel to mach_kernel.

• Like 1

Or rename amd_kernel to mach_kernel.

Hello! Thank you both for answering!

SS01, i did that before but not working.

I renamed amd_kernel to mach_kernel and replaced the original file in the root of the partition whit paragon HSF+.

When i try to boot , the system restarts in less than a second, if i boot in verbose mode , i dont have time to read anything.

This also happened before when i tried to install whit niresh 10.8.2 distro.

I dont know what to do.

Over a year ago i installed snow leopard whit no problems whit nawcom kernel and his cd boot.

Sorry for my bad english and thanks again for taking the time to answer.

My system Specs:

AMD ATHLON II X 4 620 2.6 GHz overclocked to 3.2

Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P

4 Gb of Ram

Radeon HD6870