Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Please do not take it wrong. Maybe I am so dense or incompetent. I followed it to the letter and it still does not boot. I have a Chameleon set up on Boot helper partition already. I found Clover to be somewhat more convenient so I want to move it permanently on my RAID0 volumes. Since apology for mis-speaking.

Help me out!

Again Magnifico, your instruction is clearly magnificent with graphics to follow. Still, I couldn't follow. I could have done something wrong.

Another question while you are at it-I can't consistently produce a Clover USB boot stick. It's weird. I tried different versions on the stick. Sometimes it gives me graphic boot screen, most of the times it does not. What seems to be my problem? I also tried to format the stick in various ways, FAT32, GPT, MBR, and the results I got were still inconsistent. But I install it on another HD, everything works OK. Hmmm...

but you have a motherboard with UEFI?

Slice and all the crew: good evening!

Could you, when doing the next update of Clover, port meklort's kernel patcher module from Chameleon? It would help lots of Atom and legacy CPU users to make the transition to Clover.

All the best!

Clover had kernel patcher feature credited by pcj already.

I use HP MiniNote 2140 post this thread with CPU ATOM N270 in IA32 architecture in Clover + Snow Leopard.

• Like 1

hi everybody,

Here I have a concern, I got a working installation of 10.8.2 ML with a fusion drive with Clover in bootloader.

But then I have a UEFI entry remains constantly even if no device is connected.

I want to know how to deleted this entry in my UEFI Clover because the latter does not work.

Thank you in advance

hi everybody,

Here I have a concern, I got a working installation of 10.8.2 ML with a fusion drive with Clover in bootloader.

But then I have a UEFI entry remains constantly even if no device is connected.

I want to know how to deleted this entry in my UEFI Clover because the latter does not work.

Thank you in advance

You need to specify at /EFI/Boot/refit.conf what you want to hide from Clovers GUI, i.e.

#
# refit.conf
# Configuration file for the rEFIt boot menu
#
screen_resolution 1920x1080
theme black_green
timeout 5
mousespeed 8
dblclick 500
hidevolumes duplicate
hidevolumes legacy
hidevolumes internaluefi
#textonly
quiet
#systemlog
nolegacy
# EOF

• Like 1

but you have a motherboard with UEFI?

No, that's the point. Chameleon points very fine now. I just want to learn how to do Clover on RAID0 so that I can move the setup to a UEFI MB. Besides, I have always like Clover but never had the time to learn it until recently.

You need to specify at /EFI/Boot/refit.conf what you want to hide from Clovers GUI, i.e.

#
# refit.conf
# Configuration file for the rEFIt boot menu
#
screen_resolution 1920x1080
theme black_green
timeout 5
mousespeed 8
dblclick 500
hidevolumes duplicate
hidevolumes legacy
hidevolumes internaluefi
#textonly
quiet
#systemlog
nolegacy
# EOF

Thank you for your help,

But it changes nothing.

I forgot I have a gygabite h77n-Fi.

I post 2 screenshots of my UEFI.

590803130311225815.png

497035130311225847.png

On the first screenshot you can see "clover os x boot" options in the boot while I have no device connected except my usb.

I would like to remove this entry from my motherboard.

Thank you in advance

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Slice how's everything going? Wondering if we could incorporate the HP Lapic error kernel panic fix into the kernel patching? HP Dv6,7 series do not boot without using cpus=1 unless a patched kernel is used. So instead of downloading the source and patching lapic_native.c maybe we can patch it and place the code inside clover whilst it boots. Like patching kernel on-the-fly.

Slice how's everything going? Wondering if we could incorporate the HP Lapic error kernel panic fix into the kernel patching? HP Dv6,7 series do not boot without using cpus=1 unless a patched kernel is used. So instead of downloading the source and patching lapic_native.c maybe we can patch it and place the code inside clover whilst it boots. Like patching kernel on-the-fly.

Sorry, it requires more investigation from a developer having this problem.

The simple patch is not possible because of there is no additional space in the kernel to add the codes.

@Niv3k

At Clovers GUI in the 2nd row there's a menue "clover boot options".

Enter that menue and "remove as boot option".

Thank you for the help, I could see how to enable / disable from the menu clover. The entry in question is a holdover from a previous installation when I did my tests and where I forgot to remove the entry from the menu. Result entry is still present on my motherboard.

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Will it patch the kernel for running, say, in an Atom CPU? That's the ability of meklort's kernel patcher. If the answer is yes, i can test it at once, since i have an Atom 1201N booting with Clover.

Another question: could you guys take the last AMD kernel sources and make it a binpatch so the built-in patcher also supports AMD CPUs? That would be really great indeed! :D

So I have installed OSX 10.8 ML on my hackintosh , all parts are as follows:

Gigabyte Z77 DS3H motherboard

intel i5 3570k 3.4ghz

8gb ddr3 corsair vengence

EVGA Geforce GTX650Ti 1GB gddr5

I was able to get my wifi to work perfectly so far, jus need to get to desktop with graphics card now.

My problem is it keeps rebooting everytime i try to get to login screen after clover.

Thanks for any advice!

Sorry, it requires more investigation from a developer having this problem.

The simple patch is not possible because of there is no additional space in the kernel to add the codes.

lapic_native.c get's loaded into virtual memory @/SourceCache/ so why could this virtual location not be patched?

Hi everyone,

Well I found the solution, it seems a bit radical but is fully functional. I flashed my UEFI BIOS with the same version I was using. Result more input clover ghost in my choice of boot. That is if it can help someone.

No, that's the point. Chameleon points very fine now. I just want to learn how to do Clover on RAID0 so that I can move the setup to a UEFI MB. Besides, I have always like Clover but never had the time to learn it until recently.

If you don't have motherboard with UEFI Bios, I can't help you

lapic_native.c get's loaded into virtual memory @/SourceCache/ so why could this virtual location not be patched?

The .c file gets compiled into an object and eventually along with the other objects linked into an executable.

If it adds code which enlarges the kernel it can't be made into a patch.

If it however means changing allready present code and the output isn't larger than the original code it can be done.

The .c file gets compiled into an object and eventually along with the other objects linked into an executable.

If it adds code which enlarges the kernel it can't be made into a patch.

If it however means changing allready present code and the output isn't larger than the original code it can be done.

Hi Andy, thanks for replying...well how about this if i extract the APIC.aml and patch the NMI section this would however work in this direction yes? Can Clover load a patched APIC.aml file?

HP's APIC is missing the NMI section down bottom of file which relates to processor 1 to 8, 8 threads anyway however MacBookPro6,1 APIC does have all 1-8 NMI sections. Maybe something can be worked out with this to fix the hp lapic panics?

Hi Everyone

Please help !

Does anyone know how to convert the instruction from ocBp <key>HD4000PlatformId</key>

<string>3</string> in Clover?

I am trying to obtain native resolution with the <key>DeviceProperties</key>

<string>xxxxxxxxxxxx........xxxx</string> string but with some strings i have 1024x768 with other black screen.

I would like to reach native resolution on HD4000 like with the abovementioned command in ocBp.

I am using clover in UEFI mode on Asus n56vm

Thank you in advance

If you don't have motherboard with UEFI Bios, I can't help you

Magnifico,

I played with it for about 1 hour (10 or 20 reboots to test) and finally figured it out on BIOS mother board.

The set up is very much like what your instruction says, maening install Clover's /EFI to EFI partitions of the RAID0 volumes.

Then all I need is copy "Boot" into both Boot OS X partitions. Now that I think about it, Slice has mentioned something like it before but I did not understand the boot process. Now it makes sense.

I had to switch to Clover for 1 reason even if my board is BIOS based. I have a off-brand ATI card. After every update, Chamelon refuses to boot. I would have to boot from another partition, change the device ID of the card in 2 kexts. Clover boots without a fuss, gives me unaccelerated screen to work it. This is the game changer for me.

Thank you for your response.

• Like 1

Please help !

Does anyone know how to convert the instruction from ocBp <key>HD4000PlatformId</key>

<string>3</string> in

Clover

?

I am trying to obtain native resolution with the <key>DeviceProperties</key>

<string>xxxxxxxxxxxx........xxxx</string> string but with some strings i have 1024x768 with other black screen.

I would like to reach native resolution on HD4000 like with the abovementioned command in ocBp.

I am using

clover

in UEFI mode on Asus n56vm

with the string

<string>8800000001000000010000007c0000000200000002010c 00d041030a000000000101060000027fff040010000000 6d006f00640065006c0000001a000000496e74656c2048 4420477261706869637320343030302c00000041004100 50004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f 0072006d002d006900640000000800000004006601</string>

i reach native resolution but duplicated four times .

How to correct this ?