Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Dont know then for me works perfect,only diference i see its that i use DVI conectors on both cards,not HDMI.

My configuration looks like this.

Thank you for that very detailed info, xpamamadeus! I also use DVI with both cards. Unfortunately, i either use the unplug/replug trick by Toleda - GI=No, no CSM Video driver and no patchVBios, DSDT injection for the HD4000 only - or get that dreaded half of a screen sliced with fifteen desktops.

Best regards!

Adding DarwinDumper output for my LAN/networking issues. Any ideas would be much appreciated since I have tried everything I can think of to get this issue sorted out. Confirmed its a Clover EFI issue since everything works as expected when using a Chameleon loader.

[uPDATE] tried re-install again with no success. Anyone by chance can send me a recent SVN build package that I can test to see if it was just another regression like the 1122 bug I encountered before? I cant build it since my clovergrower and xcode are on this machine thats down.

DarwinDumper_2.6.5_Clover_X64_1133_ML_root.zip

Well I almost got everything working off of a USB disk after lots of playing around with Clover a lot more. Now I only have two problems with BIOS x64 or uEFI boot using R1133. The first is that no matter what I do my ethernet isn't appearing or being detected by OS X on boot. The ethernet chip is Intel 82579V onboard my Asus P8Z77-V Premium with the secondary Intel 82583. The kext I use is the AppleIGB.kext v 4.1.2 loaded into /s/l/e on OS X 10.8.2 using Kext Utility (not in Clover). I have tried the DSDT mask fix for LAN Fix with no success, also the port doesn't appear regardless of EFI or MBR loader use.

The other problem i have is the minor "AppleUSBHCI[{censored}]:Found a transaction which hasn't moved..." console spam message. Honestly not much worried about that.

Anyways thanks so much for everyone's help so far, I found out most of the problems in my past were because of a regression bug in R1122 or because when you place something in Clover's 10.8 kext folder you have to disable loading of caches by OS X (again, stupid me).

[update] I think I have had this issue before but I dont remember how I solved it. The kext is installed correctly but it seems like its having problem loading the networking service/subsystem or something. Network shows a blank location with no services in this location. Manually adding a location just gives me to options to configure the basics (ppoe, vpm, & 6 to 4). I know its related to Clover 100% and I think I had this with PCEFI or Chameleon way back in the day but I dont remember how I fixed it there. The Console isnt giving much help, I think Clover is somehow preventing the detection of the IGB controllers from OS X so it doesn't know to load the kext and configure the interface.

Anyways, I am going to start working on getting my Radeon 6850 working in OpenGL which is a same because Clover almost completely autoconfigured and injected everything perfectly.

Adding DarwinDumper output for my LAN/networking issues. Any ideas would be much appreciated since I have tried everything I can think of to get this issue sorted out. Confirmed its a Clover EFI issue since everything works as expected when using a Chameleon loader.

[uPDATE] tried re-install again with no success. Anyone by chance can send me a recent SVN build package that I can test to see if it was just another regression like the 1122 bug I encountered before? I cant build it since my clovergrower and xcode are on this machine thats down.

Did you see what properties is injected for your LAN in both cases? "built-in"?

• Like 1

Did you see what properties is injected for your LAN in both cases? "built-in"?

Huh? It shouldn't be injecting anything related to LAN. I dont have the DSDT flags for lan or any kext injection appear as built-in. Any ideas?

Huh? It shouldn't be injecting anything related to LAN. I dont have the DSDT flags for lan or any kext injection appear as built-in. Any ideas?

Ideas? You didn't answer my question.

Ideas? You didn't answer my question.
I thought I did. The only thing related to the lan from vanilla OS X is the kernel extension based off of the Linux Intel Gigabit Adapter ported to OS X/Darwin in the form of AppleIGB.kext that has the device ID already in it for my controller. Under Chameleon based loaders I dont use any fix/injection at any level to get it working because the kext always properly handles it, though I can use the EthernetBuiltIn flag to make it appear as such. For Clover I am using a similar approach, no intentional injection or fixes and just let the kernel extension and OS X handle it.If you are saying there is by default some kind of injection going on in Clover then I didn't configure it to do such. The only settings I have are GraphicsEnabler, c states & p states, and the basic kernel flags being passed to it (verbose, darkwake=0, and Slide=0). All I can tell you is that it works correctly under Chameleon based loaders & installs, the kext isn't even being loaded up because OS X doesn't even seem to "see" the device on load, and after going through the documentation for Clover there doesn't seem to be a option or flag to set that will correct the issue. Attempting to use a basic DSDT.aml generated off of a Chameleon install and passing that to Clover also doesn't seem to fix the issue.I hope this is a more complete and correct answer to your question.

[update] Ok now I know I have seen this issue before in a prior P55M install. When running setup after install of OS X it comes to configuring internet devices. If I select "Ethernet" (odd that it notes the ethernet as present but the kext isnt shown as loaded) and try to setup a DHCP connection it will crash and restart the first start utility from the beginning. You can bypass it by selecting no internet connection and when going back to the Networking system preferences pane it shows up as no location with no devices/services present. More research time for me.

Hi all,

I've a resolution problem with iGPU when I boot in UEFI Mode;

Risoluzione CloverUEFI.png

The HD4000 is connected in HDMI to LG TV 22" (the other possibility is D-SUB, but with SMBIOS 13,1 don't work, but even if it worked would have a terrible resolution...).

When i boot in legacy mode everithing is OK

Any solution?

Hi all,

post-370803-0-80847100-1361640959_thumb.png

The HD4000 is connected in HDMI to LG TV 22" (the other possibility is D-SUB, but with SMBIOS 13,1 don't work, but even if it worked would have a terrible resolution...).

Any solution?

Kinda reminds me of the old Too High Resolution VGA probs.

Can you set Graphics Mode to a lower resolution and try again?

Hi all,

Any solution?

Yes, Carbo, there's a solution indeed: unplug/replug your DVI or HDMI cable. Are you using a dual card (integrated + discrete) setup?

Thanks for the reply,

Kinda reminds me of the old Too High Resolution VGA probs.

Can you set Graphics Mode to a lower resolution and try again?

As it set resolution in config.plist?

Yes, Carbo, there's a solution indeed: unplug/replug your DVI or HDMI cable. Are you using a dual card (integrated + discrete) setup?

Unplug and replug connector does not change anything... I use dual card, connecting discrete card resolution is ok.

Unplug and replug to the video out, not to the monitor. Did you do that?

If it doesn't work, you'll have to inject the HD4000 and boot with GI=No (very important) via DSDT. Try Toleda's patch for it: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286474-about-using-discrete-and-integrated-graphics-at-the-same-time/#entry1890615 (post #11). By the way, Toleda was the one who devised the unplug/replug trick. If it does work, thank him.

Best regards!

Hi all,

Any solution?

#
# refit.conf
# Configuration file for the rEFIt boot menu
#1400x1050
screen_resolution 1024x768

Unplug and replug to the video out, not to the monitor. Did you do that?

If it doesn't work, you'll have to inject the HD4000 and boot with GI=No (very important) via DSDT. Try Toleda's patch for it: http://www.insanelym...e/#entry1890615 (post #11). By the way, Toleda was the one who devised the unplug/replug trick. If it does work, thank him.

Best regards!

Thank you for reply,

Yes, i have unplug/replug the video out (not monitor), i boot with GI=No because HD4000 is injected in DSDT ...

But it is a temporary situation, I'm waiting for a new monitor and HDMI i will not use more (perhaps).

Greetings

Hi,everyone.

I come here for IA32 compiled problem.

I install a new Snow Leopard on my computer and download CloverGrower to compiled Clover.

Because,it is all new and all clear so I take about an hour to compiled with CloverGrower.

And I refered to commit "r1071 Create only x64 package".

I set Makefile with "IMAGE_WITH_IA32 = 1",buildpkg.sh with "add_ia32=1" and enabled "make cdboot32"

But,it is never compiled IA32 part.

Someone can told me what is going on?

[solved]

Because CloverGrower.command is built x64 only without "X64/IA32" parameter.

And it worked with this parameter.

Edited by Eps

Hi, this is very nice step forwards indeed but I am having trouble with my desktop, ASRock P45XE+ATI6870. My setup has 6 different drives, all SATA and all GTP(GUID) partitioned with a total of 10 partitions plus the 200MB ones.

The issue is that clover itself never boots to GUI. I see the cursor in the corner, turning into a "7" and then it goes to a smaller cursor ( _ ) in the corner. With what seems to be the gui dark grey background and the smaller cursor because the resolution of the screen has been detected.

I tried to install in a USB stick, in my installation folder and in the GPT-EFI folder. I also tried the windows tool to create a USB stick and I always hit the same wall.

I have now tried the USB stick in my computer at work (Asus P6X58D-E + ATI5770) with no issues, so I am now sure my computer is to blame.

Chameleon works fine all the time, even with the cloverUSB stick if I press "2". Basically since OS X Tiger that I have been using this computer with MacOS only with no issues at all so I was a bit surprised clover did not work. I tried to find the minimum requirements of Clover to see if using Core2 technology was the problem but I didn't find it.

What am I missing here? Are there BIOS settings that Clover is not very keen about? Since at this point in the boot process there isnt much feedback it is hard to know what to try next.

Thank you

Hi, this is very nice step forwards indeed but I am having trouble with my desktop, ASRock P45XE+ATI6870. My setup has 6 different drives, all SATA and all GTP(GUID) partitioned with a total of 10 partitions plus the 200MB ones.

The issue is that clover itself never boots to GUI. I see the cursor in the corner, turning into a "7" and then it goes to a smaller cursor ( _ ) in the corner. With what seems to be the gui dark grey background and the smaller cursor because the resolution of the screen has been detected.

I tried to install in a USB stick, in my installation folder and in the GPT-EFI folder. I also tried the windows tool to create a USB stick and I always hit the same wall.

I have now tried the USB stick in my computer at work (Asus P6X58D-E + ATI5770) with no issues, so I am now sure my computer is to blame.

Chameleon works fine all the time, even with the cloverUSB stick if I press "2". Basically since OS X Tiger that I have been using this computer with MacOS only with no issues at all so I was a bit surprised clover did not work. I tried to find the minimum requirements of Clover to see if using Core2 technology was the problem but I didn't find it.

What am I missing here? Are there BIOS settings that Clover is not very keen about? Since at this point in the boot process there isnt much feedback it is hard to know what to try next.

Thank you

Try formatting the stick as GPT/HFS+ and select the correct option in the installer.

Try formatting the stick as GPT/HFS+ and select the correct option in the installer.

Hi, thanks for answering. I just tried that and now I saw this screen once in 3 attempts, but all options led to nothing. Is that any revealing?any body else with the same issue?

I tried to put the image but here goes a link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gl0n5fzjmhm1e64/screen.jpg

i though to add I also have tried to install manually in my harddisk

Edited by brlock

Thank you

if you can get to this stage it will give you a boot menu, you just have to be patient... and I mean very patient, I had a machine I had to wait 20 minutes for it to ID all the drives and other devices in before it gave me the screen asking what boot device to boot from. when the _ cursor is in the corner it is re-identifying all your hardware for the EFI boot loader. after the initial ID stage it can take 2-5 minutes to give you a menu then your set and the machine should load or you need to adjust settings in the Clover options then load. the first few times it's a case of get some coffee or beer and relax, you will be there a long while depending on the board.

HBP

• Like 2

By the way, a question for Clover developer team and anyone savvy:

There's a lot of advertising about the main advantages of boot from UEFI (booting in less time and your boot loader surviving any OSX update - well, most of time). I can confirm at least the speedy boot advantage, and the boot loader invulnerability is quite unlikely for my system, since i have to use Aptio drivers. But the question is about a unadvertised but possibly existing advantage: will UEFI Clover be able to use OSX's SMC goodies, like in-os fan control etc., by allowing it to communicate directly with the motherboard's UEFI firmware, just like in a real Mac?

Best regards!

I am struggling with sound using Clover. I have attached my patched DSDT and config.plist. I have a GA-Z68Ap-D3 (rev.2) board running UEFI dual Bios. I can get sound to work but it is very choppy and static. Whether I use the on-board ALC889, a sound blaster USB or the HDMI the sound comes back as static and choppy. I have used un-patched AppleHDA, patched for DSDT and HDAEnabelr nothing seems to work. I have tried both MacPro3,1 and iMac12,1 SMBIOS to no avail. The sound works fine with Chameleon and Chimera - but my GeekBench is through the roof with Clover and I know it's the best bootloader to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

config.plist.zip

DSDT.aml.zip