Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Attempting to get the clover running here, and taken me a good part of the day.

Currently I can get into clover, but when I select to boot ML, I get error kernel 0x9.

What do I need to get it running? Hw is in the sig...

Your HW is very good.

Uncomment

#systemlog

in the file refit.conf to see what is the reason for the stop.

When you restart any way you may find the file /EFI/misc/system.log

Publish here if you don't see a problem.

Finally got it running, but no go with legacy, only uefi. Problem was the bios setting, secure boot other os, wrong install of the clover onto usb on my side,,the unpack only option was correct, i thought i might need uefi only, and then needed aptio fix... Still working on it and checking what is needed.

Should I try getting to run legacy?

And other thing failing is wake from sleep. No reaction to the keyboard or mouse, when button pressed, it will reset.

Previously had chameleon running with sleep working, except that it wouldn't autosleep, only by command.

I just reformatted my whole disk with MBR and I currently have 3 partitions.

System Reserved

Windows 8

OS X Mountain Lion

For safety reasons, I chose to install Clover in a USB flash drive. Chameleon works fine but Clover does not work at all. I mean Clover boots and then all 3 partitions are shown. If I boot OS X, I get a white underscore and it stays there. If I press Enter it goes back to the Cover menu. If I boot System Reserved or Windows 8, I get this pixelated mario character or something and it freezes.

I'm not sure what is wrong. From the Installer, this is what I selected:

post-620531-0-91975900-1365703293_thumb.png

Don't know what Windows creates or not. But every mbr-Windows needs in the Extra Partition called "System reserved"

If you had deleted it, it would figure that you cannot load Windows. Even almighty Chameleon won't able to load Windows in this case!

Wrong!!

System reserved its just helper partition for "winre.wim" image "Windows recovery."

When u install windows 7-8 and not choose to make it then windows install windows recovery to root drive where its installed.

When u install windows 7-8 and not choose to make it then windows install windows recovery to root drive where its installed.

Do we really have that option not to create that partition from the installer?

Do we really have that option not to create that partition from the installer?

Yes.

Make one partition then setup create system reserved.

Delete partition and extend system reserved ....

I upload video its easier to explain.

Edited by xpamamadeus

Both of you without pictures logs config and hardware nobody can help you.

@GhostRaider you must go to usb EFI\BOOT\refit.conf and uncoment #systemlog

Alright, enabling System Log makes boot slower, but now no partitions are detected. Though in the logs, they seem to appear. If I recall, Legacy HD1 is System Reserved and Legacy HD2 is Windows 8. Macintosh HD is OS X.

I converted the log to txt so I can upload it here.

system.txt

Yes.

Make one partition then setup create system reserved.

Delete partition and extend system reserved ....

I upload video its easier to explain.

Oh thank you for the video :)

I usually do differently for MBR and GPT hdd. For MBR, I create a target partition for Windows (ntfs) without leaving unallocated space before run the installer. Meanwhile in GPT, I just delete target partition leaving only ESP (EFI system partition - 200mb), so all boot files will be in installed in ESP.

Oh thank you for the video :)

I usually do differently for MBR and GPT hdd. For MBR, I create a target partition for Windows (ntfs) without leaving unallocated space before run the installer. Meanwhile in GPT, I just delete target partition leaving only ESP (EFI system partition - 200mb), so all boot files will be in installed in ESP.

maybe u find this usefull.

Install windows 7 on gpt using uefi and dont even use mbr

All credits goes to r3loaded

"Installing Windows 7 in native EFI mode from USB

Windows 8 users: This stuff is now unnecessary. Just copy the entire contents to a FAT32 USB drive and it should boot correctly in native EFI mode.

I got my replacement SSD at the weekend, and I wanted to install Windows so that it would take advantage of the native UEFI firmware of my Sandy Bridge motherboard. Booting the installer from the DVD will apparently boot you straight in EFI mode as you'd expect (I don't have Windows on disc so I wouldn't know). However, if you create a USB boot drive for the Windows 7 installer, the system will only boot in BIOS mode, and the installer will not let you install in EFI mode to GPT disks.

After a fair bit of googling and general hacking around, I've managed to get my P8P67-M Pro to boot the Windows installer from a USB drive in EFI mode. Here's what you need to do:

Requirements:

• 4GB USB boot drive with Windows 7 64-bit installer - there are plenty of guides around the internet for creating one. Ensure that the drive correctly boots on a BIOS system.
  • A copy of bootmgfw.efi. You can obtain this from an install of 64-bit Windows 7 - look in C:\Windows\Boot\EFI. Alternatively, you can download a copy from here.
  • A system with native 64-bit UEFI 2.0 firmware. This is pretty much all Sandy Bridge systems (except for Gigabyte motherboards) and some new laptops.

Instructions:

1. In the root of your USB drive, there is the \efi\microsoft\boot directory. Copy this directory one level up so the files also reside under \efi\boot.
  2. Copy the bootmgfw.efi file to \efi\boot, and rename it to bootx64.efi.
  3. Test the USB drive in a UEFI system. It should automatically boot with the UEFI method, but you may have to specifically choose UEFI boot depending on your system.

That's it! No need to write boot sectors or anything like that - as long as you have a FAT32 filesystem with a \efi\boot\bootx64.efi file, the computer should pick that up and start booting. There are now two methods to verify that the installer has indeed booted in EFI mode:

• When you see the Install welcome screen, hit Shift+F10. This will open a command prompt. Run "notepad \Windows\Panther\setupact.log", and the log will show:

Code:
    Callback_BootEnvironmentDetect: Detected boot environment: BIOSfor a BIOS boot and

Code:
    Callback_BootEnvironmentDetect: Detected boot environment: UEFIfor a UEFI boot.
  • Open the command prompt with Shift+F10, but this time run diskpart. Use "list disk" to see all the disks on your computer, and type "select disk n" to select the disk with number n that you're going to install Windows to (usually 1). Type "clean" to clear the partition table, then run "convert gpt" to create a GPT partition table. Once that's done, close the command prompt and start the install process. When prompted for the disk to install to, choose the one that you just created a GPT partition table on. If no yellow exclamation mark warning appears, the installer will install Windows in EFI mode, creating the necessary EFI partitions and add the necessary bootloader entry to the EFI's NVRAM. Otherwise, you've booted in BIOS mode and the installer will not let you install to a GPT disk.

I hope you all find this useful! bit-thumbsup.gif"

Tried it, but there isn't any difference. The USB is fine but something is wrong with the way Clover boots the partitions. Chameleon works just fine. I'm not sure what's going on.

It's strange that Clover does not detect bootable OSX from volume "Macintosh HD". Do you have /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi file on that partition? Do you have some "hidevolumes" directives in Clover's /efi/boot/refit.conf that are hiding this OSX?

@fau7i

I'm currently also trying to patch the connectors, because my Sapphire 7950 Boost has four connectors (not standard) DP, HDMI, DVD-D and DVD-I. May i ask you:

1. Is your card listet later as PCI-card in Systemprofiler? (my is not listed, only visible within graphics/display tab)

2. Can you post your config.plist (regarding graphic card and kext-patches).

Must i use GraphicInjections (default is on) or not to get full/native usage of my card? My card uses the standard PCI-ID's for 7950 (0x1002/0x679a),, but with GraphicsInjector No and Futomaki frame buffer the system will not display desktop.

Thank you.

P.S. Posted from iPad, sorry for bad words.

It's strange that Clover does not detect bootable OSX from volume "Macintosh HD". Do you have /System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi file on that partition? Do you have some "hidevolumes" directives in Clover's /efi/boot/refit.conf that are hiding this OSX?

Yeah the boot.efi is in there. As far as I know there are no hidevolumes in the refit.conf.

Try to replace file boot on the root of the partition with this

boot.zip

I tried it, but it freezes Clover.

Is there any way to provide more diagnostic information about my problem?

@fau7i

I'm currently also trying to patch the connectors, because my Sapphire 7950 Boost has four connectors (not standard) DP, HDMI, DVD-D and DVD-I. May i ask you:

1. Is your card listet later as PCI-card in Systemprofiler? (my is not listed, only visible within graphics/display tab)

2. Can you post your config.plist (regarding graphic card and kext-patches).

Must i use GraphicInjections (default is on) or not to get full/native usage of my card? My card uses the standard PCI-ID's for 7950 (0x1002/0x679a),, but with GraphicsInjector No and Futomaki frame buffer the system will not display desktop.

Thank you.

P.S. Posted from iPad, sorry for bad words.

Have you tried all those ports (DVI/HDMI/DP) before trying to patch its connectors?

1. Yes, it's showed in PCI card section,

post-666590-0-00451200-1365978597_thumb.png

However, IMO it's only cosmetic. It appears there when you inject some info through DSDT (as you can see below).

Device (PEGP)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x08)
{
"AAPL,slot-name",
Buffer (0x07)
{
"Slot-1"
},

"ATY,DeviceID",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x9E, 0x67, 0x00, 0x00
},

"model",
Buffer (0x14)
{
"Sapphire HD 7870 XT"
},

"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-1"
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}
[/codeBOX]

2. Here is my config.plist.

[codeBOX]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>iMac13,1</string>
<key>Board-ID</key>
<string>Mac-00BE6ED71E35EB86</string>
</dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>slide=0 -v</string>
<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
<string>en:0</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>GraphicsInjector</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PatchVBios</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>FBName</key>
<string>Futomaki</string>
</dict>
<key>ACPI</key>
<dict>
<key>DsdtName</key>
<string>DSDT_NEW.aml</string>
<key>DropOemSSDT</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>FixDsdtMask</key>
<string>0x1400</string>
</dict>
<key>PCI</key>
<dict>
<key>USBInjection</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>MLB</key>
<string>1234567890ABCDEFG</string>
<key>MountEFI</key>
<string>disk1</string>
<key>LogLineCount</key>
<string>3000</string>
<key>LogEveryBoot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
<key>KernelCpu</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>
[/codeBOX]

It's not mandatory to use Futomaki, but it's common for 4 ports cards besides Hamachi, Aji, Buri and Dashimaki. You should use GraphicsInjector=Yes, unless you inject everything through DSDT.

Sorry, "back" or "black"? What with Chameleon?

sorry for my bad english ,when I want to awake from sleep,the screen is black,and that the disk was not run.

why I want to use the mbp8.2 can not run,just I can use the mbp6.2,my videocard is GT520M

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>BackgroundClear</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
<key>Clover.LogLineCount</key>
<data>
9AEAAA==
</data>
<key>IOHibernateRTCVariables</key>
<data>
QUFQTAEAAABgRT9A8knKxXppF1bIa9QzMnXz7RLIclkjjG5tVXos1CYg0EU=
</data>
<key>OsxAptioFixDrv-RelocBase</key>
<data>
AFDDswAAAAA=
</data>
<key>SystemAudioVolume</key>
<data>
QQ==
</data>
<key>boot-args</key>
<string>slide=0</string>
<key>boot-gamma</key>
<data>
o0wAAEJFAAAAAAAAtgAAAAAAAAANAAEB4wQCAgUIBAQpDQcHoRMODjQgGBhULyMj+D0w
MKdNPT0nXE5O121ycguQmpqQssnJ+9cNAAEB4wQCAgUIBAQpDQcHoRMODjQgGBhULyMj
+D0wMKdNPT0nXE5O121ycguQmpqQssnJ+9cNAAEB4wQCAgUIBAQpDQcHoRMODjQgGBhU
LyMj+D0wMKdNPT0nXE5O121ycguQmpqQssnJ+9c=
</data>
<key>boot-image</key>
<data>
AgEMANBBAwoAAAAAAQEGAAIfAxIKAAAAAAAAAAQEGgAxADIAZgAzADAAMQAyADAAMAAw
AAAAf/8EAA==
</data>
<key>efi-boot-device</key>
<data>
PGFycmF5PjxkaWN0PjxrZXk+SU9NYXRjaDwva2V5PjxkaWN0PjxrZXk+SU9Qcm92aWRl
ckNsYXNzPC9rZXk+PHN0cmluZz5JT01lZGlhPC9zdHJpbmc+PGtleT5JT1Byb3BlcnR5
TWF0Y2g8L2tleT48ZGljdD48a2V5PlVVSUQ8L2tleT48c3RyaW5nPkQ1NDJFOEZDLUJB
MDItNDhDRi05ODUwLUIzMzk3ODkzNjA4NDwvc3RyaW5nPjwvZGljdD48L2RpY3Q+PC9k
aWN0PjwvYXJyYXk+
</data>
<key>efi-boot-device-data</key>
<data>
AgEMANBBAwoAAAAAAQEGAAIfAxIKAAAA//8AAAQBKgACAAAAABiABwAAAAAAIIAHAAAA
AGw+iYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAX//BAA=
</data>
<key>fmm-computer-name</key>
<data>
YXBsZXY=
</data>
<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
<data>
ZW46MA==
</data>
<key>security-mode</key>
<string>none</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I can boot to ML with UEFI Clover, however it can not wake up after sleep, it immediately restarts after pressing the power button. Also, I place both dsdt.aml and ssdt.aml in ACPI\patched, the dsdt.aml works because I can see the battery icon. However, ssdt.aml won't load, the stepping is the same with/without ssdt.aml file. Here are my config.plist and boot.log

Clover.zip