Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

@JorgeMax FakeSMC still works I think. Activate debug.log and send it to me.

I'm a bit of a layman, but I activated debugging in: "Boot / Debug = YES"
But it crashes after the Clover selection screen. "Stuck" with the apple logo. Frozen PC
Restart and go to OpenCore, mount the EFI partition where Clover is and there in the "misc" folder there is a file and the contents are all blank

Unfortunately, your EFI booted fine in VM. When I set config.plist/Boot/Debug to true, I also got the debug.log.

I never, so far, a problem for the log to be generated. Doesn't mean it'll never happen. Try also to do a first aid on your partition containing Clover (or reformat, or boot on a different USB stick). Be sure you are using the config.plist with Boot/Debug=true

Use also this latest EFI.

If I can't reproduce the problem, and can't have a log, I'm afraid I won't be able to do much...

CloverX64-5122-jief-2709.1.zip

• Like 4

9 hours ago, JorgeMax said:

Thanks for sharing friend

Tests also made with FakeSMC, but it gets stuck right after the Clover selection screen.
Only boots with VirtualSMC, so I lost most of the sensors on my motherboard

@Jief_Machakdoes this modified Clover not inject with FakeSMC? Thanks for your work man

I am using FakeSMC with the new Clover as well as with OC and successfully boot to BigSur. I have no Lilu at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Jief has fixed this issue and smbios info is injected into macOS. 

In fact, it wasn't really an issue. It is just that the OcQuirks CustomSmbiosGuid must not be set to true. So I just force it false whatever the value is in your config.plist.

That explains why it was working for some users and not for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

In fact, it wasn't really an issue. It is just that the OcQuirks CustomSmbiosGuid must not be set to true. So I just force it false whatever the value is in your config.plist.

That explains why it was working for some users and not for you.

Thanks for the explanation, I’ll update my config. 

10 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

If you OC configuration is better with this setting to true, keep to true in your clover config.plist. So you have the same in both config file.

@Jief_Machak my OC configuration use Generic function, so customSmbiosGuid = false, but for Clover I use a SMBIOS section. I've to select TRUE, right ! 

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

This quirk is actually required for some borked FWs that corrupt the patched SMBIOS expecting it to be theirs, depending on when it has been patched. When *do* you patch? Silently disabling sounds like a terrible idea.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

When *do* you patch? Silently disabling sounds like a terrible idea.

This Clover which integrate part of OC doesn't delegate the SMBios patching to OC. OC just destroy the SmBios when CustomSmbiosGuid==true but all other SMBIOS settings is zero. When CustomSmbiosGuid==false, OC doesn't touch SmBios. Which is exactly what we want because Clover already pacthed the SmBios.

Not letting OC destroy the SmBios sounds like a good idea to me, not a terrible one.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

This Clover which integrate part of OC doesn't delegate the SMBios patching to OC. OC just destroy the SmBios when CustomSmbiosGuid==true but all other SMBIOS settings is zero. When CustomSmbiosGuid==false, OC doesn't touch SmBios. Which is exactly what we want because Clover already pacthed the SmBios.

Not letting OC destroy the SmBios sounds like a good idea to me, not a terrible one.

Bigsur

30 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

What about ACPI? The same?

How we will do kernel and kext patches? Through OC? Delegate to it?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Unfortunately, your EFI booted fine in VM. When I set config.plist/Boot/Debug to true, I also got the debug.log.

I never, so far, a problem for the log to be generated. Doesn't mean it'll never happen. Try also to do a first aid on your partition containing Clover (or reformat, or boot on a different USB stick). Be sure you are using the config.plist with Boot/Debug=true

If I can't reproduce the problem, and can't have a log, I'm afraid I won't be able to do much...

this Clover continues to start macOS successfully, BigSur included, with FakeSMC, but I note that:

does not print verbose to video, switches from memory manager load to desktop

SMBIOS is injected correctly, but from me even the previous one did not present any problems

2 windows 10 do not start, but they block when loading rotating balls

current quirks settings

475159966_Schermata2020-09-28alle11_33_24.thumb.png.ab339193fb1fcc73c78592d18c128b3d.png

PS: debug.log_BS.zip

Edited by iCanaro
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Currently, with this integration, only the kernel injection/pacth is delegated to OC.

Originally, this was to prove that it's enough to rewrite the kernel injection/pacth and that the rest of Clover is still OK.

Not exactly.

Master Clover is able to do kernel patches but still fails to do kext patches in BigSur.

OC does kernel and kext patches as the same procedure.

Clover also has an ability to do boot.efi patches while OC no afaik.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

@Jief_MachakWith your new file, more recent I did some tests:
1 - With FakeSMC and its plugins, it crashes after the Clover selection screen;
2 - Only FakeSMC without plugins, it starts without problems;
3 - With VirtualSMC and its plugins, the same thing happens, it locks / freezes the PC;
4 - Only VirtualSMC starts normally.

With the previous file, made available by @iCanaro
1 - FakeSMC without plugins, starts normally
2 - VirtualSMC with or without plugins, starts normally

3 hours ago, Slice said:

I am using FakeSMC with the new Clover as well as with OC and successfully boot to BigSur. I have no Lilu at all.

@Slice I'm using RehabMan's FakeSMC from this link: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/

I always used his with plugins, works with the latest Clover (v5122) up to macOS Catalina. In OpenCore (0.6.1), it works on all the systems I have installed: Movaje, Catalina and Big Sur

50 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

This Clover which integrate part of OC doesn't delegate the SMBios patching to OC. OC just destroy the SmBios when CustomSmbiosGuid==true but all other SMBIOS settings is zero.

Then why is the OC code called at all to be able to destroy something in the first place...? The terrible idea was to have a config option that pretends to do something but doesn't. I suppose it's best to not question it too much.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Not exactly what ?

I means we need kext patch delegate to OC while kernel patches we can do by own. And boot.efi patches we should remain to Clover.

About CustomSmbiosGuid I know the history and will return to this question someday later as I have many other questions currently.

2 minutes ago, Download-Fritz said:

The terrible idea

May I remind that this was a first try/experiment on how yo use your kernel pach/injection. To make it quick, I copied all your Kernel/Quirks.

I'm not pretending to have a setting that do something and doesn't. Now we don't use that setting, I clearly said it. And because there is no XML scheme verification, people can leave it and remove it.

So again to everyone : the setting OcQuirks/CustomSmbiosGuid does nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1