Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

@Slice I'm using RehabMan's FakeSMC from this link: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/

I always used his with plugins, works with the latest Clover (v5122) up to macOS Catalina. In OpenCore (0.6.1), it works on all the systems I have installed: Movaje, Catalina and Big Sur

Not concerning me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

@JorgeMax 

Thanks man. I used the one on your link with the previous plugins, it didn't work
But I went to get the plugins here: https://github.com/kzlekk/HWSensors/releases and it worked, went back to monitoring everything on my motherboard

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Not concerning me.

It was bad friend. I just implied that I wasn't using your version. I saw that on the Rehabman website, it is no longer being updated frequently
Thanks for listening

8 minutes ago, JorgeMax said:

It was bad friend. I just implied that I wasn't using your version. I saw that on the Rehabman website, it is no longer being updated frequently
Thanks for listening

While my version is still updated.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JorgeMax said:

use the Version of Slice

https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/FakeSMC3_with_plugins/releases/download/241/Release.241.zip
in my hacks I use or VirtualSMC or FakeSMC included in clover iso

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JorgeMax said:

@Jief_MachakWith your new file, more recent I did some tests:
 1 - With FakeSMC and its plugins, it crashes after the Clover selection screen;
2 - Only FakeSMC without plugins, it starts without problems;
3 - With VirtualSMC and its plugins, the same thing happens, it locks / freezes the PC;
 4 - Only VirtualSMC starts normally.

I hope you understand nobody can really help with a report like this.

You are basically going to a mechanic, without the car, saying "My car doesn't start, what's the problem". If you know one that can reliably answer, he's got superpower. I don't. :yes:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I hope you understand nobody can really help with a report like this.

You are basically going to a mechanic, without the car, saying "My car doesn't start, what's the problem". If you know one that can reliably answer, he's got superpower. I don't. :yes:

This problem has already been remedied. Everything is ok now
I hope to contribute to future tests
Thank you friend

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JorgeMax said:

@Jief_MachakWith your new file, more recent I did some tests:
1 - With FakeSMC and its plugins, it crashes after the Clover selection screen;
2 - Only FakeSMC without plugins, it starts without problems;
3 - With VirtualSMC and its plugins, the same thing happens, it locks / freezes the PC;
4 - Only VirtualSMC starts normally.

I may propose that there is the OC methods of injecting kexts leading to wrong order while those kexts require strong order of loading.

(my FakeSMC don't require an order with its plugins, they may be loaded even in reverse order)

• Like 2

good job

Spoiler

2102955496_Capturedecran2020-09-26a02_28_20.thumb.png.18ea8452b86475aee2bddbcd3ecf4f98.png

it works perfect here, I just can't boot into Windows yet because it injects the 
ACPI patch and makes "ACPI BLUE error screen" the same goes for Opencore
on my HP Envy Recline 23-K030EF with i5-4590T I cannot complete the BigSur installation
 on any of the versions this is the case with this Clover and OpenCore exactly the 
same error, since the other previous systems I can install both with OpenCore and with 
Clover without problems

mistake I find
1- launch the installation 1 phase everything goes OK
2- restart and go to phase 2 everything goes normal until the arrival of the language 
choice "I choose" I proceed to step and send to pass the discount of the 29 minutes it 
loads a little and then restart without showing any visible error .. .
I need to use both OpenCore and this Clover after installing from another bigsur PC 
and I boot normal to HP Envy Recline and use it working normally ... I don't understand
 the problem of not being able to install it!

I use Google translat

Thanks

Edited by PG7

15 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Currently, with this integration, only the kernel injection/pacth is delegated to OC.

Originally, this was to prove that it's enough to rewrite the kernel injection/pacth and that the rest of Clover is still OK.

Thanks for your contribution and effort.

May I know for this integration means release version of Clover 5122 plus OcQuirks and KernelAndKextPatch/OcQuirks from OpenCore ?

Or I need special version of Clover (modified Clover 5122) to make it work ?

Because I have tried someone's posted here without success.

Edited by jsl2000

2 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks for your contribution and effort.

May I know for this integration means release version of Clover 5122 plus OcQuirks and KernelAndKextPatch/OcQuirks from OpenCore ?

Or I need special version of Clover (modified Clover 5122) to make it work ?

Because I have tried someone's posted here without success.

It should be special version of Clover not released yet.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

good news.

how about snow leopard?

Yes, also works for Snow Leopard (not really surprising as underlying OC 0.6.1 added support for booting older OSX recently).

On my legacy Dell XPS M1530, it boots OSX 10.6.3 up to macOS 11 Big Sur Beta6 (without graphics acceleration because no NVidia Tesla support in Big Sur :hysterical:)...

Spoiler

screenshot0.thumb.png.6c3fdbe4dfa33c31ae0538a473d93565.png1440989748_CloverOCintegrationSnowLeopard.thumb.png.526a77f3c0710aa447ec6a177cefa9d3.png1432161443_CloverOCintegrationBig_SuronXPSM1530.thumb.png.0ba0755018dc4f6fb5e17b37dd997eea.png

Edited by fusion71au
added screenshots
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, fusion71au said:

Yes, also works for Snow Leopard (not really surprising as underlying OC 0.6.1 added support for booting older OSX recently).

On my legacy Dell XPS M1530, it boots OSX 10.6.3 up to macOS 11 Big Sur Beta6 (without graphics acceleration because no NVidia Tesla support in Big Sur :hysterical:)...

Hide contents

screenshot0.thumb.png.6c3fdbe4dfa33c31ae0538a473d93565.png1440989748_CloverOCintegrationSnowLeopard.thumb.png.526a77f3c0710aa447ec6a177cefa9d3.png1432161443_CloverOCintegrationBig_SuronXPSM1530.thumb.png.0ba0755018dc4f6fb5e17b37dd997eea.png

Please ask for details I want to install it as well.
Missing the old days since 10.5

• Like 1