Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

Yes, so correct your Quirks config in your config.plist

3 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

In short :

- Quirks from section kernel from OC (containing "AppleCpuPmCfgLock"), must be in section KernelAndKextPatches with name OcQuirks

OcFuzzyMatch and OcKernelCache beside this (not inside). They can be committed with this last EFI.

- Quirks from section booter from OC (containing "AvoidRuntimeDefrag"), must be under root, no section, with name OcQuirks

MmioWhitelist, if defined, must be inside this Quirks section.

I attached my VM config.plist as an example.

Can't compile

/Users/sergey/src/opt/local/cross/lib/gcc/x86_64-clover-linux-gnu/10.2.0/../../../../x86_64-clover-linux-gnu/bin/ld: /var/folders/s5/t5m9ql6s1kd6frthvst4f6_80000gn/T//DumpUefiCalls.dll.C3NDQx.ltrans0.ltrans.o: in function `_ModuleEntryPoint':
<artificial>:(.text._ModuleEntryPoint+0x79): undefined reference to `SerialPortWrite'

Mmm... no, I can compile.

7 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

At least it went further... a little.

I have no idea. Did you try more than once ? Because I had some random boot failure with strange messages.

yes) went further
no, actually I checked just once... interesting

UPDATE:

checked three times.. same

Edited by MICKHAEL

This debug.log contains three attempts:

1. Clover-OCI, fresh compilation, boot to BigSur installation. Stop at EXITBS.

2. Clover-OCI boot to Mojave working system. Stop after End Random Seed, so at ExitBootService.

3. Clover-master boot to Mojave, success.

All drivers/kexts/config are the same.

debug74.log.zip

I inserted lines like

gST->ConOut->OutputString (gST->ConOut, L"++++++  +++++\n");

into OpenCore and may see where it stops.

Yes, the procedure OcExitBootServicesHandler() finished successfully. The stop after it. 

After it kernel started. The stop at this place may be caused by

1. Locked 0xE2 - it is not my case.

2. Wrong memory, because of AptioFix, but I am using OpenRuntime and it works successfully with Clover-master + OcQuirks.

3. What else?

The compilation error

build.py...
 : error 0004: File read failure
	/Users/sergey/src/CloverBootloader/OpenCorePkg/Library/OcHashServicesLib/OcHashServicesLib.inf

resolved by changing

#  Author: Joel Höner <athre0z@zyantific.com>

to 

#  Author: Joel Hoener <athre0z@zyantific.com>

Someone can comment?

38 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Does it ever happened to you before ? Which OS and compiler ?

It always happened on comp#2 but never with comp#1. It is strange, there are same 10.14.6, same gcc10.1 but comp#2 has xcode 11.3.1 while comp#1 has xcode 11.2.1.

But I don't use xcode compilation, I use GCC53 toolset.

May be there is a difference with Python, I didn't check.

Hi everyone,

after 2 days of intensive testing with @Matgen84 and @mifjpn , we've made some progress.

You might to try this CLOVERX64.efi.zip

If, in your log, you are stuck at AAPL: [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START], it could be because you're missing some SSDT, or because you try to boot an USB3 stick without a proper USB config.

If you're stopped with an OC fatal error, look in the log (or on screen). OC will stopped if you've made a mistake on a SSDT path name, or kext path name.

If you have a working OC config, first adapt your Clover config.plist to use the same SSDT, ACPI pacthes, Kexts, Kexts patches.

In this phase of development, I can give some help. Again, only if you have a working OC. For that, create a private repo on your github account and commit your EFI folder. Add me as a committer. My github name is jief666.

• Like 6

Each I had that, it's because VirtualSMC was injected. Check your log, check the path in OC config plist

EDIT : sorry I mean was NOT injected.

EDIT : I meant Clover config plist

No idea for the lilu error, I never had that.

Solve the VirtualSMC, will see then.

Edited by Jief_Machak
  • Like 1

I personally don't like very much the name 'Other' that really means "All macOS versions". All the kexts in "Other" should NOT be in 10... or 11... folders.

Me, I have 10.13, 10.14 and 11. Sure, there is duplication as some kexts can work for all versions.

Check the log to see what is injected. Maybe you have kexts injected twice (one from Other and one from 10 or 11 folder).

• Like 1

normally I keep each macOS with its specific kexts, so 10.13 for high sierra, 10.14 mojave, 10.15 catalina etc... 
in these tests or I keep them in 10.15 and 11 or only in others
but never in any case at the same time in others and 10.15 and 11
folder 11 shows only 11 or 11.0/11.00???