Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

@Faster4Run What's your current situation ? Can you boot BigSur and Catalina with OC ?

I can boot Big Sur beta 8 and Catalina 10.15.6 with OC no issues and have asked twice now for guidance on getting/testing clover on Big Sur. I just need to EFI structure and an example config.plist. 

@SavageAUS Configured your Clover folder with the same kexts and ACPI tables as in your OC folder. Configure your clover.plist with the same ACPI pacthes, the same kernel/kext patches, the same Quirks (OcQuirks is Booter/Quirks and KernelAndKextToPatch/OcQuirks is Kernel/Quirks.

If, after all that, it doesn't boot, it might be a Clover bug. Then I'll help.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

@Jief_Machakcould you check this log?

two failed attempts in HighSierra and big sur

Thank you

debug.log.zip

You have duplicated kext injected from folder "Other" and from folder "11".

It's easy to see. In the log, you'll find 

80:289  0:027  UniOSVersion == 11.0
80:315  0:026  UniShortOSVersion == 11.0
80:344  0:028  AddKextsInArray from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
80:370  0:026  ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\Lilu.kext (v.1.4.8)
80:400  0:029  ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\AppleALC.kext (v.1.5.3)
80:429  0:028  ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.4.3)
80:483  0:053  ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\VirtualSMC.kext (v.1.1.7)
80:513  0:030  GetOtherKextsDir(FALSE) return NULL
80:577  0:064  AddKextsInArray from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11
80:605  0:027  ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11\Lilu.kext (v.1.4.8)
80:633  0:028  ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11\AppleALC.kext (v.1.5.3)
80:662  0:028  ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11\SMCSuperIO.kext (v.1.1.7)
80:691  0:028  ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11\WhateverGreen.kext (v.1.4.3)
80:743  0:052  ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11\RealtekRTL8111.kext (v.2.3.0)
80:772  0:029  ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11\SMCProcessor.kext (v.1.1.7)
80:801  0:028  ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11\USBMap.kext (v.1.0)
80:830  0:028  ->Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11\VirtualSMC.kext (v.1.1.7)
80:860  0:029  AddKextsInArray from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11_normal
80:887  0:027  AddKextsInArray from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11.0
80:914  0:027  AddKextsInArray from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11.0_normal
80:967  0:052  AddKextsInArray from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11.0.0
80:995  0:028  AddKextsInArray from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\11.0.0_normal

I dont' know if it's the reason, but I'd clean that and try again.

17 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

That EFI has scripts in it saying to copy x to x location. I can see what the scripts do I think, they copy and rename files?
Can it be cleaned up to reflect the actual EFI? There is also a OC.dis folder, Cloverx64.efi OpenCore.efi, config.plist and config-oc.plist. Which ones are needed? Or all of them? Surely Cloverx64.efi and OpenCore.efi aren’t needed in the same location?

This is why I am asking for clarification on folder structure and config.plist example, I would love to be able to test for you guys as most hardware is different and what works on one might not work on another. 

12 minutes ago, fabiosun said:

this log should be fine

I have kext on 10.13 folder and in 11 folder

two attempts to boot (HighSierra and Big Sur)

It hangs after end seed message

thank you

debug.log.zip

I say maybe a stupidity: try to rename 10.13 by 10 only.

Edited by Matgen84

1 hour ago, iCanaro said:

@SavageAUS I took from the clover efi of jief, boox64.efi, cloverx64.efi, ocquirks, openruntime; added in my config the new entries OcQuirks and set as I keep them with OC

895530920_Schermata2020-09-23alle16_47_1

1866681583_Schermata2020-09-23alle16_47_

Thanks for that. 
Do I start with latest clover release then modify from that? Then just add those sections to my clover config.plist?

Is it possible to either upload your EFI here or in a message?

I will be testing via USB but I want to do it right so the tests are helpful that’s all. 

38 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Do I start with latest clover release then modify from that?

no

38 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Then just add those sections to my clover config.plist?

yes

you have to take the files I've listed, from Jief's repo
the screenshots you see, they're related to my config
With a plist editor open Jief's config clover, copy the screenshots sections and paste them into your config in the same starting positions where you find them

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:
2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Can it be cleaned up to reflect the actual EFI? There is also a OC.dis folder, Cloverx64.efi OpenCore.efi, config.plist and config-oc.plist. Which ones are needed? Or all of them? Surely Cloverx64.efi and OpenCore.efi aren’t needed in the same location?

In this Clover folder, OC and Clover are in the same folder. Keep it that way if you want my help. No need to add or remove a file. Keep this EFI exactly as it is. Once you put that folder in your EFI partition, double-click once on "copy OC bootstrap to efi_boot". Then put your OC settings in config-oc.plist. Until OC boot and everything seems fine. Then, adjust your Clover settings in config.plist. Have the same ACPI patches, same kernel patches, etc. Then, if it doesn't boot, send me a message containing this Clover/OC folder.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

In this Clover folder, OC and Clover are in the same folder. Keep it that way if you want my help. No need to add or remove a file. Keep this EFI exactly as it is. Once you put that folder in your EFI partition, double-click once on "copy OC bootstrap to efi_boot". Then put your OC settings in config-oc.plist. Until OC boot and everything seems fine. Then, adjust your Clover settings in config.plist. Have the same ACPI patches, same kernel patches, etc. Then, if it doesn't boot, send me a message containing this Clover/OC folder.

Thank you for the instructions. Should the script “copy OC bootstrap to efi_boot” actually copy bootstrap.efi to the boot folder? Because I can’t see it. 
Also which boot picker should I be presented with? OpenCores text based picker or Clovers GUI?

Is it ok to use my kexts or just use what is in the EFI folder on github?

Apologies for the formatting. 

Ok I just created a working Clover 5122 for Catalina just to make sure it was all good. Now I will go about making the OC integration using the EFI on GitHub and using my config and kexts for clover and oc. 

Previous attempt booted to OC text menu so I know I messed up something. 

Edited by SavageAUS
More details.

5 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Yes, I could have added : replace the kexts by the one you want, replace drivers uefi by the one you want, replace DSDT and SSDT by the one you want.

Once you have double-clicked (or launch from terminal) the script ""copy OC bootstrap to efi_boot", you will boot on OC, with the picker you've configured in config-oc.plist.

Then, work on that config-oc.plist until you are happy with your OC configuration.

HINT : if you have a working OC configuration already, the CLOVER/config-oc.plist will be almost the same as your OC/config.plist. The only changes will be the path in SSDT (add "patched/" in front) and the path of the kext bundle.

HINT 2 : don't confuse OC folder and OC. The OC in this CLOVER folder works entirely from inside the CLOVER folder.

Concentrate on that step. Don't think ahead about the next steps. One thing at a time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Yes, I could have added : replace the kexts by the one you want, replace drivers uefi by the one you want, replace DSDT and SSDT by the one you want.

Once you have double-clicked (or launch from terminal) the script ""copy OC bootstrap to efi_boot", you will boot on OC, with the picker you've configured in config-oc.plist.

Then, work on that config-oc.plist until you are happy with your OC configuration.

HINT : if you have a working OC configuration already, the CLOVER/config-oc.plist will be almost the same as your OC/config.plist. The only changes will be the path in SSDT (add "patched/" in front) and the path of the kext bundle.

HINT 2 : don't confuse OC folder and OC. The OC in this CLOVER folder works entirely from inside the CLOVER folder.

Concentrate on that step. Don't think ahead about the next steps. One thing at a time.

Ah ok. I will take a closer look at the oc folder and config on github.

I have a working clover for Catalina and working OC for Big Sur and Catalina. I have made an initial repo on GitHub and will add you as a contributor when I get it better sorted out. 
I assumed until now that I would be greeted with the Clover GUI. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Ah ok. I will take a closer look at the oc folder and config on github.

I have a working clover for Catalina and working OC for Big Sur and Catalina. I have made an initial repo on GitHub and will add you as a contributor when I get it better sorted out. 
I assumed until now that I would be greeted with the Clover GUI. 

4 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Please don't add them to this repo. It'll slow down download and may confuse things

@SavageAUS Ok thanks.

Yeah I know, I created seperate repos for each. 

5 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Please don't add them to this repo. It'll slow down download and may confuse things

@SavageAUS Ok thanks.

Yeah I know, I created seperate repos for each. 

Has anyone succeeded? bigsar 11
I waited hopefully.

To be honest, I am bored with many open cores.
I don't know my computer will crash, I still don't know what day.

Edited by naiclub

3 hours ago, naiclub said:

Has anyone succeeded? bigsar 11
I waited hopefully.

To be honest, I am bored with many open cores.
I don't know my computer will crash, I still don't know what day.

I have already written that on my Z370 the clover proposed in Jief's repo, regularly starts me mojave, catalina and big sur and at the moment is the default bootloader

• Like 5