Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Clover Logo and Background is not dissappeared after i press enter in macOS entry.

Apple Logo with loading bar will shown after second stage.

Clover version = r5011

We'are in same boat

34 minutes ago, adrian_dsl said:

Anyone else missing apple logo + loading bar in 5111? It happens when booting ubuntu as well.

Press enter to boot catalina -> short black screen -> back to clover but without any menus -> loading bar appears at the final stage of the boot just before lockscreen as usual.

Works normally in 5110.

5:982  0:001  SetStartupDiskVolume:
5:982  0:000    * Volume: 'Catalina'
5:982  0:000    * LoaderPath: ''
5:982  0:000    * DevPath: Catalina
5:982  0:000    * GUID = A88E067B-F05B-4296-83F8-60D21FEABAA4
5:983  0:000    * efi-boot-device: <array><dict><key>IOMatch</key><dict><key>IOProviderClass</key><string>IOMedia</string><key>IOPropertyMatch</key><dict><key>UUID</key><string>A88E067B-F05B-4296-83F8-60D21FEABAA4</string></dict></dict></dict></array>
5:983  0:000  SetScreenResolution: 1920x1080 - already set
5:983  0:000  Custom boot is using theme logo
6:074  0:090  Custom boot lock
6:074  0:000  Custom boot framebuffer 0x2FE0000000 0x7E9000
6:074  0:000  Custom boot GOP: 0x52C6AAB0 @0x2FE07E9000 0x300000 1024(1024)x768

These are what I get from r5111 (SHA: 31079aea3):

1. MainEntries (both Badges and Volumes icons) are shown, thanks

2. Including Linux, but on my case Deepin, MX Linux and PhoenixOS (Android x86) are using \icons\os_linux.icns, NOT os_deepin, os_mx, os_phoenix *.icns compared to r5108. And I've tried batch renamed them from *.icns back to *.png as well, with a similar result. Either using Custom Entries or Scan Auto.

screenshot0.jpg

I attached debug.log(s) below.

debug.log_r5111_ScanAuto.zip

debug.log_r5111_CustomEntries.zip

#EDIT: What strange is, only Ubuntu shown proper icon hmmmb..

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 4:23 PM, Badruzeus said:

These are what I get from r5111 (SHA: 31079aea3):

1. MainEntries (both Badges and Volumes icons) are shown, thanks

2. Including Linux, but on my case Deepin, MX Linux and PhoenixOS (Android x86) are using \icons\os_linux.icns, NOT os_deepin, os_mx, os_phoenix *.icns compared to r5108. And I've tried batch renamed them from *.icns back to *.png as well, with a similar result. Either using Custom Entries or Scan Auto.

#EDIT: What strange is, only Ubuntu shown proper icon hmmmb..

I think I see a problem with Linux Scan. Check again after last commit.

Edited by Pene
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, adrian_dsl said:

Anyone else missing apple logo + loading bar in 5111? It happens when booting ubuntu as well.

Press enter to boot catalina -> short black screen -> back to clover but without any menus -> loading bar appears at the final stage of the boot just before lockscreen as usual.

Works normally in 5110.

4 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

We'are in same boat

Do you guys have CustomLogo anywhere in your config.plist? I have no experience with it, but is it not what it should do?

11 minutes ago, Pene said:

Do you guys have CustomLogo anywhere in your config.plist? I have no experience with it, but is it not what it should do?

Setting custom logo to NO fixed this.

Since it appeared in 5111 I didn't think it would come from config.plist.

7 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

I assume this is included in the 5111 build?

no, otherwise I would have linked the link to the releases. But were you talking about the previous prerelease anyway? :angel_not:

EDIT

files posted are old now, I think this post contains better Clover

Edited by vector sigma

On 4/13/2020 at 4:21 PM, Slice said:

It is a stopper bug which should be repaired first of all.

Make please DarwinDumper report (without HTML report, without BIOS, make private, archive as LZMA). I want to see many parameters that may influence.

r5108 Wifi FakeID working: DarwinDumper_3.0.4_14.04_08.30.52_iMac11,3_Clover_X64_5108_(master,_commit_f7254f53e)_Sierra_16G2136_fusion71au.tar.lzma

r5111 Wifi FakeID not working: DarwinDumper_3.0.4_14.04_08.21.56_iMac11,3_Clover_X64_5111_(master,_commit_c572e50ec)_Sierra_16G2136_fusion71au.tar.lzma

3 hours ago, Slice said:

Thanks, I found the difference. It is how DSDT patch working.

Will be corrected soon.

Confirm issue now fixed with Clover r5112 :).

Edited by fusion71au
Issue fixed with Clover r5112

8 hours ago, Pene said:

8 hours ago, adrian_dsl said:

Setting custom logo to NO fixed this.

Since it appeared in 5111 I didn't think it would come from config.plist.

Thank you,, set custom log to NO to fix the problem :D

5 hours ago, fusion71au said:

Thanks, I found the difference. It is how DSDT patch working.

Will be corrected soon.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pene said:

I think I see a problem with Linux Scan. Check again after last commit: CLOVERx64.zip

It remains a same result, does Legacy make difference? I don't think so hmmb... I never use CustomIcon on GUI nor Entry #btw. Thanks.

Edited by Badruzeus

10 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

It remains a same result, does Legacy make difference? I don't think so hmmb... I never use CustomIcon on GUI nor Entry #btw. Thanks.

Strange. Give me a log with this debug version please

Edited by Pene
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pene said:

Strange. Give me a log with this debug version please

CLOVERX64-DEBUG.zip

Much better! Now with this r5112 (Debug version) Linux Entries shown proper icons IF using Scan (Auto) as seen on screenshot0 below, but NOT with 'Custom Entries'. (I'm just not sure what logs said that lot of *.icns are not found from current theme: Chamelia, though they're really exist. I don't use Day or Light properties for all my themes #btw). I attached my config.plist as well, thanks and sorry for delay response.

screenshot0.jpg

debug.log_r5112_CustomEntries.txt.zip

debug.log_r5112_ScanAuto.txt.zip

config_AOH_ScanAuto.plist.zip

Edited by Badruzeus
Add missing config.plist

48 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Much better! Now with this r5112 (Debug version) Linux Entries shown proper icons IF using Scan (Auto) as seen on screenshot0 below, but NOT with 'Custom Entries'.

Good. Well that means that you probably did not test with the binary I posted before (with the LinuxScan fix) as it was the same just without the debugs (and a different reported version).

Regarding custom entries:

I'm quite sure that even before, Clover did not have MX linux and other distros you are mentioning in the standard IconsNames[] array (while ubuntu actually is there, that's why it behaves differently).

So when defining a Custom Entry for them, if you want a special icon, you need to add in the relevant custom entry an entry for which icon you wish to be used (which I see are not present in your config.plist). For example:

<key>Image</key>
          <string>mx</string>

or alternatively (both forms are accepted):

<key>Image</key>
          <string>os_mx</string>

However, when using AutoScan, many more Linux distributions exist in the LinuxEntryData[] array, so that's why it works there.

I would like to emphasize again, that as far as I'm aware, this is how it always was with Clover. If you think otherwise, please test again with a version you think behaves differently for Custom items, and let me know the results.

Edited by Pene
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Pene said:

So when defining a Custom Entry for them, if you want a special icon, you need to add in the relevant custom entry an entry for which icon you wish to be used (which I see are not present in your config.plist). For example:

<key>Image</key>
          <string>mx</string>

or alternatively (both forms are accepted):

<key>Image</key>
          <string>os_mx</string>

Thank you, I think this Properties should be available on 'config-sample.plist - GUI - Custom - Entries' section; since user may be using it for reference.

Excuse me @vector sigma: With ./buildme script I mistakenly choosing '13) Update Clover (reset changes)' but to be honest I'm NOT SURE. However, Ctrl+C within Terminal is the only option bcoz it didn't give me another choice.

buildme.jpg

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

@Pene Perfectly works with those 'Image' Properties under 'GUI - Custom - Entries'. Many thanks. And I just realize that what not found on my theme were ~night*.icns, among others such as sound_night*.wav, etc. IDK how to tell Clover that my uploaded themes are all DayLight.

screenshot0.jpg

debug.log_r5112_CustomEntries_Image.zip

#EDIT: ..and it's true that all my themes didn't include ~night stuffs.

Edited by Badruzeus

54 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Excuse me @vector sigma: With ./buildme script I mistakenly choosing '13) Update Clover (reset changes)' but to be honest I'm NOT SURE. However, Ctrl+C within Terminal is the only option bcoz it didn't give me another choice.

Sorry I did not understand the problem and why you press Ctrl+C.

y or Y stand for yes/true as a confirmation that you are sure, and any other button pressed skip it. Isn't it?

Edited by vector sigma
typo

35 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

@Pene Perfectly works with those 'Image' Properties under 'GUI - Custom - Entries'. Many thanks. And I just realize that what not found on my theme was ~night*.icns, among others such as sound_night*.wav (different naming?). IDK how to tell Clover that my uploaded themes are all DayLight.

debug.log_r5112_CustomEntries_Image.zip

#EDIT: ..and it's true that all my themes didn't include ~night stuffs.

I think it is just log messages? We can exclude messages that night icons are not found.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Sorry I did not understand the problem and why you press Ctrl+C.

y or Y stand for yes/true as a confirmation that you are sure, and any other button pressed skip it. Isn't it?

Oh, I see. So any other keys than 'y' stand for 'n' = no/false. Got it, thanks.

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 1

@Slice when should we expect to have an English translation with all the changes and features in order to keep our config.plist updated with the changes you apply to clover? (for example, provide docs on how to use the new theme engine - but this is one of the most marginal ones to know, actually there are more important aspects to document between changes on clover which affect the config.plist and its adjustments)

Thank you in advance