Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

Ah ah ! Well said about the log. It's a modification I always have and keep for my development version : Clover erases the debug log at boot. Honestly, I don't care about previous preboot.log. I never took the time to propose it. 

If it were me, I'd do that.

Is there anyone who likes the idea of erasing the debug log at each start ?

OR

Is there anyone who doesn't like it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Badruzeus said:

However whenever I boot from my built I always get Red Screen of Death with Segmentation Fault (RiP) once reaching GUI, so I need someone else build (or GitHub release) which works OK.

About building from Linux - I don't think we support that at the moment.

It probably needs some adaptations due to C++ modifications introduced by @Jief_Machak ( By the way, thanks for that once again, Jief :), I looked a bit into it yesterday as I was kinda absent when that happened). So not sure how to help you with that.

But, if you have some relevant experience, please read the first posts from the C++ thread, understand the idea, and if you figure out how to do it with Linux, your contribution on updating the scripts for linux compilation is welcome :) 

Edited by Pene
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jief_Machak said:

Ah ah ! Well said about the log. It's a modification I always have and keep for my development version : Clover erases the debug log at boot. Honestly, I don't care about previous preboot.log. I never took the time to propose it. 

If it were me, I'd do that.

Is there anyone who likes the idea of erasing the debug log at each start ?

OR

Is there anyone who doesn't like it ?

No-no, bad idea! When you have a clover hang you will reset the computer and look previous debug.log.

Don't erase debug.log at start!!!

• Like 2

My BIOS permits me to boot from other Clover. It is a way for testing.

Then if a testing Clover hangs/can't work then I can boot with other Clover and then analyze debug.log.

IMG_1036.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slice said:

My BIOS permits me to boot from other Clover. It is a way for testing.

Then if a testing Clover hangs/can't work then I can boot with other Clover and then analyze debug.log.

IMG_1036.jpg

Another guys with a Dell Optiplex :P :lol:

Well, somebody found an issue using Theme with 'BootCampStyle=true'..

1. Selection - Indicator is copied to another Entries (not moved), IDK how to explain but hopefully screenshot below helps (Up Arrow; under MenuTitle* is Indicator)

2. If 'Indicator=PathTo*.png' is defined on theme.plist - Selection' (meant Theme provides custom indicator.png), when user moving from last Entry to Function icons, he'll get error with system halted immediately. I think debug.log printed this error. However, once I remove (or just give comment) 'Indicator' properties, it works just fine (Point 1 is still there even not using custom Indicator).

Thanks.

screenshot0.jpg

debug.log_AOH_r5112_Pene.zip

Edited by Badruzeus

Right, you can boot on another Clover in the same directory.

I also can do that. I'm lazier and I found easier to just plug a usb stick with a "reference" Clover that I know it works. And in case of a crash, I put the crashing version on a usb stick so I can explore the log on another computer. Save me the time to reboot to see what's going on.

I thought about a setting for a while. But it was 3 years ago and didn't know how to do it. So since then, I was just adding few lines needed in my own copy of the project. 

4 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

system halted

Any chance for a Qemu virtual disk image ? 

12 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

Any chance for a Qemu virtual disk image ? 

IDK, sorry.. I mean I don't use Qemu yet since the last time I was trying.. it complained about 32-bit arch limitation or lack of virtualization from my Atom cpus. Or just mistakenly I run qemu-i386 for loading CLOVERX64.efi, or just missing dependencies from my Linux mach, I didn't remember exactly LOL.

1 hour ago, gulios said:

Hi All, 

Using RoG theme and have a problem with displaying icons since Clove version 5009 (now using 5012)
How to fix it ?

Thank you

RoG.zip

Clover don't accept real .icns file but only .png. All your files are real icns. :)

7 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

backup folder name is still strange

also

we just see "message welcome to Clover 5112" before

but scanning entries message is gone.

just get gui.

Thanks @Sherlocks I didn't notice before. Same issues here.

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

backup folder name is still strange

1802923598_2020-04-188_29_24.png.bf6d54b4606534d6253aa826ebcaf549.png

22 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

@vector sigma

hi there is name bug, after backup clover folder.

1021911181_2020-04-1711_21_40.png.fb7a14b4cb645a766124871713b6dcd9.png

Target volume /Volumes/Macintosh HD on disk1 is APFS on physical store disk0s2
======================================================
Backing up EFI files

Backing up /Volumes/Macintosh HD/EFIROOTDIR/EFI folder to /Volumes/Macintosh HD/EFI-Backups/rquot;apos;lt;gt;amp;5112/2020-04-17-22h57/EFI
======================================================

No surprise, if you change back the revision string inside CLOVERX64.efi it works good, but was changed..

EDIT

try the attached script. Usage

test.sh /path/to/CLOVERX64.efi

test.sh.zip

Edited by vector sigma
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 10:12 AM, Badruzeus said:

Well, somebody found an issue using Theme with 'BootCampStyle=true'..

1. Selection - Indicator is copied to another Entries (not moved), IDK how to explain but hopefully screenshot below helps (Up Arrow; under MenuTitle* is Indicator)

2. If 'Indicator=PathTo*.png' is defined on theme.plist - Selection' (meant Theme provides custom indicator.png), when user moving from last Entry to Function icons, he'll get error with system halted immediately. I think debug.log printed this error. However, once I remove (or just give comment) 'Indicator' properties, it works just fine (Point 1 is still there even not using custom Indicator).

Thanks.

screenshot0.jpg

debug.log_AOH_r5112_Pene.zip

1. I attempted to fix BootCampStyle indicator problem (commit fad765e), but I don't have your "ClassicalTest" theme (which I saw you are using in the debug log) - so I cannot check.

2. I also attempted to address the crash you mentioned (commits ea58107, 73f5205), but without being able to reproduce it - so please check that as well.

Edited by Pene
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Another guys with a Dell Optiplex :P :lol:

Dell Latitude

9 hours ago, Jief_Machak said:

Right, you can boot on another Clover in the same directory.

I also can do that. I'm lazier and I found easier to just plug a usb stick with a "reference" Clover that I know it works. And in case of a crash, I put the crashing version on a usb stick so I can explore the log on another computer. Save me the time to reboot to see what's going on.

In my case I can resolve the problem without second computer. Moreover without USB stick.

8 hours ago, Pene said:

1. I attempted to fix BootCampStyle indicator problem (commit fad765e), but I don't have your "ClassicalTest" theme (which I saw you are using in the debug log) - so I cannot check.

2. I also attempted to address the crash you mentioned (commits ea58107, 73f5205), but without being able to reproduce it - so please check that as well.

Thanks, I did test it and both problems have been solved. (Actually was any raster theme with just adding BootCampStyle=true on theme.plist). Sorry for late reply anyway.

debug.log_AOH_r5112_200419.zip

screenshot0.jpg

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 2

On 4/18/2020 at 9:48 PM, vector sigma said:

No surprise, if you change back the revision string inside CLOVERX64.efi it works good, but was changed..

EDIT

try the attached script. Usage

test.sh /path/to/CLOVERX64.efi

test.sh.zip

here is 

sherlocks@SherloccBookPro ~ % /Users/sherlocks/Downloads/test.sh /EFI-Backups/rquot\;apos\;lt\;gt\;amp\;5112/2020-04-19-22h07/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi

-->r5112<--

sherlocks@SherloccBookPro ~ % 

2 hours ago, Pene said:

Check please if it is resolved with last commit.

fixed it!!. thanks alot

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sherlocks said:

here is 

sherlocks@SherloccBookPro ~ % /Users/sherlocks/Downloads/test.sh /EFI-Backups/rquot\;apos\;lt\;gt\;amp\;5112/2020-04-19-22h07/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi

-->r5112<--

sherlocks@SherloccBookPro ~ %

Try with last commit

2 hours ago, graphine said:

Hello,

Any way to get oem logo or default windows logo to show when booting windows?

Currently it only shows the loading animation.

Booting Windows with Clover 5112 I see Windows blue flag as Microsoft proposed.

Hi @Slice,

After your commit 2a731df ("fix vector theme appearance"), badge images are really small, in all themes that use badges (regular and svg).

(And in case you aren't aware of it, I'll also mention that vertical scroll in cesium still doesn't appear properly).

Edited by Pene
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slice said:

Booting Windows with Clover 5112 I see Windows blue flag as Microsoft proposed. 

Interesting, what is your setup?

I have windows installed on a ssd, and mac on another one. Clover is on the mac ssd and I can see the windows entry as "boot microsoft efi boot from efi".

Anything in config.plist that might affect this?