Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Slice said:

I think it is just log messages? We can exclude messages that night icons are not found.

I meant, if only Author is able to specify color mood on theme.plist like 'Appearance=Day/Night'. So, when using 'Day' for example; it'll prevent Clover for scanning all ~night* stuffs from current theme. Seems like Scan Time efficiency?

IDK it' s possible though, due to bunch of themes from diff Authors with also diff icons availability. Plz correct me if I'm wrong, I was vacuum for a while w/o knowing which features are added or removed from Clover related to GUI. Thanks.

Edited by Badruzeus

13 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Thank you,, set custom log to NO to fix the problem :D

22 hours ago, adrian_dsl said:

Setting custom logo to NO fixed this. 

Since it appeared in 5111 I didn't think it would come from config.plist.

Out of curiosity, what did you guys have CustomLogo set to before? So that I can figure out if it's a bug or not. 

4 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I have set it CustomLogo = Theme.

Then I guess that's the expected behavior for that. I think it was a bug before that it didn't work :) 

4 hours ago, Slice said:

I think it is just log messages? We can exclude messages that night icons are not found.

There is nothing to exclude really, as I sent him intentionally a debug version with many DBG enabled , to understand the problem he had. Release doesn't have those messages anyway.

1 hour ago, Pene said:

Then I guess that's the expected behavior for that. I think it was a bug before that it didn't work :) 

There is nothing to exclude really, as I sent him intentionally a debug version with many DBG enabled , to understand the problem he had. Release doesn't have those messages anyway.

Then why if i didn't use Custom Entry, still i can't see apple logo with loading bar until second stage of booting???

3 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Then why if i didn't use Custom Entry, still i can't see apple logo with loading bar until second stage of booting???

You mean that you have same behavior like CustomBoot=Theme even without setting it?

EDIT:

I see some potential issues with refactoring of CustomBoot. I corrected with last commit. Please check if your problem persists.

If you still have the problem, please attach config.plist and a boot.log (with current code) so I can see better what's happening.

Edited by Pene

9 hours ago, Pene said:

You mean that you have same behavior like CustomBoot=Theme even without setting it?

EDIT:

I see some potential issues with refactoring of CustomBoot. I corrected with last commit. Please check if your problem persists.

If you still have the problem, please attach config.plist and a boot.log (with current code) so I can see better what's happening.

Correct,, I still get same problem without setting "CustomBoot=Theme"

i will report ASAP

11 hours ago, Pene said:

EDIT:

Here is the config.plist and Preboot.log.

Condition:
1. If i set custom entry for Catalina and set CustomLogo = NO, then boot is fine (First and second stage loading bar with Apple Logo is OK)
2. If i delete custom entry for Catalina, then boot to Catalina entry then first stage only show my Theme and Icon then when reach second stage boot apple logo is shown
3. My Mojave system is FileVault, i can't set custom entry for that (i don't know which GUID should i select). If i boot to this entry in GUI CLOVER then i only can see my Theme Background and icon, but if i input my Mac Password then press enter i can boot to the system. Password Screen only appears if i boot in Verbose mode.

Sorry for bad english

preboot.log

config.plist

22 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Here is the config.plist and Preboot.log.

Condition:
1. If i set custom entry for Catalina and set CustomLogo = NO, then boot is fine (First and second stage loading bar with Apple Logo is OK)
2. If i delete custom entry for Catalina, then boot to Catalina entry then first stage only show my Theme and Icon then when reach second stage boot apple logo is shown
3. My Mojave system is FileVault, i can't set custom entry for that (i don't know which GUID should i select). If i boot to this entry in GUI CLOVER then i only can see my Theme Background and icon, but if i input my Mac Password then press enter i can boot to the system. Password Screen only appears if i boot in Verbose mode.

Sorry for bad english

preboot.log

config.plist

But your config.plist contains:

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CustomLogo</key>
		<string>Theme</string>

4 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Ahh, so that's it.

There are 2 options for CustomLog,, i just realized it

image.png.830a02b2b605647302c95832e19efc1e.png

Yes, there is a general option, and then another option in custom entries if you want to change the general option to something else for some entries.

3 minutes ago, Pene said:

Yes, there is a general option, and then another option in custom entries if you want to change the general option to something else for some entries.

Problem is solved, thank you very much.

I have another question, i hope you can give me a clue.

How to set custom entries name for FileVault entry???

Which Partition / Disk UUID should i select??? eg, for APFS Catalina / Mojave we should select Partition UUID of ContainerDisk.

"Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot" is too long for entry name :hysterical:

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 12.48.16.png

screenshot0.png

1 minute ago, Jief_Machak said:

"FileVault Prebooter" but no FileVault partition ??? Is it a CLover bug ?

I don't think it's clover's bug, this partition is part of the preboot partition ever since Apple introduced APFS and since there's some boot.efi files I guess clover detects that and then shows it on the GUI as a bootable partition.

4 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

"FileVault Prebooter" but no FileVault partition ??? Is it a CLover bug ?

Actually i only set Mojave with FileVault = On, but Catalina is not.

But in GUI CLOVER there are 3 entries with Preboot (2 FileVault Preboot and 1 Install Preboot). I don't know if it's bug or not.

screenshot0.png

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

I wasn't talking about the it's bootable. I'm surprised it's called "FileVault Prebooter". I thought the name was for HFS FileVault, not APFS.

Installer leave some file in Preboot partition. That's why you see "Boot from Install Preboot". You can mount preboot and remove them. My guess is : once there is only one bootable efi from your preboot volume, "FileVault Prebooter" might go away. It's just a guess, but I know I always have "Boot from Preboot", never "Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot".

Then, rename preboot can be done with a .VolumeLabel.txt on the preboot volume.

What would be amazing is to have this possibility inside Clover. Like a rename volume option in Clover GUI that will create the .VolumeLabel.txt.

3 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I wasn't talking about the it's bootable. I'm surprised it's called "FileVault Prebooter". I thought the name was for HFS FileVault, not APFS.

Installer leave some file in Preboot partition. That's why you see "Boot from Install Preboot". You can mount preboot and remove them. My guess is : once there is only one bootable efi from your preboot volume, "FileVault Prebooter" might go away. It's just a guess, but I know I always have "Boot from Preboot", never "Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot".

Then, rename preboot can be done with a .VolumeLabel.txt on the preboot volume.

What would be amazing is to have this possibility inside Clover. Like a rename volume option in Clover GUI that will create the .VolumeLabel.txt.

For other entry we can set VolumeLabel with Custom Entry (Like my Catalina Partition, Windows and MX Linux) but i don't know how to set Custom Label for FileVault partition.

clover theme still has problem.

example.

when getting gui from this process.

KakaoTalk_Photo_2020-04-15-15-21-46.thumb.jpeg.64fd5bf5bbee2ae1297d318c82dc0087.jpegKakaoTalk_Photo_2020-04-15-15-21-32.thumb.jpeg.b41442935ac20131b00790519b390715.jpegKakaoTalk_Photo_2020-04-15-15-21-38.thumb.jpeg.80c8ca5b4b39e5aa1dd9113a5468e1d2.jpeg

scan entries -> black bar(everytimes and every theme, show it) -> get gui.

there was no black bar before(r5109).

and also

still some icon is not god.

i'm using "0:122  0:000  Default theme: Clover Bootcamp". it is latest file from github

• Sad 1

I prefer .VolumeLabel.txt because it stays even when I swap config.plist, try a new Clover etc. In more stable environment, I guess custom entry is fine. But if you can't for this one, try the .VolumeLabel.txt solution ?

Just mount preboot and create the file.

And .VolumeLabel.txt is good for USB bootable disk !

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jief_Machak said:

I prefer .VolumeLabel.txt because it stays even when I swap config.plist, try a new Clover etc. In more stable environment, I guess custom entry is fine. But if you can't for this one, try the .VolumeLabel.txt solution ?

Just mount preboot and create the file.

And .VolumeLabel.txt is good for USB bootable disk !

But with custom entries i can hide specific bootable entry,, i can't hide specific bootable entry with "volumelabel.txt"

There are 3 entry of Prebooter, I only need to use "FileVault Preboot" of Mojave,, I need to hide "Install Prebooter" from Mojave and "FileVault preboot" from Catalina. But i don't know how to hide these entries