Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Does anybody know, what the following message means (Clover Boot Log)?

4:243  0:000  Out of control with CPU numbers

Could this be related to the fact that my system is so extremely unresponsive and laggy?

Please look the attached Clover Boot Log..

Your DSDT contains 31 processors nodes (... And CP1F...). It is too many.

Are you sure VoodooTSC is needed and helpful?

Your CPU

#define CPUID_MODEL_HASWELL_SVR		0x3F

is supported in ElCapitan so you need no to do FakeCPUID.

Does anybody know, what the following message means (Clover Boot Log)?

4:243  0:000  Out of control with CPU numbers

Could this be related to the fact that my system is so extremely unresponsive and laggy?

Please look the attached Clover Boot Log..

you should try without DSDT in patched

FakeCpuid  remove, and fix your mask

Many Thanks!  :)

Your DSDT contains 31 processors nodes (... And CP1F...). It is too many.

Are you sure VoodooTSC is needed and helpful?

Your CPU

#define CPUID_MODEL_HASWELL_SVR		0x3F

is supported in ElCapitan so you need no to do FakeCPUID.

My system is working without VoodooTSC. I removed the kext, but still extremely unresponsive and sluggish with nvda_drv=1..

I did the FakeCPUID, because stinga11 described it here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309717-haswell-e-5820k-5930k-installation-guide-with-full-speedstep-working/

I attached the Boot Log without using VoodooTSC, FakeCPUID and DSDT..

Do you need more info / files to locate the problem?

you should try without DSDT in patched
FakeCpuid  remove, and fix your mask

Do I need Clover FixDsdtMask Calculator? Because I have Clover configurator 4.25..

Boot Log 2015-12-30a.zip

Do I need Clover FixDsdtMask Calculator? Because I have Clover configurator 4.25..

FixDSDTMask Calculator determine your only serves to mask that you validate with Clover Configurator

put nothing in Patcher

I think you should put "VoodooTscSync" and "NullcpupowerManager" in EFI / kext / other

post-1181448-0-07007900-1451491606_thumb.png

Slice: Your HWSensors3 link - the packaged FakeSMC kext is using the old 03022015 version. If I choose not to install the FAKESMC inside the HWSensors3 installer will these plugins still work with the latest 618 Fakesmc?

Edit: Oh I just noticed this from Chris: 

HWSensors EFI v6.18.1394.pkg v3

Andres ZeroCross: Have you tried the above yet?

Slice: Your HWSensors3 link - the packaged FakeSMC kext is using the old 03022015 version. If I choose not to install the FAKESMC inside the HWSensors3 installer will these plugins still work with the latest 618 Fakesmc?

Edit: Oh I just noticed this from Chris: 

HWSensors EFI v6.18.1394.pkg v3

No.

My plugins must be used with my FakeSMC which is better then 6.18

• Like 1

No.

My plugins must be used with my FakeSMC which is better then 6.18

Your fan RPM sensor looks great :D

But,, for the kext can't detect my Nvidia GTX960 chipset,, i see the error log.

Can you take a look Slice

Edit : My board use ITE IT8628E not ITE87xx, can you add sensor for this too???

post-1311960-0-09544500-1451676016_thumb.png

post-1311960-0-28254300-1451676024_thumb.png

post-1311960-0-49135700-1451676036_thumb.png

post-1311960-0-23357800-1451676132_thumb.png

post-1311960-0-06799300-1451676143_thumb.png

post-1311960-0-64683100-1451676153_thumb.png

Anyone know how to enable usb 3.0 NEC Renesas ports with Clover? This is on a P8z68 Deluxe. I've tried flashing Lacie and Sonnet device ids but with limited results and about to give up.

Thanks

Anyone know how to enable usb 3.0 NEC Renesas ports with Clover? This is on a P8z68 Deluxe. I've tried flashing Lacie and Sonnet device ids but with limited results and about to give up.

Thanks

What do you mean by enable? Do they not work at the bootscreen? If it's just that they aren't working in OS X, then this isn't a Clover issue. AFAIK those controllers won't work with AppleUSBXHCI without patching (which doesn't work in 10.11), so you need to use (at the very minimum) PXHCD (the LaCie USB 3.0 drivers). You could also try GenericUSBXHCI. Note that you need 10.11.2+.

What do you mean by enable? Do they not work at the bootscreen? If it's just that they aren't working in OS X, then this isn't a Clover issue. AFAIK those controllers won't work with AppleUSBXHCI without patching (which doesn't work in 10.11), so you need to use (at the very minimum) PXHCD (the LaCie USB 3.0 drivers). You could also try GenericUSBXHCI. Note that you need 10.11.2+.

I thought Clover injects USB information though not sure in what capacity. As far as my Nec usb 3.0 ports are concerned had partial success. The The Lacie PXHCD can load usb 2.0 drives but 3.0 drives are ignored. Must be some sort of a restriction that needs to be removed. Not sure how. Sorry if off topic.

Hi,

When I boot my system normally apple logo and loading bar always coming after Clover boot screen. But now never coming totally black now.

Here is the my steps. Start my system clover boot screen coming auto boot counting then turn screen as black (Normally coming apple logo and loading bar here) waiting and system opening. Why this apple logo and loading bar disappear suddenly?

Anybody know how to fix it?

Anyone tried the EFI version of MemTest86 lately, when starting it from Clover menu? Seems that this does not work anymore. If booting directly from USB stick it works. The main screen still shows up, but the actual test results in a black screen. Since Clover was the only thing changed in between, there might be a regression. Updating MemTest also did not help.

I really need help from a kind soul.  I've searched and searched and searched as to a tutorial that tells you what goes where. I Have an ASUS Aspire 5600U that is running 10.11.2.  The install went well, using a well documented Install processand I end up with a fast bootable System that is lacking Bluetooth,Camera,Sound and wifi.  My understanding is that using clover install the System folder is invisible and empty.  I get that.  I can also mount the EFI partition.  I also understand that many of the fixes go in /Library/Extensions but whatever system I use to install the modified kexts,  none of the device drivers get installed.  PLEASE could someone please point me to a tutorial that says what goes where and the logic behind it.  I'm obviously missing something basic here so could someone please communicate and give me a clue.  Thank You and Happy New Year

Got my Samsung 950 pro.  Install went well just updated clover.  Then threw in NvmExpressDxe-64.efi into the 'drivers64UEFI' folder (even though the installer doesn't allow that, had to install it on a USB stick with BiosblockIO then get the driver NvmExpressDxe-64.efi and throw it in 'drivers64UEFI' folder).  After that I threw the NVMeGeneric.kext into Kext folder for clover.  Booted to a OS X installer USB stick used restore option with Disk utility to copy me oldssd install and booted up 950 pro just fine from the EFI boot loader on OldSSD.  Then installed clover with EFI on the 950 pro, transferred over all my files from my clover folder under EFI partition from old SSD to 950 pro EFI partition.  Now booting with just 950 pro with EFI.

I'm very surprised EFI boot works with my old board with no bios update.  I still have my same 4.6ghz overclock running a much older 4205 bios version on Rampage IV Extreme x79 with 3930K (Sandybridge-E).  This was not support to be possible.  I see threads were people are having issues with it showing up as EFI drive.  Other people says it shows up as PATA.  But not mine it showed as EFI drive.  Again this was with no bios mods, or bios updates, just same old bios been using for years.  Clover EFI doing all the work  :)

My speeds on old SSD were around 480 read and 410 write.  Now doing 2050 Read and 880 write.

Edit : edited post its actually even older bios 4205 released in mid 2013.  I don't have much desire to update bios because the clock speeds were really nice and stable.  I was doing 4.9ghz in windows.

So you got it booting straight from Clover on the 950 Samsung drive? Your sure the bootloader isn't on some other drive? I tried all weekend to get El Cap booting up from my Intel 750 but I needed to mod the bios with the Clover NVMEexpress driver for like Windows boot manager to be seen otherwise I had to have Clover on a usb key to boot my drive. In anycase could not get Capitan to successfully load into a partition I created using carbon copy on the Intel 750 using Clover to boot and the Macvidcards NVME express driver installed. Would stop halfway through after initializing the usb ports while I watched the  verbose boot logs stall out.No idea why.

Anyhow have you tried to boot Windows? I would go duel boot if I was you. Have both Windows and Cap side by side. Only thing is I can throw clover into the windows system efi folder just fine by copying the files into its own folder and creating a boot reference to Clover but can no way to install biosblockio without writing boot files to the partition from the Clover install. I even tried making a biosblockio boot Clover usb key but that failed horribly to go past three lines of text on the screen. Don't even use biosblockio of booting cap anyhow but wonder if its possible to separate biosblockio as an independant kext?

Thanks.

biosblockio is not a kext. It is file "BOOT".

It will act as third state bootloader

boot0af->boot1f32->boot

first -> second -> third

It will act only with legacy boot, not UEFI.

So you got it booting straight from Clover on the 950 Samsung drive? Your sure the bootloader isn't on some other drive? I tried all weekend to get El Cap booting up from my Intel 750 but I needed to mod the bios with the Clover NVMEexpress driver for like Windows boot manager to be seen otherwise I had to have Clover on a usb key to boot my drive. In anycase could not get Capitan to successfully load into a partition I created using carbon copy on the Intel 750 using Clover to boot and the Macvidcards NVME express driver installed. Would stop halfway through after initializing the usb ports while I watched the  verbose boot logs stall out.No idea why.

Anyhow have you tried to boot Windows? I would go duel boot if I was you. Have both Windows and Cap side by side. Only thing is I can throw clover into the windows system efi folder just fine by copying the files into its own folder and creating a boot reference to Clover but can no way to install biosblockio without writing boot files to the partition from the Clover install. I even tried making a biosblockio boot Clover usb key but that failed horribly to go past three lines of text on the screen. Don't even use biosblockio of booting cap anyhow but wonder if its possible to separate biosblockio as an independant kext?

Thanks.

I installed the biosblockio on USB key.  Then took the efi driver that is not in the efi folder, moved the driver to my desktop (this step is only needed to get the driver, because you don't have that option from clover installer.  Then installed EFI clover install to the 950 pro.  Then moved the nvme efi driver I got from the USB stick, into the efi partition under the 64 bit efi folder (make sure your mounting the EFI partition).  Im certain as long as you have the kext in 10.10 or 10.11 kext folder and nvme efi driver in the 64 bit efi folder anyone can boot.  As long as the motherboard recognizes the drive.

btw if anyone is listening that dev's for clover installer.  The nvme efi driver needs to be a option for EFI installer.

Hi, all, I have already opened the thread but hope that developers could help me here.

I previously used Chameleon and now switched to Clover r3330 (Legacy BIOS, GPT). Everything works perfect except I can only boot my system from Clover USB (MBR). When the system starts from hard disk I see 'No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key' right after the bios screen. There is no blinking underscore, nor characters. 

The funny symptom is that if I set the ESP active (via fdisk), it will boot from HDD without an issue. But this method breaks my Windows 10 EFI installation, which is installed on the same drive. After that Windows can not load anymore and reinstallation of it doesn't help - I need to recreate the partition table again and then reinstall OS X and Windows:     Error code: 0xc000000e   

The original installation procedure:

• Boot from Clover USB (MBR) and prepare the GPT partitions
  • Install OSX
  • Install Clover to ESP (see settings below) > RESULT: "No bootable device" error
  • Set EFI partition as active via fdisk > RESULT: HDD becomes bootable
  • Install Windows > RESULT: "No bootable device" error comes back at the first restart during install
  • Set active flag to ESP again > RESULT: HDD is bootable but Windows doesn't load at all and nothing helps (* Now I skip this step and use Clover USB instead to boot)

post-1621577-0-95279400-1448231099_thumb.jpg

I have spent more than a month reinstalling everything several times and trying different ways to solve it, eg:

• Both boot0af and boot0ss options in Clover setup
  • An alternative PBR as well as standard one
  • Formatting the EFI partition as FAT32
  • ​Reading Clover Wiki troubleshooting

It looks like the BIOS is unable to boot this particular hard disk with GPT for some weird reason unless ESP is set active.

Clover install.log:

Clover EFI installer log - Tue Dec 22 19:57:43 ICT 2015

Installer version: v2.3k r3330 EFI bootloader

======================================================

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *250.1 GB   disk0

1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1

2:                  Apple_HFS Macintosh               207.4 GB   disk0s2

3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3

4:         Microsoft Reserved                         16.8 MB    disk0s4

5:       Microsoft Basic Data Windows                 41.8 GB    disk0s5

/dev/disk1 (external, physical):

#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER

0:     FDisk_partition_scheme                        *16.2 GB    disk1

1:                 DOS_FAT_32 CLOVER USB              16.2 GB    disk1s1

Backing up EFI files

Backing up stage2 file /Volumes/Macintosh/EFIROOTDIR/boot to /Volumes/Macintosh/EFI-Backups/r3330/2015-12-22-19h57/boot

Backing up stage2 file /Volumes/Macintosh/EFIROOTDIR/boot3 to /Volumes/Macintosh/EFI-Backups/r3330/2015-12-22-19h57/boot3

Backing up stage2 file /Volumes/Macintosh/EFIROOTDIR/boot6 to /Volumes/Macintosh/EFI-Backups/r3330/2015-12-22-19h57/boot6

Backing up /Volumes/Macintosh/EFIROOTDIR/EFI folder to /Volumes/Macintosh/EFI-Backups/r3330/2015-12-22-19h57/EFI

No Active Partition

Stage 0 - Writting boot0af to /dev/disk0

//usr/local/bin/fdisk440 -u -f //usr/standalone/i386/boot0af -y /dev/disk0

Stage 1 - Writting boot1f32alt to /dev/rdisk0s1

dd if=/dev/rdisk0s1 count=1 bs=512 of=/tmp/origbs

boot volume format is FAT32

cp /tmp/boot1f32alt /tmp/newbs

dd if=/tmp/origbs of=/tmp/newbs skip=3 seek=3 bs=1 count=87 conv=notrunc

dd if=/tmp/newbs of=/dev/rdisk0s1

Stage 2 - Written boot6 (x64) to /Volumes/EFI/boot

Removing drivers64/VBoxHfs-64.efi driver because HFSPlus driver present

Removing drivers64UEFI/VBoxHfs-64.efi driver because HFSPlus driver present

Installing RC Scripts

Installing RC scripts on target volume '/'

=========== Clover EFI Installation Finish ===========

Here is the GDisk output:

GPT fdisk (gdisk) version 1.0.1

Warning: Devices opened with shared lock will not have their

partition table automatically reloaded!

Partition table scan:

MBR: protective

BSD: not present

APM: not present

GPT: present

Found valid GPT with protective MBR; using GPT.

Command (? for help): v

No problems found. 1717 free sectors (858.5 KiB) available in 3

segments, the largest of which is 1376 (688.0 KiB) in size.

Command (? for help): p

Disk /dev/disk0: 488397168 sectors, 232.9 GiB

Logical sector size: 512 bytes

Disk identifier (GUID): 8C354856-D3BA-4EA3-BC8D-B0D6A69DBB13

Partition table holds up to 128 entries

First usable sector is 34, last usable sector is 488397134

Partitions will be aligned on 8-sector boundaries

Total free space is 1717 sectors (858.5 KiB)

Number  Start (sector)    End (sector)  Size       Code  Name

1              40          409639   200.0 MiB   EF00  EFI System Partition

2          409640       405504895   193.2 GiB   AF00  Macintosh

3       405504896       406774431   619.9 MiB   AB00  Recovery HD

4       406775808       406808575   16.0 MiB    0C01  Microsoft reserved ...

5       406808576       488396799   38.9 GiB    0700  Basic data partition

I would appreciate any ideas on how solve this issue.

The NVMe talk before was nonsense. When Clover is on a NVMe drive, it is absolutely pointless to let it load the NVMe driver. Why? It just loaded from NVMe, so obviously there already is a driver.

@Damx That it will boot when you set the ESP to active is not funny, but the expected behaviour. Clover should be able to chainload Windows. Also, why do you say you have a Windows EFI install when you say you have Legacy BIOS? This is only possible when chainloading via Clover, so setting Clover as active could not have broken anything...

@Damx That it will boot when you set the ESP to active is not funny, but the expected behaviour. Clover should be able to chainload Windows. Also, why do you say you have a Windows EFI install when you say you have Legacy BIOS? This is only possible when chainloading via Clover, so setting Clover as active could not have broken anything...

Since my hard disk is GPT, I can only install Windows 10 x64 in EFI mode using Clover. I try to avoid hybrid GPT/MBR as it slows down the system.

That's exactly what I wanted to ask.

I tried it several times with the same result. Windows boots to Recovery screen which doesn't help. Recovery from installation media doesn't help. The command prompt eg. bcdedit, fixboot and others do not help. Even formatting Windows partition and reinstalling it do not help. The only way to solve it is to recreate the whole GPT partition table and reinstall both OS X and Windows.

You are right, recreating the tables shouldn't affect the boot info. But I think it has something to do with removing the active flag, or clearing some other stuff which fdisk does. I might be wrong.

The gdisk output is in my original post.

GPT fdisk (gdisk) version 1.0.1

Warning: Devices opened with shared lock will not have their

partition table automatically reloaded!

Partition table scan:

MBR: protective

BSD: not present

APM: not present

GPT: present

Found valid GPT with protective MBR; using GPT.

Command (? for help): v

No problems found. 1717 free sectors (858.5 KiB) available in 3

segments, the largest of which is 1376 (688.0 KiB) in size.

Command (? for help): p

Disk /dev/disk0: 488397168 sectors, 232.9 GiB

Logical sector size: 512 bytes

Disk identifier (GUID): 8C354856-D3BA-4EA3-BC8D-B0D6A69DBB13

Partition table holds up to 128 entries

First usable sector is 34, last usable sector is 488397134

Partitions will be aligned on 8-sector boundaries

Total free space is 1717 sectors (858.5 KiB)

Number  Start (sector)    End (sector)  Size       Code  Name

1              40          409639   200.0 MiB   EF00  EFI System Partition

2          409640       405504895   193.2 GiB   AF00  Macintosh

3       405504896       406774431   619.9 MiB   AB00  Recovery HD

4       406775808       406808575   16.0 MiB    0C01  Microsoft reserved ...

5       406808576       488396799   38.9 GiB    0700  Basic data partition

biosblockio is useless for a good computer,right?

Left!

# Change method _PTS where Arg0 is 0x05 (shutdown)
#
into method label _PTS code_regex (If\s*\(LEqual\s*\(Arg0,\s*0x05\)\)\s*\n\s*\{\s*\n)(?:[^\n\}]+\n)+(\s*\}) replace_matched
begin
%1
            Store (Zero, SLPE)\n
            Sleep (0x10)\n
%2
end;
into method label \_PTS code_regex (If\s*\(LEqual\s*\(Arg0,\s*0x05\)\)\s*\n\s*\{\s*\n)(?:[^\n\}]+\n)+(\s*\}) replace_matched
begin
%1
            Store (Zero, SLPE)\n
            Sleep (0x10)\n
%2
end;
into definitionblock code_regex . code_regex_not OperationRegion\s*\(PMRS insert
begin
OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x0430, One)\n
Field (PMRS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)\n
{\n
        ,   4, \n
    SLPE,   1\n
}
end

Is it OK to add gigabyte shutdown DSDT fix to Clover official release?

Already here.

I previously used Chameleon and now switched to Clover r3330 (Legacy BIOS, GPT). Everything works perfect except I can only boot my system from Clover USB (MBR). When the system starts from hard disk I see 'No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key' right after the bios screen. There is no blinking underscore, nor characters. 

The funny thing is that if I set the EFI partition active (via fdisk), it will boot from HDD without an issue. But this method breaks my Windows 10 EFI installation, which is installed on the same drive. After that Windows can not load anymore and reinstallation of it doesn't help - I need to recreate the partition table again and then reinstall OS X and Windows.

No.

EFI System partition must be not active.

In this case

boot0af search for active partition, not found, and then boot PBR sector from EFI. There is boot1f32

boot1f32 will search boot file, this is legacy Clover.

The boot file creates UEFI environment and started CloverX64.efi in which you can find Windows and start it as EFI.

• Like 1