Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Thank you chris, but the system is not in signature, is a Fujitsu E752 laptop, and i tried all possible bios options.

P.S. My system in signature works well with Clover UEFI 

Ha ok  :P

In UEFI mode does not load anything after the selection of the partition to start.

My bios is a Phoenix Secure Tiano

May be you can provide a little more information?

I tried all possible combinations of driver64uefi, but when I press enter after the partition selection nothing happens, only black screen and system reboot after one minute.
I also tried a combination of BIOS settings, disabling devices and features, but nothing changes; other users who have a laptop Fujitsu have the same problem, Clover "UEFI Only" with bios configured CSM and Secure Boot disabled not working.
If you need more information I can give you, ask what you need to know.
Sorry for my english
Thanks for the answers

It can.

What is OS version?

As my signature 10.10.3, is it being used as genuine Haswell?

I have seen that also in Clover config is not necessary because KernelPm be used in 10.8 and 10.9 and do not use in 10:10?
-xcpm is to change the power management on XNU kernel not to use the AICPM?

I tried all possible combinations of driver64uefi, but when I press enter after the partition selection nothing happens, only black screen and system reboot after one minute.

I also tried a combination of BIOS settings, disabling devices and features, but nothing changes; other users who have a laptop Fujitsu have the same problem, Clover "UEFI Only" with bios configured CSM and Secure Boot disabled not working.

If you need more information I can give you, ask what you need to know.

Sorry for my english

Thanks for the answers

Set Boot->Debug=true and do the procedure until reboot.

Then found /EFI/CLOVER/misc/debug.log and upload it here.

As my signature 10.10.3, is it being used as genuine Haswell?

I have seen that also in Clover config is not necessary because KernelPm be used in 10.8 and 10.9 and do not use in 10:10?
-xcpm is to change the power management on XNU kernel not to use the AICPM?

Yes, 10.10.3 works with genuine Haswell 0x3C as well as Clover.

KernelPm can be used for Yosemite as well and Clover knows this.

Hi all,

I experienced random kernel panic and page faults after wake from sleep for a long time, 

This computer worked well with mavericks installed, so i thought it might be hardware compatible problem of the new power supply,

I replaced the old one but problem still existed in yosemite,

In normally use, the system is very stable,  

Wake from hibernation is ok,

Wake from sleep, system might encounter kernel panic or a application crash immediately or after a while, 

the system may be still running, and can open a new app, but crashed apps due to page faults can not be opened again,

it seems there are memory corruption after sleep.

I searched yosemite post-installation sub-forum, found a lot of similar posts, it seems lots of 8/9 series gigabyte mbs are affected,

I use a gigabyte B85 mainboard and a i5-4570s haswell cpu too,

related posts:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306073-random-kernal-panics-any-advice-details-enclosed/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305809-wakeup-issues/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303388-reset-when-waking-from-sleep/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/304336-kernel-panic-10102-when-screen-zooming-after-sleep/

I also found a useful post which solved this problem by deleting IOPlatformSystemSleepPolicy from X86Platformplugin.kext

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/305457-haswell-memory-corruption-after-sleep-kernel-panic/

I hope somebody will find the root cause and patch it through clover.

@Slice Is this issue related to clover power management?

@ Slice:

This is the log

Thanks

As I see the debug.log ended at kext injection.

You just switch off without waiting for finish (90 seconds passed)?

Or it rebooted? I see no beginning of new log.

Check your folder EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10

May be there is a bad kext present.

I forced shutdown the laptop after 5 minutes of black screen, i delete all kext from 10.10 folder or i boot without injected kexts and post new log.

This time the system is not rebooted automatically...

New log attached

debug.log.zip

Yes, 10.10.3 works with genuine Haswell 0x3C as well as Clover.

KernelPm can be used for Yosemite as well and Clover knows this.

But it does not work !! If I let the system identify the processor as Haswell it crashes:

1XozNlQ.jpg

So I can not take FakeCPUID, and CPUID Hasweell 0306C0 not work he thing KP !!!

vpj4AA6.jpg

I forced shutdown the laptop after 5 minutes of black screen, i delete all kext from 10.10 folder or i boot without injected kexts and post new log.

New log attached

You are not injecting intel graphics and you shouldn't need aptiofix driver.

112:457  0:565  Intel GFX injection not set

Hi, folks!

When I use OSX's StartUp Disk with Clover - I have 10.10 and 10.9, each in its own HDD - how do I make Clover to use the selected HDD's config.plist instead of the one from the startup disk that's selected in the motherboard BIOS menu? I need this because the config.plist I use for Yosemite doesn't seem to work for Mavericks, and I use Apple's BT mouse and keyboard, so accessing the BIOS everytime i need to change OSes is quite frustrating.

Another thing: clover can still read ACPI files if I place them at the root of the disk, or using EFI/ACPI/Patched is now mandatory? I use UEFI boot.

All the best!

You are not injecting intel graphics and you shouldn't need aptiofix driver.

112:457  0:565  Intel GFX injection not set

Graphics injection is in the DSDT, i've deleted aptiofix driver but nothing change

New log attached

As I see you booted from USB and then FSInject is trying to load kexts from the folder. May be it can not.

I may propose you

1. Delete FSInject

2. Install Clover on HDD.

Hi, folks!

When I use OSX's StartUp Disk with Clover - I have 10.10 and 10.9, each in its own HDD - how do I make Clover to use the selected HDD's config.plist instead of the one from the startup disk that's selected in the motherboard BIOS menu? I need this because the config.plist I use for Yosemite doesn't seem to work for Mavericks, and I use Apple's BT mouse and keyboard, so accessing the BIOS everytime i need to change OSes is quite frustrating.

Another thing: clover can still read ACPI files if I place them at the root of the disk, or using EFI/ACPI/Patched is now mandatory? I use UEFI boot.

All the best!

DSDT.aml can be loaded from different location.

First priority  /EFI/CLOVER/OEM/GA-D77/ACPI/patched/

Second - root folder.

Third /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

but other ACPI tables can't be loaded from root.

• Like 2

As I see you booted from USB and then FSInject is trying to load kexts from the folder. May be it can not.

I may propose you

1. Delete FSInject

2. Install Clover on HDD.

It does not work, neither method.

I give up and I keep Clover Legacy

Thanks for all

DSDT.aml can be loaded from different location.First priority /EFI/CLOVER/OEM/GA-D77/ACPI/patched/Second - root folder.Third /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched but other ACPI tables can't be loaded from root.

Okay, Slice, and thank you for the answer. However, my main question still stands: I have Yosemite on HDD1, set as boot HDD in the BIOS, and have Mavericks on HDD2. i Have Clover installed both in HDD1 and HDD2. When I use the StartUp Disk preference pane to boot Mavericks instead of default Yosemite, it seems Clover is reading the HDD1 EFI partition to boot the system. The settings and files inside the EFI partition of HDD1 don't work for Mavericks (which by the is in the HDD2, which have its own EFI, and the system will boot if I select HDD2 in the BIOS), so the boot gets stuck before I get the Desktop.

My question, therefore, is: how can I make Clover to read the EFI partition of the HDD2, using only the Clover Boot selection menu, without having to change the boot HDD in the BIOS proper (since I use BT mouse and keyboard, which won't work with my BIOS)?

To further clarify my question with a familiar example, Chameleon will recognize the /Extra plists of the selected HDD and boot using these plists: why cannot Clover (apparently) do that?

I wonder how I can do a clean reinstall of Clover.  Even after reformatting the EFI partition, the Clover installer still shows that it is an "upgrade" (against the customized options checkboxes).  Where does it get that information?

Library/Preferences/

Okay, Slice, and thank you for the answer. However, my main question still stands: I have Yosemite on HDD1, set as boot HDD in the BIOS, and have Mavericks on HDD2. i Have Clover installed both in HDD1 and HDD2. When I use the StartUp Disk preference pane to boot Mavericks instead of default Yosemite, it seems Clover is reading the HDD1 EFI partition to boot the system. The settings and files inside the EFI partition of HDD1 don't work for Mavericks (which by the is in the HDD2, which have its own EFI, and the system will boot if I select HDD2 in the BIOS), so the boot gets stuck before I get the Desktop.

My question, therefore, is: how can I make Clover to read the EFI partition of the HDD2, using only the Clover Boot selection menu, without having to change the boot HDD in the BIOS proper (since I use BT mouse and keyboard, which won't work with my BIOS)?

To further clarify my question with a familiar example, Chameleon will recognize the /Extra plists of the selected HDD and boot using these plists: why cannot Clover (apparently) do that?

It seems to be an absent feature.

MacOS Startup Disk prefPane can't change BIOS HDD order. It just tell to the same Clover what to boot.

We already have different folders /kext/10.x/ booting different systems. What else do you need to change after choosing OS to start? I am not so famous with Chameleon to understand what plist it takes from /Extra after boot a system.

Anyway there is /Volumes/Yosemite/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist  specific for every HDD/partition/OSX where you can write all you want as well as with Chameleon.

• Like 1