Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

If you do not put slide=xxx, then you are booting like on a real Mac - boot.efi will randomly load kernel to different locations in memory (boot.efi will randomly choose slide value). So in this case kernel may be loaded at 0x100000 sometimes, but not always.

If you set slide=0, then boot.efi will always load kernel at 0x100000. If you set slide=1 then kernel will be loaded at 0x300000, with slide=2 at 0x500000 and so on ...

In any case, if you are not having allocation errors on booting, you are ok. :)

I don't use it (slide=0) in my config.plist however i can see it in the log when for some reason (wrong settings in config.plist) i get a kernel panic. dmazar, can you explain? I must use this flag?

post-1128367-0-07448600-1412692022_thumb.png

how I can boot clover without using the flash disk, i try install clover on HDD but still no success (blank screen when boot):

dual boot wind* + osx mavericks on fx processor w/ mainboard GA-970

clover.png

I am having some problems with my battery meter on Clover. With Chameleon it works nice. I have all the kexts from Chameleon installed on Mavericks, and there are no additional ones on Clover. :\ What can be the issue? :( The only thing affected is the battery meter, showing 100% and plugged in all the time! Thanks.

I am having some problems with my battery meter on Clover. With Chameleon it works nice. I have all the kexts from Chameleon installed on Mavericks, and there are no additional ones on Clover. :\ What can be the issue? :( The only thing affected is the battery meter, showing 100% and plugged in all the time! Thanks.

Different DSDT?

@griven,

I see many issues, 

2:625  0:009  The CPU supported turbo
2:633  0:008  BrandString = Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7300  @ 2.00GHz
2:642  0:009  wrong MaxRatio = 11.0, corrected
2:651  0:009  MSR dumps:
2:660  0:008  	@0x00CD=1A2
2:668  0:008  	@0x0198=6170B2D06000B2D
2:676  0:008  FSBFrequency=181MHz
2:685  0:008  Corrected FSBFrequency=200MHz
2:694  0:008  Vendor/Model/Stepping: 0x756E6547/0xF/0xB
2:701  0:007  Family/ExtFamily: 0x6/0x0
2:710  0:008  MaxDiv/MinDiv: 10.0/6
2:718  0:008  Turbo: 11/0/0/0
2:727  0:008  Features: 0xBFEBFBFF
2:734  0:007  Threads: 2
2:743  0:008  Cores: 1
2:750  0:007  FSB: 200 MHz
2:759  0:008  CPU: 2000 MHz
2:768  0:009  TSC: 2000 MHz
2:777  0:009  PIS: 800 MHz

It's using the turbo ratio to calculate the bus speed, however, I think that your firmware actually misconfigured your CPU and set the turbo multiplier as the max multiplier. So the 180MHz kinda makes sense now, 181 * 11 ~= 1.99GHz

5:339  0:003  Drop tables from Xsdt, SIGN=SSDT TableID= Length=0
5:343  0:003   Xsdt has tables count=15 
5:348  0:005   Table: SSDT  TP-7U     617 dropped
5:353  0:004   Table: SSDT  TP-7U     607 dropped
5:358  0:005   Table: SSDT  TP-7U     166 dropped
5:362  0:003   Table: SSDT  TP-7U     1271 dropped
5:366  0:003   Table: SSDT  TP-7U     472 dropped
5:369  0:003  corrected XSDT length=116

Are you sure you need to drop all your SSDTs? I feel like you don't need to do that, set SSDT/DropOem=false. You should dump them determine which one is CPU pm and patch it. Drop it by length (http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI#DropTables) and reinject the patched table. 

Hi apianti,

I played around with Clovers settings and it does not make any difference either if I let Clover generate P and C States or not nor if I drop OEM tables or not. What I was able to verify is if I leave all Values in Clovers CPU section blank the sound stutters with OS-X standard settings all tough the CPU steps from 3X to 10X (597 to 199000 MHz with P and C States generated by Clover and 773Mhz to 199000 without Clover generated P and C States). If I go to Audio/Midi Settings and raise the Output Sample Rates to at least 96000Hz Sound is fine with iTunes, Youtube, Ultramixer and on DVD playback but all System Sounds stutter. The worst thing on this is if I use Skype it will always lower the settings back to 44800 Khz witch makes it unusable. Before I decided to use Yoesemite on this Machine I used Chameleon which never had any problems alongside to VoodooHDA all sample rates just worked fine. I like Clover and used it on many machines before and never had any trouble with it but this little Thinkpad drives me crazy. There must be a way to use the advantages of clover and VoodooHDA on this machine...

Any Help and any ideas are appreciated,,,,

• Like 1

Hi apianti,

I played around with Clovers settings and it does not make any difference either if I let Clover generate P and C States or not nor if I drop OEM tables or not. What I was able to verify is if I leave all Values in Clovers CPU section blank the sound stutters with OS-X standard settings all tough the CPU steps from 3X to 10X (597 to 199000 MHz with P and C States generated by Clover and 773Mhz to 199000 without Clover generated P and C States). If I go to Audio/Midi Settings and raise the Output Sample Rates to at least 96000Hz Sound is fine with iTunes, Youtube, Ultramixer and on DVD playback but all System Sounds stutter. The worst thing on this is if I use Skype it will always lower the settings back to 44800 Khz witch makes it unusable. Before I decided to use Yoesemite on this Machine I used Chameleon which never had any problems alongside to VoodooHDA all sample rates just worked fine. I like Clover and used it on many machines before and never had any trouble with it but this little Thinkpad drives me crazy. There must be a way to use the advantages of clover and VoodooHDA on this machine...

Any Help and any ideas are appreciated,,,,

Try manually setting your bus speed. 

<key>BusSpeedkHz</key>
<string>133330</string>

Setting it manually has always fixed audio problems for me. You might need to experiment a bit to find the correct frequency, but it should be somewhere around 133xxx.

I was saying not to drop all your oem ssdts, do not use clover's generate p/c states, and to drop the cpu power management ssdt by length and reinject it patched. Your bus speed is incorrect thats why you're getting sync problems. You probably need to specify it manually, but I'm not exactly sure what that value would be but you might want to try around 199580.

Oh my god, no, don't set it to 133330, you could ruin your hardware. Core 2 Duo bus speeds vary between 200Mhz and 333MHz, his is 200MHz not 133Mhz.....

lol oops... I thought that were all the same, I looked at Intel's documentation for one particular model of core2duo and it was 1333... Looks like they vary quite a bit.

I am unable to complete the boot process seems stuck at the start.  Preboot.log attached.  From what I can see is it unable to find the file system to start?

Thanks

Edited:

Ok I think I messed up.  I am actually trying to boot Yosemite Beta 4 off USB flash drive installer and I think I forgot to place BaseSystem.dmg and BaseSystem.chunklist to the root of the USB flash drive installer.  I am guessing this is why?

preboot.log.zip

Yesterday I installed the latest Clover (2953) and I got the Boot UEFI Internal from EFI appearing in the boot menu.

Is it possible to remove that from appearing (by Hide xxxx in config.plist) ? Because it seems to blow up my Windows boot when I select it from the Startup pane.

The system continues to boot from last OS, does it change numbering (my legacy boot is 5) ?

Yesterday I installed the latest Clover (2953) and I got the Boot UEFI Internal from EFI appearing in the boot menu.

Is it possible to remove that from appearing (by Hide xxxx in config.plist) ? Because it seems to blow up my Windows boot when I select it from the Startup pane.

The system continues to boot from last OS, does it change numbering (my legacy boot is 5) ?

I feel something is wrong but how can I know what namely?

I seem to be stuck for this USB installer.   Can you have a look at preboot.log and see what you think?   I think the problem starts here :

GetEfiBootDeviceFromNvram near end of log.

Attached file here.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2069235

Thanks

Edited:

I Solved the problem.  I did  not install all the correct UEFI 64 bit drivers.

Sorry I forgot to give you some data.

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

Clover 2795 menu.

attachicon.gifClover 2795.JPG

Clover 2953 menu.

attachicon.gifClover 2953.JPG

Tell me if you need more.

Delete file /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI

or

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>Windows</string>
			<string>BOOTX64.EFI</string>
		</array>

• Like 1

Delete file /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI

or

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Hide</key>
		<array>
			<string>Windows</string>
			<string>BOOTX64.EFI</string>
		</array>

Thanks ! It worked I hid BOOTX64.EFI.

I just removed the Windows part since I want to have my Windows 7 partition showing.

I have install Clover on boot partition,and install niresh osx distro on mavericks partition,but Clover always load niresh osx partition\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi and use niresh osx partition\\EFI\CLOVER\themes,if I delete it,It can't boot to OSX then restart,why?

I have install Clover on boot partition,and install niresh osx distro on mavericks partition,but Clover always load niresh osx partition\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi and use niresh osx partition\\EFI\CLOVER\themes,if I delete it,It can't boot to OSX then restart,why?

Provide, please, more info if you want to get a help.

1. List of partitions.

2. What installed and where.

3. Clover's debug.log will be fine.

<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Log</key>
		<true/>

• Like 1

Provide, please, more info if you want to get a help.
1. List of partitions.
2. What installed and where.
3. Clover's debug.log will be fine.

<key>Boot</key>	<dict>		<key>Log</key>		<true/>

Thank you so much for your reply,sorry for incomplete info.
1.List of partition
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *128.0 GB disk0
1: Windows_NTFS Win7 43.0 GB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Mavericks 84.8 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_HFS Boot 249.6 MB disk0s3
2.Installed
disk0s1 installed Win7 X64,disk0s2 installed Niresh 10.9(creat /EFI/),disk0s3 installed Clover_v2k_r2953.disk0s3 is Active.
3.I have set Log to <true/> via BBEdit opened /Volumes/Boot/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist;/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist,both /Volumes/Boot/EFI/CLOVER/misc;/EFI/CLOVER/misc/ folder is empty.I cannot find debug.log.
I installed Clover_v2k_r2953 to disk0s3,and niresh EFI Folder in /EFI/.I found replace /Volumes/Boot/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist can fix Clover_v2k_r2953 boot 10.9 fail,I don't know which key cause boot 10.9 fail.And if I don't let DSDT.aml works,boot in desktop successful,but after a minute system auto reboot.So When I boot,likely /EFI is booted,because I placed DSDT.aml to /Volumes/Boot/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ doesn't work,only placed DSDT.aml to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ works.And the Clover shows black_green theme from niresh.Why this happened?The attach is EFI create by Niresh 10.9

EFI.zip

Thank you so much for your reply,sorry for incomplete info.

1.List of partition

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: FDisk_partition_scheme *128.0 GB disk0

1: Windows_NTFS Win7 43.0 GB disk0s1

2: Apple_HFS Mavericks 84.8 GB disk0s2

3: Apple_HFS Boot 249.6 MB disk0s3

2.Installed

disk0s1 installed Win7 X64,disk0s2 installed Niresh 10.9(creat /EFI/),disk0s3 installed Clover_v2k_r2953.disk0s3 is Active.

3.I have set Log to via BBEdit opened /Volumes/Boot/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist;/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist,both /Volumes/Boot/EFI/CLOVER/misc;/EFI/CLOVER/misc/ folder is empty.I cannot find debug.log.

I installed Clover_v2k_r2953 to disk0s3,and niresh EFI Folder in /EFI/.I found replace /Volumes/Boot/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist to /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist can fix Clover_v2k_r2953 boot 10.9 fail,I don't know which key cause boot 10.9 fail.And if I don't let DSDT.aml works,boot in desktop successful,but after a minute system auto reboot.So When I boot,likely /EFI is booted,because I placed DSDT.aml to /Volumes/Boot/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ doesn't work,only placed DSDT.aml to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ works.And the Clover shows black_green theme from niresh.Why this happened?The attach is EFI create by Niresh 10.9

This is MBR so Clover will booted from active partition. Use boot0af for this.

Sector boot0ss will search for first HFS partition, niresh in your case.

Debug.log is impossible on HFS partition. 

This is MBR so Clover will booted from active partition. Use boot0af for this.

Sector boot0ss will search for first HFS partition, niresh in your case.

Debug.log is impossible on HFS partition. 

Thank you for reply,I'm sure I select boot0af,and first HFS partition doesn't have file boot,only EFI folder,so if I select boot0ss it should not boot CLOVERX64.EFI.

Debug.log is impossible on HFS partition. So if it possible on FAT32 partition on MBR legacy BIOS?

I tried to format FAT32 and install clover on disk0s3,reboot and it shows b1f error,I searched got slice answered in projectosx said b1f:error means file boot is not found.But it installed file boot on /Volumes/BOOT,why?Does this mean I can't install clover on FAT32 partition?