Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

No comment  magnifico but maybe you will have to read what others user say about that and then say the word "trust me" easy.

I use clover with legacy bios..

I use it instead of chameleon since two weeks..

I can say that they are quite the same in boot time..but clover is a bit faster..

All I know is Clover took about 30 seconds to reach GUI, and Chameleon took about 3-4 seconds. Don't matter anymore tho lol I'm on UEFI

Fom power up to GUI for me are circa 5-6 sec..

2 seconds after the normal logo of the mobo and normal writing of powering up my pc

For a complete boot...to desktop:

chameleon : 30-32 sec

clover : 28-29 sec

5 second are used before clover/chamelon boot partition XD

Fom power up to GUI for me are circa 5-6 sec..

2 seconds after the normal logo of the mobo and normal writing of powering up my pc

For a complete boot...to desktop:

chameleon : 30-32 sec

clover : 28-29 sec

5 second are used before clover/chamelon boot partition XD

You must be the only one.

More info? boot-log, darwin dump...

Here's the debug.log…     http://puu.sh/9wttz/6ff6223536.log

…and the DarwinDump     http://puu.sh/9wvbE/4ca6c514ac.zip

Guys, quick question: how do I make the sound (I've got a Realtek ALC892 chipset) work in Yosemite, using Clover as bootloader? Cause, I tried using M u l t i B e a s t  to install it (damn, I can't even say the name of the software here. Jeez! I'm not asking for support for it, but I need to make a reference to it so that people would understand what I mean!).  And it didn't work. Apparently it requires Chameleon to be installed. And I don't wanna do that cause Chameleon is still very much work in progress when it comes to Yosemite and I couldn't make it load it in my previous tries. Anyway...so, does anyone have any idea how to do that? Also, anyone else has a RTL8111 chipset for Ethernet? Did you get it working with Yosemite? Cause I didn't... I tried the same kext (the universal RTL81xx. kext made by Lnx2Mac, which works perfectly with Mavericks) and it doesn't work with Yosemite (I've got a PPPOE internet connection and it wouldn't let me configure it.)

Try this one, works for me (RealtekRTL81xxx.kext).  It's in the 10.10 kexts folder inside Clover:   http://puu.sh/9wtUM/02ce8084e1.zip

• Like 1

Try this one, works for me (RealtekRTL81xxx.kext).  It's in the 10.10 kexts folder inside Clover:   http://puu.sh/9wtUM/02ce8084e1.zip

I got it. I'll try it tomorrow, most likely, since I've already got it working now. :D

sudo -s
cp -r -v ~/Downloads/RealtekR1000SL.kext /S*/L*/Ex*/

Then you can drag a cache to trash. Or by command

rm -r -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*
AND NO REPAIR PERMISIIONS !!! They are good with these commands.

Well...I've got news. Good news. I'm posting this from Safari, in Yosemite. You know that that means, right? It worked!

I tried Slice's version of Ethernet driver first, and it worked. My system was all messed up (I replaced some other kexts by mistake yesterday and apparently even with the right kext, my Ethernet card wouldn't be recognized). So I reinstalled Yosemite, from scratch. And now it works! Thanks a lot, guys. You're awesome! :)

So one more thing to install. And that's audio.

Where exactly should I put: VoodooHDA.kext (this one I suppose it should go into S/L/E , right?), VoodooHDA.prefPane, VoodooHDASettingsLoader.app and the "getdump" file?

Do I need to run some special commends to get it working?

I mean, I suppose I should clear the cache after sending the kext into S/L/E. But what about the other ones?

UPDATE: I got sound working as well (VoodooHDA 2.8.5)! YAY!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Now flash player needs to be updated as well. Since trying to watch a Youtube video, the PC will freeze reboot (kind of annoying). But I guess I can listen to music form my computer, rather than Youtube. Plus, that has nothing to do with Clover.

Again, thank you very much for your help, guys. :)

• Like 1

Dude... I'm using UEFI now. My boot time is amazing. I have no issues. In legacy, the boot time was crazy slow. I have no idea why this is argument, but I'm stepping away from it now. Have fun arguing with yourself.

I'm trying to get help with an actual issue I'm having and your drowning it out with all this ranting and raving about how Clover is faster.

This is debug.log from UEFI boot and this is fast

4:039  0:006  GUI ready

I was asking a report with delays to see when it happens.

See, I knew this was gonna happen.  I'm not complaining about boot times!!  This guy just basically buried my question with his arguments about speed.  I'm perfectly content with my boot time right now using UEFI. 

My issue is that ever since I upgraded my BIOS to UEFI, and started booting Clover off my EFI partition, I can no longer use the Startup Disk preference pane.  I'm troubleshooting it now but not getting anywhere.  I thought that's why you asked me for logs and darwin dump... 

My issue is that ever since I upgraded my BIOS to UEFI, and started booting Clover off my EFI partition, I can no longer use the Startup Disk preference pane.  I'm troubleshooting it now but not getting anywhere.  I thought that's why you asked me for logs and darwin dump... 

Is your last booted OSX volume being remembered as well?  In Yosemite, there have been issues reported with Clover's NVRAM.plist not being saved - see this discussion for some workarounds.

Both Startup Disk Preference Pane & Last Booted Volume need a working NVRAM....

It's not working from either Mavs or Yosemite. I think @snatch has helped me identify some underlying issues via DM. I'll let u guys know if I get it sorted out, or come back for more help if it doesn't!!! Thanks.

Is your last booted OSX volume being remembered as well?  In Yosemite, there have been issues reported with Clover's NVRAM.plist not being saved - see this discussion for some workarounds.

Both Startup Disk Preference Pane & Last Booted Volume need a working NVRAM....

I think the problem is resolved with scripts set in 2721 package.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

See, I knew this was gonna happen.  I'm not complaining about boot times!!  This guy just basically buried my question with his arguments about speed.  I'm perfectly content with my boot time right now using UEFI. 

Have you tried removing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi ?

I've done it with my Gigabyte motherboard and it works.

• Like 1

Have you tried removing EmuVariableUefi-64.efi ?

I've done it with my Gigabyte motherboard and it works.

My iMessage didn't work until I added that in.  Does your iMessage work? 

Well, I deleted it, and now there's no reading for boot device in nvram at all lol 

ADHD-myHack-Pro:~ dmeister08$ nvram -p
bluetoothActiveControllerInfo	uMa%04%00%00%000%16%1a%00%02v*o%fb
EFIBluetoothDelay	%b8%0b
fmm-computer-name	ADHD myHack Pro
ADHD-myHack-Pro:~ dmeister08$ 

What now?   :)

Alright, I deleted my prior post because I just learned that I'm looking at UUID's in the wrong place.  Discovered that the UUID that is being saved in the nvram.plist does actually correspond to my OSX partition, it just never changes.  Neither Mavs or Yosemite will boot back and forth to each other via the Startup Disk prefpane, and both have the same issue with the nvram.plist.  

Hey guys

With my system up and running again (with both internet and sound working, thanks to two awesome guys here :) ), I tried to boot from the HDD, with no USB used for bootloader.

And so, I installed Clover, in UEFI mode, with the same drivers for UEFI as the ones on the actual Yosemite USB stick, but on my Yosemite partition and started to boot up the system without the USB stick. And I couldn't. I got stuck half way on boot-up. The loading bar doesn't get past 50% loading.

So I thought this might be because I didn't add FakeSMC.kext into System/Library/Extensions. And so, I booted up with the USB stick again and I copied the FakeSMC.kext from my USB stick (I previously created a folder for 10.10 in EFI folder on my USB stick - there was a "kexts" folder somewhere in there- ) to my System/Library Extensions on my Yosemite partition. I used that awesome command that Slice gave me to clear cache for Startup and tried again. Same result.

Any idea how to properly install Clover on my HDD? I'm planning on switching Mavericks to Clover, as well, since it seems to boot just fine with it.

So, to make things more clearer, right now, I've got:

1. Mavericks (bootable with Chimera, in legacy BIOS mode)

2. Yosemite (bootable with Clover in UEFI mode)

3. two other partitions for storage

How do I make both of them bootable, with Clover, and no USB stick? This is the question. Mavericks already is bootable, but, as I said, it uses Chimera.

Does anyone have a solution for my unbootable system?

Not good idea, isn't it?

35:311  0:009   Table: SSDT  SataTabl  877 dropped
35:320  0:009   Table: SSDT  SaSsdt   13537 dropped

If you have a problem of patching AppleTyMCE the I see no debug messages like

DBG_RT("\nAnyKextPatch %d: driverAddr = %x, driverSize = %x\nAnyKext = %a\n",

so can't say it occured.

Set

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Debug</key>
		<true/>

And see messages on the screen. Debug.log is not possible here.

I may propose you just remove the kext. It is not needed.

Any idea how to properly install Clover on my HDD? I'm planning on switching Mavericks to Clover, as well, since it seems to boot just fine with it.

How do I make both of them bootable, with Clover, and no USB stick? This is the question. Mavericks already is bootable, but, as I said, it uses Chimera.

Use official installer!

Use official installer!

Well...I did. I used the pkg file downloaded from here. Truth be told, at that time, 2703 was the newest version. I see that now 2721 is out as well. So if you think that's going to make a difference, I'm going to try that. What about that FakeSMC.kext? Is it ok that I copied it into S/L/E ? Is there something else that could cause this issue? Do I need to add some boot flags in order to be able to boot? Cause I don't need anything when booting from USB stick (but it's true that I edited the config.plist and added the following lines at the bottom of the file):

<key>Arguments</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

Do I still need that? Should I add that into the OS as well?

I'm sorry if my questions sound stupid. I'm still learning a lot from you, guys. Mac is something new for me. I'm not familiar with many things. But I'm learning. :) So please, bear with me for a while. :)

Also, guys, I wanted to ask you about the Apple logo on boot. Isn't there supposed to be one? Cause I didn't see any... It's not a big deal. The loading bar alone is ok. But I was just wondering.

Not good idea, isn't it?

35:311  0:009   Table: SSDT  SataTabl  877 dropped
35:320  0:009   Table: SSDT  SaSsdt   13537 dropped

If you have a problem of patching AppleTyMCE the I see no debug messages like

DBG_RT("\nAnyKextPatch %d: driverAddr = %x, driverSize = %x\nAnyKext = %a\n",

so can't say it occured.

Set

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Debug</key>
		<true/>

And see messages on the screen. Debug.log is not possible here.

I may propose you just remove the kext. It is not needed.

Use official installer!

True, it's not supposed to drop any tables, but still does. How can does happen? The config.plist doesn't have the entry droptables.