Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,872 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

@Slice, how can I monitorize CPU 1st generation freqvency? Thank you!

FakeSMC+IntelCPUMonitor exists from 2009 tuned for Core2Duo as well.

The link is in my signature.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

I need it for a real iMac. If I put FakeSMC in real Mac it will work?

Never tested. In theory it may work but will interfere with embedded SMC controller. I don't know how.

Did you look something like iStat? It is intended for real Macs but I am not sure about frequency.

33 minutes ago, Slice said:

Never tested. In theory it may work but will interfere with embedded SMC controller. I don't know how.

Did you look something like iStat? It is intended for real Macs but I am not sure about frequency.

It doesn't work. iStat same. All is related with Intel power Gadget and this one doesn't work with 1st generation. The only solution is trough terminal, like this:

sudo powermetrics | grep "CPU Average frequency as fraction of nominal"

14 hours ago, Slice said:

@Stefanalmare I rried FakeSMC+IntelCPUMonitor on my iMac11,3. It shows temps (some values are false), fan speeds, voltage  and RAM but not frequency:

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2023-08-15um10_56_18.thumb.png.a127856c9764c5792be2ebf3f960d0d9.png

I tried VIrtualSMC as well. No luck. Generating an SSDT-PM with ssdtPRGen didn't work either, even after I added the CPU data manully. Intel Power Gadget doesn't support it either. 1st Gen Intel Core is weird like that, I guess.

Edited by cankiulascmnfye

53 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

@Stefanalmare I rried FakeSMC+IntelCPUMonitor on my iMac11,3. It shows temps (some values are false), fan speeds, voltage  and RAM but not frequency:

Hide contents

Bildschirmfoto2023-08-15um10_56_18.thumb.png.a127856c9764c5792be2ebf3f960d0d9.png

I tried VIrtualSMC as well. No luck. Generating an SSDT-PM with ssdtPRGen didn't work either, even after I added the CPU data manully. Intel Power Gadget doesn't support it either. 1st Gen Intel Core is weird like that, I guess.

Same here.

I know the method to measure CPU frequency. It is in IntelCPUmonitor but the kext send values to FakeSMC.

One developer can create such kext which will send values to IOReg. And then an application that can get the value to show us. It maybe Kozlek's branch of HWMonitor.

• Like 2

Thanks for Clover dev team esp. Slice who provide us the wonderful bootloader for hackintoshs.

For example Clover 5151 can boot my M5A (FX-6300) hackintosh at Sonoma 14.0 beta 5 now which can not be done with OpenCore 0.9.4 due to lack of RadeonDeInit function for RX-560 GPU.

Only one disadvantage or bug found by legacy booting Clover in which loss of boot-args in NVRAM.

Can it be fixed ? Because without boot-args I can not disable AMFI to run OCLP patch anymore.

Screenshot 2023-08-20 at 9.06.40 AM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks for Clover dev team esp. Slice who provide us the wonderful bootloader for hackintoshs.

For example Clover 5151 can boot my M5A (FX-6300) hackintosh at Sonoma 14.0 beta 5 now which can not be done with OpenCore 0.9.4 due to lack of RadeonDeInit function for RX-560 GPU.

Only one disadvantage or bug found by legacy booting Clover in which loss of boot-args in NVRAM.

Can it be fixed ? Because without boot-args I can not disable AMFI to run OCLP patch anymore.

Why no boot-args? How can you imagine macOS without boot-args?

Clover is working with boot-args more correct then OC. I just don't remember details.

But I don't know what is needed for AMFI with OCLP.

What if you write Arguments="amfi=0x80"?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Slice said:

Why no boot-args? How can you imagine macOS without boot-args?

Clover is working with boot-args more correct then OC. I just don't remember details.

But I don't know what is needed for AMFI with OCLP.

What if you write Arguments="amfi=0x80"?

In my Clover 5151's config.plist there's boot-args="amfi=0x80 ", but after login desktop Hackintool showed no boot-args any more.

I don't know the reason why happened after login desktop.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Slice said:

This is Hackintool problem. It also shown me no audio while I listen Music.

Make "sudo nvram amfi=0x80" to see if it will be enough for AMFI.

I need sudo nvram boot-args =“amfi=0x80” to get it back

• Like 1

On 8/20/2023 at 3:13 AM, jsl2000 said:

solution Youtube

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, PG7 said:

no work boot Legacy Clover ! ! !

Just use OpenCore.

Use LegacyBoot with Emulated NVRAM (LogoutHook).

No need for RadeonDeInit with RX5xx GPU when used with Whatevergreen Kext (that problem was solved years ago)

Hi All

Z390 rig (SMBIOS iMac20,1 - Clover 5154 - Sonoma Beta 6)

After a coupe of hours, I don't find the solution: csrutil disable command don't work on Recovery mode (Sonoma). There is this error message: "csrutil failed to update system integrity configuration. failed to set csr-active-config" Don't work too: csrutil authenticated-root disable.

[Clover] I put csr-active-config to 0x0 (Enable SIP) in the config.plist. Perhaps, there is something wrong in config.plist, below ? Could you have a look !

Do you have a solution, please

config.plist

Edited by Matgen84

On 8/24/2023 at 9:27 PM, PG7 said:

solution Youtube

Thanks for your instruction.

I have applied another way via Terminal: sudo nvram boot-args="amfi=0x80" which's working for me now !

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alpha22 said:

@jsl2000

With the latest version of Clover can you tell me how to run RX 560

thanks

Please show your hardware signature to make sure whether my Clover 5151/5154's config.plist working in yours.

• Like 2

On 8/25/2023 at 5:45 AM, Matgen84 said:

Hi All

Z390 rig (SMBIOS iMac20,1 - Clover 5154 - Sonoma Beta 6)

After a coupe of hours, I don't find the solution: csrutil disable command don't work on Recovery mode (Sonoma). There is this error message: "csrutil failed to update system integrity configuration. failed to set csr-active-config" Don't work too: csrutil authenticated-root disable.

[Clover] I put csr-active-config to 0x0 (Enable SIP) in the config.plist. Perhaps, there is something wrong in config.plist, below ? Could you have a look !

Do you have a solution, please

config.plist 20.07 kB · 6 downloads

• ACPI
    •  
    • Most of the ACPI Tables are disabled.  I am pretty sure you need SSDT-PMC on Z390!
    • SAT0 to SATA – disable that. If you want to rename the device in a smart way, use the "Rename Devices" feature instead.
  • Boot
    • itlwm_cc=FR – (I couldn't find any reference for this boot-arg)
  • CPU
    • Type: 0x0705 – Why?
  • Devices/Properties
    • Why are you injecting all these devices that the system knows already? You only need to inject Propeties for unknown devices and if you want to change parameters for a device.
  • Kernel and Kext Patches
    • Disable/Delete all the Portlimit Patches. Handled by XhciPortlimit quirk
  • RT Variables
    • Try 0x803 for CsrActiveConfig
  • SMBIOS:
    • Why are you using iMac20,1? For z390, iMac19,1 is recommended!
    • SMBIOS is out of date as well. Selecte "Update Firmware Only" and select the corresponding model again
  • System Parameters
    • Inject Kexts is obsolete since this command is for FSInject.efi which is no longer present in Clover (since r5125). Instead, OpenRuntime.efi handles Kexts injection now (like for everything important). So this is basically just a dead entry now.
  • Like 1

I have to remind that XhciPortLimit patch is recognized as harmful. Use USBmap kext or analogs.

I want to confirm that gcc13,1 and Python3.11.5 are good for compiling Clover in Mojave.

• Like 2