Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,869 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Thanks. Some macOS apps need CsrActiveConfig disable for installation.

@Matgen84

I confirm that the problem comes from your EFI/config.plist

because I have just tested disabling SIP by Recovery HD and it works very well with Clover

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@cankiulascmnfye Thanks for your advices.

What about csrutil issue in MacOS Sonoma Recovery Mode ? Error message: "csrutil failed to update system integrity configuration. failed to set csr-active-config" Don't work too: csrutil authenticated-root disable.

- The USB Patches I refered to are not disabled! They are set to "Disabled = False" which is the same as "Enabled". The only reason they are not executed is the "Match OS" parameter!

- Use proper single SSDTs no All-in-one file!

- "Update Firmware only" is a feature of Clover Configurator, not OpenCore!

- Format the disk and perform a clean install

Edited by cankiulascmnfye

9 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

- The USB Patches I refered to are not disabled! They are set to "Disabled = False" which is the same as "Enabled". The only reason they are not executed is the "Match OS" parameter!

- Use proper single SSDTs no All-in-one file!

- "Update Firmware only" is a feature of Clover Configurator, not OpenCore!

- Format the disk and perform a clean install

Thanks 😊

- The USB Patches : I remove these old patches that is the best way

- I can use several SSDT rather the SSDT-All-in-ON (approved by MaldOn). I don't understand why ?

- I don't use Clover Configuator app. "Update Firmware only" is not present in Clover config-sample.plist (GitHub repo). Maybe I'm wrong, but this feature isn't present too in the Clover source files either. I try to generate a SMBIOS from Clover configurator app: no key for "Update Firmware only". I don't understand. For SMBIOS iMac20,1: mine 21/05/2023 > Clover configurator app 4/03/2023 !

***** EDIT *******

In my config.plist: I add this two keys before clean up. And Trust=True in SMBIOS section.

<key>KbdPrevLang</key>
            <false/>
            <key>language</key>
            <string>fr:60</string>

Now csrutil command work fine 😊

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Slice said:

It tells "no such command"

csrutil authenticated-root disable Command recognized here on Recovery mode.

The only change in my config.plist: I add this two keys below. And Trust=True in SMBIOS section.

<key>KbdPrevLang</key>
            <false/>
            <key>language</key>

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

csrutil authenticated-root disable Command recognized here on Recovery mode.

The only change in my config.plist: I add this two keys below. And Trust=True in SMBIOS section.

<key>KbdPrevLang</key>
            <false/>
            <key>language</key>

Interesting. When early betas of Catalina were released, the install assistant only showed a grey background without text if the language was not set to US English because it didn't contain tranlations at that stage. But I didn't know that this could affect recovery as well. So when working with beta versions of macOS using "en-US:0" is best way to maximize compatibility.

BTW: In the Boot section, delete the "Legacy" key. It's not required.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

Interesting. When early betas of Catalina were released, the install assistant only showed a grey background without text if the language was not set to US English because it didn't contain tranlations at that stage. But I didn't know that this could affect recovery as well. So when working with beta versions of macOS using "en-US:0" is best way to maximize compatibility.

BTW: In the Boot section, delete the "Legacy" key. It's not required.

I don't know if language key affect directly the issue. It doesn't matter. The important thing is that it works now.

On Beta 6, there is a choice language windows. Strangely, Recovery OS Interface was in Russian before.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, iCanaro said:

Latest commit is not final. I wil do more.

Anyway I see no how latest commit may influence on your situation.

3 hours ago, iCanaro said:

Hi

On your AMD Hack do you have a BCM943xx as Wifi card ?

With latest Clover r5155 (2711170df commit) dis you add the new KEY BlockSkywalk (bool set to FALSE) ?

If BlockSkywalk is not present in KernelAndKextPatches section the default value is TRUE and with TRUE value BlockSkywalk macOS (14,13,12,...) can't boot, certainly your pbm.

Regards

24 minutes ago, matxpa said:

Hi

On your AMD Hack do you have a BCM943xx as Wifi card ?

With latest Clover r5155 (2711170df commit) dis you add the new KEY BlockSkywalk (bool set to FALSE) ?

If BlockSkywalk is not present in KernelAndKextPatches section the default value is TRUE and with TRUE value BlockSkywalk macOS (14,13,12,...) can't boot, certainly your pbm.

Regards

Hi @matxpa Block Skywalk is optional. If I understand the lines of code in the commit correctly. By defaut the value is FALSE. Sorry.

Capture d’écran 2023-09-01 à 15.28.40.png

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi @matxpa Block Skywalk is optional. If I understand the lines of code in the commit correctly. By defaut the value is FALSE. Sorry.

Capture d’écran 2023-09-01 à 15.28.40.png

HI

Did you try the last Clover build without BlockSkywalk key in config.plist ?

Regards

36 minutes ago, matxpa said:

HI

Did you try the last Clover build without BlockSkywalk key in config.plist ?

Regards

Hi
I don't try for the moment this commit 2711170. For testing my onboard Intel 9560 ac on Sonoma,  I use the previous one. On your side you tried ?

Regards

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi
I don't try for the moment this commit 2711170. For testing my onboard Intel 9560 ac on Sonoma,  I use the previous one. On your side you tried ?

Regards

Yes I've already tried it since few days as you could see on this screenshot below (r5155 (2711170) local XCOD8 build)

Capturedecran2023-09-01a19_23_39.png.e55b6b618c0529a91d71fc46fe84f330.png

So try r5155 without BlockSkywalk in config.plist, with BlockSkywalk activated, with BlockSkywalk deactivated

And the reason why i would try this r5155 release is the BCM94360 Wifi card on this Asus Laptop, i suppose it's a legitimate reason.

Spoiler

Sanstitre.png.91872dfd0eebad07bff8f4fb0672d889.png

And to close this topic look in CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Settings/ConfigPlist/Config_KernelAndKextPatches.h line code number 318

rEFIt_UEFI/Settings/ConfigPlist/Config_KernelAndKextPatches.h:318:    XBool dgetBlockSkywalk() const { return BlockSkywalk.isDefined() ? BlockSkywalk.value() : XBool(true); };

Regards

Edited by matxpa
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, matxpa said:

Yes I've already tried it since few days as you could see on this screenshot below (r5155 (2711170) local XCOD8 build)

Capturedecran2023-09-01a19_23_39.png.e55b6b618c0529a91d71fc46fe84f330.png

So try r5155 without BlockSkywalk in config.plist, with BlockSkywalk activated, with BlockSkywalk deactivated

And the reason why i would try this r5155 release is the BCM94360 Wifi card on this Asus Laptop, i suppose it's a legitimate reason.

Reveal hidden contents

Sanstitre.png.91872dfd0eebad07bff8f4fb0672d889.png

And to close this topic look in CloverBootloader/rEFIt_UEFI/Settings/ConfigPlist/Config_KernelAndKextPatches.h line code number 318

rEFIt_UEFI/Settings/ConfigPlist/Config_KernelAndKextPatches.h:318:    XBool dgetBlockSkywalk() const { return BlockSkywalk.isDefined() ? BlockSkywalk.value() : XBool(true); };

Regards

Hi @matxpa @Slice Thanks a lot. I'm not an expert in code lines, so I don't see that. @matxpa You're right BlockSkywalk should be defined FALSE by default instead of TRUE.

On 9/2/2023 at 3:27 PM, iCanaro said:

@jsl2000 

must be like in the config sample

Schermata 2023-09-02 alle 09.25.45.png

Thanks, but legacy Clover 5154/5155 got KP at Sonoma and no such an issue at Ventura in B85M-G hackintosh.

[Partially Solved]

1. This key should be true instead of False for my B85M-G hackintosh.

2. OpenCore can enable BCM4352 WiFi adapter now, but Clover still failed to connect any WiFi hub/port.

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 10.16.47 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 10.08.18 PM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, cankiulascmnfye said:

The latest beta build does not work for me. I get the following error:

20230903_083819_HDR.thumb.jpg.3784d2d016b36b85e79edb22f502da0e.jpg

Previous build works fine (check log for reference)

bootlog_5154.txt 52.65 kB · 3 downloads

After set BlockSkywalk key from False to True my B85M-G hackintosh got the same error as yours.